LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is late potty training becoming the norm in society

Here is another twist. Whin my age was in single digits, girls were often diapered at times until age 8 or until she could reliably hold it comfortably and was not at risk of losing it and wetting herself for two hours. This was under two conditions

1. Long trips. usually two hours or more. This was before the Interstate ssystem, when the faster speed routes were about 45 mph and places that might now be 1 hour apart would be 2 or more. The big deal was this. There were plenty of woods along the routes so the car could be stopped and a man or boy could get out, go behind a tree and let go. A woman or girl did not have that option and a grown woman can hold it comfortably for two hours or more. A trip from the Fall River area to Roxbury or Dorchester, Boston took about 2-1/2 hours down Rt 138 By 1959 that took 1 hour down Rt 24 which was really a full 6-lane 60 mph freeway and is used to this day (which I will be doing on the 31st)

2. While boys used to roam, girls usually stayed at someone's house for the afternoon. Again, boys could find a place outdoors to let go if they needed to. There was also the matter of the "light" and water bill. Any of those being over %5.00 a month was a cause for a fight. It was also the age of the 5 gallon toilet. As I said, girls used to gather at someone's house in groups of 3 to 6 or so, These groups were of mixed ages between 6 and 9 or 10. If you had two or more girls in the group who could not hold it for two hours reliably, and since these girls were friends, that would be known, or in some places, as a rule if they were under 8 years old, they would be in diapers for the afternoon, which usually meant from 12:00 to 4:45 or so. This would also be done to keep the bathroom free if there were 5 girls. Also, it would not be uncommon for there to be a younger sinbling still in diapers

Another thing that I have not seen mentioned is daycare, which seems to be common enough to be part of AB culture

The adverage potty training age in the US is 3 while in the UK is 5.

China is 2. Developed countries tend to have older ages then underdeveloped ones

• Like 3

I'll throw in my 2 cents as a parent and diaper aficionado. I grew up in Pampers so I'm a bit like a comic collector or someone who loves all the versions of a particular breakfast cereal in that regard. 

I just saw Pampers Swaddler's size 8's here for the first time and bought some, even though they will be of no real use to me - they're rated at 46 lb+, and my youngest is twice that weight, and I am 4X it. However, I compared them dimensionally and by weight and they are the exact same size as the 7's, so I seem to have been a victim of marketing. They actually weighed a bit less on average - I checked a few of them to make sure it wasn't just tolerances throwing me off.  

But I digress - a size 8 diaper rated to 46 lbs+ has about the same waist size as an average 7-9 year old, so they overlap the EasyUps/Pull-Ups/Goodnites market, and are priced accordingly - the 8's cost about a dollar a diaper, where size 5 & 6's can be had for about 1/2 that. But the "training pants/bedtime underpants" aisle is now the same size as the baby diaper aisle, and I, at ~200 lbs, can fit (granted, barley) in the XL size Goodnites. Although no engineer ever envisioned that and they're not of any real use to me, it does underline the fact that "Big Diaper" has your kids covered from premature birth to heading off to college, if you want them to be. The retail space these are being given, and the ad time, and the product development, tell us that the are selling. 

When I was a kid - and a bedwetter - there were no bedtime underpants on the market. My mom made toddler Pampers last as long as she could, because after that, the next step were medical diapers from specialized stores that were downtown. A lot of older kids still wore cloth diapers to bed - my older sister did for a bit. But the goal was to get you out of them asap. I was a marked outlier, still wearing diapers to bed as an older kid, and I felt it. 

Whereas now, I have a buddy with an 11-year-old son who still wears pull-ups to bed, and he doesn't feel bad about it, because that giant aisle at the grocery store tells him that he's not abnormal. The commercials tell him that he's not abnormal. I, for one, don't think that's a bad thing - I felt intense anxiety about wearing diapers when I was a kid - I felt like I was the only one in the world, and if someone found out, that was it, my live was over. Whereas my buddy's kid takes his pull-ups to sleepovers and it's not a big deal. SO I think that's a better world, even if it is to the benefit of Procter & Gamble and Kimberly Clark. 

I love this place and don't regret a moment of the time I've spent communing with like-minded individuals here, but, I would bet that there is a much lower chance of my buddy's son needing to find an understanding community at some point, than was the case for me, because he'll probably just wake up dry for a few weeks, and then never wear pull-ups again at some point, and never look back, whereas many of us come here to wrestle with the emotional aftermath of not feeling normal, and not having anyone to talk to, when our bedtime underpants were coming out of a box that, at the time, still had a big picture of a baby on it. 

But does that giant aisle of comfy pull-on, superhero-emblazoned big kid diapers increase the time that kids wear them? Absolutely. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I'll throw in my 2 cents as a parent and diaper aficionado. I grew up in Pampers so I'm a bit like a comic collector or someone who loves all the versions of a particular breakfast cereal in that regard. 

I just saw Pampers Swaddler's size 8's here for the first time and bought some, even though they will be of no real use to me - they're rated at 46 lb+, and my youngest is twice that weight, and I am 4X it. However, I compared them dimensionally and by weight and they are the exact same size as the 7's, so I seem to have been a victim of marketing. They actually weighed a bit less on average - I checked a few of them to make sure it wasn't just tolerances throwing me off.  

But I digress - a size 8 diaper rated to 46 lbs+ has about the same waist size as an average 7-9 year old, so they overlap the EasyUps/Pull-Ups/Goodnites market, and are priced accordingly - the 8's cost about a dollar a diaper, where size 5 & 6's can be had for about 1/2 that. But the "training pants/bedtime underpants" aisle is now the same size as the baby diaper aisle, and I, at ~200 lbs, can fit (granted, barley) in the XL size Goodnites. Although no engineer ever envisioned that and they're not of any real use to me, it does underline the fact that "Big Diaper" has your kids covered from premature birth to heading off to college, if you want them to be. The retail space these are being given, and the ad time, and the product development, tell us that the are selling. 

When I was a kid - and a bedwetter - there were no bedtime underpants on the market. My mom made toddler Pampers last as long as she could, because after that, the next step were medical diapers from specialized stores that were downtown. A lot of older kids still wore cloth diapers to bed - my older sister did for a bit. But the goal was to get you out of them asap. I was a marked outlier, still wearing diapers to bed as an older kid, and I felt it. 

Whereas now, I have a buddy with an 11-year-old son who still wears pull-ups to bed, and he doesn't feel bad about it, because that giant aisle at the grocery store tells him that he's not abnormal. The commercials tell him that he's not abnormal. I, for one, don't think that's a bad thing - I felt intense anxiety about wearing diapers when I was a kid - I felt like I was the only one in the world, and if someone found out, that was it, my live was over. Whereas my buddy's kid takes his pull-ups to sleepovers and it's not a big deal. SO I think that's a better world, even if it is to the benefit of Procter & Gamble and Kimberly Clark. 

I love this place and don't regret a moment of the time I've spent communing with like-minded individuals here, but, I would bet that there is a much lower chance of my buddy's son needing to find an understanding community at some point, than was the case for me, because he'll probably just wake up dry for a few weeks, and then never wear pull-ups again at some point, and never look back, whereas many of us come here to wrestle with the emotional aftermath of not feeling normal, and not having anyone to talk to, when our bedtime underpants were coming out of a box that, at the time, still had a big picture of a baby on it. 

But does that giant aisle of comfy pull-on, superhero-emblazoned big kid diapers increase the time that kids wear them? Absolutely. 

I grew up right when goodnites really hit the market. I spent a lot of time on the good nites forum as a 8-12 (?) year old. The first forum I ever visited regularly lol, I could load it on my PSP's browser 🎮 They eventually had to shut it down as laws were introduced regulating tech for under 13s. There were probably creepy abdls pretending to be kids as well but who knows. The forum/site were really good marketing when you think of it, they made a sizable online community in the mid 00s solely around their products and normalizing using protection at an older age.

I remember a time a good nites advert came on the TV and my uncle sang along with the music, and didn't have a weird reaction to the boys my age having a pillow fight and wearing the new goodnites under their pajamas. 

I had a family friend around my age that used goodnites and it was and matter of fact thing shared to anyone who entered their house, which I also found mind blowing and was super jealous of. My parents were old school, my repeated attempts at bed wetting never warranted protection lest it encourage the behavior. That didn't stop me from ordering goodnites samples dozens of times, to the same address with slight differences. That fueled my desires for a few years until I got independence. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

It's why now, I am seeing kids as young as 7 and up wearing pull-ups. Where I work as a psych tech in a hospital in-patient unit, I have encountered kids and preteens wearing pull-ups and I think this is starting to become the norm. Many people think that kids who are in pull-ups are the norm and a lot has changed in terms of what is accepted in society these days. Just think about the society back in the '70s, '80s, and '90s that would not tolerate kids beyond 3 to 5 years old still in diapers. Now, society's attitudes are changing and have become more accepting of kids being in diapers/pull-ups longer. Even today, people are becoming more tolerant, accepting, and open about kids who are in diapers/pull-ups. Look at what society today has become tolerant and accepting of these days.

On top of that have any of you ever gone to the store lately and looked at what they are selling pull-ups/diapers to kids, preteens, and teens such as Huggies pull-ups, underjam, Goodnites, Drynites and Ninjama pull-ups. Even Prevail and Tranquality have pull-ups marketed towards Kids, preteens, and adults. Even Northshore is marketing Gosupreme pull-ups for preteens, teens, and adults. So it makes you wonder if companies are making and selling Pull-ups to kids, preteens, and teens. Does this mean that kids, preteens and teens are kept in diapers/pull-ups longer or does it mean that society has a changing attitude and views towards potty training and the acceptance of being in diapers/pull-ups longer?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
21 hours ago, MegaChar said:

The adverage potty training age in the US is 3 while in the UK is 5.

China is 2. Developed countries tend to have older ages then underdeveloped ones

I've not seen any source that confirms that 5-year-old age.    I saw this: How Long Does it Take to Potty Train?  It says 2.5, which is probably young.

19 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Try the uk schools.

All I can say about all of this there could be many many more abdls in the future.

None of those articles say that the average age is five, and there usually are clickbait stories.    I've read a lot of hearsay, which is how that stupid litter box in schools rumor got started.

I think that the median age for potty training is higher than the average.  There is just no way that the average age of potty training in the UK is 5.   Based on reading the articles that haven't been shared, it sounds like 5-10% of the kids in Kindergarten are not potty trained, but they don't define what that is.  Is a kid who wears Pull-ups and wets twice a week considered potty trained?  

• Like 3
On 1/11/2024 at 3:02 PM, Kawaharu said:

Does anyone seem to notice how it's increasingly normal for people to be potty trained later, Even noticing how parents are delaying or even not potty training their kids at all? I have seen posts and articles online where parents are delaying potty training or even keeping the kids in diapers a lot longer. Some are saying it's the parent's fault and some parents are blaming COVID for not potty training or keeping the kids in diapers. Even many are saying parents have to work and have no time to potty train them.

I have seen diaper manufacturers lately starting to make diapers for kids who are still in diapers and still not potty trained. It also seems like more and more women are starting to wear diapers and pull-ups for Periods and PostPartum pregnancy.

It seems like these days with the data and articles, Diaper manufacturers have the data to justify creating larger-size kid diapers which to me thinks that kids potty training later or staying in diapers a lot longer is here to stay. I think the trend of potty training later or keeping the kids in diapers longer is here to stay and shows no signs of reversing. Do any of you think the trend is here to stay? Do any of you see the signs that diapers are becoming normalized in society?

Source:

https://www.yourtango.com/entertainment/teacher-says-more-kindergarteners-ever-still-diapers

https://www.reddit.com/r/Teachers/comments/1746pov/teachers_are_tired_of_changing_diapers_for/?rdt=41208

https://www.reddit.com/r/Teachers/comments/16rscgn/diaperchanging_stations_at_elementary_school_no/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Teachers/comments/14gjze9/sil_says_teachers_are_lazy_and_selfish_for/

God I hope so, I REALLY honestly hope so. When I was a kid I was potty trained when I was six and I had a lot of accidents post potty training and it would have really helped me if diaper manufacturers made diapers in my size back then. That actually reminds me of a story I've been reading about this adult lion cub that gets regressed to be 10 years old and later in the story his mom takes him out shopping. They walk past the diaper aisle and they see all sorts of diapers for kids. Most notably bigger kids with all different sorts of varieties and sizes it was really great to read about that and it definitely made the little lion cub feel better about going pee-pees in his pants. I really wish older kids had that option too. It's never made sense to me why we have to have the stigma when it comes to wearing diapers cuz I really does is provide a sense of shame and guilt and that's not good for anyone. Disabled people use diapers, old people use diapers, incontinence people use diapers, I don't understand why kids can't use diapers as well especially if it provides them a sense of comfort and security and helps with their mental issues if they have any. The diaper manufacturers could even add different designs or different witness indicators for older kids with various different varieties of sizes. Plus when those kids grew up they're going to realize that nobody cares whether or not you wore diapers anyway. Plus it's a lot more convenient on the parents too. I know I'm biased but that's because I feel very strongly about this topic, because for all intensive purposes, I WAS one of those kids. And I often struggled with this shame of liking my comfy diapers as a kid and not wanting to wear them because I didn't want to be made fun of or seen as a weirdo. But anyway my main point is is that I think kids that like/need diapers should have the option to get them in whatever varieties they choose. And my hope is that one day the stigma of wearing diapers all together whether you're young or old, disabled or able-bodied, potty trained or not potty trained, goes away and that wearing diapers just because another thing that's seen as normal in society.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
21 hours ago, Diapee Baby Jesse said:

God I hope so, I REALLY honestly hope so. When I was a kid I was potty trained when I was six and I had a lot of accidents post potty training and it would have really helped me if diaper manufacturers made diapers in my size back then. That actually reminds me of a story I've been reading about this adult lion cub that gets regressed to be 10 years old and later in the story his mom takes him out shopping. They walk past the diaper aisle and they see all sorts of diapers for kids. Most notably bigger kids with all different sorts of varieties and sizes it was really great to read about that and it definitely made the little lion cub feel better about going pee-pees in his pants. I really wish older kids had that option too. It's never made sense to me why we have to have the stigma when it comes to wearing diapers cuz I really does is provide a sense of shame and guilt and that's not good for anyone. Disabled people use diapers, old people use diapers, incontinence people use diapers, I don't understand why kids can't use diapers as well especially if it provides them a sense of comfort and security and helps with their mental issues if they have any. The diaper manufacturers could even add different designs or different witness indicators for older kids with various different varieties of sizes. Plus when those kids grew up they're going to realize that nobody cares whether or not you wore diapers anyway. Plus it's a lot more convenient on the parents too. I know I'm biased but that's because I feel very strongly about this topic, because for all intensive purposes, I WAS one of those kids. And I often struggled with this shame of liking my comfy diapers as a kid and not wanting to wear them because I didn't want to be made fun of or seen as a weirdo. But anyway my main point is is that I think kids that like/need diapers should have the option to get them in whatever varieties they choose. And my hope is that one day the stigma of wearing diapers all together whether you're young or old, disabled or able-bodied, potty trained or not potty trained, goes away and that wearing diapers just because another thing that's seen as normal in society.

That's why I am one of those adult babies and Incontinent who believe that diapers should be normalized and that potty training should be an option. I also believe that we should wipe out the stigma of diapers and make diapers as normal as wearing shorts and underwear. People have many reasons for wearing diapers and all should be accepted and valid. I think if kids/teens want to stay in diapers/pull-ups, I see nothing wrong with that as long as they are not harmed. I would even advocate that diapers should be normal and accepted. It even can be used to help with any medical/Mental Health issues. I hope that one day, the stigma of being diapered goes away forever, and people who wear diapers whether young, old, disabled, or able-bodied, those who are potty trained or not potty trained. Can wear diapers safely and be seen as normal in society. I also believe that adult babyhood can be a form of adulthood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I do not know what you mean by "normalized". They are a lot of work to use with the skin care, futzing around with tapes, leaks, blowouts, the expense of constant resupply of diapers and supplies, when you can wear regular underwear and just run into the bathroom, drop them and do your business and be on your way. What do you think most persons will opt for? Besides that, diapers are strongly associated with babies. That means with being helpless. Try calling a 4 year old a baby and see what you get. Why do you think a 6 year old boy gets knock-kneed when he is threatened with being put "back" in diapers (with the classic AB scenario being his "baby sister", which did occur in real life but not a tenth as much as the AB/Sissy scenario, which would only make sense in a cloth diaper context since pampers are fitted whereas the cloth diaper and rubber panties used for a 3-1/2 y/o would fit a 6 y/o, albeit a bit snugly)? And the girls are not much less so. The healthy path is toward self-determination and self-actualization. The feelings attributed to babyhood are figments of the adjut imagination. The closest you will come to babyhood is being stoned or drunk out of your mind. I can remember some of my life before I was 3 and even a bit after and there were no feelings as such. When Rosale Bent said her baby was fixated on the rattle for an hour and that that was proof of regression I broke out laughing, can you imagine an infant with an attention span of two minutes? Let alone an hour. and perceiving oneself as a "two your old little baby girl" or "3 year old baby boy" is absurd. You do not get boy/girl notions beginning before 3-1/2 and that starts slowly. Before 4, those are just words other people use with no real meaning
Edit: What it means to be a girl to me is I have long blonde hair and am in dresses, skirts or the like, both of which persons seem to like. I play with dollies, who are like persons to me, teap parties and things like that. The diapers and rubber panties relate to the "very little" part of me. I want to be a big girl, not a baby. The "very little" is the closest you could come to a baby that could still have meaning

The rejection of infancy and its trappings begins in early childhood; 4 to 7 years. In that sense diapers are "normalized" as trapping of babyhood. If they were not, they would lose their meaning to AB's, littles and sissies

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1