LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fecal incontinence is literally the worst thing ever

I have a mild form of it where it comes and goes but when it does come I deal with constant leakage, it's so embarrassing and weird too because I never know when or if it'll happen, think I might have ibs too so that might contribute to it, it's really ruining my life, I love diapers and all but i'm really not wanting to be in them 24/7. How do any of you deal with this?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, iweardiapers said:

I have a mild form of it where it comes and goes but when it does come I deal with constant leakage, it's so embarrassing and weird too because I never know when or if it'll happen, think I might have ibs too so that might contribute to it, it's really ruining my life, I love diapers and all but i'm really not wanting to be in them 24/7. How do any of you deal with this?

I used to have IBS and I would have random urges to poo about 3 times in the morning then 2 more times in the evening before bed.  I have stopped eating whole grain breads ricee and pastas limit my alcohol intake and I have started taking advanced strength probiotic pill supplements everyday with meals.  Now I only have to poo 2 times in the mornings and I can wear 24/7 without messing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, iweardiapers said:

You should also join our incontinence only forum for more support and tips: https://incont.org/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had IBS symptoms for a while, not sure what caused them but they went away. I figured out food and then drinking lot of water after is the biggest trigger. Now occasionally I will get flare ups and then have diarrhea. I haven't had one since 2020. I did try and go to the doctor about it in my twenties only to be told I needed a better diet but I have a hard time with it. It's not like I eat a bunch of junk food and sweets. I drank water too at work because I worked on my feet so I would be chugging down a bottle of water and then bam, my symptoms would flare up so I figured out water was the trigger and I needed to take sips and nott drink it like it's juice. I have even had a few messy accidents in my diaper and it was shitty and painful. Pun intended. 

Whatever my body went through for a while must have been a fluke. I was scared this was my new life and I didnt know how to articulate the issue to my doctor so I tried to keep a journal of how often it happened and keeping track of what I ate in preparation for if I do go to the doctor again about it. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, iweardiapers said:

I have IBS and I wear diapers 24/7 and permanently. You never know when IBS will attack you but having a diaper on is the best insurance policy for IBS episodes. I have had IBS many times where I am pooping so much that I have gone through many diapers before my IBS had its run on me. Being in diapers all the time, I never know when IBS will hit me but at least I am prepared when it does happen. I don't have to worry about having IBS episodes as long as I am in diapers.

• Like 1

With total bladder and bowel incontinence, after you wet and mess your diaper so many times, you just don’t get embarrassed any more. After accepting I will be in diapers for the rest of my life, I accepted the phrase “ Man up and diaper up”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

As someone who has never worn anything but diapers and pull-ups, my answer to this question for a long time has been to ask in return how you would describe the color red to someone blind from birth.  It's just not a big deal.  I don't want to offend others, so I take activated charcoal to neutralize the odor.  I follow a diet that is very high fiber because fibrous food passes through the digestive tract quickly.  I can't keep from messing myself, but I can narrow the window of time in which it will occur, and often I can trigger the BM by coughing heavily.  The disposables that can be retaped are a godsend because they permit me to try sitting on the toilet and triggering a movement rather than let nature take its course, and I'm not out the diaper if my body fails to cooperate.

At the end of the day, it's all what you are used to. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, fillemup said:

With total bladder and bowel incontinence, after you wet and mess your diaper so many times, you just don’t get embarrassed any more. After accepting I will be in diapers for the rest of my life, I accepted the phrase “ Man up and diaper up”.

That's so true and it's why being Incontinent and having IBS after I wet and mess in my diapers so often. It's become a normal thing for me and I have accepted I am in diapers for the rest of my life.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:19 PM, DailyDi said:

You should also join our incontinence only forum for more support and tips: https://incont.org/

I will stress what DailyDi said about joining the incontinence-only forum.  It would be more helpful for you as many of us are long-term incontinents or even double-incontinents (as I am). I hope to see you there.

• Like 1