LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic backed pullups?

pvcsissyxxx

No, I am a cloth diaper little girl from the late 1940's early '50's

• Like 1
11 hours ago, pvcsissyxxx said:

Hi does anyone know of any plastic backed pullups available in UK please?

I don't know of any and I'm not in the UK, but, I have a suggestion: at least here in Canada, most of the lower-end youth pull-ups on the market have a plastic top sheet that is covered by a cloth-like woven coversheet. They don't employ the truly "breathable" covers that most of the cloth-backed adult diapers and pull-ups employ. So, you can carefully excise the cloth-like cover, and voila, you have a plastic-backed pull-up. I don't know your size, but if you are of average dimensions, you might be able to find an XL-sized pull-up product that you can squeeze into. We have ones over here that are rated at 125 lbs+, and I could put them on when I was 60 lbs heavier than that - the side panels have a lot of give to them if you're careful. 

• Thanks 1

As stated, I have never seen a plastic backed pull up. 

8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I don't know of any and I'm not in the UK, but, I have a suggestion: at least here in Canada, most of the lower-end youth pull-ups on the market have a plastic top sheet that is covered by a cloth-like woven coversheet. They don't employ the truly "breathable" covers that most of the cloth-backed adult diapers and pull-ups employ. So, you can carefully excise the cloth-like cover, and voila, you have a plastic-backed pull-up. I don't know your size, but if you are of average dimensions, you might be able to find an XL-sized pull-up product that you can squeeze into. We have ones over here that are rated at 125 lbs+, and I could put them on when I was 60 lbs heavier than that - the side panels have a lot of give to them if you're careful. 

Only the center panel has the plastic mid layer.  Side panels are nothing but the stretchy "fabric".   No idea how you could successfully remove the "fabric" backing on just the center part and not have the side panels simply fall off or easily rip. 

12 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Only the center panel has the plastic mid layer.  Side panels are nothing but the stretchy "fabric".   No idea how you could successfully remove the "fabric" backing on just the center part and not have the side panels simply fall off or easily rip. 

Yes, it would be hard to manufacture a completely plastic pull-up because there wouldn't be a lot of stretch to them. They'd have to offer them in waist (waste? lol) sizes rather than just S/M/L/XL or whatever.

But peeling the flocked top sheet off works pretty well. It's a bit of surgery. Another member here was doing it for his daughter because she liked how much brighter the colours on the printed panel looked when the "cloth" was peeled away, so just for fun, I tried it on a couple of my daughter's pull-ups, and sure enough, it works. They use a really light plastic, though, I guess because it's somewhat protected by the cover, so both he and I noted the plastic cover tended to be easy to rip if the person wearing them was doing anything energetic.