LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After 26 years

I've been unemployed for 26 years. I've had tiny things like putting up Christmas decorations in a mall,but nothing serious. In the past six weeks this has come to a head. I first detected my need for a CV and not having had one since before the Internet, ie 1995, I was a little rusty. So I approached the college I was at 25 years ago and they set me up in a meeting with a counsellor who went through the process with me. 

Finally armed with a CV and now having a situation where bills are out of control, I took the five printed CV'S to places this week, and enquired at another six places, sending three CV's by email. I'm on a bit of a mission.

And yes, I know that by age 49 one is expected to be a high position in a field but my physical disabilities have held me back. The next step is to be accepted for something. I have a few more places I can hit before trying to get back onto radio too I guess.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I feel your struggle. I am going to be 33 next month. I was put on disability at 16. In the begining of 2023 I was found no longer disabled. I didn't fight the decision because I've come a long way from where I was. I have had a few part time jobs over the years but nothing that lasted more than a few months due to the disability. I wish you better luck than I have been having. I have applied SO many places and keep getting turned down. It's frustrating and depressing. With each email I recieve stating they found a more qualified person but thanks for applying, I hate myself more for not just fighting the decision. I really hope and pray for you that you have a better resume/cv than I do and that you get a job you want and enjoy. Looking for a job is the worst. 

• Like 1

I need to find something fast. Income didn't even pay bills and now I have no money till the end of January. I'm thinking of asking if I can help with tasks at the Hare Krishna temple in exchange for meals