LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pharmaceutical and incontinence

So is there a drug out there that will make you incontinent? I know of several that have side effects of bedwetting. I am currently on one now. And while you don't automatically wet the bed the chances that you will are greatly increased. But is there a drug or prescription you can get that will make you be incontinent?

There are a few that have the side effect of wetting. They include

• Muscle relaxants such as diazapan etc.
  • Narcotics such as oxycodone etc
  • Antihistamines such as diphenhydramine
  • Duretics

Each, in their own way, affect the bodies ability to regulate its own water balance and either relax or constrict the urinary sphincter.

There are combinations that cause urinary and/or bladder loss, and most pharmacists are aware of this and in the interest of the paitent, try to avoid the combinations.

There is a secondary effect called parasympatetic behaviour that occurs from similar chemicals being introduced to the body after partial breakdown of original chemicals - i.e. lets presume that asprin breaks down to become a duretic and one is also taking a paracetomol/caffine compound. Caffine is a stimulant mixed with the duretic would increase the need to urinate. All one needs to cause this to become a urinary issue is some form of relaxant such as a o.t.c. hay fever medication (which is a antihistamine) or more simply, being over tired or drinking alcohol.

Warning: Do not take medication in any form without being directed by a physician. Above I have used a simple example of what does happen to the average person, but we are all unique and I can't state for certain that this will happen with you. The other behaviour can happen - i.e. it ca effect your hormone balance, change heart/breating rate and kill you.

I don't think there's any money in them making it. The big drug companies need a big amount of money expected  to make one, now they are some with side effects like you say. I am not on any, most of my pain meds are no help there.. I would love to know about any to help relieve prostate pressure that the Dr says I don't have........ It's not there all the time, but it sucks .

I would think that any such drug would be by prescription since incontinence entails quite a bit of work to manage and a drug that would induce that, even as a side effect, would be something that is used for serious business, not to satisfy some fantasy, which health plans would not be willing to cover anyway and I would not want to be the shrink who recommended them and all the other things it would entail just for someone to get their jollies. I would have to recommend the drug, any drugs to combat some of the side effects and all the icontinence management supplies to be paid by the health plan company. Some ethicks committee might want to give me the once-over

1 hour ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

I would think that any such drug would be by prescription since incontinence entails quite a bit of work to manage and a drug that would induce that, even as a side effect, would be something that is used for serious business, not to satisfy some fantasy, which health plans would not be willing to cover anyway and I would not want to be the shrink who recommended them and all the other things it would entail just for someone to get their jollies. I would have to recommend the drug, any drugs to combat some of the side effects and all the icontinence management supplies to be paid by the health plan company. Some ethicks committee might want to give me the once-over

Although one would presume that these drugs are controlled by prescription, most are available O.T.C. see this

From that list:-

... and the list goes on and on. Many of the drugs that directly or indirectly affect continence are O.T.C. One which is very common is an antihystamine - i.e. hay fever drugs which a lot of sufferers take almost like candy at certain times of the year. Another is sleeping pills (diphenhydramine - hydrachloride) - which is Nytol, another o.t.c. drug that can induce bladder issues if mixed with another drug like a duretic, for which alcohol behaves in that way. I.E. a few drinks, a sleeping tablet and clinically, you will wet while asleep. Add a antihystamine (hay fever tablet) and the chance of you having a dry night is less and less likely. This is the common issue with some child hay fever sufferers, they are given hay fever tablets (so that they can sleep and breath) plus half a sleeping tablet, but the combination and the child will wet the bed overnight almost guarenteed. Some pediatritians, unaware / not caring that the child is taking the above combination, will also prescribe a ADH to address the bed wetting. With the above cocktail, the child will soak the bed so diapers etc are suggested which further convinces the mind to bed wet.

All it needs is a little research and the ability to understand the pharmacological action and design of drugs, what they are intended to do, and how they do it.

Warning:

So yes, it is possible, but not advisable to get, without prescription, medication to enduce incontinence, but as I warned before, before taking any medication, get advice from a physician as not all medication behave in as designed for everyone. Remember this one, Bruce Lee, a very healthy and fit young man (32), died from an extremely rare reaction to a common O.T.C. medication and although this site has 55k odd members, we still miss the ones that have passed.

For me, the most effective "medication" for promoting bedwetting is definitely alcohol. It's a central nervous system depressant, as well as a diuretic, and, it's often taken in solution with copious quantities of water (IE in beer or wine). I don't always wet the bed when I drink, and I don't always drink when I wet the bet, but, there is definitely a correlation - last year when I went to the UK with a couple of buddies and got soused every night for 8 straight nights, I wet while I was sleeping at least 4 times, whereas normally, that might happen once or twice in 8 nights. 

Unfortunately, drinking continually, in order to promote an uptick in bedwetting, comes with other potential side effects that are less desirable. 

48 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

For me, the most effective "medication" for promoting bedwetting is definitely alcohol. It's a central nervous system depressant, as well as a diuretic, and, it's often taken in solution with copious quantities of water (IE in beer or wine). I don't always wet the bed when I drink, and I don't always drink when I wet the bet, but, there is definitely a correlation - last year when I went to the UK with a couple of buddies and got soused every night for 8 straight nights, I wet while I was sleeping at least 4 times, whereas normally, that might happen once or twice in 8 nights. 

Unfortunately, drinking continually, in order to promote an uptick in bedwetting, comes with other potential side effects that are less desirable. 

Alcohol is a poison to the body. As a result, the body sacrifices its water balance to dilute it within the bloodstream. This causes the 'drunk feeling' of feeling numb and lack of muscle coordination. This is caused by the removal of fluids in the 'plugs and sockets' of the nervous system, which causes the common numb feeling and low response to muscle control. This has a secondary effect of inducing tiredness as well as reduction in inhabitions - i.e. a numbness in the brain. The body can pass out as a defense mechanism, as when one is asleep, one can't really consume more alcohol - however, the alcohol in the bloodstream still needs to be removed. As a result, the kidneys are overworked removing the extra fluids in the bloodstream, which is placed into the bladder. Unless you are used to this, the bladder fills to the level that it needs to be emptied. This is where the signals being sent to the brain that you need to empty your bladder should wake you, but enough alcohol and the brain stays asleep. This means that the bladder will empty itself while you are asleep, and will refill again and again until all the alcohol is out of the bloodstream.

By the time you awake, it is possible that you have wet numerous times (depending on the level of alcohol you have consumed), but then you will have to deal with the severe lack of fluids in your body - what is normally referred to as a hangover. This is an extra senstivity in your nervous system (due to the new fluids being placed in the plugs & sockets), the sensitivity in hearing (as before) and the dryness in the mouth compared with a massive headache - due to low water content in the brain, plus a sickness in the stomach - due to it being empty and also a reaction to the feeling of the alcohol as a memory effect to remember to avoid that food source.

Most dogs learn from these sequence of events - i.e. if a dog likes the taste of beer etc., all one has to do is to allow the dog to drink as much as it wants so that the dog gets drunk - and the effects of a hangover is enough for the dog to learn to avoid the beer. Unfortunately, humans are not that intelligent - as we tend to, for social reasons, drink enough alcohol with freinds to get drunk, suffer from the related hangover, and then repeat the same events expecting to either get immune or a different response.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:54 AM, babykeiff said:

Unfortunately, humans are not that intelligent

Some of us even make beer, which dogs are not known to do... maybe they are smarter. Although my dog repeatedly eats tissue paper from trash cans, even though it invariably makes him throw up. 

My hangover prevention routine is highly effective, but definitely gets an assist from the fact that I wear diapers to bed... first of all, when I drink, I tend to eat lightly as I go, which slows the process of alcohol absorption, and serves to replenish some of the salts lost to the fluid being transferred to the bladder. And, second, I guzzle at least a couple of tall glasses of water before I go to bed, no matter how sleepy I am - it's a hard rule for me. I rarely suffer from hangovers - almost never. Pretty much only when I drink something weird - say, tequila shots because it's so-and-so's birthday. If I'm drinking beer or wine and staying hydrated, I'm usually right as rain the next day.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

... Although my dog repeatedly eats tissue paper from trash cans, even though it invariably makes him throw up. ...

Dogs eat tissue and/or grass when they have an upset stomach - as it causes them to get sick. They know this, but will also re-eat the sick.

One of these days an IQ test for dogs will be put together. I wonder how many humans would pass / fail that one? 🤪

On 9/9/2023 at 8:38 PM, pantyman said:

So is there a drug out there that will make you incontinent? I know of several that have side effects of bedwetting. I am currently on one now. And while you don't automatically wet the bed the chances that you will are greatly increased. But is there a drug or prescription you can get that will make you be incontinent?

Seriously a specific drug to make you incontinent. I very much doubt it.