LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Short Takes: Books With Diaper & Wetting Content

Nancy Drew, 2007 Warner Bros.

A smart movie starring Emma Roberts as Nancy Drew the timeless teen detective.

Nancy moves to California with her father. Naturally, they rent a house with a mystery attached to it. Even though Nancy has told her father she won’t do any sleuthing, she is inexorably drawn to the case. Barbara Barbara, the real estate agent that rents Draycott Mansion to the Drews tries to scare Nancy when she first shows them the house. After a gag ghost sighting in the hallway, Barbara Barbara tells Nancy: “There are so many booby traps all over this house, people get so scared sometimes they wet their pants.” Nancy counters with: “Where’s the gift shop?” Barbara Barbara says: “That’s the spirit!”

With this comment that seems a little out of context and a couple of near upskirts for Nancy, the movie has some flavor. It really is above the usual fare for this type of film. I imagine it was a complete flop with the younger set. Make sure you see it.

-D Rainger

Unknown College textbook, circa 1970s

When I was in college I studied Psychology and Sociology. I had a text that described the interactions between a child therapist and a six-year-old client. The little girl could defecate at will and would effectively put an end to her sessions by messing her pants. This went on for some time until the parents and Psychiatrist came up with a solution. They put the little girl in plastic pants and let her go ahead and have a movement. The therapy session was able to continue albeit a bit uncomfortably for the little girl and the therapist due to the close confines of the office. This effectively put an end to the little girl’s disruptive behavior. Pretty traumatic by today's standards.

-D R

• 1 year later...

These are AMAZING, D_Rainger. I'm very impressed. Thank you.

I'm trying to think of a couple of recs myself, but I can't think of very many.

Bed-wetting is a recurring theme in Jacqueline Wilson's books. One I remember particularly is 'The Illustrated Mum'. There is a desperation scene where the two sisters are forced to run to school when their hungover mother refuses to leave the bathroom, and the younger barely makes it. There's also a description of bedwetting, where the younger sibling Dol worries about wetting the bed when she is taken into foster care.

Also, there is a scene in 'Sophie's Tom', where Sophie, starting school for the first time, refuses to go to the toilet when she is told to and there is a scene of her hopping up and down in desperation.

I can't think of many adult books that mention it sadly, though I would like to read them. I'll try to update when I think of more! :)

• 1 year later...

My taste in books is rather..odd, and there are two books which have passing references to the main characters (both adults) wearing diapers. I don't have the books with me at the moment, but I can get hold of them again and type up some passages.

First one is "The Enchantments of Flesh and Spirit" by Storm Constantine, and has just a couple sentences, but its pretty up-front about the diaper wearing.

Another one is "Daughter of Kura" by Debra Austin. This one has a longer description/part- the diaper seems to play a bit of a psychological part(comfort), and the woman's husband notices and comments on it. Rather interesting speculation on diapers in the caveman days, too.

• 4 years later...

I don't remember which books in particular but a lot of Stephen Kind books make reference to pants wetting and in some make mention of adult diapers.

The Stand after Stu Redman meets up with Tom Collins he goes into a pharmacy and is looking at the incontinence

• 2 months later...

There was a book called "Kiss those candy days goodbye?" that talks about childhood diabetes. There is a scene where the main character has an accident due to his kidneys processing glucose into the bladder. He passes out and is at the hospital with wet pants. I can't remember the author but it was the first book to really clue me in on pantswetting.