LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Babypants web site

It seems that traditional material panties are disappearing. Fetware is gone, as is B4NS. Rearz seems to be devoid of them and Protex seems to be phasing them out. Rubber is discontinued there and the once stellar variety of material from Gary has shrunken severely. And there do not seem to be any new companies coming up and Gary does not seem to be replacing missing options. Also rubber just seems to have disappeared from the upper North American continent. How does all this happen on a continent with a population of 370 MILLION people?

• Sad 1

I just partially updated RUBBER PANTIES'R'US to reflect the current state of affairs. I had at least 14 items in the review list, Now I am down to  SIX!!!!. I also replaced the links to the Market Basket and Stop & Shop baby powder threads with a link to the Baby Powder Shootout

That's what happens when the older people who were raised in cloth diapers and rubber or vinyl pants get old and die off.  I'm 65 and was raised in cloth diapers, but a decade later Pampers became popular so I'd say most people in their 50's were raised in disposable diapers.  Without the old folks who were raised in rubber pants as toddlers supporting the rubber pants business, you have to expect places to sell off products that don't move or sit on the shelf - no profit if your products just sit on the shelves.  They have to make room in their inventory for things that sell. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, rusty pins said:

That's what happens when the older people who were raised in cloth diapers and rubber or vinyl pants get old and die off.  I'm 65 and was raised in cloth diapers, but a decade later Pampers became popular so I'd say most people in their 50's were raised in disposable diapers.  Without the old folks who were raised in rubber pants as toddlers supporting the rubber pants business, you have to expect places to sell off products that don't move or sit on the shelf - no profit if your products just sit on the shelves.  They have to make room in their inventory for things that sell. 

I'm 57 and I was raised in cloth diapers and rubber pants. I even have memories of cloth training pants. I think you need to get closer to 1970 before the huge switch to Pampers and other disposable diapers.

5 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I'm 57 and I was raised in cloth diapers and rubber pants. I even have memories of cloth training pants. I think you need to get closer to 1970 before the huge switch to Pampers and other disposable diapers.

Even the early throw-aways needed rubber panties and they were common  into the late 70's and in stores into the mid '80's. I saw them being used in 1979. That person would be about 44 today. In '88 a home econ social worker I met wanted them to be required over throw-awyas and was quite trong about it

2 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Even the early throw-aways needed rubber panties and they were common  into the late 70's and in stores into the mid '80's. I saw them being used in 1979. That person would be about 44 today. In '88 a home econ social worker I met wanted them to be required over throw-awyas and was quite trong about it

Kind of weird, I have a photo of a cousin in a disposable pin on diaper in 1970. No rubber pants in sight. I also remember the little girl across the street wearing a disposable diaper with no rubber pants over it in the mid '70s. I'm sure some parents used rubber pants over disposables, but they certainly weren't required.

5 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Kind of weird, I have a photo of a cousin in a disposable pin on diaper in 1970. No rubber pants in sight. I also remember the little girl across the street wearing a disposable diaper with no rubber pants over it in the mid '70s. I'm sure some parents used rubber pants over disposables, but they certainly weren't required.

Most that I know of did. There were no "leak guards" at that time. I guess you could get away with it for a while