LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Back again but I never stopped wetting

Hi to all. I just came back to this site after being off it for a long time. There seemed to be a lot of technical issues with the site in the past. Hope to reconnect with many. No, I haven't stopped peeing my bed. In fact I seem to be doing it more as I get older. Funny how that works, right? Any other on here have that experience too?

• Like 3
21 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Hi to all. I just came back to this site after being off it for a long time. There seemed to be a lot of technical issues with the site in the past. Hope to reconnect with many. No, I haven't stopped peeing my bed. In fact I seem to be doing it more as I get older. Funny how that works, right? Any other on here have that experience too?

If not mistaken you’re the one that purposely peed the bed so mom wouldn’t remove the rubber sheet … my hero.  Wish I’d been so smart.

And yes, the frequency of my sleep wetting has increased as I’ve grown older.  It’s to the point dry nights are few and far between.  I’m not complaining. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, WBxx said:

If not mistaken you’re the one that purposely peed the bed so mom wouldn’t remove the rubber sheet … my hero.  Wish I’d been so smart.

And yes, the frequency of my sleep wetting has increased as I’ve grown older.  It’s to the point dry nights are few and far between.  I’m not complaining. 

You're not mistaken. I stopped regularly bedwetting at around 13 but was able to keep the rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17. My mothers rule was that after six dry months, which I think she later changed to three months, the rubber sheet would be removed. She saw that as a reward. I saw it as a punishment and made sure that I extended its use until I was 17. It was well used past 13 although by then I had to do my own laundry so I guess she probably lost interest somewhere along the way. I still got lectured though.

8 hours ago, stevewet said:

I peed the bed right in to my 20s and have been back to wetting every night again since I turned 50.

My regular bedwetting began to lessen during puberty and by 13 I had only occasional overnight accidents, although as I told WBxx above, I was able to keep the rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17. When I moved out of my parents home over a year later and was working in construction and had my own place I was drinking a lot after work and the overnight bedwetting returned. I wrecked a mattress because of constant wetting and learned to keep protection on it after I had to replace it. I had to curb my drinking just for the sake of being able to date and have relationships. But when i got older and developed health problems the wetting issues returned. I think that if overage bedwetting is a problem when you're younger it's probably more likely to return when you get older.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

She saw that as a reward. I saw it as a punishment and made sure that I extended its use until I was 17.

Bravo, sir! I've thought many times that I wish I had thought of exactly this, when I was a kid. I wet the bet prolifically until I was about 10 and a half, and I engaged in a pantomime for most of the latter years with my parents about not wanting to wear diapers to bed, but being a sport and taking one for the team, because rubber sheets protect the mattress, but you still have to launder everything else every day or every second day, so wearing diapers made for better mornings and less laundry. When I started going 4 or 5 nights in a row without wetting, my parents got very excited, and I kind of did, too - that was right around the age where I started wanting to go to overnight camps with buddies or to sleepovers, and not having to pack Pampers with me had its appeal. SO I rolled with it, and before I was 11, I was out of diapers at night... and then I realized I really, really wanted to still wear diapers at night.

So I started making my own using safety pins and towels or pillow cases and plastic bags. I got a stepdad around that time, and he found my homemade diaper stash when I was 13, and yelled at me in front of my family. That experience resulted in a 20 year hiatus on wearing or thinking about diapers. 

So if I could go back in time, I would tap my 10-year-old self on the shoulder and say, "Keep wetting your diapers, son, or they'll take them away." Although I also didn't fit in most diapers by then, so I have no idea what the alternative would have been - this was the 1980's so there were no pull-ups on the market. I guess they'd have found medical diapers, or maybe cloth? The mind boggles. What could have been...

• Like 3