LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interesting Experiment

Hey Gang,

I don't post here very often but I do read this forum on a regular basis.  I love many of your comments and experiences.

Before I talk about my experiment,  I'd like to tell you a little about myself.  I've been interested in wearing diapers for as long as I can remember.  That's been  a long time because I just turned 60 years old a few weeks ago.  I've been wearing diapers 24/7 for almost 10 years now and I think that I'm pretty diapered train.   At night,  I often wet without waking up and I'm always soaked in the morning.

Now to the experiment.  I always wondered if I didn't wear a diaper to bed if at this point in my diaper training if I would wet the bed.  My wife is out of town this weekend and this would be a good opportunity to give it a try.   I'm going to buy some disposable  bed pads and go to sleep with a diaper tonight and tomorrow night.    I'll try to report back and let you know how things  go.

3 hours ago, rileyroo said:

At night,  I often wet without waking up and I'm always soaked in the morning.

Now to the experiment.  I always wondered if I didn't wear a diaper to bed if at this point in my diaper training if I would wet the bed.  My wife is out of town this weekend and this would be a good opportunity to give it a try.   I'm going to buy some disposable  bed pads and go to sleep with a diaper tonight and tomorrow night.    I'll try to report back and let you know how things  go.

I ran this experiment myself a little over a year in to "24/7".   By then I was pretty sure that I was at least occasionally sleep-wetting.

The first night was largely sleepless.  I just lay there and every hour or two I got up to use the bathroom because I was aware that my bladder was "full" (it wasn't of course, but it was a bit sensitive to holding anything).

The SECOND night I was exhausted and fell asleep swiftly.  I woke up at around 3am and was confused as to why everything around me was wet (and cold!).

I repeated this experiment another year down the track and got a similar result.  The FIRST night I was actutely aware of my undiapered state and it just screwed with my ability to sleep.  The SECOND night I'd full-on wet the bed (no nappy).

Now that we are more than 4.5 years in, I've not had another opportunity to road-test things.   COVID shut down travel for years and then life got in the way but I DO know that I may well just wet the bed anyway if I sleep undiapered.  If you resemble me, you may need a second night.

Knock yourself out.  But my experience was similar to @oznl’s, except that I gave up after 24 hours.  My sleep sucked and I ended up tossing and turning all night.   There have been a few times where I passed out at home after drinking, while airing out and waking up in a puddle.  But that’s not a fair test either.  But no harm in trying as long as you have a reliable bedwetting pad  

Also, even if you wake up with a full bladder do you have the ability to make it to the toilet on time?  

• 2 months later...

I've been 24/7 for 4.5 years, wearing diapers to bed for more like 5.5 years, but I have not tried this experiment. I suspect I'd get the following results: I would sleep like crap for at least a couple of nights, out of fear that I'll soak the bed, then, I would fall asleep out of sheer exhaustion on maybe the third night, and sleep like a stone, for at least a while, and, lastly, if I did this night after night for a sufficient period, I'd probably soak the sheets. Getting drunk every night would accelerate that timeline, but otherwise, it might take a while, because right now, I unconsciously wet in bed, but not regularly. More of the time, I can recall waking and letting it happen, however briefly I dipped my toe into consciousness before fading to black again. 

I'm in agreement with the others that if you're not protected you will not sleep well or not sleep at all. And then when you do sleep the bed had better be protected , as I am sure it is. But I would put down several layers of bath towels to make the clean up much easier . But you will not know unless you try..