LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is it hot enough for ya?

3 hours ago, Dubious said:

The patent system is destroying the earth. 

People take out patents on stuff they don't intend to make them self.
They either do it to make money, or to stop people from making it. 

We had electric cars 100 years ago.

Let's face facts man the pattent office isn't destroying the planet. The designs were there over 100years. Greed of power,control, and dyed hemp paper is what is destroying a good life on the planet.

Let's create the device to open a rosen einstine bridge and modify it a bit to make a black whole so we can make everlasting peace what do say ? Everyone dead sucked threw a black hole = 0 conflict .

Not all things invented need to be released and they don't make the word a better place with idiots that twist the designs .

Explain how a nuclear power power cell got turned into a nuclear exploseive that destroyed heroshima and nagasaki ?

What is destroying the planet again ?

This over a electric car? Do you think that is the only option?

There is a combustion engine that runs off water and has water vapor for exhaust. By the way the inventor is dead and the protype gone. Hey if it's put to gether wrong it turns into a hydrogen bomb.

We could go with teleportation 🤔Oh maybe not because if someone messes with the hardware the person will look like hamburger, and a pile of shit when they arrive at their destination. 

I know let's make the ship that travels just below the speed of light. Oh damn how the hell did we end up 7 lightyears from earth with no way back ? Shit our whole family is gonna be dead by the time we get back.

Unfortunately people do stupid shit with the technology we have already, what makes anyone in their right mind think that is going to change anytime soon?

4 hours ago, Dubious said:

With all honesty fornthe electric car design 100years ago a full charge got the car a full 100ft in 10minutes and it was faster to walk 😂

That is like saying we had a calculator centuries ago it was called a abacus 🤨

18 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

With all honesty fornthe electric car design 100years ago a full charge got the car a full 100ft in 10minutes and it was faster to walk 😂

That is like saying we had a calculator centuries ago it was called a abacus 🤨

Electric cars and advancement in technology gut buried when they found oil. 

I guess we have to get rid of all the cows? Do you know the cow poop is way worse on the ozone than all of the cars. The methane is one of the biggest things destroying the ozone, So we kill all the cows, get rid of all the cars trucks etc, even trains busses, etc. And don't let it storm because lighting strikes a lot and the particulates are hurting everything . But God made the storms to water forests. And lighting to clear out the dead trees, so the seed of the pine trees etc can drop and get rain and build a new forest. We can't live or do a lot without oil. Oil is not just for cars, the oil in a lot of the fields out in the Calif area, like Kern county is used for making clothing, plastic, etc. 

I guess we can go back to caveman days and save the ozone. I no we need to do something but too many people get on the band wagon and support stuff that they don't know anything about..

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

People (humans) are destroying the earth.

In relation to electric stuff - every fixed route vehicle be it a train, tram, bus, truck etc should be connected via a pantograph (similar to how dogems get power from the roof grid) to an electric line. Then the vehicles will not need to carry heavy batteries / fuel supply / generator to drive electric motors. The technology exists so that these vehicles can count what electricity they use for billing purposes, YET only 35% of public transport worldwide use this type of system. The other 65% carry fuel to either generate electricity to drive motors OR directly propel a heavy fuel based engine.

This concept of moving a vehicle that doesn't waste energy by carrying it own propulsion systems was identified by Richard Trevithick & Robert Stevenson in 1800s. First electric vehicle was by Robert Anderson 1832. That, by my calculations is 200 odd years ago.

What you have stated is where the concept of capitalism fails, and its only purpose of capitalism is to feed the greed of the individual at the cost of everyone else in the world. Humans are the only species in the world that kill itself to feed a greed for tokens and/or shiny baubles. We all heard of the story of Midas... but most are still fooled by these same shiny baubles!

3 hours ago, foreverdl said:

I guess we have to get rid of all the cows? Do you know the cow poop is way worse on the ozone than all of the cars. The methane is one of the biggest things destroying the ozone, So we kill all the cows, get rid of all the cars trucks etc, even trains busses, etc. And don't let it storm because lighting strikes a lot and the particulates are hurting everything . But God made the storms to water forests. And lighting to clear out the dead trees, so the seed of the pine trees etc can drop and get rain and build a new forest. We can't live or do a lot without oil. Oil is not just for cars, the oil in a lot of the fields out in the Calif area, like Kern county is used for making clothing, plastic, etc. 

I guess we can go back to caveman days and save the ozone. I no we need to do something but too many people get on the band wagon and support stuff that they don't know anything about..

It is not about getting rid of stuff.... it is about getting rid of the waste of raw materials. It was King Gillette, a salesman that started the concept of selling the same item multiple times to consumers by making the product disposable all for his own greed. Nothing in this world should be disposable. Every item made takes resources that are getting more scarce day by day.... and we still insist on the newest, sparkly, shiny bauble while all the time dumping yesterdays model.

We have systematically made the world we live in disposable expecting someone else to handle the trash while all the time expecting the world to give us an unlimited supply of new product.

During and at the end of world wars, people lived with the concept of 'repair and make do'. Today, the concept is buy new and dump the old stuff. This concept will turn full circle, but at that stage, there will be nothing left to repair / make do.... and no place to live.

Today, 2023, some people are fighting with manufacturers about who owns the products we buy, and if the end user has the right to repair it. Many countries have a 'recycle' system in process, but all it is is a way for the manufacturers to remove second hand product / spare parts for repair out of the market place. This means a product with the normal lifespan of 10-20 years (when repaired and well taken care of) fails within 5 years. Even a brand new electric car has a lifespan of 5 years (the batterys die and replacement cost from the maker is dearer than the replacement cost of the car). Giants like Apple etc. design their products to fail... and also remove the supply of its repair parts from the market place. Tesla have been known to, when one of their cars are sold secondhand remove features like fast charging etc. This is all to ensure people only buy new product and scrap the older one. There are products made 100+ years ago that still function as they were designed however, a product made in the last 20 years is usually falling apart / already in landfill / dumped in the sea.

It is us, as consumers, that have to make the choice - do you need that newer shinier device, or is your old device still working? If you buy a new device, where is your old device going? If it is to someone who will use it, that is good... if it is to 'recycle' which equates landfill / being burnt, then that is costing you more than I can explain here - and this is not about the money - if a second hand product is getting used, then the person who is using it is not a drain to the resources of this world - however, if it is being scraped / recycled / burnt, then the resources that are in that product is being destroyed and never able to be used again - that is expect the metal.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, babykeiff said:

It is not about getting rid of stuff.... it is about getting rid of the waste of raw materials. It was King Gillette, a salesman that started the concept of selling the same item multiple times to consumers by making the product disposable all for his own greed. Nothing in this world should be disposable. Every item made takes resources that are getting more scarce day by day.... and we still insist on the newest, sparkly, shiny bauble while all the time dumping yesterdays model.

We have systematically made the world we live in disposable expecting someone else to handle the trash while all the time expecting the world to give us an unlimited supply of new product.

During and at the end of world wars, people lived with the concept of 'repair and make do'. Today, the concept is buy new and dump the old stuff. This concept will turn full circle, but at that stage, there will be nothing left to repair / make do.... and no place to live.

Today, 2023, some people are fighting with manufacturers about who owns the products we buy, and if the end user has the right to repair it. Many countries have a 'recycle' system in process, but all it is is a way for the manufacturers to remove second hand product / spare parts for repair out of the market place. This means a product with the normal lifespan of 10-20 years (when repaired and well taken care of) fails within 5 years. Even a brand new electric car has a lifespan of 5 years (the batterys die and replacement cost from the maker is dearer than the replacement cost of the car). Giants like Apple etc. design their products to fail... and also remove the supply of its repair parts from the market place. Tesla have been known to, when one of their cars are sold secondhand remove features like fast charging etc. This is all to ensure people only buy new product and scrap the older one. There are products made 100+ years ago that still function as they were designed however, a product made in the last 20 years is usually falling apart / already in landfill / dumped in the sea.

It is us, as consumers, that have to make the choice - do you need that newer shinier device, or is your old device still working? If you buy a new device, where is your old device going? If it is to someone who will use it, that is good... if it is to 'recycle' which equates landfill / being burnt, then that is costing you more than I can explain here - and this is not about the money - if a second hand product is getting used, then the person who is using it is not a drain to the resources of this world - however, if it is being scraped / recycled / burnt, then the resources that are in that product is being destroyed and never able to be used again - that is expect the metal.

Well I do agree on some of your points. I am an Apple only household . I have a lot of older Mac's I use them for different purposes I don't think if an Apple computer is still being used every day some of mine are 24/7 that it was made to fail. I do think a lot of stuff is however made to fail. I did TV etc repair for over 20 yrs . I have old 1930's radios that still work, I have 1950's Tvs that still work. But some things like a TV old is analog and new is digital, makes it harder to use. I have repaired things way back from the tube days and I still have maybe 400 tubes. However new Tv's like the flat screen are not worth a repair. I run our main TV 24/7 and they will last 3-5 yrs and I will just trash it and buy new, like most people . I left the repair field yrs ago when a VCR came down to a $25 thing. I did repairs and I remember some home VCR's that the repair was $600. I fixed Umatic 1" tape size VCR's and the repairs on some were way over a $1000.00 . I am of the older lost generation of FIX it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, foreverdl said:

Well I do agree on some of your points. I am an Apple only household . I have a lot of older Mac's I use them for different purposes I don't think if an Apple computer is still being used every day some of mine are 24/7 that it was made to fail. I do think a lot of stuff is however made to fail. I did TV etc repair for over 20 yrs . I have old 1930's radios that still work, I have 1950's Tvs that still work. But some things like a TV old is analog and new is digital, makes it harder to use. I have repaired things way back from the tube days and I still have maybe 400 tubes. However new Tv's like the flat screen are not worth a repair. I run our main TV 24/7 and they will last 3-5 yrs and I will just trash it and buy new, like most people . I left the repair field yrs ago when a VCR came down to a $25 thing. I did repairs and I remember some home VCR's that the repair was $600. I fixed Umatic 1" tape size VCR's and the repairs on some were way over a $1000.00 . I am of the older lost generation of FIX it.

I respect your points, and understand that the old CRT TVs are 'past it' so to speak. In relation to Apple, I suggest you look at Louis Rossmann and his insight into Apple products, but also what you see yourself in relation to FSTV system, yours only last 3-5 years as compared to the 1930s radios (mainly made with wood or backelite cabinets) that you have for the past 100 odd years. Even the build quality of those devices were poor as compared to today - i.e. components wrapped around pins / pegs and soldered together YET they still work / survive much longer than the 3-5 years of todays technology. Capacitors dry out, wire wound resistors break up, valves crack etc., but they are all repairable. In modern technology it is SMT mass production where thermal increase in those components cause them to disconnect from the PCBs and/or create a cascade failure on a board. ICs on these PCBs do have an advantage in compartmentalizing or blocking circuit design with proven technology yet, the MTBF of surface mount components is a lot shorter than that of through hole or even valve technology.

Mass production plus cheaper design & components has reduced retail price and removed the commercial value of repairing, but it still has not removed the reason to repar. Your skillset in electronic repair is a dying trade, as today, it is cheaper to replace than repair - that is if one only looks at the instant financial cost to get a product repaired. But if one looks at the cost to trash an item - i.e. crushing and burning the materials used to build that item - that cost is out of the world... and if it continues, we will run out of resources. The actual value of an item purchsed today is so little, companies have to sell billions to make money. This has a side effect in that every product, and therefore the world is disposable.

There are a limited amount of resources in this world, and as soon as we use them all, they are gone forever.

15 hours ago, babykeiff said:

I respect your points, and understand that the old CRT TVs are 'past it' so to speak. In relation to Apple, I suggest you look at Louis Rossmann and his insight into Apple products, but also what you see yourself in relation to FSTV system, yours only last 3-5 years as compared to the 1930s radios (mainly made with wood or backelite cabinets) that you have for the past 100 odd years. Even the build quality of those devices were poor as compared to today - i.e. components wrapped around pins / pegs and soldered together YET they still work / survive much longer than the 3-5 years of todays technology. Capacitors dry out, wire wound resistors break up, valves crack etc., but they are all repairable. In modern technology it is SMT mass production where thermal increase in those components cause them to disconnect from the PCBs and/or create a cascade failure on a board. ICs on these PCBs do have an advantage in compartmentalizing or blocking circuit design with proven technology yet, the MTBF of surface mount components is a lot shorter than that of through hole or even valve technology.

Mass production plus cheaper design & components has reduced retail price and removed the commercial value of repairing, but it still has not removed the reason to repar. Your skillset in electronic repair is a dying trade, as today, it is cheaper to replace than repair - that is if one only looks at the instant financial cost to get a product repaired. But if one looks at the cost to trash an item - i.e. crushing and burning the materials used to build that item - that cost is out of the world... and if it continues, we will run out of resources. The actual value of an item purchsed today is so little, companies have to sell billions to make money. This has a side effect in that every product, and therefore the world is disposable.

There are a limited amount of resources in this world, and as soon as we use them all, they are gone forever.

I left the TV repair field 20 or so yrs ago because I say the hand writing on the wall repair shops were failing, and etc etc. I went to the oil electrical for twice the money. And am now another 20 yrs I am old and disabled . I do say the manufactures have created the whole issue of when the TV etc dies don't fix it there is competition and then why pay to fix if a new item is soo cheap. If the states had a better recycling system then the parts can be used to sell used items. And you we are heading to a trash crash I don't disagree . But when it's still soo cheap the people are not thinking ahead. I agree gone is the day of the Fixit shop like on the Andy TV show. I would like nothing better than to even as a disabled guy to have my own Fixit shop, fix toasters, irons, TV's anything and everything , But with crap coming from China not many people still think like that I really like that old item and would really rather fix it even it it cost more than new to fix.  If anyone is thinking about their grandchildren then they are lying to themselves . I have no disagreement with that stuff. If we stopped China from shipping all things that we can fi ? into our country Then we as USA would have no choice but to fix everything .

Just now, foreverdl said:

I left the TV repair field 20 or so yrs ago because I say the hand writing on the wall repair shops were failing, and etc etc. I went to the oil electrical for twice the money. And am now another 20 yrs I am old and disabled . I do say the manufactures have created the whole issue of when the TV etc dies don't fix it there is competition and then why pay to fix if a new item is soo cheap. If the states had a better recycling system then the parts can be used to sell used items. And you we are heading to a trash crash I don't disagree . But when it's still soo cheap the people are not thinking ahead. I agree gone is the day of the Fixit shop like on the Andy TV show. I would like nothing better than to even as a disabled guy to have my own Fixit shop, fix toasters, irons, TV's anything and everything , But with crap coming from China not many people still think like that I really like that old item and would really rather fix it even it it cost more than new to fix.  If anyone is thinking about their grandchildren then they are lying to themselves . I have no disagreement with that stuff. If we stopped China from shipping all things that we can fi ? into our country Then we as USA would have no choice but to fix everything .

And to add to the parts caps etc that fail, if we had caps Made in the USA as the old ones I have replaced caps that were over 30 yrs old how is this bad???

1 hour ago, foreverdl said:

And to add to the parts caps etc that fail, if we had caps Made in the USA as the old ones I have replaced caps that were over 30 yrs old how is this bad???

Everything you state I fully agree with - except I don't blame China. China is just adapting to world demand, nothing else.

Detroit used to be the capital of the world in car making... while today it is a ghost town - WHY? Because the local businesses believed that they could control what customers wanted... and those businesses produced cars that were unreliable. It could have been VW from Germany OR Fiat from Italy that took advantage of the car companies arrogance, but it happened to be Toyota or 'Toyopet' with their model 'Toyopet Crown'. As opposed to US built cars of the day, the Toyopet would start in the rain / damp and would not let its owner down. The core difference is simple, Toyota had a rubber seal on the distributor cap which didn't let water etc into the contacts. No US car of the time did.

It was arrogance of US car makers that killed it. Apple have the same arrogance, as do Microsoft now, as do Amazon. Compaq, Gateway, Kodak etc. are dead due to the same arrogance while companies like Fujifilm (Kodak's competition in the day) are thriving. If you look at what killed Kodak, a film company, you might assume it is the growth of digital photography... but Fujifilm is still producing film and have diversified into producing thin film flat screens.

The world studies history as a way to avoid making the same mistakes of our past - but some people think that they are too big to die.

Kodak had 85% of world share of the film industry. Fujifilm had 10%. Kodak had 1 hour photo labs in every city and town in the world and was a multi-trillion dollar company.

If you look at companies like Xerox, they are the one who created the PC and had a subdivision called Atari. All they are now is a photocopying / printing company where IBM, Microsoft and others took over the computer world.

Human arrogance is killing companies and the world. King Gillette in his arrogance created the disposable world by creating the disposable razor. Before he existed, no company would make the plastic / disposable diaper for Marion Donavan as they forseen the long term cost of disposable products - but when one or more people do something, others tend to copy as they assume that the original designer / producer has figured out all the processes. We see this in the world financial crash of 2000, bankers etc jumped onto the bandwagon of selling risky investments to third parties - i.e. a polished pyramid scheme. In 1980, a financial analyst, using a version of Excel, predicted a gain in investments over time. After a couple of billion invested, the company eventually manually calculated what the spreadsheet had shown, and worked out the composite error of the original financial analyst - he had used a space instead of 0 in blank cells. As a result, the formulae within excel had calculated increased of 32 (decimal value for space) instead of 0 in the calculations.

More recently, specifically in relation to VW, the actual emisions from diesel fuel were corrected and realized in US. What I ask is why did it take so long to discover this considering VW is not the only car make in the US. Are these tests not ran on Ford / other US makes? Digging further into diesel emissions identify the lie politicians worldwide were telling us.

As I have said many times on this site, before you make up your mind, before you have an opinion on item, do some research and either prove or disprove your points.

2 hours ago, babykeiff said:

Everything you state I fully agree with - except I don't blame China. China is just adapting to world demand, nothing else.

Detroit used to be the capital of the world in car making... while today it is a ghost town - WHY? Because the local businesses believed that they could control what customers wanted... and those businesses produced cars that were unreliable. It could have been VW from Germany OR Fiat from Italy that took advantage of the car companies arrogance, but it happened to be Toyota or 'Toyopet' with their model 'Toyopet Crown'. As opposed to US built cars of the day, the Toyopet would start in the rain / damp and would not let its owner down. The core difference is simple, Toyota had a rubber seal on the distributor cap which didn't let water etc into the contacts. No US car of the time did.

It was arrogance of US car makers that killed it. Apple have the same arrogance, as do Microsoft now, as do Amazon. Compaq, Gateway, Kodak etc. are dead due to the same arrogance while companies like Fujifilm (Kodak's competition in the day) are thriving. If you look at what killed Kodak, a film company, you might assume it is the growth of digital photography... but Fujifilm is still producing film and have diversified into producing thin film flat screens.

The world studies history as a way to avoid making the same mistakes of our past - but some people think that they are too big to die.

Kodak had 85% of world share of the film industry. Fujifilm had 10%. Kodak had 1 hour photo labs in every city and town in the world and was a multi-trillion dollar company.

If you look at companies like Xerox, they are the one who created the PC and had a subdivision called Atari. All they are now is a photocopying / printing company where IBM, Microsoft and others took over the computer world.

Human arrogance is killing companies and the world. King Gillette in his arrogance created the disposable world by creating the disposable razor. Before he existed, no company would make the plastic / disposable diaper for Marion Donavan as they forseen the long term cost of disposable products - but when one or more people do something, others tend to copy as they assume that the original designer / producer has figured out all the processes. We see this in the world financial crash of 2000, bankers etc jumped onto the bandwagon of selling risky investments to third parties - i.e. a polished pyramid scheme. In 1980, a financial analyst, using a version of Excel, predicted a gain in investments over time. After a couple of billion invested, the company eventually manually calculated what the spreadsheet had shown, and worked out the composite error of the original financial analyst - he had used a space instead of 0 in blank cells. As a result, the formulae within excel had calculated increased of 32 (decimal value for space) instead of 0 in the calculations.

More recently, specifically in relation to VW, the actual emisions from diesel fuel were corrected and realized in US. What I ask is why did it take so long to discover this considering VW is not the only car make in the US. Are these tests not ran on Ford / other US makes? Digging further into diesel emissions identify the lie politicians worldwide were telling us.

As I have said many times on this site, before you make up your mind, before you have an opinion on item, do some research and either prove or disprove your points.

I get it that China saw us complaining and they can make  a cheaper product, it will not last but John Q public says ok it's cheaper..... Toyota has been a great manufacture until now they tried to make an affordable car for kids and some of them now are made in China. As long as you buy a Toyota made in Japan or in the USA, they built a few factories here back somewhere before 2010. We had a Toyota made in CA. It held up very well to their name. Since I worked in the oil industry for a long time and the company kept buying trucks made here. One of mine was a chevy and in the 3 yrs before they finally dumped it , that truck costed the company much more than they paid for it ,in the constant repairs, the as a company were getting tired of the trucks breaking Down,  I believe chevy lost it after the 1970's. When the company went to Fords those were really made good, and it made me not sure, if I hadn't already bought the Tundra I was thinking about the Ford, so I do think some US companies are seeing the issue and trying to win us all back. Now Apple did lose some faith in me after Steve died, The people that took over has caused a lot of problems. But it will take a Lot to make me ever us a PC over a MAC .  Anyhow we can go back and forth about all of the crashes bad CEO decisions that the next CEO has to try and save the company's.

China is like any business - where they see an oppertunity, they jump on it. Since the invention of gun-powder, I don't think the Chinese have invented anything since. All they do is copy and mass produce. The core gain in the Chinese mass production line is in the quality check process at the end. As a result, they can very quickly optimise a product much faster than anyone else in the world. Thus, their copy is of better quality and cheap enough to be replaced when it fails.

The world mistake is not adapting local processes to prevent this invasion in the first place and/or when identified, fixing local product to compete. In the short term, consumers will prefer the cheaper Chinese product - that is until it fails and they start looking at MTBF and cost of repair where the parts etc are unavailable (due to the custom design of components required for mass production) as opposed to locally built products where the local company is using standard parts and these are available.

Chinese stuff are always cheap junk that will fail in 3-5 years... but since a lot of world companies are outsourcing to China for parts etc., they have inherited the same MTBF of 3-5 years plus the impossible task of sourcing replacement parts for repair.

Do you remember when the world was flooded with cheap Japeneese / Chinese AM/FM radios etc. This was the makers learning how to improve its audio manufacturing processes. Now, the same companies make good equivilant audio equipment, yet the experts that exist (BOSE, McIntosh, Beringer etc.) before the invasion are so expensive to almost price themselves out of the market AND, these companies are creating the same irrepariable products. From a pure business perspective, that is insane. These companies can't compete on price with a company making thousands of the item per second. They can't compete on sound quality as most people can't hear the real difference in audio stuff. The in-country based companies have already got a full support network and if they were using domestic sourcable components, would already have a full local parts distribution. As a result, their products would be repairable unlike the imported mass produced items.

People get attached to objects and are very reluctant to trash an item unless they do not have a choice. When an object fails, they want it running again (similar to @foreverdl's company with their truck. Although it was more expensive to repair, the vehicle was still repaired and loved until it got past it) If the parts were available, they would get it repaired. @foreverdl said that he left the repair industry as he seen the writing on the wall. One of the reasons that repairs to product got more expensive than replacement (the real source of the invasion), was the increased difficulty to get the parts to effect the repair.

Some companies worldwide block the repair of their product using multiple ways.

Examples:-

• Before BMW bought over the financially failing Rolls Royce, the company, when they sold a car to a customer, only Rolls Royce would have service / repair parts for that car. Also, when the customer wished to sell the car, Rolls Royce would buy it back. As a result, no secondhand Rolls Royces existed AND no part was available for even a service / repair. Although, we may think this as them controlling the repair of the cars, but Rolls Royce would strip the old car and fully recycle every part of it correctly, so in a way, they were responsible makers.
  • Apple do similar with the contracts they sign with their parts manufacturers / assemblers. As a result, very few servicable parts are available for Apple devices. The problem with Apple is that they don't care what happens to yesterdays model as long as the customer buys a ney one today. The fact is that the used model when broken needs the same servicable part as every other broken one - therefore, the broken one ends up in landfill / being burnt. Thus, Apple devices are slowly removing said resources from the planet at huge profit to Apple.

BTW, Apple Mac's only run Apple authorised software on Apple devices - as long as Apple is getting paid, which Apple have been penalised many times over this behaviour... which is dimes compared to the profit Apple is making. 

All I ask is that, instead of trashing that device that doesn't work as well as when you got it, think. See if someone around would like it OR give it to a charity etc - i.e. find a home for it rather than the trash. Remember, if you put it in a recycle place, it is going to end in a fire somewhere, so find another place. If your stuck, put it on ebay or similar even 'free to a good home/when collected'

8 hours ago, babykeiff said:

China is like any business - where they see an oppertunity, they jump on it. Since the invention of gun-powder, I don't think the Chinese have invented anything since. All they do is copy and mass produce. The core gain in the Chinese mass production line is in the quality check process at the end. As a result, they can very quickly optimise a product much faster than anyone else in the world. Thus, their copy is of better quality and cheap enough to be replaced when it fails.

The world mistake is not adapting local processes to prevent this invasion in the first place and/or when identified, fixing local product to compete. In the short term, consumers will prefer the cheaper Chinese product - that is until it fails and they start looking at MTBF and cost of repair where the parts etc are unavailable (due to the custom design of components required for mass production) as opposed to locally built products where the local company is using standard parts and these are available.

Chinese stuff are always cheap junk that will fail in 3-5 years... but since a lot of world companies are outsourcing to China for parts etc., they have inherited the same MTBF of 3-5 years plus the impossible task of sourcing replacement parts for repair.

Do you remember when the world was flooded with cheap Japeneese / Chinese AM/FM radios etc. This was the makers learning how to improve its audio manufacturing processes. Now, the same companies make good equivilant audio equipment, yet the experts that exist (BOSE, McIntosh, Beringer etc.) before the invasion are so expensive to almost price themselves out of the market AND, these companies are creating the same irrepariable products. From a pure business perspective, that is insane. These companies can't compete on price with a company making thousands of the item per second. They can't compete on sound quality as most people can't hear the real difference in audio stuff. The in-country based companies have already got a full support network and if they were using domestic sourcable components, would already have a full local parts distribution. As a result, their products would be repairable unlike the imported mass produced items.

People get attached to objects and are very reluctant to trash an item unless they do not have a choice. When an object fails, they want it running again (similar to @foreverdl's company with their truck. Although it was more expensive to repair, the vehicle was still repaired and loved until it got past it) If the parts were available, they would get it repaired. @foreverdl said that he left the repair industry as he seen the writing on the wall. One of the reasons that repairs to product got more expensive than replacement (the real source of the invasion), was the increased difficulty to get the parts to effect the repair.

Some companies worldwide block the repair of their product using multiple ways.

Examples:-

• Before BMW bought over the financially failing Rolls Royce, the company, when they sold a car to a customer, only Rolls Royce would have service / repair parts for that car. Also, when the customer wished to sell the car, Rolls Royce would buy it back. As a result, no secondhand Rolls Royces existed AND no part was available for even a service / repair. Although, we may think this as them controlling the repair of the cars, but Rolls Royce would strip the old car and fully recycle every part of it correctly, so in a way, they were responsible makers.
  • Apple do similar with the contracts they sign with their parts manufacturers / assemblers. As a result, very few servicable parts are available for Apple devices. The problem with Apple is that they don't care what happens to yesterdays model as long as the customer buys a ney one today. The fact is that the used model when broken needs the same servicable part as every other broken one - therefore, the broken one ends up in landfill / being burnt. Thus, Apple devices are slowly removing said resources from the planet at huge profit to Apple.

BTW, Apple Mac's only run Apple authorised software on Apple devices - as long as Apple is getting paid, which Apple have been penalised many times over this behaviour... which is dimes compared to the profit Apple is making. 

All I ask is that, instead of trashing that device that doesn't work as well as when you got it, think. See if someone around would like it OR give it to a charity etc - i.e. find a home for it rather than the trash. Remember, if you put it in a recycle place, it is going to end in a fire somewhere, so find another place. If your stuck, put it on ebay or similar even 'free to a good home/when collected'

You know I am not going to keep debating this any longer for one I don't like you bad mouthing things I say. I DID Not leave the repair industry for any reason of not being able to get parts the parts supplies were plentiful . The replacement parts were china . But back when Japan made electronic items if you compare those items to the china crap I still have Nice stereos made in Japan over 40 yrs old and all I have done in that time was add a few parts you say are not available? and that Repair? was only a few years ago. If I wanted to keep working in the Repair back then I could have but at a lower income than I was a year before, because like I said in the post a VCR was sold for $25-50. I can't compete and pay my bills on repairs say you are charging $50 an hr to repair an item and now the customer can but a new one for only the labor??? yeah it's junk but they don't care. That's why I left, I can still get all of the parts I would ever need if I want to charge $5 an hr or less , and you do know a company doing a service has to make money or they are gone, as are almost all of the local TV Repair shops on this end of the of the US. Anyhow i Hate the people that trash an item because they don't want it all stuff needs to be recycled not trash like you say. And if I was to slam all PC's the way you are slamming Apple I would be as bad as you. Apple has had problems since Steve died, but they are still way way better than a PC. And if you want an unsafe program or game then go with the manufacturer that will not care what you use on it. Apple will have to test all programs games etc before they are owed to use, and if you want to use the ones not tested on an Apple they have ways, you can do what many people do hack it, but you take the chance of your computer getting hacked and all of your privacy blown. All computers are at risk, but Apple cares still about trying to keep us users safe. And I spent way too many yrs using a PC 10 hrs a day, And the company researched and tried to get quality PC's but they crashed all the time. PC made my job longer than it should have been. And the trucks they repaired was not out of any loyalty to keeping them, It was no matter how much the repair costed the truck had to be kept for a certain mileage 130k. Even if it costed 300 thousand bucks they would have kept it, and thats what the big boss said thats why they are out of business for many choices like that. And I should have never even commented on this thread because I am on here for fun not for this crap. DONE

On 8/17/2023 at 10:55 AM, Dubious said:

Electric cars and advancement in technology gut buried when they found oil. 

Agreed it would have gotten advanced alot faster then it did. But some of the stuff they burry is only because it is not feasiable without another piece of technology that hasn't been made yet. 

I mean honestly if you think about it the old design of the electric car was scaled down and redesigned into the electric wheel chair and RC toy cars 😂

The only thing that makes it feasiable now is the lithium battery becomeing more popular and getting more safety features constantly. 

On 8/19/2023 at 7:28 PM, foreverdl said:

...for one I don't like you bad mouthing things I say. I DID Not leave the repair industry for any reason of not being able to get parts....

On 8/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, babykeiff said:

@foreverdl said that he left the repair industry as he seen the writing on the wall.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:10 PM, foreverdl said:

I left the TV repair field 20 or so yrs ago because I say the hand writing on the wall repair shops were failing, and etc etc.

Where am I bad mouthing you?

On 8/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, babykeiff said:

... One of the reasons that repairs to product got more expensive than replacement (the real source of the invasion), was the increased difficulty to get the parts to effect the repair...

That is MY opinion based on facts from a European perspective, not yours and absolutely nothing to do with anything you spout out!

In relation to Apple, it seems that you have made up your mind despite overwhelming evidence that their products are junk.  

Quote from Wiki:

As of April 2023, Android, an operating system using the Linux kernel, is the world's most-used operating system when judged by web use. It has 42% of the global market, followed by Windows with 28%, iOS with 17%, macOS with 7%, ChromeOS 1.3%, then (desktop) Linux at 1.2% also using the Linux kernel.[1][2] These numbers do not include embedded devices or game consoles.

To simlify this:-

• PC Based
    • Windows 28%, ChromeOS 1.3%, Android / Linux 42%,  Desktop Linux 1.2%
    • (TTL 72.5%)
  • Apple based
    • IOS 17%, MacOS 7%
    • (TTL 24%)

... so I am not the only person that think Apple are junk.

From the history of Apple/Microsoft

Apple / Steve Jobs history is that he was an out of work bum without any prospects when he got hired as a production line worker for Atari (subdivision of Xerox). Atari was too busy to manage staff and product, so Steve Jobs got away with accessing and stealing the OS and computer design that Nolan Bushel and Ted Dabney had roughly created. Xerox had no intention of moving into a computer world, in fact, Xerox shelved all computer design etc. Steve Jobs set up Apple and created the first Mac, yet his business sense was pathetic so he sold it as a very very expensive door stop. This door stop only worked when one paid even more for the software. This left the door open for a competitor - Bill Gates & Microsoft who designed and wrote OS systems to run on IBM PC's. 

An IBM PC with Microsoft (free at the time) software could run rings around the Apple multi-thousand cost devices. Normally in business, this would be enough to see the death of Apple, but years later, in a hidden agreement with Sony Music (Sony Music, due to their greed, wanted to kill Napster and all music sharing sites), Apple created a music player where the music tracks had to be individually purchased and were locked to the specific device. Apple supplied a need similar to Sony in the 70s with the Walkman. Many people found out the hard way after buying an IPod the scam of Apple.

Apples IPhone device came out with lies and deception. It was unable to multi-task - a minimum requirement for a phone device that also handled other software running at the same time. An IPhone user would not be able to take a call if s/he was looking at another app - i.e. clock / calendar etc.

Apple today are still involved in these scams, but again, there are many fools in this world that even with centuries of evidence, still blindly believe the lies being told.

As I keep saying, before you make up your mind, do the research and either prove or disprove the lies. If you don't, you are worse than a fool / idiot. You are a self chosen / created idiot.

As long as we are all pulling various theories out of our asses, let's talk about the shrinking state of ice cream. What the hell has happened to the standard half gallon container of ice cream? This is a much bigger issue in my life and it hurts my butt to no end.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Babygeebee said:

Oh my this needs to stop. Stop behaving like adults and act like big babies. 😂

This brings me onto another point - the lies people believe cause they are portrayed by advertisements. It has got to the stage that if/when an advert / comercial states clearly X, it is a lie and what they are trying to hide. VW proved this by their error - the ad. in question is where the driver, with a female as passenger while driving notices a squeak. As the ad. goes on, the squeak gets annoying to such an extent, he pulls into a garage where the mechanic seems to spend time trying to find the squeak. The mechanic eventually find the squeak as comming from one of the female's ear rings. The ad ends with the catchline of 'best made cars in the world'.

YET

Many motoring programs etc. compared that vehicle with similar in that year and found out, on a realiability line, that vehicle came last every time.

There are many 'catch phrases' that people tend to believe yet forget why a company would state X. One does not chose an item that they percieve won't do the basics, yet these manufacturers / advertisers are attemting to entice customers by telling this person that the item does the basics - the minimum one would expect. i.e.

• a roof that covers/protects and doesn't leak
  • a paint / varnish that protects the item painted
  • a vehicle that gets you (and your loved ones) safely from A to B

... and this list can go on forever just by comparing what an advertiser states to what the product they are selling is supposed to do. It was originally the insurance industry that capitalised on selling the perception and then proving the consumer got done. The software industry also does this in the disclaimer - 'we offer no liability on this software or what we state this is supposed to do'. These lies have been around since time began, and have different names -

• invitation to treat, not a statement of fact
  • political promise
  • misnomers
  • old wifes tales

... and the worst thing about these lies is that they become part of common perception and belief, where self created fools will argue and debate (somewhat intelligently) to such and extent that more people believe without question. To quote, I think from 'The Life of Brian', that is how religions are created. In fact, humans have an issue themselves in appearing too another that they do not know the answer to a question. Ask a physician what causes hiccups, and they will give you all forms of lies to avoid telling you that they do not know. Ask a preist where do we come from OR what is the purpose of human on earth and they will also lie to you. In biology, every biological item on this planet has a purpose and reason for being - yet for humans, no answer exists. Are we the true virus of this planet?

This brings me back to the original topic of the post - comparing temperature / is it hot enough? From one perspective, there is no real answer as we, humans, adapt to every situation (morph to survive similar to a virus). Comparing temperature and surviving that temperature as if it is a challenge conquered / something to be proud of. We also talk about age / height / weight  etc as if it is a choice. When you really look at these 'milestones' so to speak, why do we, humans do that - is it that we are so insecure that we need these - OR, more likely, is that the portrayal of lies we have been told over our lifes, that some of us internally believe, tells us that these 'milestones' we have to be proud of?

From a baby / child perspective, the child has not learnt this so they will state 'trust me' / 'its the truth' etc as a way to lie / decieve the person that they are talking to - i.e. stating the obvious as if it is needed ever, and then giggle / get embarrased afterward - and by that point, I fully agree and support @Babygeebee request to act and behave more infantile.