LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Do I Do?

Guest dodgedart

Guest dodgedart

Ok I need an operation one day or one day and one night stay if recover goes slow.

But should be a go in early in the morn. no food or drink after midnight.Show up Early get into the stuff they make ya wear and get it done on time,go into recovery and when stable and ok go home! So maybe if recovery goes slow stay one night.

I wear days since I wet some days and I wet nightly like clock work!

Thing is This doctor does not know I have a wetting problem.Operation is totaly unrelated so he does not have any idea.

I did wear a diaper to the vistis at his office but don't think him or anyone in his staff relized I was wearing. My being incont. has nothing to do with what he is doing! So I realy don't think it should be disclosed to him or his staff!

So what do I do, when the time comes for the operation?

"Show up at the Hospital" and tell the nurse or check in person "I am incont" when they give me a gown to put on ect. figure they are going to at this point cath me! So I don't pee while in the Operation or recovery?

Or

Tell the nurse or check in person I am incont. and i am wearing a fresh clean diaper and Brought extras so I have a change as needed and hand the extras to them?

I am freaking out :o If I could tie my winnie in a knot and tell them nothing i would :lol: I am more worrried about this than being cut on :mellow:

Tell you doctor. Incontinence is a medical condition, and any doctor who's been in practice for very long has come across it. You want your doctor to be fully prepared for what he/she may have to deal with, especially during surgery.

Besides, if you surprise them by leaking in the middle of surgery, keep in mind that the most handy solutions they'll have access to at that point involve either stitches or clamps. ;)

Guest dodgedart

Tell you doctor. Incontinence is a medical condition, and any doctor who's been in practice for very long has come across it. You want your doctor to be fully prepared for what he/she may have to deal with, especially during surgery.

Yes i understand that but the operatioj has nothing to do with being incont. other than being protected so i don't wet.

I was just wonder who/when I should tell someone? At the hospital/ Nurse when i check in? At registration when I Pre_Register?

I've never had a hospital stay dodgedart....but my guess is they will ask a few questions and make some notes at the time of registration (?)....that might possibly be a good time to mention or even ask when or who you should let know of your condition....you could call over the phone ahead of time and ask the registration desk how to handle it and find out what your choices are....and you can do that anonomously (?) I can imagine your uncomfortableness and wish you luck....

if it makes you feel any better...my Daddy's Nan Nan wore a diaper when in the hospital and it was handled extremely matter of factly....and was a totally accepted and understood thing....most people are kind in situations like that....understanding and descrete.......it's just that people tell the horror stories like with everything else and you never hear the times when a situation was handled well....

You'll be ok...both with your surgery and with wearing the diaper....just keep taking deep breaths and focus on getting through it and healing well......

jennie

btw.........we had an old dodgedart back in the late 80's that i would love to have back.......i think it was a 66 or 67..........lol.........you could visibly see the gas needle start to go down when you tromped on the peddle..............red with a black stripe............i loved that car

Hi Dodgedart, I can fully understand your anxietyabout the situation but one thing is for sure, you will not be the only person in the Hospital wearing a Diaper ! :o

So it is probably best if you are "upfront" with your situation and let them know in advance as this may also save any embarrasing questions on the day when booking in. :blush:

Also your suggestion of taking a few spare Diapers with you sounds like an excellent idea.

Good luck with your operation and I hope it all goes well and go easy on yourself as there are lots of us incontinent people around-especially in hospitals !

I would highly recommend you tell them. If your going under a general, most likely you will

wet if your incon. I have found this to be the fact whenever I have had surgery.

Take your own supplies, see my story in the Incon Forum. It wasnt fun.

I have found that with the nurses knowing your incon, and you have your own supplies, that

they will be very helpful with your condition.

There is a relief in knowing you dont have to hide being incon. If you go in without telling

anyone, you will be worrying about who will find out. Get it out in the open up front. Most

people really dont care and will be helpful if you need it.

Good luck. I alway like to see how long I can stay awake after the drugs start to take effect.

I've had one minor procedure at a hospital, and I've helped with the paperwork when friends and relatives checked in to two other hospitals, and in all three places, there was a check box on the admission form to indicate whether you were incontinent.

They wouldn't put the check box there if nobody ever checked it. It's not a big deal to them. Just check it, answer their questions when they ask, and carry on.

What they all said... Especially the bit about being upfront with the Dr.

So I'm figuring that you don't want them to catheterise you? Totally understand that! The thing to remember is that how you deal with any* medical condition, is ultimately up to you and you alone. The staff at the hospital might say that they recommend that you be catheterised but you can say you'd rather deal with it your way and the staff will have to respect that.

*Well, virtually any...

My last surgery was on my knee. I wore a pair of shorts over a Molicare diaper.

To my dismay they made me remove the shorts. I was wheeled in to the OR in a tee shirt and diaper. It was routine. Nobody said anything.

Ok I need an operation one day or one day and one night stay if recover goes slow.

But should be a go in early in the morn. no food or drink after midnight.Show up Early get into the stuff they make ya wear and get it done on time,go into recovery and when stable and ok go home! So maybe if recovery goes slow stay one night.

I wear days since I wet some days and I wet nightly like clock work!

Thing is This doctor does not know I have a wetting problem.Operation is totaly unrelated so he does not have any idea.

I did wear a diaper to the vistis at his office but don't think him or anyone in his staff relized I was wearing. My being incont. has nothing to do with what he is doing! So I realy don't think it should be disclosed to him or his staff!

So what do I do, when the time comes for the operation?

"Show up at the Hospital" and tell the nurse or check in person "I am incont" when they give me a gown to put on ect. figure they are going to at this point cath me! So I don't pee while in the Operation or recovery?

Or

Tell the nurse or check in person I am incont. and i am wearing a fresh clean diaper and Brought extras so I have a change as needed and hand the extras to them?

I am freaking out :o If I could tie my winnie in a knot and tell them nothing i would :lol: I am more worrried about this than being cut on :mellow:

I was going in for surgery a few years ago and after getting to the hospital, getting on the gurney, having the anestitist come by with the waiver to sign (if something goes wrong), then later the surgeon, then the nurses, you now have to pee! When they finally wheeled me into the hall where I stayed for another 20 minutes I told the nurse I had to pee and ask if I could use the restroom. She told me no but that the first thing they do when the paitent goes under is to put a cathater in them! I never knew! Imagine, having a cute nurse holding your you-know-what and not even being awake to enjoy it! Anyway, I would just tell the nurse that you often have wetting problems at night and are afraid you will have one in the hospital. See what she suggests. She may ask you if you want a pad to lay on. Otherwise you could ask for something "more than just a bedpad" and hope she suggests a diaper.

Guest dodgedart

Let me give ya some back grond on my being freaked out!

Last time I was put in ASAP! I went to a Doctors visit for something and when they looked at me they said you need to be in the hospital now!

At this point the called the hospital made the arangements. We went straight there{building was next store} Once there my wife filled the paper work out while i was next to her! So "Last time" I was not the one who filled out my paper work but was looking while she did it and saw no box to check for incont.

Next thing i know and I was in a room with an IV along with a Hospital Gown! This was a smaller room with no door just a sliding curtin big enough for the bed and a chair. Was on a wing that was for observation! thgis way the staff could just walk down the hall and cheack on everyone. It is done this was since it was for those recovering from or waiting for Surgury as well as observation. I was in Guarded Condition and was to get me stable then operate!

When I showed up I had just the Diaper i was wearing on!Far from home so wife ran out and got the only thing she could find. XL GoodNites with little cars or bikes on them.The insurance would not put me in a real room! I was in to get stable and then get fixed up! Then recover and go home! But was there 3 days and 4 nights! Two days to get stable 1 day to get fixed up/recover and then go home!

So here I am a grown man in nothing but Goodnites and a Gown!With them poking checking me every 25 or so min.Many paitents came and went in the rooms while i was in there. The first one next to me was an older lady and I heard a Nurse Kinda scream out "Are ya wet" and she said yes, then others came and went! So at this point everyone on the wing new she was in diapers.

When the time came for me to get fixed up I had a local and was with pads under me to chatch fluids.

But was wearing a Goodnite that dont hold much.

I did OK till the doc went past the threashold of what the local works and went deeper. This was major paint and when cut with the knife not only telled from pain wet badly. The Large pads got it all and if it didn't I was moved after anway.

Having my vitals and bandages being checked every 20-25 min but the nusre was terrible. Few of them saw the goodnites and would kinda smile and say cute.

So you see my being freaked out now at having to go back in again for something esle.

Well, honestly dodgedart, if all that happened was that some of the nurses smiled and said your goodnights were cute, it doesn't seem like that bad a thing to me. It shows how matter-of-fact nurses are about the subject: they didn't consider it worthy of comment that you were wearing absorbent underwear--many, many patients do that--it was just interesting that you happened to be wearing the cute variety.

This time you can plan ahead and bring better diapers and you'll probably have an easier time of it.

Well, honestly dodgedart, if all that happened was that some of the nurses smiled and said your goodnights were cute, it doesn't seem like that bad a thing to me. It shows how matter-of-fact nurses are about the subject: they didn't consider it worthy of comment that you were wearing absorbent underwear--many, many patients do that--it was just interesting that you happened to be wearing the cute variety.

This time you can plan ahead and bring better diapers and you'll probably have an easier time of it.

Last time I was in the hospital (this was in the US) for a planned operation, it was a colonoscopy....and I drink lots of fluids that help the pain they were trying to diagnose, so I went under, and woke up with the scope still inside me and said: "I have to pee, what do I do?"...and repeated this about three times before a pitcher with about two quarts capacity appeared, that I promptly filled up. My normal capacity is about a pint, MAYBE a quart if I've been sleeping in...

I also recall one night in the ER of the same hospital, an old lady unable to speak with a stroke is next to me, and she's getting agitated....someone on staff figures out what it is, gets a pad under her, and tells her gently to "just let go"...

I'd be inclined to discuss that incident of yours with your present doctor...and maybe think about a different hospital than the one you were in last time...frankly, asking someone if they are wet so all can hear is abusive.

Guest dodgedart

I'd be inclined to discuss that incident of yours with your present doctor...and maybe think about a different hospital than the one you were in last time...frankly, asking someone if they are wet so all can hear is abusive.

Yes that what was making me worried that i would be there with them saying that kind of stuff about me for everyone to hear/laff at me.......

Its a hospital, people don't cross that line of laughing at you while you're at your weakest point. No one is there for fun and amusement except maybe the janitor.

I've been diapered at the hospital before --that was the one time my mom didn't come see me at all. The nurse offered to help me change, much to the bewilderment of a classmate of mine who was on the other side of the curtain for a suicide attempt gone wrong. Its no big deal, except when she offered to get a male nurse to which my reply was, "Umm. . . That would make me really uncomfortable. Are you sure?"

• 2 weeks later...

Iv ben back in diapers now for 19 years now and iv ben to docs ,hospitals.alot and diapers are no big thing to nurses, docs or hospitls.no ones going to think or say nothing to you . most hospitals well cathereris you if its going to be some time in surgery.most hospitls well leave you cathed till you leave if tis more then a day or two. if your leaveing the same day youll be diaperd wen you leave if thats how you came there ,they have diapers there they do it every day.no big deal to anyone in the medical feld.anyone care to talk about any of this im here .

...the first thing they do when the patient goes under is to put a cathater in them! I never knew! Imagine, having a cute nurse holding your you-know-what and not even being awake to enjoy it! ...

Based on a profoundly unpleasant hospital-catheter experience a few years ago (albeit, a non-surgical situation-- just ICU with double pneumonia, and CHF-related complications including the inability to sufficiently pee), it wouldn't have mattered to me if frikkin Jessica Alba had been holding my crank. After 15 minutes of (non-anathesized) battling, the RNs finally gave up and handed me a pee-bottle instead (with lots of diuretics).

Shit-- NEVER AGAIN. My heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with a cath. You are a much stronger person than I am.

Vinyl.