LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Survey/Study about ABDL!

Previously on this post there was a link to a survey on ABDL

Due to concerns being raised regarding the scientific validity of this study and its ethicality, I have decided to stop collecting answers permanently. All previously data will be deleted. I hope to, in the future, present a properly thought out study to the community, and I apologize for any concerns I may have caused.

Thank you for reading and your feedback.

Edited by StudentSmith
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, diaperedboilerman said:

Well, you are only asking for ABDL people to take the survey so that leaves me out. I am not into the AB part of it, I am a DL only and also have bladder issues. When you do a survey wanting to know about those of us who love our diapers, but don't do that baby stuff let me know and I will gladly take your survey! :) 

Sorry to hear you felt left out, that was in no way my intention! The survey asks about Adult Baby activities but also Diaper Lover activities, in hopes of including both groups. Regardless, thank you for your feedback :)

Is this an official study through an accredited university that has been cleared by a proper ethics board or is this just an informal study you are doing? Unless it has proper psychological controls and oversight I will have to pass.

3 minutes ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

Is this an official study through an accredited university that has been cleared by a proper ethics board or is this just an informal study you are doing? Unless it has proper psychological controls and oversight I will have to pass.

Thank you for the question, this is not an official study. I am a mere student, and in no way an authority on this matter. I only wish to practice for my thesis. Proper studies on the topic of the ABDL community will be present in the final document

I understand the need for an anonymity and a dedicated email, but if you are a long time member of this ABDL community then I would like to know your member name.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

You are only 20 years old and and say you yave been a member of "the ABDL community for a long time. You list as "just curious". That is questionable

You say you want to make the ABDL community "know itself better". That community has existed for over 40 years with formal publications, including webgsites. Many of his have been members for decades before you were born. I go back 40 years. DPF started in '81. There has been extensive member literature produced. I think we know ourselves pretty well

For me the various classifications are very different as I explained in the "A Diaper Is a Diaper Is a Diaper...NOT" thread

So I am skeptical about the whole thing. You are not going to get much via a questioner. For one thing, there is the question of experimenter intrusion and making us self-conscious. Read the threads and blogs. That will give you a context for which to write a set of questions, if you even need to. These are posts where we talk to each other

16 minutes ago, diaperedboilerman said:

Alright then. I will maybe take your survey later tonight when I get home from work. Please do not generically include us diaper lovers as part of the AB people. We are totally separate. Thanks for clearing that up that you are looking for all of our inputs. :) 

@diaperedboilerman hey how you been?  Long time no talk.

8 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

You are only 20 years old and and say you yave been a member of "the ABDL community for a long time. You list as "just curious". That is questionable

You say you want to make the ABDL community "know itself better". That community has existed for over 40 years with formal publications, including webgsites. Many of his have been members for decades before you were born. I go back 40 years. DPF started in '81. There has been extensive member literature produced. I think we know ourselves pretty well

For me the various classifications are very different as I explained in the "A Diaper Is a Diaper Is a Diaper...NOT" thread

So I am skeptical about the whole thing. You are not going to get much via a questioner. For one thing, there is the question of experimenter intrusion and making us self-conscious. Read the threads and blogs. That will give you a context for which to write a set of questions, if you even need to. These are posts where we talk to each other

I both understand your suspicion and skepticism, which is warranted. My objective is not to discredit or to contradict the feelings, thoughts and opinions of a community ,which you correctly point out, existed way before i was even born. It would be presumptuos and arrogant to do so, and that is in no way my objective. I understand the phrase "know itself better" can imply that the community does not already know. I simply wish to understand some descriptive statistics (Average age, gender, sexuality, etc.) and characteristics of the community by following the findings of other psychology articles(namely Brian D. Zamboni's studies on the matter). Mine is a simplistic and limited "study", and I am perfectly aware of that and i do not wish to misguide anyone.

On the question of my membership in this community, the account i created for this purpose (StudentSmith) serves only to keep me safe from the exposure that putting out a questionnaire brings. I can assure you i have never gotten so many questions and interactions as i have in the last half hour.

And indeed I am 20 years old, my interest and interaction with abdl and especially tbdl chatrooms, content and groups started early in my life, though it has been only two years since i have become a legal adult and therefore able to interact more intensely.

In short, I understand your caution in regards to this study. I only wanted to explain my reasoning and respond properly.

15 hours ago, StudentSmith said:

Previously on this post there was a link to a survey on ABDL

Due to concerns being raised regarding the scientific validity of this study and its ethicality, I have decided to stop collecting answers permanently. All previously data will be deleted. I hope to, in the future, present a properly thought out study to the community, and I apologize for any concerns I may have caused.

Thank you for reading and your feedback.

When my nephew was working on his Master's in Psychology, he and the other students working with him, spent an entire semester working on the survey questions. This involved much writing, reviewing, rejecting, and rewriting the questions all under the instruction of their instructors.

I've seen a few ABDL surveys, some for fun, some for site owners, and even a few reportedly "scientific." These ranged from silly to bad to downright antagonistic. None would have survived any sort of psychological peer review or even gotten past a submission for use.

There is no shortage of religious zealots, radical right wing nutjobs and ultra right wing conservatives that consider it their mission to discredit and marginalize us. One of the best ways to destroy an organization is from within. Because of this FACT we need to be suspicious.

There are so many holes in your story that it just won't hold water. I simply asked for your DD user name, not the one you created for your survey but your user name as a member here which would be as anonymous as StudentSmith. Instead I got a story about being on TBDL sites and such. So you just joined DD to do this questionnaire. You listed your age as 20 yet you claim to have graduated with a BS in psychology. I graduated high school at 17 which would put me at 21 for my bachelor's degree. Are you telling us you graduated high school even earlier than me?

You might be genuine but you can't furnish one thing to prove your story is on the level. Therefore you can't be trusted. Please understand this is not personal, I don't even know who you are so I won't risk giving any information that could be manipulated to make us look bad.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

There is no shortage of religious zealots, radical right wing nutjobs and ultra right wing conservatives that consider it their mission to discredit and marginalize us. One of the best ways to destroy an organization is from within. Because of this FACT we need to be suspicious.

There are so many holes in your story that it just won't hold water. I simply asked for your DD user name, not the one you created for your survey but your user name as a member here which would be as anonymous as StudentSmith. Instead I got a story about being on TBDL sites and such. So you just joined DD to do this questionnaire. You listed your age as 20 yet you claim to have graduated with a BS in psychology. I graduated high school at 17 which would put me at 21 for my bachelor's degree. Are you telling us you graduated high school even earlier than me?

You might be genuine but you can't furnish one thing to prove your story is on the level. Therefore you can't be trusted. Please understand this is not personal, I don't even know who you are so I won't risk giving any information that could be manipulated to make us look bad.

Hugs,

Freta

@FretaBWet well said.

• 6 months later...