LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

uber fraud

moments ago, i got an odd email, it was from uber saying "welcome to uber" and gave me a code to continue, i tried to find an email address to forward it to, but all i get was a phone number, i call it and they arent in until monday, all i can think to do is to reply back and tell them i didnt sign up for it, i checked the headers, its not someone spoofing it, and it said "admin@uber.com" in the cc line

Edited by feralfreak
corrected the email address
  • Sad 1

That's a damn scam. 

I hate spam. People trying to manipulate others into their marketing. It is so pitiful. Block them and move on. I've worked in marketing analytics and from that experience and all of my good effort, it makes me upset knowing that there are some people, small companies, that rely on deception to make their profit. It is very upsetting to me and disgusting. Its sinful!

Sometimes these scammers use a different alphabet from ours on a computer and use one letter like "a" that appears like ours in the English alphabet and is not genuinely the right end user. Ignore it and see if you get a letter in the mail. I bet you won't. Ignore any calls and tell them to mail you a statement if you talk to them. I bet they will "ask" for your address, because they are so ignorant and don't have anything on you. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, feralfreak said:

moments ago, i got an odd email, it was from uber saying "welcome to uber" and gave me a code to continue, i tried to find an email address to forward it to, but all i get was a phone number, i call it and they arent in until monday, all i can think to do is to reply back and tell them i didnt sign up for it, i checked the headers, its not someone spoofing it, and it said "admin@uber.com" in the cc line

A little trick to find out who in this case is go to uber and try see if you have a account with them. If so then change the password which will reveal who been using your email

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MegaChar said:

A little trick to find out who in this case is go to uber and try see if you have a account with them. If so then change the password which will reveal who been using your email

I agree!  When I get an email, "Your Amazon account has been locked" or, "We added a new person to your Pay-Pa; account", don't click anything in the email.  Delete it and go direct to your Amazon account through their website and sign on.  If you can, your account isn't locked!  You click on a link in an email and you have no idea where it's taking you and what personal information you are leaving yourself open for hackers to get.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, feralfreak said:

i corrected the email address, the reply bounced back, ill have to call that number i found and tell them so they can delete the account on monday

Just leave it alone and mark it as spam and file 13 it. The more you stir it, the moe it stinks. We had a plaque near our phone that showd a fish and a worm on a fishing line and hook. The text read "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept it's mouth shut" Be wise and read the tea leaves. This will go south faster than a Boston-Miami bound 747

Yeah, when you get emails like this best to NOT click any links. Instead check their actual site instead which should be a helps site. Anything else is a spoofed site. I made that mistake once back when I played WoW. What I didn't know at the time is that I had been spoofed. Several months later while I had been taking a break from WoW a friend called me and asked if I had just logged into the game (I hadn't), I was actually playing SWToR. Turns out some Chinese gold farmers had logged in, sold all my gear on all of my characters and began selling gold. My account was banned for 6 months while I tried to get it restored, when I got it restored it was only because I finally found a csr that actually was smart enough to check the ip address they had used and asked me if I was in China. No I was not in fact he checked and noted it had matched my pre-hacked address and restored my account. 

The other Blizzard employees had kept insisting I was the hacker, twits. So yeah, don't  fall for it.