LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Staying night at hotel with co-worker on business

How do I go about this when I'm urinary incontinent and have to wear diapers 24/7? 

I have to wear diapers during the day due to not knowing when I have to go until it's way too late?

I have to wear diapers during the night due to being a bed-wetter and wake to a wet diaper every morning with no recollection of when it happened?

I do place a reusable bed mat down to catch diaper leaks at night.

The used diapers will be seen in the bathroom Garbage can at the hotel.

The unused Diapers will be seen in the bathroom.

The diapers I have to wear are Abena M4's and can be heard under pj's.

The bed mat will be seen being placed on bed before laying down and in the morning when folded up and packed away.

How is the best way of going about this due to company only paying for one room for 2 people per room?

Help needed on how to handle comments or talk about this and how would you be discrete as possible to avoid embarrassment?

• Like 1

I would personal attend to all my needs discreetly as possible but if the person notices just act with confidence like I'm not bothered he knows, I'm dealing with a genuine medical problem and it isn't a big deal. Act with confidence.

• Like 1

The way you described it leaves little options.  Pay for an extra room out of your own pocket by saying you can't sleep in a room with anyone else, especially a strange hotel room because being such a light sleeper, any noise any other person makes will wake you.  Otherwise it looks like you are stuck.  If your company has an HR department you can always (if you haven;t already notified them for your records) let them know of your incontinence and your need for having to wear disposable briefs and having protective pads on the bed.  Tell them you are uncomfortable with having coworkers know about your situation and you would be unable to hide it when sharing a hotel room with someone else.  Otherwise you may just have to bite the bullet and let your coworker know you have these issues.  Not something I would want to tell a coworker.  Again, if your company has an HR department, I would definitely bring your concerns to them.  Not sure what type of company you work for, how big it is or if your boss is the owner, but it may be your boss's personal decision to try and save his department money when HR can over ride his policy.  If that's the case, it may not make you any brownie points with your boss, but if the company is big enough, HR should have your back.  You could always casually bring up to HR the American Disability Act, although they may not see sharing a hotel with a coworker a violation. 

• Like 2

I agree with what Rusty says. You can tell HR and ask for an accommodation or tell the co-worker and hope for discretion or just pay for your own room. If it's that embarrassing to you I would think the money would be well spent. If your finances are so tight that you can't afford to pay for the room then HR might be your best option. It always comes down to analyzing which option will be the least painful. Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

I was fortunate to have dodged this bullet, the last of my “shared hotel room corporate experiences” occurred some months before I went 24/7 but even then I felt, well, violated.

I sleep with a CPAP machine and this fact was not something I cared to share with my co-workers.

Thanks to this tedious and ultimately-unmemorable sales conference, shared it was.  I fielded way too many questions and comments from a particularly insensitive colleague and I resolved that next time such a scenario arose, I would stand my ground and refuse it.

The scenario never arose.

I rose in rank to a level where I got my own room and then COVID hit and the world exploded.

I remain firmly of the opinion that forcing staff to share hotel rooms at mandatory corporate events is unfair and wrong.

• Like 2

What Rusty said. 

Went through this myself recently, and requested a separate room. After explaining it was for private sensitive/medical reasons, they had no problem giving me my own room. It helps that I work at a good company in Europe, so I didn't expect (or need) to fight it...had I not, then I might have had to put my foot down as oznl put it. I've no need for my coworkers to know about my continence problems.

• Like 1