LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daytime wetting without realizing it?

I’m curious how often, if at all you’ve noticed you are wet, but don’t remember peeing.  If so what was the context?   Were you distracted?  Intoxicated? Dribbles? How did/do you feel about it?  Have you ever peed or started to pee without realizing it when you’re not diapered, such as between changes or getting ready in the morning?   Other thoughts on the topic?

I've wet myself before while drunk and not diapered thinking I was padded, but alas.

The rest of the time if I think my diaper is soggier than expected it's usually because I wet and then forget about it, as it's normal for me to wear and wet. I've had some post void dribbles also, but nothing yet reflecting genuine incontinence. TBD.

• Like 1

This has happened to me, but I attribute it primarily to forgetfulness - I don't pay a lot of attention to breathing, for example, and trying to recall having done it recently is a an exercise in futility. Breathing may be a bit of a stretched analogy, because I don't dribble that often, but when I'm on autopilot, I tend to go every 15 minutes to half hour. SO, my getting distracted can go two ways, one of which is annoying, which is, that I concentrate on something - say, work-related - and, I forget to pee, and then in 45 minutes I have an urgency alarm. Or, the other way it sometimes goes is that I'll be concentrating, either on work, or maybe on negotiating downtown traffic or driving on a busy highway, and then I'll realize that it's been a couple of hours and my diaper is wet, but I don't really recall doing it. That said, I don't attribute this to "accidents" - it's just that I'm not marking down the events I allow. 

Also interesting is the occasional sensation, minutes after I've wet deliberately, that there is still movement occurring below decks - that I've relaxed down there and neither pushed nor cinched closed, and I seem to occasionally attain a state of prolonged "openness", but it never lasts very long, and it goes away if I start thinking about it - it's like my autonomic nervous system realizes it's being watched, and closes the gates. But it's cool, and sometimes vaguely disconcerting, to sit there, when it does happen, and feel the sensation of dribbling, without trying. When it happens, I act like I've seen a deer in the woods, and I go all quiet and watchful and try not to make and sudden moves, to see how long I can ride it out. 

5 minutes ago, jonbearab said:

I've had some post void dribbles

THIS is what I think I'm talking about. I didn't know what it was called. Thanks, @jonbearab.

• Like 2

This has happened a few times recently.  It’s usually been after my evening change but before any wetting I can recall.  Typically, I’ve found myself seated in the lounge, watching the TV news, gotten up for some reason and realised by that tell-tale heavy warmth that I’m a little wet already.

It differs a little from situations I’ve chronicled previously where I’ve suddenly realised I’m peeing but could not specifically recall making a decision to do so. 

In these cases, I’ve managed to forget the whole “peeing” experience and just encounter some dampness (or with a disposable, some warm lumpiness at the front) later.

I strongly suspect this is just a product of pants-wetting being completely normalised for me rather than any type of incontinence.  I just “go” because that’s what I do and being distracted by something (eg: the evening news bulletin), my action doesn’t get committed to memory leaving me to “discover” it later.  An important ingredient here is that I was NOT thinking about peeing or not peeing but engrossed in something else.  I suspect the bed wetting I regularly experience lurks similarly in the shadows of my inattention.

ps: There was also the incident a couple of days ago where I peed a bit on the bathroom floor without meaning to.  I'm not sure what THAT meant just yet.

• Like 1
On 6/28/2023 at 1:38 AM, oznl said:

This has happened a few times recently.  It’s usually been after my evening change but before any wetting I can recall.  Typically, I’ve found myself seated in the lounge, watching the TV news, gotten up for some reason and realised by that tell-tale heavy warmth that I’m a little wet already.

It differs a little from situations I’ve chronicled previously where I’ve suddenly realised I’m peeing but could not specifically recall making a decision to do so. 

In these cases, I’ve managed to forget the whole “peeing” experience and just encounter some dampness (or with a disposable, some warm lumpiness at the front) later.

I strongly suspect this is just a product of pants-wetting being completely normalised for me rather than any type of incontinence.  I just “go” because that’s what I do and being distracted by something (eg: the evening news bulletin), my action doesn’t get committed to memory leaving me to “discover” it later.  An important ingredient here is that I was NOT thinking about peeing or not peeing but engrossed in something else.  I suspect the bed wetting I regularly experience lurks similarly in the shadows of my inattention.

ps: There was also the incident a couple of days ago where I peed a bit on the bathroom floor without meaning to.  I'm not sure what THAT meant just yet.

So jelly.