LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Men Can Breastfeed

wildsey

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Okay it is very cool, for surrogate parents gay or otherwise to be able to nurture their adopted child. However, speaking from a hetero-male point of view this is bad, very very bad news. Every woman who doesn't want to put with breastfeeding will have the argument not to breastfeed because they can make their partner do it. I can hear it now, "I carried the kids for nine months honey. You are going to do your part by breastfeeding!" ugggggggggghhhhhhhhh yet another responsibility they can push on us. My above statement is of course complete satire, but it could happen because I've known women who say these types of things. And if they could get out of breastfeeding they would in a heartbeat.

it is actually very good for the baby and the father. It is a good way to lose weight and will keep the baby healthy as well as the father as the risk of heart disease is halved and the metabolism of your body is increased making it even harder to gain the weight after losing it.

as the risk of heart disease is halved

And you have a scientific study of male breastfeeding to back this up?

I don't see anything wrong with male breastfeeding from a AB perspective, aside from the fact that the linked article mentions using perscription drugs or herbs to help lactation. Using meds when it's not necessary always makes me hold back a bit. I'd also wonder if breast cancer rates might go up a bit with prolonged male breastfeeding. Your article claims that breast size might increase, and I wonder if the hormones being produced that increase breast size would also increase breast cancer risk. (yes, men do get breast cancer - it's just normally very rare)

From a perspective of male breastfeeding a real baby, doing a search for "male breastfeeding" turns up very little medical information. Lots of sites claim it can be done, and there are also a couple of reported examples of men breastfeeding babies after the mother died, which shows that it can work. But I can't find any information comparing it to female breastfeeding. One of the few bits of real medical information was a doctor who claims that the composition of male milk may be somewhat different than female milk.

But with as little information as there is out there, I don't think you can make the claim that it is "very good for the baby and father", unless you know something that I don't. (which is quite possible) Female breastfeeding is obviously good for both the baby and mother, but that doesn't mean that male breastfeeding is also.

At the same time, I don't think we should dismiss this as quickly as some people in this thread have. ;)

it is actually very good for the baby and the father.

I am not convinced it is good for the baby. Unessesaraly expsoping a baby to synthesised hormones and everything. Alot of people wouldin't give their kids milk from a cow pumped full of hormone let alone a man.

My understanding is that the milk produced by a male is going to be in lower quantity and will have a lower fat content than a woman's milk. I doubt it would be bad for the baby physiologically, but I woul dhave my doubts about it as a sole source of nutrition.

As for whether it is a good idea or not, I can speak only for myself, but if / when I have children, if I had the opportunity to do this, I definitely would. I won't exactly say I'm jealous of all the crap womens' bodies do to them, but I will say that the ability to grow and feed a child from your body must be amazing, and it has to develop an amazing connection with the child. Beyond that, I would imagine that a father who goes that far to be involved with his infant child would make his wife very happy. It seems a lot of men have to be cajoled into even changing a diaper.

• 1 month later...

ever since the dawn of time men have had the ability to "breastfeed", we did a small topic of this in anatomy and physiology. Culturally i dunno if that has ever happened. But its been done before......

im not saying weather i would recommend that or not....its just what i know. im not puttin in MY two cents on this one ;)

Wow, male breastfeeding. I mean, I knew they had the right equipment for it and stuff...I've read about that before. However, I personally do find it a bit of an odd thing to think of a man breastfeeding. I wouldn't discriminate against a man that wanted to breastfeed, but I don't think I would be passing him on the street saying "oh look he's breastfeeding I remember when Johnny breastfed his son..." Furthermore, I don't know if society is exactly ready to handle such a thing. We have always had this image of a man as playing a certain role...and breastfeeder isn't exactly on the list. That was an action kind of reserved for a woman. I commend the brave men who undertake this for the right reasons of bonding with their child. If I were a man I don't think I'd be quite so brave. But you know, pretty soon their won't be many boundaries between what a man can do and a woman can do...I say some things should be done the old fashioned way. Breastfeeding is one of them. If it doesn't occur naturally in a man without pumping him full of stuff can it be said that it is a very normal thing to be undertaking? not to mention that it might have its medical drawbacks for both child and father. Not enough research on this topic thats for sure.

As far as the topic of female breastfeeding, Babyfay...I do believe there was a topic about that on these boards not too long ago. I think breastfeeding a child and/or partner in an ANR relationship can be very beneficial to both parties. Breastfeeding is more than just the action of suckling on the breasts...it is an intense bonding experience that I don't think could be matched by anything else. Its a simple but intense action I don't know if there are really words to describe it. I think adult nursing relationships (ANR) are quite cool.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

This article would be more of interest for women with transsexual past. There is no more proff of motherhodd than nursing your own child.

A woman with TS past does not mind the side effects of hormonal treatment, eather.

Kvetinka

i've often complained in the past that the general population needs to be more accepting of other people, and i've heard many share that sentiment.

the first thing that popped into my head besides the family guy episode where peter went all feminine and got stewie to breast feed was that this was kind of a test to see how open this community really is.

its pretty hard to accept that guys can actually put their nipples to use like women do but it's not too far of a stretch, there are women who sell their pumped milk but like its been mentioned here before it can get pretty expensive.

i would really like to see some more research go into this before people start raising infants on male milk because a life isn't something to play around with and babies need everything to go right during their development.

if it's absolutely necessary like if the mother dies at birth i can see the benefit of it over raising the child on formula if the dad can't find another woman to donate her milk but there should definitely be another source of nutrition and frequent check ups for the baby.

as far as this as a part of age play im going to just leave it at whatever floats your boat won't sink my ship.

"I'd also wonder if breast cancer rates might go up a bit with prolonged male breastfeeding."

Doubtful. I've read that originally, breast cancer was known only as a disease nuns got. Most other women would have nursed babies at some time in their lives. Its unlikely that putting breast tissue to its intended use (even though men aren't naturally inclined to do so) would cause a rise in cancer rates.

And the hormones they use for lactation are not exactly hormones. Domperidone is a medication which suppresses the dopamine in the body. Originally, it was used for chronic nausea and vomiting, but patients found that it caused them to lactate! It isn't actually a hormone, rather, it encourages the body's own hormones to act according to outside direction.

Anyhoo...it takes a lot of dedication, like bi-hourly nursing sessions, but both men and women ARE able to lactate without assistance. Usually, domperidone is used for simplicity's sake, its hard to keep up regular nursing sessions if nothing is coming out. I am aquainted with several sweet young ladies online who have induced lactation without it, they were desiring the increase in cup-size. (Yes, I am into Breast Enlargement as well as an AB) One has enough milk now that her forum avatar is a self portrait of her squirting a healthy stream of milk out with one hand!