LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pizza delivery

Earlier today I ordered pizza from Dominos. I never got my pizza because when it became time for my pizza to be delivered, I received a phone call to meet the driver at the front of the mobile home park I live in, not at my front door. If I wanted to pick up the pizza, and save the delivery fee, I would have ordered it for pickup. Every other pizza place will deliver to my home, but not Dominos. So I cancelled my order. I wonder how often this happens. 

that is all that kept you from getting it?! there are 2 pizza chains that have better than the big box chains(even better than papa johns), they wont deliver to here, if we were to get their food we would have to order it to go get it, if they called and said "we need you to come to the closest town(which is 4 miles away) to come get it, id have gone to get it, even with delivery.

No, the reason that I cancelled is because I paid to have it delivered to my house. It isn't much farther to the store than to where I would have had to go to pick it up. The delivery fee and tip was a third of what I was paying, and that wouldn't get it to my door? Plus there was no warning. If I had wanted to go out and get food, I would have gone and ate at an actual restaurant, for much less money. So yeah I cancelled and then complained to Dominos Corporate.

Did you ask why the could not deliver it to your door/

3 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

No, the reason that I cancelled is because I paid to have it delivered to my house. It isn't much farther to the store than to where I would have had to go to pick it up. The delivery fee and tip was a third of what I was paying, and that wouldn't get it to my door? Plus there was no warning. If I had wanted to go out and get food, I would have gone and ate at an actual restaurant, for much less money. So yeah I cancelled and then complained to Dominos Corporate.

then you should send a complaint to the company, the driver failed to complete his appointed duty

51 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

They only said that they didn't deliver inside the mobile home park.

They may have considered the front get as the "front door" and the whole park as a single "building". It may also be that "mobile hoime" = 'trailer" and we know the reputation o of trailer parks; as in "trailer park trash" or, from the Cliton era "If you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park, you don't know what you'll get" referring to Paula Jones

They should have made that clear before the transaction

3 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

They only said that they didn't deliver inside the mobile home park.

I know that, but there is a cause for that. Those have a reputation. However, may tetirement communities are mobile home parks, like in Carver, MA

I never have delivery.  I can go and pick it up in person, it won't cost half as much in gas than the delivery fee and tip.  Not putting me out any to be old school and pick it up in person.  Paying a tip and delivery fee on top of the cost of the pizza is just like throwing money away that I could use towards my next pizza.  The sad thing is the way things work these days they would rather toss out a pizza when the order is canceled than go another block to deliver it to your door.  By the way, did they mention over the phone when you ordered it that they won't go to your trailer, only to the park entrance?  Perhaps drivers are worried in a trailer park that they will be robbed if the take it to the trailer itself.  Maybe some trailer parks have reputations with delivery services.

Ironically, I've been to some places that make a sandwich or burger when you order it but will not leave off the pickles for you.  They say that's a special order and they can't do it.  They would rather pay for something I will pull off the sandwich and toss in the trash right in front of their eyes.  What a waste!  Likewise I went to a local Subway and asked for extra pickles and they refused.  Subway is supposed to make your sandwich the way you ask them to, but they showed me a hand written message behind the station on cardboard from the manager stating not to add extra condiments!  Finally I said, "Ok, I want tomatoes, green peppers, olives, hot peppers, onion, lettuce and every condiment they have.  Once they wrapped it and I paid for it, I unwrapped it right in front of the register and removed every condiment except the onions and pickles and tossed them in the trash.  I said, "There!  Tell your manager how much it cost him in condiments I threw away because you wouldn't add a few extra pickles!"  Some people have a brain deficiency.

• Like 2

@ValentinesStuff @rusty pins @feralfreak @Little BabyDoll Christine I am a Pizza Delivery driver.  For a local outfit.  He owns 3 locations.  Well it’s his own brand.  The delivery cost is $3.00 up to 8 miles then if we have to drive further then that goes up.  We the drivers get that $3.00 for gas.  Tips on the other hand.  Well some people are cheap and don’t want to give anything.  I’ve gotten no tips before.  The lowest amount I’ve gotten was .75 cents the most I’ve gotten was $40. The average amount I get is around $5 or $6 some people are nice and tip $8 or more.  

Now I know I’m going to get flack on this but oh well people don’t understand that it’s 15% of what one pays for their food as a tip.  On a $100 order that should be $15 but we are lucky enough to get $5 for it.  And catering orders which are over $400 usually.  They are lucky to get $20 for it.  I don’t do catering orders as my back can’t handle it.

but they seem to forget who is driving their own car to bring them their food.

• Like 2

That is fair Eddie.  You drive, you need the money for gas for your car,  People should get tipped for their work.  You delivering a pizza to someone's house is the same as a waitress bringing it to your table.  You also take the chance of getting mugged or something when delivering to someone's door.  It's happened before, although there is more security when getting an address and phone number. 

My point is, like Burger King or McDonalds if I pick it up at the counter it isn't costing me any fee to have it delivered to my home and no one to have to tip for bringing it to my table.   I'd rather order my pizza over the phone and pick it up than pay fees and tips to have someone bring it to my house.  I've always done that.  Call, place order, get time it will be ready and go pick it up.

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

That is fair Eddie.  You drive, you need the money for gas for your car,  People should get tipped for their work.  You delivering a pizza to someone's house is the same as a waitress bringing it to your table.  You also take the chance of getting mugged or something when delivering to someone's door.  It's happened before, although there is more security when getting an address and phone number. 

My point is, like Burger King or McDonalds if I pick it up at the counter it isn't costing me any fee to have it delivered to my home and no one to have to tip for bringing it to my table.   I'd rather order my pizza over the phone and pick it up than pay fees and tips to have someone bring it to my house.  I've always done that.  Call, place order, get time it will be ready and go pick it up.

@rusty pins a lot of people do not believe as you do.  They believe since it is just delivery then they should not have to tip as much or even if they do tip as I have gotten ripped off on tips many of times.

As for mugging. Well they have something coming if anyone tried to mug me.  As I do not have hardly any money on me.  It is all kept in the car and if I do not trust the area I locked my car door.  Most deliveries are credit card orders so I do not have to worry about the change and all.

So I found out from the park owner. She sent a polite letter to various businesses that deliver in the park; UPS, FedEx, Amazon,  restaurants, etc. to please respect the speed limits within. Dominoes has since refused to deliver within the park, an I guess most residents have stopped ordering from them. Around 150 occupied lots. 

8 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

So I found out from the park owner. She sent a polite letter to various businesses that deliver in the park; UPS, FedEx, Amazon,  restaurants, etc. to please respect the speed limits within. Dominoes has since refused to deliver within the park, an I guess most residents have stopped ordering from them. Around 150 occupied lots. 

because they are asked to respect a speed limit? thats stupid, its a matter of law, just dont speed. do your job, deliver the pizza and get back to the store.