LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Witnessed potty rebellion as a kid

Coonie

When you were a kid, did any of y'all ever see any other kids pee or poop their pants and not seem to mind? Be it friends, siblings, cousins, or strangers. Just curious. I think my brother used to.

• Like 3

This is something that, in retrospect, I wish I had done. I think that when most people are "originally" potty-trained, they don't have the intellect to formulate intent, one way or the other - when they have accidents, they're "legitimate", and if they're holding and then having urgency issues, the drives behind that are subconscious. You're not making plans at that age, not devising plots. Later on, though, I started to become aware that I liked diapers, and, that I had to keep that to myself. I was probably 5 or 6 or maybe even younger than that, when I realized that I had a "thing" for them - I was fascinated by people wearing diapers, and I loved wearing them myself. I was a chronic bedwetter, so I wore diapers to bed for several years after I stopped needing to wear them during the day; this was the 1980's so there were no pull-ups on the market as of yet. 

However, while I used to sometimes stay in my diaper on mornings when I didn't have school, or would sometimes use my diaper while watching TV or busy playing, out of convenience, when I stopped wetting the bed, I did not think to "keep up the charade" and just roll with it and maybe buy myself a couple of additional years with unfettered access to diapers - I didn't realize how good I had it, with my parents buying them for me whenever they ran low. Once I stopped wetting the bed, I wore them for maybe a few weeks, until everyone was sure I was done with them, and then, poof, I burned through the last box, and as I was the only kid in the house who still needed them, once those were gone, no more were bought. 

I was up against two counterforces: first, I barely fit into the largest toddler diapers on the market at the time - the tabs were straining at their edges and my mom was employing scotch and/or medical tape to keep them secure. Second, my parents very much wanted me to outgrow them, I think because they realized that the next step was going to be medical youth diapers that cost an order of magnitude more than a 40 pack of Pampers at the grocery store. 

However, I still wanted them, and I quickly learned how hard it can be to access diapers that will fit, when you're 10 and you make $5 a week and you can't get to stores by yourself (and the internet didn't exist). I squeezed myself into the last couple of cloth diapers I had, and I had a pair of my older sister's plastic pants that I wore until they split, and then I started making diapers for myself out of towels and plastic bags. 

So, if I could go back in time, I would tap my 9-year-old self on the shoulder and say "Just keep wetting the bed, big guy. They'll be disappointed, but they love you, and they'll keep buying you diapers - trust me, they're hard to get if you're a kid and you don't have a conduit for them - you're going to need a driver's license and a job before you can easily get your hands on them again!" 

• Like 2

Me personally, I don't think I ever did. But my bad potty habits, going in my pants and all rubbed off on my classmates because I could see them doing the pee-pee dance a couple of times in class. But I mostly went poo-poo in my pants. So if anything, I was the one that was potty rebelling even though it was on accident. I NEVER thought of it that way before actually.🤔😕😅😂🤭😏

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if it was rebellion but I had bad potty habits and would go in my pants a lot when I couldn't hold it anymore. It didn't bother me unless another kid teased me. I did have friends who had accidents too and one boy I played with would wet himself a lot. Maybe because we played outside so much accidents were not unusual. At least among my friends though I had definitely had more than most.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I still remember having poopy accidents at preschool around the age of 4. It wasn’t very often but I remember them happening. I also vividly remember one of the other boys that was the same age who was still in nappies and his mum used to come to change him and would just do it on the playground out in front of everyone. These memories make me think that even at that age I had an inherent interest in them. 
From primary school onwards, I was never fond of using toilets and used to hold it a lot of the time. At about age 6 I used to wet my pants at school quite often and I know there was another boy that did the same. I also remember my mother said to me one day in the car that if I didn’t stop then maybe I should be wearing nappies. I’m sure it was an idle threat and it freaked me out at the time, but thinking back, I wonder what would have happened if I did continue to have accidents frequently. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Pampertimmy said:

Haha! I didn’t witness it. I pretty much was that kid. I was in diapers until I was over 4 years old and still had “accidents” after that.

Were the accidents on purpose?🤔😏

• Like 1

At night they were accidents (bedwetter). My mom tells me that during the day I just didn’t care if I wet or pooped my pants so she just kept me in diapers until I was ready. Turns out, I was never ready to be out of diapers. Ha!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Pampertimmy said:

At night they were accidents (bedwetter). My mom tells me that during the day I just didn’t care if I wet or pooped my pants so she just kept me in diapers until I was ready. Turns out, I was never ready to be out of diapers. Ha!

Your mom sounds awesome! That sounds like me if I was a little bit more rebellious and refused to use the potty. Which I did, but I just never liked to take my poo-poos in the potty. I always tried to hold them but always ended up going in my pants on accident, so my mom put me back in diapers. But I wish I had been more intentional about it, that way I could have been like you and just never grew out of them. Hahaha!😂♥️🙂

• Like 1