LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Indwelling catheter has given me my life long desire to be urinary incontinent.

5 wonderful years living with an indwelling catheter.  I loved wearing diapers, but I got to the point it didn't satisfy my very strong urge to be fully incontinent. Living with an indwelling catheter means you are incontinent because you have lost all control.  It is a process getting use to it and learning how to change it on your own.  I've never had a UTI.  For some people it is very uncomfortable and I had trouble at first.  Now it feels like part of my body.  Love to hear others who feel the same way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all, welcome to this forum!

Nice to hear that you found this out for yourself.

I had also experimented with catheters early in my journey with diapers, but only several times overnight, but it was to find out what it's like to be constantly leaking urine and therefore dependent on diapers.

I went a different route after that and spent years training myself to have an overactive bladder and am now at the point where I can't leave the house without a diaper because when I'm well hydrated, I have a strong urge to pee every 20-40 minutes.

I can still make it to the toilet, but I want to continue on my way to urge incontinence.

I would be interested to know what you are planning on your further path, or whether you will continue to work with the catheter?

Thanks for the reply.  I don't miss wearing diapers, except for the wetness and a feel good sensation.  I found it more difficult to travel for business having to constantly check if I'm overflowing and carrying a spare with me at all times.  I developed urge incontinence which resulted in having to wear extra absorbent and a liner.  I also practiced sounding to expand my urethrae which made it easier to insert an intermittent catheter. Useful to empty the bladder when traveling.

I've reached my goal without having to seek medical treatment, for now, to become permanently incontinent.  It's weird to comprehend that my mind and body does not feel normal being continent.  As long as I feel truly incontinent I'm happy which is the case with an indwelling.

• Like 1

El Chancho. I am a little confused. You talk of using an "indwelling catheter" for five years then you refer to an "intermittent catheter". Do you remove the indwelling catheter when travelling? 

5 hours ago, Old_PA said:

El Chancho. I am a little confused. You talk of using an "indwelling catheter" for five years then you refer to an "intermittent catheter". Do you remove the indwelling catheter when travelling? 

Prior to the 5 years I used an intermittent catheter and practice sounding.  I travel with the indwelling.  I do use a plug with a valve attached to the catheter when I want to swim or wearing shorts.  You have to very careful to make sure to release urine or you can leak around the catheter.  You can use the plug for up to 2 hours and I make sure not to drink much before.  I sometimes insert a new catheter after I'm finished with the plug.

• Like 1

I started with an indwelling catheter but I hated the way it would get caught occasionally and pull or the balloon inside would cause me spasms. I ended up creating a short stent with retrieval string to bypass my prostate but not hang out and cause discomfort. 

On 5/27/2023 at 8:31 PM, El Chancho said:

5 wonderful years living with an indwelling catheter.  I loved wearing diapers, but I got to the point it didn't satisfy my very strong urge to be fully incontinent. Living with an indwelling catheter means you are incontinent because you have lost all control.  It is a process getting use to it and learning how to change it on your own.  I've never had a UTI.  For some people it is very uncomfortable and I had trouble at first.  Now it feels like part of my body.  Love to hear others who feel the same way.

Does anyone feel that they were wired to be incontinent at a very early age?  As long as I can remember I felt it wasn't a choice.  

1 hour ago, El Chancho said:
On 5/28/2023 at 5:31 AM, El Chancho said:

El Chancho, do you drain your indwelling catheter into a bag?

Just now, Old_PA said:

El Chancho, do you drain your indwelling catheter into a bag?

I have only discovered the joys of incontinence in latter years. For 18 years now I have been experimenting with and enjoying catheters.

I drain into a leg bag.  I experimented draining into a diaper, but because you don't realize and can't control the amount of urine flow accidents happen even using a highly absorbent diaper.  Some will say why don't you use a valve attached to the catheter to control the amount of urine.  It's not the same as being totally incontinent. When I use to use a diaper I still had some control despite trying my best.  It never satisfied my life long desire to become completely  incontinent.  I was very close to having a doctor remove my sphincter, and I found one who would do the operation.  Having an indwelling catheter draining into a bag means you have lost complete control and no different than having surgery.  People with physical irreversible incontinence might opt instead to use diapers, but I experienced too many accidents and wetting the bed.  A benefit of using a bag is there is no urine smell.  It's easier to travel, be more active, not worrying about changing your diaper in a stall, and always having to have a spare.  I often had urges I couldn't control and sometimes I could hold it, but just let it flow and as a result I had to wear 24/7.  I'm new to posting my journey and that is why I tend to write long responses.  I just have a lot to say because there is no forum I've found where people understand.  I feel different than most on this site because I want to be incontinent 24/7 for the rest of my life.  I'm free to live my life the way I want to.  I'm incontinent and loving everyday.  

• Like 1
On 5/31/2023 at 12:24 PM, CountryRandy said:

I started with an indwelling catheter but I hated the way it would get caught occasionally and pull or the balloon inside would cause me spasms. I ended up creating a short stent with retrieval string to bypass my prostate but not hang out and cause discomfort. 

There is a very comfortable double balloon indwelling catheter made by Poiesis.  The design significantly reduces UTI's and the tip doesn't touch the wall of the bladder.  This really reduces the pain and overactive bladder spasms.  The eyelet is located between the balloons.  Very comfortable and I can ride a bike without feeling it.  The occasional pull sometimes causes mild spasms.  Make sure to fill each balloon with 10ml of sterile water.  20230601_165611.thumb.jpg.6310c9c60bd7c8cbcd4e1966381f8a13.jpg