LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The 6000th diaper milestone

I recently read a statistic online that on average babies go through 6000 diapers from newborn through potty training.  Actually I found different numbers ranging from 6000 to 8000 diapers depending on the source.    But let’s take 6000 for simplicity.    

This means if you’ve worn 6000 adult diapers, congrats! You’ve worn more diapers as a “grown up” than as a baby.  

Going through 6000 diapers may seem like a lot, but if you wear full time and go through 4 diapers a day, it only takes 4 years.  Even if you wore casually and averaged 2 diapers a day, it would take a mere 8 years to reach that point. 

So my guess is that for most of us here, we hit the “6000 club” years ago or even decades ago without ever realizing it.  

• Like 2

This is interesting, thanks! I was trying to figure out the math on when I'll have been in diapers longer the second time 'round than the first. I'm 4 years 24/7 as of the end of March, but, while I was out of diapers full-time by around age 3, I wore diapers to bed until I was about 10 and a half, so doing this calculation using time as the measure requires a bit of mental gymnastics... I guess I was getting into a diaper sometime before I went to bed, so let's call that 8 PM most days, and I was getting up and taking my diaper off by about 8 AM most days, so, if we say I was in diapers half the time from age 3 to age 10.5, that's, uh, 7.5 years, divided in half, which is 3.75 years... plus my first 3 years of 24/7 as a baby... ergo, I wore diapers for 6.75 year-equivalents when I was a kid?

Doing that by estimated number of diapers, rather than by time, is interesting... I was using one diaper a night on average once I graduated from wearing them during the day, so if we accept the number 6000 as being realistic for early childhood, and then add 1 per night for 7.5 more years, that's 2737 + 6000, so, 8737 total diapers worn as a kid. I'd throw a few more on there for the times when I wore them in the car on vacations and such, so let's say 8800. 

However, the math on my ongoing 24/7 stint as an adult gets harder, because there are some days where I only use 2 diapers, and some days where I use 4. A lot of days end up as 3 diapers days - one "super-duty" overnight diaper that often takes me from bedtime until noon the next day, then an afternoon diaper that could probably hold more than I give it, but I'll change out of it at around the dinner hour because I'm often out and about and don't want to run the kids around or shop or visit friends while wearing a diaper that's close to expiring, so diaper number 3 comes into the lineup and carries me to bedtime. If I do something sweaty or dirty like cutting the lawn or going to the gym, diaper number 4 might come into the picture, though it would usually be a lower end product only good for a couple of hours. 

Let's say I'm wearing 3 per day on average: 365 X 3 is 1095, X 4.166 (4 years and 2 months) = 4561.77, so let's say 4562 so far, since I've never worn a fraction of a diaper. At that rate, I'll need to have been been 24/7 as an adult for 8.036 years before I eclipse my original term in diapers. 

I'm going to transplant this math over to my 24/7 thread as well, as I actually meant to figure this out at some point. Thanks for spurring the thought process, @Enthusi!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Enthusi said:

I recently read a statistic online that on average babies go through 6000 diapers from newborn through potty training.  Actually I found different numbers ranging from 6000 to 8000 diapers depending on the source.    But let’s take 6000 for simplicity.    

This means if you’ve worn 6000 adult diapers, congrats! You’ve worn more diapers as a “grown up” than as a baby.  

Going through 6000 diapers may seem like a lot, but if you wear full time and go through 4 diapers a day, it only takes 4 years.  Even if you wore casually and averaged 2 diapers a day, it would take a mere 8 years to reach that point. 

So my guess is that for most of us here, we hit the “6000 club” years ago or even decades ago without ever realizing it.  

Wow! that is interesting! thanks! Us babies sure do go through a LOT of diapers!😁😏♥️😊🚼🍼👶😉

• Like 2