LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gettysburg or Hershey

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Not in that area, but not that far away either.

Whatcha planning to see? 

If my vacation week is approved, I plan on stopping first in Fort Wayne Indiana at the Personal Care store if I can get a special appointment.  It would be nice if a few locals would also make it worth their while to open for an hour on a Sunday.  Then to the Auburn Cord Dusenburg and National Car Museums about 20 miles away.  Reason I'm taking that route is I was going to go to the Airforce museum in Dayton Ohio, but since I've been there a few times I plan on going to the Packard museum instead.  I doubt I'd have time to do both.  Then part way to Gettysburg and stop around Caldwell, about 5 hours from Gettysburg for the night.  I expect by that time I will really need a diaper change, even with a TREST diaper.

Gettysburg will be a lot of museums, Jenny Wade house, the battlefields, Gettysburg museum of History, Museum of Haunted Objects, Farnsworth House, maybe a couple ghost tours.  Might go to the train museum in Strasbourg, and in Hershey I'm not yet decided on Hershey Park. I was there when I was about 14 or 15 but I'm now too old to ride roller coasters, except maybe a few mild ones.  What I hear is anyone who pays extra for a fast pass gets to basically jump the line and anyone else has to wait 2 or 3 hours in line for the rides.  At $55 for a ticket I'm not sure if I would get enough out of it for the day, and that is the sale price right now before May 24th.  After that the price is $84.95.

You have any suggestions for interesting things to do in those areas?

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

If my vacation week is approved, I plan on stopping first in Fort Wayne Indiana at the Personal Care store if I can get a special appointment.  It would be nice if a few locals would also make it worth their while to open for an hour on a Sunday.  Then to the Auburn Cord Dusenburg and National Car Museums about 20 miles away.  Reason I'm taking that route is I was going to go to the Airforce museum in Dayton Ohio, but since I've been there a few times I plan on going to the Packard museum instead.  I doubt I'd have time to do both.  Then part way to Gettysburg and stop around Caldwell, about 5 hours from Gettysburg for the night.  I expect by that time I will really need a diaper change, even with a TREST diaper.

Gettysburg will be a lot of museums, Jenny Wade house, the battlefields, Gettysburg museum of History, Museum of Haunted Objects, Farnsworth House, maybe a couple ghost tours.  Might go to the train museum in Strasbourg, and in Hershey I'm not yet decided on Hershey Park. I was there when I was about 14 or 15 but I'm now too old to ride roller coasters, except maybe a few mild ones.  What I hear is anyone who pays extra for a fast pass gets to basically jump the line and anyone else has to wait 2 or 3 hours in line for the rides.  At $55 for a ticket I'm not sure if I would get enough out of it for the day, and that is the sale price right now before May 24th.  After that the price is $84.95.

You have any suggestions for interesting things to do in those areas?

ACD museum is incredible.  Been to that twice, and NATMUS once - I don't think that existed the first time I had visited ('98 I think). I still have a picture of a Deusey I took that first time on my fridge (35mm back then!).  If you're lucky, they might have their Futureliner there (it wasn't when I was there).  But, they've got a ton of vintage trucks, and that alone was worth it.

As far as G'burg ... I've never actually been there so can't recommend anything.  In Hershey, there's the AACA museum just north of the park on PA Rt 39.  I also haven't been in the park in 20+ years.  I was never really into roller coasters.  And I know you're not there to buy chocolate.  You can always take one of the "trolley" tours that go around the town, but they sell out fast.  Might be something to see if you can get a ticket online in advance if you do that.   Most times I hit Hershey, it's for Chocolate World.  I pop in, grab what I want, and get out as fast as I can.   No likey the summer crowds much.  And parking's a real bitch too.   Even just driving through town down main st (Rt422), you'll get to see the Hershey Kiss street lights - they alternate wrapped/unwrapped.   A funny anecdote here.  Years ago during one of my car events, a friend made a comment "even the roads are made of chocolate!"   A lot of roads in central PA are made from stone that has a unique reddish color to it.  So yeah, roads paved with it kinda look brown! 

PA RR museum is also nice. Been there a few times.  And BTW... it's Strasburg... not bourg.  Wrong continent!  😝 A few miles away from that is the TCA (Train Collectors Association) museum - it's mostly tin plate and war era stuff, but still interesting.  And almost next door to that is the famous Red Caboose motel.  Just so you can say you've been there.   Getting there you'll go right by the outlet malls all along Rt 30.  Some can still be a decent bargain, but it's nothing of what it was years ago. 

Posted a pic in this thread about 18 months ago.  It also shows something you can do --- see covered bridges!  Though that ends up being a lot of driving.  There are more covered bridges in PA than anywhere else in the nation, so if you try to see even just the ones in Lancaster county, it's literally a full day of driving.  

In York, you can take a tour of the Harley plant.   I did that a few years ago.  Not a big motorcycle fan, but I still like the machinery aspects. 

I've had USAF museum on my list for a while.  Was going to do it during HotRod Power Tour a few years back, but then had to cancel that because the whole thing was cancelled due to COVID. 

21 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

ACD museum is incredible.  Been to that twice, and NATMUS once - I don't think that existed the first time I had visited ('98 I think). I still have a picture of a Deusey I took that first time on my fridge (35mm back then!).  If you're lucky, they might have their Futureliner there (it wasn't when I was there).  But, they've got a ton of vintage trucks, and that alone was worth it.

As far as G'burg ... I've never actually been there so can't recommend anything.  In Hershey, there's the AACA museum just north of the park on PA Rt 39.  I also haven't been in the park in 20+ years.  I was never really into roller coasters.  And I know you're not there to buy chocolate.  You can always take one of the "trolley" tours that go around the town, but they sell out fast.  Might be something to see if you can get a ticket online in advance if you do that.   Most times I hit Hershey, it's for Chocolate World.  I pop in, grab what I want, and get out as fast as I can.   No likey the summer crowds much.  And parking's a real bitch too.   Even just driving through town down main st (Rt422), you'll get to see the Hershey Kiss street lights - they alternate wrapped/unwrapped.   A funny anecdote here.  Years ago during one of my car events, a friend made a comment "even the roads are made of chocolate!"   A lot of roads in central PA are made from stone that has a unique reddish color to it.  So yeah, roads paved with it kinda look brown! 

PA RR museum is also nice. Been there a few times.  And BTW... it's Strasburg... not bourg.  Wrong continent!  😝 A few miles away from that is the TCA (Train Collectors Association) museum - it's mostly tin plate and war era stuff, but still interesting.  And almost next door to that is the famous Red Caboose motel.  Just so you can say you've been there.   Getting there you'll go right by the outlet malls all along Rt 30.  Some can still be a decent bargain, but it's nothing of what it was years ago. 

Posted a pic in this thread about 18 months ago.  It also shows something you can do --- see covered bridges!  Though that ends up being a lot of driving.  There are more covered bridges in PA than anywhere else in the nation, so if you try to see even just the ones in Lancaster county, it's literally a full day of driving.  

In York, you can take a tour of the Harley plant.   I did that a few years ago.  Not a big motorcycle fan, but I still like the machinery aspects. 

I've had USAF museum on my list for a while.  Was going to do it during HotRod Power Tour a few years back, but then had to cancel that because the whole thing was cancelled due to COVID. 

Never been to the museums in Auburn and always wanted to go.  I didn't even know the Packard museum in Dayton existed, but found it on Tripadvisor so I decided to go there instead of the Airforce Museum that I have been to a few times before.  Since I added the diaper ladies store in Fort Wayne and the museums in Auburn, that cut into my day and overall trip timing.

I did see the AACA museum was listed in Hershey and that was a thought, but I'm already going to 3 car museums.  I spent the better part of the morning at work going through the Hershey Park website and decided there is enough things to do there to make it worth the price.  I may ride a few of the smaller coasters (was a big roller coaster fan for years in my 20's and 30's).  Since the normal price for a one day ticket is $84 and the sale price right now for a senior is $54, I bought the ticket today online.  Tomorrow is the last day of the discount price and the ticket is good until the end of the year.  Then there is the $5.95 service fee and the $20 parking fee!  Normal parking is $25 but there is a discount on line right now.  That is for general parking.  For $35 to $50 (depending on the date), I could get reserved parking by the entrance gate!  They really get you with all the fees and FastPass and all!  I did point out in an email to them that I have a handicap placard and expect they follow the disability laws and regulations by providing handicap spaces by the entrance gate (which I saw on their website that they have).  On the Wednesday I plan on going it's open from 11AM to 7PM and I'll probably be dragging my feet by then as walking is a chore for me.

I've been to the Strasburg RR museum a couple times before, also the TCA Museum once.  I plan on the RR museum for sure and probably the TCA museum if I have time.  There were a few other small places in the area, a Christmas museum but that closed from what I've been told.  The covered bridges are something I thought of and I may head to a few in the area for some photos if time permits.  I'm not heading to York and motorcycles are not my thing.

Gettysburg will have several places to occupy my time and I hope to not only do some of the shops and museums along with the battlefields, but a couple ghost tours.  Farnsworth house cellar tour and maybe another one that doesn't require a lot of walking.  Last walking ghost tour I did 10 years ago I was lagging so far behind that by the time I caught up with the group, they were moving on to the next location and I never did get the story on the different stops we made!  I have a couple months to finalize things but I'm starting to pencel in where and what I plan on doing and on what days.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Vintageluvswearer07 said:

I live in Hershey and it’s ok lol Gettysburg is nice I go there a lot especially doing the

battlefields 

Cool.  I just got my AAA Maps and even though I have GPS, I'm trying to find a route that avoids the Turnpike as much as possible.  I'm coming into the state down south from Dayton on I-70, US 30 seems to be parallel but I'm not sure about the traffic as it's most likely a 2 lane road.  Might be worth it as my brother says, to get an EZ Pass and just pay the toll. 

• 7 months later...