LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I keep my ABLLG material on a separate thumb drive. I was doing some complicated work between several of thise, Guess which one I deleted

Most of my ABLG material is stored at my webkhost but I lost all my logins and ftp addresses relating to ABLG. They are on my old computer's version of Firefox and Filezilla. I will have to save the images in my albums here and if I cannot work around the priblems, re-activate my old computer, which I was going todo anywhay to use it as a media player. But for now, at least 5 years worth of work is inaccessible. I hope I can get at my Yahoo Mail that login should be stored in this version of Firefix

• Sad 4
2 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Have you tried to recover the files?

Yes, I called up the context menu for "undo delete" but that was not around. This was on a memory stick. I did get into my webhosting account, this will enable me to put an ftp link in Filezilla and recover my full website files, That has all the photos I had stored there. Now I am recovering photos from my Albums and Attachments here. My webhositing also has the things I created for little girl activities. The only thing I am out of luck on are the logins. My yahoo mail login should be in FireFox along with my DD login, which shoud only need my password since my username is my screen name but there are companies I dealt with whose logins are totally gone

It is still going to be a beastly amount of work

I've done that, it sucks. Thats why I have my black box drive now, where I keep an extra copy of EVERYTHING and only use it for saving so there's no confusion.

@DailyDi

I also agree! saving documents is important saving pictures is important or saving anything that has to do with electronic indexes or data.   This is especially true when you're dealing with websites and you're dealing with SQL databases and other things that make your websites work. Without those databases, you can have 100 million sites that look the prettiest in the world, that have as much functionality as you can possibly put into it, but without the SQL database or whatever database software you're using, you have no website, even if you have all of the support files that go with it. Learned that particular lesson 1 too many times and I'm not going to do it again!

for example, I just lost my personal router over the last two weeks. Well I could log into BBUS, and I could do work there such as updating files and stuff like that, I couldn't access the website from the outside, and I can't access it from the inside because of the stupid router that the cable company gives you that doesn't allow you to open any ports. Therefore, to that end I have disabled my website and turn my server off until I can replace The router with an exact Duplicate of the one I lost. This one cost about $98 and it is a netgear router, and I know how to use that, so once I get that back online, I will reactivate my server. Doing so before I get an active router on board would make no sense, because the thing would run, but I couldn't access the website and nobody could either because of the way it's set up. It is my hope to be able to get that site up sometime in June.

@Little BabyDoll Christine

Believe me I feel your pain! losing files is one of the most excruciating things that you'll ever have to go through in your life, especially if your computer not like I am. People don't quite understand why we back up so many things the way we back them up, or why things are the way they are. They just say that oh oh, it's just a bunch of files or a bunch of data no big deal, but when you have websites and other online presences that rely on the data or rely on the databases or rely on other applications to run, it can be a disaster!

This is why I back up many times, and I always have files that are dated so I know what date they are and what they are, and I can quickly restore them, but sometimes, even the best backups can fail, or the best drives can go dead, or you can make the mistake you said you did by deleting the wrong drive! that can be a pain, and even undeleting can sometimes be a blessing sometimes can be a pain in the neck! switching computers can also be a pain, because you want to bring your new computer online, but you have to make sure every single file that you have available is available to you, or that the machine that you take offline is still available to be reattached to be able to put files back on. Since your older machine is not available, this is not an option, so I do or understand. The only thing I can suggest is anyone that would laugh at a computer guy because we like to keep our files and we back it up constantly, the one day that they end up having the same problem they would be the one crying, what were the ones telling them that they should back up. I know that you have done your best, and sometimes that happens where you lose files, so I do understand and I do sympathize and empathize with you, because I've lost entire hard drives, and I've felt your pain!

*******HUGS*******

Brian

Because of the sensitive nature of this material, I did not want extra copies where the might be found. I backed up everything else over time so that when the change came, I was pretty ready to go. This was an accident because I was trying to delete another drive and got this one by mistake

• 2 weeks later...