LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When did you first realize you were diaper dependent?

Huh...So I think I can actually count an incident earlier this week as a specific incident that has stuck with me. A sequel of sorts to my earlier statement.

Whenever I've talked about having control issues it has generally been from the perspective of being in diapers; I'd not yet fully tested it out of diapers. Earlier this week, I decided to give that a try while working from home. Just regular non-absorbent undies.

And fortunately I was smart enough to put down a pad under me, because I needed it! Throughout the morning I had overall the same results I'd expected from before, e.g. managing to dash the ten feet to the restroom and rip down my pants fast enough to get it in the potty...

...but then I got stuck in a few meetings back-to-back for one-and-a-half hours.

About halfway through the first meeting, I needed to dash to the bathroom and couldn't, so I had some small leaks that I at first chalked up to habituated releases...you know, the kind where you go automatically but forget you aren't in diapers. No biggie, right?

But just twenty minutes later, everything just...gave way... 😖

It started as a leak, but then grew within seconds into an unstoppable flood that completely soaked my pants and the pad underneath me. And because the same folks were in the second meeting, there was no break (nor honestly time for me to cleanup) and I had to stand in it for the rest of the next meeting. It was only thirty minutes but it reaaaaalllly suuuuucked. Thankfully I was barefoot but still...yuuuck.

Like...Maybe it goes without saying, but I really really did not want to leak that badly in the middle of a meeting and then shiver in my puddle through the rest of the first and the entirety of the second. I l still had an inkling of doubt in my head that it was all my imagination, but I did the best I could and in the end could only feel grateful I was visible from the chest up and the pad had spared me from ruining my floors. 

This has just been sitting in my head all week, and made me realize that I really really can't make it through the average workday without diapers. I'd say that maybe I could make it until the end of a meeting and then dash off but... I could not make it to an hour before having a sizeable accident...so even that is off the table at this point. 

Whether I'm medically officially incontinent remains to be confirmed...but diaper dependent? Without any doubt.

• Like 2

For me, it wasn't the involuntary loss of urine that made me think that I am dependent on diapers; it was the inability to pee into the toilet. I am at 9 months now. Up until about 6 months, I would occasionally pee into the toilet if I had been retaining urine and was having trouble getting it to come out. I also did it a couple times to save drama of a public diaper change. There was a period where it had been a few weeks since last using the toilet went by. I gave it a try and failed. I struggled to initiate my pee. When it did come out, it was strong for a few seconds, than some dribbles on the floor. When I thought I was finished I grabbed some toilet paper to catch the postvoid dribble, until I could get my diaper back up and at this point I realized I wasn't actually done going. I ended up soaking the toilet paper, my shirt and the floor. This happened a few times before I figured out that toilets are not practical in any sense for me.

• Like 1

When I couldn’t put them on or take them off independently, I always need an able bodied adult in charge of my safety ,food, water, meds ,diapers,catheters , retraints.

having no control over bladder bowel or diaper other than filling them, I’ll take it 

• 2 weeks later...

For me there was a day that I remember. It was a saturday and i was at home and on that evening I greed to go to a garden party with some friends. Just after lunch I started to need to pee about every 15 minutes. later it became every 5. So I choese to put on a diaper. I hoped that It would get better later, so that I did not have to go in a diaper to that party. 

But it did not. So even if I realy did not wonted at that moment, I had to put on a new diaper to go out that evening.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m starting to think I’m getting diaper dependent especially when I’m at work cause it seems like I’m constantly having to run to the bathroom at work. I’ve been contemplating about wearing more often at work for that reason.

• Like 1

I trained myself back to bed wetting in the early 2000s.  I always assumed I could reverse it.

When I got engaged and married in 2006 made an attempt to get dry again, but it was kind of half-hearted... I felt I should try, but I think that I didn't really want it, so I gave up.  I assumed I could be dry if I really wanted it.

When my daughter was getting out of diapers in about 2013 or so, I tried again, and this time I really did want it.  Being the only one in diapers, especially now that I was wearing cloth, was a pretty serious lifestyle issue.  I tried everything I could think of, for more than a year, while my daughter got out of diapers in a matter of weeks.

At some point, my wife had had enough my attempts resulting in wet beds, couches, and car seats, and insisted that I was to be diapered whenever I might fall asleep... And that was pretty much when I realized I wasn't going to be getting out of night/sleep diapers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I started wearing first pullups then diapers in 2019. It was first at night only due to my urge incontinence. Then became weekend days then included Fridays.. eventually I went 24/7 for several months until COVID 2021 and a rash stopped me. I started back again a few months later 24/7 and wore for another several months (7-8), but then another rash again during summer made me only wear at night.. Back to 24/7 again  and I guess I got burnt out because in March this year I started trying to wean myself off and just do night use, then eventually stopped all together around May. However my break was short lived when I started wetting the bed during sleep a couple of times, and having damp underwear and several accidents during the day,so I got put back in diapers real quick. I went directly back to 24/7 and it's like my muscle memory of not having to hold at all came back very quickly, so much so that I'm afraid to go without a diaper. I'm fine  with all that .. just taking great care to not get another rash while wearing in this heat wave. This time it's permanent. 

• Like 3