LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How much absorbency is overkill?

clt_abdl

Is there such thing as too much absorbency?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What level of absorbency do you think is the right amount without being overkill?

2. 2. Would you ever be deterred from purchasing a diaper because it is too absorbent?

• No, I only wear the thickest diapers
    • No, but I would also buy thinner diapers for more practical use
    • Yes, I don’t always want a super thick diaper
    • Yes, I dont like sitting in a partially used diaper for too long
    • Yes, the cost of ultra high absorbency diapers is not worth it for me

I wore this terries diaper to my friends house and i thinking of adding to it this weekend when i get babysat by them to give my daddy a evening off

even though this was dry it was fun to walk in 

IMG_5459.thumb.jpeg.7ac4a6f428ee98e8dc95644e4b5df754.jpeg

IMG_5477.thumb.jpeg.cb8bd9a0ff53ad62b12cfe608fddf7cd.jpeg

that was the closest I could get my legs 

I don't think that a diaper could be too absorbent.  I absolutely love having a super thick diaper on between my legs.  One that'll last all day and make me waddle as I walk.

My only complaint is that the capacity ratings are not realistic.  The capacity rating should be based on what the diaper will actually absorb in real life use.

Honestly I find it is somewhat siduationaly effected. At night, when I go to bed, I tend to favor as absorbant as posable, as I might wet 6 times or more overnight. During the day, I actualy favor something lighter, I don't want to have to wear 20 plus pounds of wet diaper when I am being busy, and doing all sorts of crap.

In a way I guess, I like the thicker heavyer diapers when I want to be comfortable and relaxed, to settle in and not do a whole lot of diferent things. During the day, I want to be diapered, but, I need a diaper thats more apropriate for someone that is being active and physical.  Try sliding under a car when you got a mostly full mega diaper on. On the other hand, they are really comforting when I go to bed.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2023 at 12:32 AM, Cmp said:

I wore this terries diaper to my friends house and i thinking of adding to it this weekend when i get babysat by them to give my daddy a evening off

even though this was dry it was fun to walk in 

IMG_5459.thumb.jpeg.7ac4a6f428ee98e8dc95644e4b5df754.jpeg

IMG_5477.thumb.jpeg.cb8bd9a0ff53ad62b12cfe608fddf7cd.jpeg

that was the closest I could get my legs 

That type of diaper (cloth) is similar in proportion to what a baby / toddler would wear if they were wearing cloth. The thickness / absorbancy of these diapers on a baby are not for long term wear but more of convenience and avoiding leaks. A baby / toddler wets / messes their diaper almost by reflex and in cloth diapers, they would leak unless they are thick enough. Babies mobility are not usually a concern to the person diapering the baby.  As a result, multi-layer cloth diapers are used to avoid leaks etc., but diapers are still changed as soon as they are wet / soiled usually unless the baby is asleep.

Yow wearing diapers that thick and bulky probably remind you of the time you were a baby and also diapered similaraly.

Seems absorbency is a big point these days with some diaper companies.  I recently bought a package of TREST diapers with a supposed 9500ML capacity.  The idea was I could wear it for 12 hours on my vacation trip next month without having to change before getting to my hotel.

Here are the issues I had.  When I tested one, I made it to the 9 hour mark but the diaper was leaking at that point.  It was also so heavy and sagging even with plastic pants and a onesie to help I couldn't walk around or do anything without it sliding down below my hips.  I'm pretty sure that it was at about 1/2 of the rated capacity because practicality is in real life a diaper worn by someone won't ever live up to it's rated capacity.   They do diaper testing but it's a static test - not a real test with an actual wearer.  Sure, if you get every part of the diaper wet in static testing it may hold 9500ML, but if a person was wearing it, the moment he would walk or sit or anything the diaper would fail long before that 9500ML mark.

Also take into consideration that most premium diapers have their absorbency in the crotch and front, not so much in the back.  Maybe if a good diaper would absorb as much in the back as they do in the front and crotch, it would work well for sleeping.  What I learned from wearing that TREST diaper is, no matter how much absorbency a diaper claims to have, it's no good if the diaper is so heavy and wet it sags terribly and you can't do anything or even walk around without it being uncomfortable and wanting to slide down.  Diapers really aren't supposed to be worn for 12+ hours without being changed unless you may be sleeping or not doing anything.  When going about a normal day, I discovered I'd prefer a good premium diaper like Betterdry or Abena L4 that holds up for a good 6 to 7 hours and then change it instead of a super absorbent more expensive diaper that may last longer but is not practical with all the heaviness, bulk and bad sagging. 

8 hours ago, babykeiff said:

That type of diaper (cloth) is similar in proportion to what a baby / toddler would wear if they were wearing cloth. The thickness / absorbancy of these diapers on a baby are not for long term wear but more of convenience and avoiding leaks. A baby / toddler wets / messes their diaper almost by reflex and in cloth diapers, they would leak unless they are thick enough. Babies mobility are not usually a concern to the person diapering the baby.  As a result, multi-layer cloth diapers are used to avoid leaks etc., but diapers are still changed as soon as they are wet / soiled usually unless the baby is asleep.

Yow wearing diapers that thick and bulky probably remind you of the time you were a baby and also diapered similaraly.

Very much so thay really do remind me of the time I was diapered by my mummy at night . 
as for mobility you are correct that I do and did find it easier to crawl around 

18 hours ago, Cmp said:

Very much so thay really do remind me of the time I was diapered by my mummy at night . 
as for mobility you are correct that I do and did find it easier to crawl around 

It is surpring to realize that babies that wore cloth diapers learnt to walk earlier than babies that wore disposable diapers. This is due to cloth diaper wearers having to either crawl on hands and feet to move and could not bum around similar to babies who wear disposables. As a result, cloth diaper wearers due to crawling, get more focused excercise and tend to strengthen their legs earlier that their disposable diaper wearers counterparts.

My "sweet spot" is 3500 to 4500 ml capacity because I get through the night wet but not leaking 95% of the time, and I can wear and wet during the day with discretion and confidence...and of course enjoyment!