LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Modifying a crib

Hey!! First post in a while. I was given permission to buy stuff for my when I stay at my daddy's house. He has a spare bedroom and I wanna buy a crib. 

I am wondering which baby crib is good to buy that has a bit of room. Also, how can I modify it to hold my weight? I'm atleast 350lbs. Would pressboard work??

Thanks, and sorry If this had been answered before.

1 hour ago, LittleMystery said:

Hey!! First post in a while. I was given permission to buy stuff for my when I stay at my daddy's house. He has a spare bedroom and I wanna buy a crib. 

I am wondering which baby crib is good to buy that has a bit of room. Also, how can I modify it to hold my weight? I'm atleast 350lbs. Would pressboard work??

@LittleMystery

if you're dealing with an adult baby crib, you may have to build it, because you're dealing with things such as the fact that you are an adult, you weigh 350 pounds, and you would probably want a crib that could hold your weight and be roomy enough for you to be able to relax and enjoy it.

I think your best bet would be to try to build, or have built an adult baby crib, complete with whatever you want in it. for some reason and it escapes me, I had already responded to someone else on daily diapers the other day regarding building a crib. They make a bunch of these types of special beds and cribs for the disabled, So you may be able to find something that is what want, The problem is is that anything that is made for somebody that is special needs, if you, if you use the word special needs or disabled anywhere in the description, it automatically adds thousands of dollars to the price, Can be a something that is cost prohibitive.

I would recommend that you try to find someone who would be willing to build you a crib based on your specific your specifications as far as the type of wood the size and everything else. maybe your daddy will be able to help you build such a device, or maybe be able to hire someone that could build one. Being that we're dealing with adults here, I would not think to anything press board would be appropriate, you need to have a crib that can hold your weight and be something that you can use. If it's built right, it probably won't fall apart and it will last. I would make sure that whoever your building with knows how to do it, and they use good product good hardware and everything else, because if you're going to pay good money, you don't want to thing falling apart or not being done right, and you want it to be safe and be able to be used.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1

I built this crib for myself and sure it will support 400lbs PLUS It cost around 500 Dollards in material include steel hardware and I can move it easily, I only have 2 screw to mount the bed It is going under a normal bed if unmount It use a standard one person mattress

20160128_134820.jpg

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...
On 4/7/2023 at 5:20 PM, LittleMystery said:

Baby cribs probally none as they don't hold much weight. However depending on if it matters about quality and not money there are a few options. Like a youth hospital crib that could probally fit me and defiantly could handle my weight as I don't weigh 600lbs .. also they make a crib top as well for kids that try to imb out of bed they end up met  by more crib bars. 

But there is also keizerbetten beds that are painted with the bars being red yellow blue and green but if you go with that one if you plan on trying to get out on your own don't get the plexiglass sheilding as there will be 0 chance that you can even touch the latches let alone unlock them. 

Also there is a abdl company that makes a huge walled crib that some medical companies sell. 

On a side note most safety beds are based off cribs anyways but some are impossible for the occupant to get out of on their own.

There is the safe sleep bed that instead of useing bars they put plexiglass windows in the drop side and once it is closed there is no way to reach the latches. .

Side note the last 3 are safety beds and the hospital crib is difficult to get out of but I don't thik it would be imposssible 🤓

Depends on what you want it based on as cribs are originally designed for safety. 

With someone a adult size tthe terms used are special needs safety bed. 

Guarenteed they aren't cheap but scence it is for special needs health insurance helps pay for them if you can prove a need. 

There is already a ABDL on youtube that has a safety bed as a crib 🤓..

Without insurance they can be almost the same cost as a down payment of a house. 😅

There is a second option though that uses a ikea bed frame and  safety mesh that once it gets zipped up and the zipper pull secured It is supposed to be impossible to get out of. 

• Like 1
On 4/7/2023 at 4:20 PM, LittleMystery said:

A baby crib is no where near large enough for an adult. Plus you have to figure out a way to get in and out.

I would suggest buying a bedframe, mattress, and box spring. The build or have built a crib fram around it.

Surprisingly if you are just laying or sleeping, you don't need huge tall side rails for it to feel right. If you plan on sitting up. Playing, or standing, you will want higher bars.

6 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

A baby crib is no where near large enough for an adult. Plus you have to figure out a way to get in and out.

I would suggest buying a bedframe, mattress, and box spring. The build or have built a crib fram around it.

Surprisingly if you are just laying or sleeping, you don't need huge tall side rails for it to feel right. If you plan on sitting up. Playing, or standing, you will want higher bars.

True for some reason the ER every time I end up there has me on the pediatric procedures and raise the beds rails which are not that tall but guarenteed to be a bitch to climb over as doing so makes you almost 5½-6ft from the floor 😅

However they said it was to be in their daddy's house so the question is if they are going off the dynamic of them not having permission to get out on their own anyways🤪. If that is the case almost every safety bed would work and the one that looks the most childish is the kesierbetten with the plexiglass sheild as it wouldn't matter either way as they would not be allowed to let themself out so why would they need to be able to attempt to be able to reach the latches which they still might not be able to reach even without the sheilding 😜

Honestly though it might be less expensive just to order the materials they want it made in ie. Steel,wood, plastic and then design what they want and get the tools based on materials and design plans. 

For steel it can be weilded or held together with lock bolts , for wood it can have hidden screws and use toungue groove style and for plastic depending on the type used it can be formed to bend with a heat gun or cut and electro weilded  or reinenforced with steel washers and bolts and bolted together. 

Plastic though isn't really a strong option, wood is medium ranges for long lasting but easier to work with and steel is the strongest and longest lasting (probally why most hospital cribs are made of steel).

However there is the ability to hybrid materials if makeing it yourself and useing steel crib bars with wooden frame makes it extremely easy to work with. Even the ability to use plastic coated steel hardware cloth inside a wooden frame which is what they did to make the wooden baby gates in stores but the used livestock fenceing instead of hardware cloth 🤓

If frabricateing yourself use the term structual pipe as it tends to be less expensive then plumbing pipes for steel 😉

If you decide to weild and make panels be shure to do so safely 🤓

I would talk about safety of power tools but honestly I don't think it is needed simply because useing a circular saw scares the shit out of me every time I use one 😅. I am autistic with sensory issues after all so it kind of screws with sensory overload and knowing it can cause finger to fly across the the yard doesn't help in the least bit 😂

But that's just me and even a useing a blender causes a sensory issue and gets me nervous😅 I mean it took me to the point of hypothermia before I actually was able to build up enough courage to lite up a propane space heater a few years ago 😅. Not kidding it was 21⁰F inside before I lit the propane space heater 😂

How about crib-sided bed side rails and a head and foot board/ or in my case, I only need  one since my bed is set against shelves that hold my diapers and things  that are set against the wall, I have a headboard and foot board, which hold things. Now, it would be a good idea to have a side rail that can drop like a dropside crib. If you use rails that are not has high as crib rails then you would have something like a toddler bed. I would do will with a side rail that is about 65" long and 16" high

7 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

How about crib-sided bed side rails and a head and foot board/ or in my case, I only need  one since my bed is set against shelves that hold my diapers and things  that are set against the wall, I have a headboard and foot board, which hold things. Now, it would be a good idea to have a side rail that can drop like a dropside crib. If you use rails that are not has high as crib rails then you would have something like a toddler bed. I would do will with a side rail that is about 65" long and 16" high

Me envisioning it has me wondering how far your bed frame is off the floor 🤔

I tried something like that before but with my bed it was not that far off the floor so before I even set it up abandoned the idea as even dropped down had lip over the side and tripping out of bed isn't that much fun so I just  pushed the dresser up against 1 side and the wall was on the other side. 

Made it so I had to climb over my dresser to get into bed 😂.

1 hour ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

Me envisioning it has me wondering how far your bed frame is off the floor 🤔

I tried something like that before but with my bed it was not that far off the floor so before I even set it up abandoned the idea as even dropped down had lip over the side and tripping out of bed isn't that much fun so I just  pushed the dresser up against 1 side and the wall was on the other side. 

Made it so I had to climb over my dresser to get into bed 😂.

A twin bed, over a foot, maybe 12", off the floor so that I can store things under it. a bunkie bar instead of a box spring so that the sleeping area is not stupidly high. The mattress is a foam one not to thick, about 2", almost like a futon, from one of those rool-away beds

For those interested in an adult sized crib, all it needs is a little bit of wood-work and a standard bed - either single or double... or whatever size you prefer. The key part of the bed is it must have a wooden base - and a lot of single beds come with a wooden base similar to Sandy-Simple-Wood-Bed-Frame-1.png

On that, you purchase premade balustrades colonial-balustrade-450x600.jpg

These balaustrades are cut to lenght and width of the bed and screwed to the wooden frame of the bed. Remember to, on either one side or the end (your choice) leave a space where you can get in and out. If you are adventurous, you can fix locks and hinges. 

It is also possible to get a metal frame bed and metal premade balaustrades if you can handle cutting and drilling metal where you could bolt the baluaustrades to the bed frame.

1 hour ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

A twin bed, over a foot, maybe 12", off the floor so that I can store things under it. a bunkie bar instead of a box spring so that the sleeping area is not stupidly high. The mattress is a foam one not to thick, about 2", almost like a futon, from one of those rool-away beds

Yea I'm clumsy so I would definantly still trip on the rail as I got out 😂

I mean I chose mesh netting instead because I had bedrails on my bed but kept waking up with my legs pretseled inside them 😅

I actually tried multiple things seeing as I'm not a restfull sleeper 😅 I fall out of bed alot and have kicked holes in my wall while sleeping before 😬

Quite literally my dad set up the camper out back when I visit as my sleeping area seeing as he was worried I would put my foot right threw the living room window while sleeping a couple years ago 😅

I bought this from Amazon:  I have two because the bed is in a corner.   It's head level when I sit on the bed.  It's also pretty easy to dismantle.  The post could stay, because they are meant to screwed into the frame.

image.png.4533445944f11c0d882d75c97bfc7741.png

On 8/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, spark said:

I bought this from Amazon:  I have two because the bed is in a corner.   It's head level when I sit on the bed.  It's also pretty easy to dismantle.  The post could stay, because they are meant to screwed into the frame.

image.png.4533445944f11c0d882d75c97bfc7741.png

I looked at those along time ago. I decided against them though because I'm beyond a restless sleeper. 

I mean I have put my head threw the side of a wooden dresser in my sleep 😅.

My bed has a 1½ inch foam matress from a camper next to it in front of the wall and completely enclosed with nylon mesh that is strong enough to support my full body weight. Not saying the flimsy bars for the canopy bed frame was strong enough as they bent all to hell but I still remained safely in bed 😇

The netting is currently off my bed though as I had to wash it and haven't put it back up yet 😇

I got to do that later today as it been about 3 or 4 of not that great of sleep as I been avoiding sleep😅