LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

request: make a subsection in story time for all the diaper dimension stories

request: make a subsection in story time for all the diaper dimension stories

There are many dozens of diaper dimension stories and they grow all the time, having them all located in their own section would help those who like them to seek them out more easily and help those who dislike them to avoid them.

Didn't know where else to post this request. Hope this subforum fits.

Ooh just thought of another detail, the original first story that started the whole dimension could be pinned to the top to make it easier for new readers to get started on that dimension

• Like 3

Yeah, I like that idea too. I've never read the diaper dimension stories, but having them all in one place would definitely help me out. I hope this happens.???♥️???

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Wonder if there's any reason not to do this.

I get not wanting to make a new subsection everytime there's a new spin on a 'dimension' but it seems like there should be some threshold where it can be justified. There seems to be over a hundred of these 'diaper dimension' stories so far and growing and that certainly seems like enough of a threshold to justify it.

2 hours ago, diapersalways said:

Wonder if there's any reason not to do this.

I get not wanting to make a new subsection everytime there's a new spin on a 'dimension' but it seems like there should be some threshold where it can be justified. There seems to be over a hundred of these 'diaper dimension' stories so far and growing and that certainly seems like enough of a threshold to justify it.

@diapersalways

The only thing that I could think of that would be a reason not to do it, Is that you would end up having to make a new section, which means that you would have to create a whole new form, and then once you do that you have to physically go in to the story forum as it is, and then find all of the dimension stories that you're talking about, and then physically move them to the new forum. There's always something that you can think of that could go wrong during the transfer, but I would assume that it wouldn't be that bad. Thing that all of the stories could be moved, you would have to spend time physically moving them, which means that an administrator would have to be making the form, and then physically Doing the work that was done when one of our former admins went through every single story on the story forum after there was corruption in some of the stories because of some sort of corruption of data. That person would have to be assigned to go through the entire story forum and find all of the dimension stories and then physically move them to the new forum. Additionally, the admin assigned would have to put the proper permissions onto the forum, to make sure that we could post there and do whatever it is that we're allowed to do within the forum.

You would also have to realize that for every request of a new section being made, this would have to happen. If we end up asking for new sections every time we want to add a section or a sub forum, you have to create it and then move the data to the proper new forum, which takes time and energy, and sometimes depending on the type of story that we're talking about, could take hours, could take days, it depends on how much data we have to move.

In the end this would be a decision of @DailyDi as he would be the one that would have to determine whether it would be something that would be a good idea, since he would be most likely the one that would be doing exactly what people are asking, or someone may be assigned to do it, but in the end it's Mikey that has to make the end decision on whether he thinks it's a good idea. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, but it does take work to be able to do it, and if for some reason we created a new forum and there were 10,000 stories to move to it, that could take time and a lot of effort, whereas if there were about 50, it could take a matter of seconds, it's All a matter of degree and it's all a matter of time.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 6:49 AM, ~Brian~ said:

@diapersalways

...The only thing that I could think of that would be a reason not to do it, Is that you would end up having to make a new section, which means that you would have to create a whole new form, and then once you do that you have to physically go in to the story forum as it is, and then find all of the dimension stories that you're talking about, and then physically move them to the new forum...

I gladly volunteer my time to do this all myself,

I have been the sole administrator of a forum before on a different website, I only had a few hundred users but I was very organized and had no issue moving threads around as needed.