LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you think it’s possible to create a mental block between full bladder sensation and the need to pee?

Wouldn’t it be great if you could become so aloof, that you don’t make the connection between bladder fullness and “I need to pee”?   My guess is it’s not possible to achieve that level aloofness. For starters, we are conditioned from a very young age that bladder pressure means you gotta pee. Second, simple cause and effect would tell you that the more pressure you feel the more urgent you need to pee, and when you pee the pressure goes away.  

Then again, if you could somehow train yourself to not trust the sensation of bladder fullness, that might work. Or maybe trick your body into thinking that you’re peeing when you are not, or even that you always have bladder pressure, that might work. But that would be an extremely difficult feat to pull off.   

I want be clear that it absolutely is possible to train yourself to ignore the sensation of bladder pressure.  That’s already the case with myself and others.  When you can’t stop yourself from peeing, or make yourself pee, there is no point in paying attention to the bladder signal.  It’s more or less superfluous data.  Though when I do sense bladder pressure, I know what it means, just as I did when I was 3 years old.   Maybe that’s as good as it gets.

• Like 1

When I first lost continence , I had ARF absolutely no need to use the bathroom or urge to pee for 5 days , so it’s completely possible , on the 5 th day my bladder and body decided to complexly empty in my sleep, I literaly didn’t wet the bed I got the entire room and hallway in one shot .

• Like 2

I think we agree that it is possible to make wetting our diapers so routine that we don’t notice it anymore. And then if you think back, how many times did I pee myself while sitting here, you just don’t know exactly. Maybe once you get wet, it helps because you can’t tell from your diaper how many times you wet yourself?

I don’t know if you can ever get to the point of just being unable to feel any sensation of needing to pee or actually peeing — in other words, you would have no bladder sensations at all. That is unless there is some physical/nerve damage that deadens any sensations from your bladder or sphincter. 

I’m in way over my head here. I am convinced you can train yourself to ignore it, but whether you can train yourself to no longer be able to feel the sensations seems like a stretch.

But I’d be happy to be shown to be wrong!

16 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Wouldn’t it be great if you could become so aloof, that you don’t make the connection between bladder fullness and “I need to pee”?   My guess is it’s not possible to achieve that level aloofness. For starters, we are conditioned from a very young age that bladder pressure means you gotta pee. Second, simple cause and effect would tell you that the more pressure you feel the more urgent you need to pee, and when you pee the pressure goes away. 

@Enthusi My main problem is I don't notice a full bladder in my sleep....  And when I finally wake up, I'm soaked.... (Well, my diaper is soaked...)  OK, this is in the desires section and not the incontinence section....  So, maybe I shouldn't comment....

On 3/4/2023 at 7:45 AM, zzyzx said:

@Enthusi My main problem is I don't notice a full bladder in my sleep....  And when I finally wake up, I'm soaked.... (Well, my diaper is soaked...)  OK, this is in the desires section and not the incontinence section....  So, maybe I shouldn't comment....

I never feel the need to pee once asleep.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:53 AM, stevewet said:

I never feel the need to pee once asleep.

You no doubt have a lot of people here who envy you.

I think that’s the key to aspiring bedwetters Maybe stuff like going to bed already wet helps. Be sure you wear  whatever you have to so leaks are no concern at all — very important and easy to do.

Experiment around to figure out how much water you need to drink to wake up needing to pee. Pee without moving. Go back to sleep. Rinse and repeat each day and a habit will form — just don’t know when.

But then I didn’t have to learn, but on the few occasions that I did wake up, that’s what I did. Fluid intake at bedtime for me makes no difference. Well, if I don’t drink anything I still we the bed. If I do drink a bunch of water, I wake up in the morning more soaked.

You can too!