LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Since Johnson's has abandoned the scent that made it the iconic baby powder for 4 generations, we have looked for a replacement. I found Market Basket and Stop & Shop to be almost spot on. This has given my an idea. You might try grocery store chains' baby powder or pharmacies (do not bother with Walgreen's; it is abominable) and see what you find. I found two

• Like 2

So far, up here in the Frozen North, we can still get the Johnson's cornstarch-based baby powder in the blue bottles (which say "with Aloe" on them), and it still comes in the iconic scent we all know and love. However, I have found the Walmart Equate store brand powder to have the same scent - I suspect Johnson's co-packs it for them, as is often the case with store brands. I read repeatedly that they were withdrawing the product entirely from the market, to the point that my wife went out and bought me several bottles of it, but it can still be found in stores, so if they're burning through it, it is taking them some time to do so. Maybe Canadians are less litigious than Americans, or maybe we just take our infinitesimally greater chances of contracting mesothelioma or ovarian cancers (for those so equipped) in stride? 

• Like 2

The cornstarch Johnson's is not the original scent Only somewat similar. The sell it in the US, too, along with a lavender scent. I KNOW the original scent having been acquainted with it for over 70 yrstd. Otherwise, I would not have started looking for it a couple of years ago

The interesting thing is that if you google up jama talcum ovarian cancer, you will find that the Journal of the American Medical Assoc has said that there was no significant link between Johnson's talcum Baby Powder and overian cancer. That fact was in the news a few years ago, but was overshadowed by the Trump impeachment (like everything else). To show how turstworthy the government is, google up "npr bmi"

• Like 1

It's the talc version they will stop producing worldwide.  I bought some via Walmart (3rd party seller) a few months ago but also still have a large bottle I bought years ago that's still sealed.  (maybe it can be my retirement fund?  ?)  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Johnson-s-Baby-Powder-500G-Pack-of-2/235014566?athcpid=235014566&athpgid=MyItemsPage&athcgid=null&athznid=MyItems&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=r-twMD-MPK6nHGz_ioEu5SBwiD6lvJRCBtWw&athancid=null&athena=true

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

So far, up here in the Frozen North, we can still get the Johnson's cornstarch-based baby powder in the blue bottles (which say "with Aloe" on them), and it still comes in the iconic scent we all know and love. However, I have found the Walmart Equate store brand powder to have the same scent - I suspect Johnson's co-packs it for them, as is often the case with store brands. I read repeatedly that they were withdrawing the product entirely from the market, to the point that my wife went out and bought me several bottles of it, but it can still be found in stores, so if they're burning through it, it is taking them some time to do so. Maybe Canadians are less litigious than Americans, or maybe we just take our infinitesimally greater chances of contracting mesothelioma or ovarian cancers (for those so equipped) in stride? 

@Little Sherri and others:

I recently checked the local store I used to get the Talc powder from.  They are now out of all J&J baby powders, so if you find it in the store, and want that brand for the sent (of the remaining corn starch based powders), grab it while you can.  That's what I did while the Talc powder was in the stores....

Store brand corn starch based baby powder was still in stock, so it will be interesting to see how that goes since they won't be going to J&J for co-packing at this point....

I do not think the storte brand cornstarch will go away, though in some ways it is inferior to the talc. Now, J&J does not have the original scent Why not, I have no idea. If Markdt Basket can get very close, and Stop & Shop can nail it, then it is still around. Since I found two, then other grocery and pharmacy chains in different parts of the US, Canada or Mexico should also have it. You will just have to look hard. You can skip Walgreens I do not know about Walmart's Equate. If you find it, it might be a good idea to report it here since we are going to have to assemble this like a jigsaw puzzle. Market Basket is pretty much a Southern New England thing if that; mostly MA and Stop & Shop, to my knowledge is New England/Mid Atlantic: Maine to NJ or PA. But those are the tw that I can speak about. Now, these are made for the chains  by third-party manufacturers. In the case of S&S, I thinks it's "EVerybody's Baby" or something like that. I do have the name in another thread. That might be a good project for DD to keep a listing of (I hope I do not get the same thing I got when I suggested that DD keep a list of resorts that would be ABDL-friendly for things like"camps" and themed weekends; notable "Let Fetlfe do it"). It should be known that J&J was a hit outside the ABDL community>=. I could put it in the "Related" section of RUBBER PANTIES'R'US if someone else doesn't keep it, or I could put it in it's own page at SandraLyn.net if need be. Any finds could be listed and reviewed in Products Reviews. In fact, why these kinds of prodcuts are not reviewed there I have no idea. They are as much a part of the diaper scene as anything

Also, given the crankiness of the Blog system on my machine, I am going to move the BabyDoll cleaning and grooming to an Album. I am really proud of that creation, especially the Bubble Bath and Bath, body and Baby Oil. But be aware, it is for Little Girls. Someone said I should come up with a baby powder. That I have no idea how to do and this IS a DIY unless a professional company wantst to do it right, as is the BabyDoll Diaper

• Like 2
On 2/28/2023 at 9:16 AM, Little Sherri said:

I’m also in Canada and I switch between the Walmart, Superstore, and Johnson’s powders. Each has their own scent but they all have a baby/nursery scent I like.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BabyJune said:

I just Johnson's baby powder. After all, the name implies that's what it's for.

True but the smell is all wrong. In fact it is not even classic baby powder. All there is is a well-remembered name, nothing else. The ones I use are also called "baby powder" and the smell is right, especially the Stop & Shop. A DIY, if you could get the smell right, 'BabyDoll baby powder" would enable "BabyDoll" to check all the boxes. Who would not like to brag about being a "BabyDoll" girl?

On 2/28/2023 at 7:25 AM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Since Johnson's has abandoned the scent that made it the iconic baby powder for 4 generations, we have looked for a replacement. I found Market Basket and Stop & Shop to be almost spot on. This has given my an idea. You might try grocery store chains' baby powder or pharmacies (do not bother with Walgreen's; it is abominable) and see what you find. I found two

Their are some online channels that still sell J&J baby powder.  I really enjoy and miss the aroma.  But other brands such as equate or baby love are just as great.

6 hours ago, herb330 said:

Their are some online channels that still sell J&J baby powder.  I really enjoy and miss the aroma.  But other brands such as equate or baby love are just as great.

In terms of the scent? I have found that STop & Shop is right on the money and Market Basket is pretty close. You might try the ones marketted by state and rtegional grocery or pharmacy chains in your area since these are porduced by third party manufacturers that may distrigbute to chains that are state or regional. Stop & Shop is New England/Mid Atlantic and Market Basket is at least Eastern MA. You might try Safeway,Kroeger's Publix or whatever is in your area. Do not bother with Walgreens, it is horrible

Also, if J&J is sold form websites, How much is it? probably an arm and a leg compared to what you can get something with the same aroma at a market or pharmacy