LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can you always clean yourself properly after a bowel movement without smelling?

Goerge

7 hours ago, Goerge said:

I don't think you can!

@Goerge

I disagree! The reason I disagree is because you can clean  yourself very well if you have the right equipment do it for years, people would use toilet paper to clean up after they use the facilities, but that can be a pain because you end up sometimes using more paper than you expect, that can plug your toilet, and sometimes it takes a lot more to clean up a mess. what I do is I use my extra large to be able to wipe everywhere that I need, that way I might use a maximum of three to make sure that I'm doing a good job, and if you're taking care of the situation, you shouldn't stink too bad, but of course you're gonna stink if you have to release whatever you're holding.

Cleaning up is no different than if you were using toilet paper, with the difference being that you don't throw those things into the toilet bowl and then try to flush him down the toilet, because they're not designed for that. You never flush wipes down the toilets, even if it says that you can flush them down the toilet. I find it easier to clean up with wipes wipes than just to use toilet paper anyway, and I bought baby wipes for years because I find it easier to clean up that, But sometimes I think that wipes somehow may reaction my skin after a while and that is why I stopped using them, plus I want adult size wipes and not baby wipes.

The only way that I think people are going to smell is if they do not wipe themselves after they use the facilities! then you then you might have an issue, but if you're using a proper method to clean yourself up, and you use what you're using, and you keep at it you can normally just clean up everything that you need. If it's bad enough of an accident where you need assistance, you just end up rolling into your shower and then you take care of it. That's what I do when I have a bad accident I can roll into the shower on the right hand side and then drop my pants and everything I need to drop my shoes my shoes can go outside and just sit outside the bay, but everything else can stay within the bay until I'm willing to deal with it. I already have the disposal can and bucket for trifecta is available so that all I have to do is take a wet pair of  trifectas and throw it in.

So yes: you can clean yourself very well if you do it right, using wipes is probably the easiest way to do it, and doesn't waste them, but using toilet paper is also acceptable if that's the way people want to do it. just don't overload your toilet with toilet paper or you'll be ending up plunging it And I've had to do that before as well!

Brian

• Like 1

@Goerge

I presume, due to the site and the subforum, you are asking the question can one clean oneself properly after a bowel movement while wearing a diaper...

The answer is yes, if done correctly. A parent cleans a baby completely after they fill their diapers, but that is due to numerous items -

1. Diaper cream is applied at each change - so that the poop does not penetrate the skin pores
  2. Wipes are thick enough and enough used to remove all poop
  3. Diapers are changed soon after the diaper is filled despite the baby being awake or asleep
  4. Babies are bathed daily and more often depending on the state of their diaper

To do the same for an adult, most of the above needs to be done, but one can include washing the relevand areas as soon as possible after a messy diaper - i.e. showering and washing the area with soap. This is not always possible if one is not at home, and wipes are required.

To do this, one really needs to wear diapers that are not that thick - i.e. that can handle 1-3 wettings so that one, as soon as they get back home after having a messy diaper outside that they changed and cleaned with wipes, will normally be changing the diaper and therefore, can shower and wash the area.

On another topic, it was mentioned that one can become nose-blind (olfactory fatigued) for the smell of ones own wet / mess. As a result, without self care and attention, one can stink as the stale urine and poop penetrate the skin.

To avoid this, and the people around you distancing themselves from you, put a layer of diaper cream on at each change. Baby powder may be infantile smelling, but it does nothing but increases the chance of rashes, that is unless it is used between the diaper and the legs to avoid the friction of the diaper and ones skin. Also, an internal deodorant is reguired something like nullo or activated charcoal. To reduce the potency of urine, one should increase ones water intake. This will mean that you are wetting more often, and may need to change more often, but not only will it smell less, so will ones poop.

• Like 1

I can’t but my aide is pretty good at it , since I have been unable to shower for many years meaning all my baths are bird baths/ bed baths wipes and waterless soap and shampoo., haven’t had a shower or immersion bath in tub in 13 years .