LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Premium diapers in Seattle

My future wife and I have booked a honeymoon cruise to Alaska that leaves from Seattle Washington in June. We need to fly in from our home in Kansas so we need to pack enough clothes for eight days. Logistically this trip is a nightmare since we are limited to 2 bags each and the weather in Alaska is very variable at any time of year. I don't want to waste luggage space for diapers so I've looked up home health stores in Seattle hoping I could just buy them there in person because we are flying in one day early. Unfortunately though predictably the diapers they sell are unfit for a nursing home resident never mind an active adult. I'm hoping someone from the area knows where premium diapers can be purchased near the downtown area. My plan B will be to ship some to the hotel ahead of time.

Hugs,

Freta

Honestly, Go with plan B.  I have lived in Washington 98% of my life.  And there is nothing downtown that you are looking for.  ABU in Everett is your best option if you want to pick them up or ship to your hotel.  I went on one of the cruise lines in alaska a couple of years ago.  I did pack diapers with me in a large suitcase.  I had no issues with being in diapers during the cruise.  Although one time, the person came in to deliver breakfast, that my wife ordered.  I was still asleep, and my wife did nothing to cover me.  I woke up when they were on there way out the door.  Very embarrassing for me.  But my wife thought it was funny.  

• Like 1

I have had good luck with Eastside Medical supply in Bellevue. They carry the Tena maxi diaper and are quite helpful. Just a thought if you don't want to go the ABU route.

Thanks, @docein and @olympus a half hour trip north or to Bellevue would require a rental car so I'll probably ship to the hotel. I know wearing diapers on the cruise won't be an issue but I do try to keep my ABDL print diapers for at home wear. I'll probably just ship my usual Confidry 24/7's. I wouldn't feel the need to explain being in diapers if anybody noticed but I wouldn't want to have to explain why I'm wearing baby diapers ?

Hugs,

Freta

On 2/9/2023 at 2:54 PM, FretaBWet said:

My future wife and I have booked a honeymoon cruise to Alaska that leaves from Seattle Washington in June. We need to fly in from our home in Kansas so we need to pack enough clothes for eight days. Logistically this trip is a nightmare since we are limited to 2 bags each and the weather in Alaska is very variable at any time of year. I don't want to waste luggage space for diapers so I've looked up home health stores in Seattle hoping I could just buy them there in person because we are flying in one day early. Unfortunately though predictably the diapers they sell are unfit for a nursing home resident never mind an active adult. I'm hoping someone from the area knows where premium diapers can be purchased near the downtown area. My plan B will be to ship some to the hotel ahead of time.

Hugs,

Freta

I just recently moved out of Alaska, having lived there for 23 years. June is a decent time of year to go visit. It won't be terribly cold, but it generally won't be particularly warm either. I recommend a decent jacket (not a heavy winter jacket, that would be overkill) that can break the wind. The wind will be your biggest issue as you'll be on the water. Normal clothes with a decent jacket will be all you need, so hopefully that leaves room for more diapers!

Also, you didn't mention if you were heading up all the way to Anchorage or not. Unfortunately, Anchorage does not have a decent diaper store for anything more than crappy medical diapers, so I recommend sending them to your hotel ahead of time. Juneau is the same way. Kodiak is the same way, etc. Also, shipping times are increased when shipping to Alaska, so plan for 5-7 days shipping, even if FedEx or UPS says otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Thank you @jonbearabfor this helpful information. We have both been watching YouTube videos of what to expect on the cruise and our ports of call. We're stopping in Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point and Vancouver BC. Confidry 24/7's come 18 to a pack in my size so it would be easy to just ship 1 package from home to the hotel in Seattle. I can easily fit 3 in my checked luggage which gives me 21 in all. That leaves me 3 per day for the 7 days.

41 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

Thank you @jonbearabfor this helpful information. We have both been watching YouTube videos of what to expect on the cruise and our ports of call. We're stopping in Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point and Vancouver BC. Confidry 24/7's come 18 to a pack in my size so it would be easy to just ship 1 package from home to the hotel in Seattle. I can easily fit 3 in my checked luggage which gives me 21 in all. That leaves me 3 per day for the 7 days.

You're most welcome. Sounds like you figured it out. I wear Confidry 24/7 as a daily diaper also so I know what sort of logistics you're talking about. When visiting Vancouver, BC, have your passport ready or else you won't be able to leave the cruise ship. You're going to love Ketchikan and Juneau (especially if you like rain forests). Take it all in, enjoy the most beautiful state in the US, and take many pictures, you won't regret it. I've never been to Icy Strait Point so I can't say anything about it.

Are you all going to be able to fish while on the cruise?

I plan on taking a lot of pictures. I just bought a new Canon R10 with the 18 to 150 zoom lens. I also bought a remote control for it so I can mount it on my tripod and take pictures of us in our cabin or long exposure shots of the night sky and the aurora borealis which is the top of our list to see. We are very excited to experience Alaska. We're not going to do any fishing on the cruise and we skipped the whale watch excursions because we should see plenty of whales from our veranda on the ship. We both have good binoculars so those will be useful on the ship and on land.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

I plan on taking a lot of pictures. I just bought a new Canon R10 with the 18 to 150 zoom lens. I also bought a remote control for it so I can mount it on my tripod and take pictures of us in our cabin or long exposure shots of the night sky and the aurora borealis which is the top of our list to see. We are very excited to experience Alaska. We're not going to do any fishing on the cruise and we skipped the whale watch excursions because we should see plenty of whales from our veranda on the ship. We both have good binoculars so those will be useful on the ship and on land.

Hugs,

Freta

I hate to break it to you, but the likelihood of you seeing the aurora in June is going to be miniscule. It can still happen, but it's not likely. In June you're going to experience more daylight than not and the auroras tend to be most active in March and October during the equinoxes. So you're kinda perpendicular to that time of year.

But still, it should be a wonderful sight for the most part. You'll probably get to see the few glaciers that are left and probably some bears along the way.

1 hour ago, FretaBWet said:

Hugs,

Freta

Also, check this website often, as it will give you a good idea of the forecast. Note that we are currently in February, right before March. You're going to see more aurora activity between now and the end of March. The website is: https://www.gi.alaska.edu/monitors/aurora-forecast (shameless plug, I used to work for the Geophysical Institute of the University of Alaska Fairbanks).

Also, you can check out this 24/7 sky camera during this time to get real time updates from the Poker Flat Research Range: https://allsky.gi.alaska.edu/

• Like 1

Thanks, we'll check it out. Maybe we'll get lucky and see it. We booked a seaplane excursion that flies over the glaciers so we'll see them from the air. The cruise also goes through Glacier Bay and that is supposed to be spectacular.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Thanks, we'll check it out. Maybe we'll get lucky and see it. We booked a seaplane excursion that flies over the glaciers so we'll see them from the air. The cruise also goes through Glacier Bay and that is supposed to be spectacular.

I think you and your fiance are going to enjoy your trip :) Have fun!

• 3 months later...

We are just over a week away from our cruise departure and I thought I'd write an update. We are both wearing for our travel to Seattle and my new wife will be wearing at night during the trip with me full time. We have decided to be safe and bring enough diapers in our carry ons to get to Seattle. If our checked luggage gets lost we'll just need to buy diapers in Seattle. We are flying first class so we'll be packing 30 Confidry 24/7's for me and a dozen for the wife to cover each night and each shore excursion. We checked with the cruise line about anything we needed to do and they said no. I plan on having a word with whomever is assigned our stateroom and a personal gratuity to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...