LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shifting Sands - Chapter 62

It was nice to see Kelly defending Zack. It shows she cares about his well being- at least to some degree- and isn't a tyrannical stepmonster who just wants to dominate and humiliate him. Some bonding moments would also show that she cares for him/ cares about him and is doing what she thinks is in his best interest, even if he doesn't agree.

Chapter 14 - Morning Report

Zack’s phone woke him up with some pop hits, and he groggily got up out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. Maddy passed him in the hall, on her way downstairs, and she made no comment about his wardrobe, probably at least in part because she would have had to say it from behind a pacifier, which would likely have taken most of the satisfaction out of it. 

Normally, his morning routine was to splash some water on his face, tear off his pull-up, and then use the toilet. However that routine had gone out the window for God knows how long, so he looked dejectedly at the latch at the top of the bathroom door, turned, and crinkled his way down the stairs, again feeling a bit exposed as he crossed in front of the transom beside the front door. There were only birds on the front lawn, however. It was still early for people to be streaming by on their way to the bus stop.

Maddy sat at the table with a bib on, drinking apple juice from another sippy cup, this one light green. A piece of toast had been cut up into squares on a matching plastic plate in front of her. Her pacifier sat in the center of the table. Kelly had also prepared toast for Zack, however it was just cut in half, and he had juice in a proper glass. When he was finished, which took about three minutes, Kelly invited him to come over to where she was seated at her chef’s desk. When he walked over, she reached over and gently squeezed the front of his diaper toward the top.

“It looks like this had its work cut out for it.” She chimed.

Zack thought about telling her that he’d also done his morning pee in it while eating breakfast, but decided he didn’t want to talk about that in front of Maddy. He grunted.

“Head on up and get dressed for school. Bring your shorts down with you when you’re done, and I’ll get you a pair of boxers from the laundry room when we take this off.” She gave him a light tap on the side of his diaper with her fingertips. “Maddy, you can go get into another pull-up under your outfit. That’s what you’re wearing today.”

Maddy put down her sippy cup and started sobbing. Kelly walked over and popped the pacifier into her mouth, then said “I think somebody is going to need a nap when they get home from school!” She pulled her up off the chair by one hand and marched her up the stairs. Zack followed at a distance, feeling sympathetic toward Maddy, but uninterested in getting involved. Kelly paused in the hall to unlatch the bathroom door.

It’s best for both Maddy and I if we just let this blow over.

Maddy was still mewling from in her room while Zack took his pajama shirt off and pulled a on a t-shirt from his drawer of school-worthy clothes. He selected another pair of athletic shorts, and went to brush his teeth, before heading downstairs. Now, he paused midway down and eyed the area outside the front door, before dashing past. It was getting closer to when people he knew might be walking by.

Kelly followed a couple of minutes later, leading a tear-streaked Maddy, pacifier still perched between her lips. She was wearing pink leggings and a green t-shirt.

That’s what the further commotion was about. She didn’t want to wear leggings over a pull-up.

There was no denying that her rear end had a slight rectangular outline to it. He decided to see if he could help his sister out a bit.

“Maddy, maybe you should bring a sweatshirt – it’s a bit fresh out there.”

Maddy’s eyes brightened, and she turned to Kelly.

“Fine, go get a sweatshirt.”

Maddy dashed upstairs and came back down wearing what Zack imagined was her longest sweater, which hung most of the way down to her thighs. The camouflage was imperfect, but the effect was much better than before, when her diaper’s entire outline had been discernable, down to the vertical seams on the waistband.

If she stays sitting most of the time, she might get away with it.

Kelly motioned Zack over towards her, breaking his thoughts. She reached down and zipped off the upper tab on his right hip, then re-fastened it lightly, right at the edge of the front. Then she did the same for the lower tab on that side.

“Go into the laundry room and drop your diaper. You can put these on.” With that, Kelly handed over what was now, to him, water in the desert: a dark blue pair of boxer shorts. He almost skipped to the laundry room, closed the door, pulled the tabs off the loose side of his diaper, and let it slid down weightily to the tiles. He pulled up the underwear and his shorts, turned to run out of the room, but then contemplated the heavy, slightly yellowed Little Lamb sitting in front of the dryer. Reluctantly, he bent over and picked it up, holding it out in front of him a bit, and then he walked back to the staircase where Kelly and Maddy were standing.

“Good boy, Zack, picking up your wet diaper – I knew you would. Hand it to me – I want to see how much it weighs.”

Zack extended his hand, his diaper dangling like a plastic bag, and Kelly took it from him by the waistband, pinching it with her fingers on two sides. She raised and lowered it a couple of times, lips pursed in concentration.

“Yup, these are definitely doing their job.” She folded it up like a football and placed it on the bottom step, then reached forward and plucked the pacifier from Maddy’s mouth. Right then, two sets of hands started knocking on the door, startling both Maddy and Zack. Kelly reached between them and opened the door, revealing two of Zack’s friends from school, Talon and Sean.

“You comin’ to the bus Zack?” Talon asked.

Zack stepped through the threshold and pushed each of them by the shoulder, saying “Yup, let’s go!”and tried to sweep them down the path, but then Kelly said “Zack! Wait for your baby sister!”

Zack stopped and turned to look back, as did Tanner and Sean. Maddy was stepping into her shoes, and behind her, as clear as day to Zack, was his folded diaper, sitting on the first step of the stairway. However, it did not seem to register to either of his friends, who turned and started walking slowly, to allow Zack and Maddy a chance to catch up. Zack looked at his feet and shook his head. Eventually, Maddy came walking down towards him, one hand tugging her sweatshirt down behind her, and Zack turned and trotted after his friends.

Chapter 15 - Turning Point

Zack filed out of his school bus on the corner of his street. Tanner had asked him on the bus ride in if he could come to a movie tonight, and had also asked Sean. Zack had been noncommittal, thinking that the chances of Kelly going along with it were slim, and his dad would be at work until way after he needed an answer. However, when he got within wifi range of Kelly’s house, his phone lit up with texts.

Kelly: Tanner’s mom asked if you could attend a movie with him tonight.

Kelly: I’ve spoken with her I’ve agreed, you can go, if you get home, get your homework done, and do everything required to be ready before you go.

Zack had stopped to look at his phone, so he had to jog a few steps to catch up with Tanner.

“Tanner, it looks like I can go tonight!”

Tanner looked back over his shoulder. “Alright!” He spun to fist-bump Zack.

Zack continued his double-time trot, heading for the walkway up to the house. He waved over his shoulder and punched his pin into the keyless deadbolt. The door motored open, and he opened it cautiously, making sure that there wasn’t still a diaper bundled up on the stairs. There wasn’t. He slipped inside and closed the door.

Maddy was sitting at the kitchen table wearing the shirt she’d worn to school, over a pull-up. Zack didn’t know if it was the same one she’d had on all day or not. She had a pacifier in her mouth and she was working intently on something, probably homework. Her outfit and the continued presence of the pacifier surprised Zack a bit, as the vibe he got from the texts was that Kelly was in a good mood.

Kelly came walking into the kitchen from the laundry room on the opposite side.

“How’s Zack?” She asked. “Still dry?”

Zack’s cheeks reddened. He nodded.

“Good boy. Let’s head straight upstairs.”

Zack furrowed his brow for a moment, not sure what Kelly was saying, but she motioned with her arm for him to follow, so he trotted up behind her. She went into his room a couple of steps in front of him and crossed immediately over to his dresser. She opened his top right drawer, and extracted a Little Lambs diaper, which she began unfolding as she walked toward the bed.

“What’s that for?” Zack asked, his tone betraying some incredulity.

“Tanner’s mom is coming to get you in less than an hour, Zack, and you’re having dinner at the theatre. I want you ready for bed when you get home, and, you need to be in protection at the movie. You’ll have a drink with dinner, and probably a big cup of pop with your popcorn. Your dad and I think it’s best if you wear a diaper.”

Zack was speechless. He stammered out a series of “Buts”, then paused to collect himself.

“I won’t have anything to drink at the movie, Kelly, promise.”

“Don’t be silly, Zack – have anything you want to drink. I already made arrangements that I’m paying for the concessions and Tanner’s mom is paying for the tickets.”

Zack stood stalk-still, hands clenched at his sides, looking down at the floor.

“So let’s get you all set so you’re ready to go to the movie.”

“Then I don’t want to go.” Zack said in a low growl.

“Oh, well that would be very rude – they’ve already bought the tickets and they’re expecting you. I prefer we not treat friends that way. But if you insist, then you can simply tell Tanner and his mom that you are choosing not to accompany them, because you don’t wish to leave the house in the diaper that your doctor prescribed. And you can tell them that, on the front porch, in your diaper.”

Hot tears started trailing down Zack’s crimson cheeks, and his gaze remained fixed on the floor.

“It’s not fair….” His voice hitched. “You’re…. You’re being so mean.”

“I’m not being mean, Zack, I’m being practical. If a doctor said that you needed to take antibiotics, it would be my job to make sure that you took them as you should. A doctor, Zack, has said that you should be wearing diapers, and it is my job to make sure that you wear them as you should.”

“She said I have to wear them to BED!” Zack’s voice broke and pitched up at the end of his statement.

“No, Zack, you didn’t talk to Dr. Paige for very long. You were in the playroom with the other children. I talked to her for almost an hour, and we’ve exchanged several emails since then. I have a much better understanding of what she thinks you need, than you do. Dr. Paige believes, and her extensive experience has taught her, that little wetters like you benefit the most from an holistic approach. You might not know that word. It means treating the whole patient, Zack, not just their symptoms. It means that everything is interconnected, even things that don’t seem to be. Dr. Paige and I can see around corners that you can’t see around, Zack, and one of the things she strongly predicted was that, early on in the course of your therapy, you would likely wet more often, before we got a handle on all of your issues. And that wetting when you’re not prepared for it could cause you to spiral into emotions that lead to further wetting. Making sure that you’re in a position where you’re always prepared is a KEY part of our strategy at this early stage. I’m not going to let you down, Zack, and I’m not going to let you let yourself down. Do you hear me?”

Zack remained as he was, but his eyes rose from the floor to meet hers.

“Good, I can see that you heard me. Now, do you want me to take your shorts off, or do you want to go lie on your diaper like we’ve been doing, and I’ll give you some privacy for a minute?”

Zack reached up and wiped his cheek with the back of his hand. Without waiting for a response, Kelly spread the diaper out on his bed, and then walked out of the room.

“One minute, Zack.” She said over her shoulder.

Zack’s hands were shaking, and his breathing was unsteady, but he reached down and slid his pants and boxer shorts to the floor. He pulled his shirt up over his head as he walked toward his bed, letting it fall in a heap. He clambered up onto his bed and seated himself in the middle of the big diaper, hearing the crinkle of the plastic and feeling the softness of the liner. He lied back and pulled the front up over himself, pulling his feet in toward his core, and placing one hand behind his head.

A moment later, Kelly came walking in, carrying one of the garments from the box she’d ordered, and a bottle of baby powder. She sat on the bed and placed her hand on the front of his diaper, then did an exaggerated turn with her head, to demonstrate that she was looking away. Then she pulled the front of his diaper back, overturned the bottle of baby powder above him, and gave it a big squeeze. Zack felt the powder landing on his thighs and groin, and saw a cloud of white dust rise up from his midsection. With her other hand, Kelly brought the front panel of the diaper back up. Fresh tears formed in the corners of Zack’s eyes.

Kelly took the corner of her index finger and wiped first one eye, then the other.

“There, there. It’s not so bad, Zackie. You’re going to a movie with your friend. You’re going to have fun, and you’re going to be warm and dry and safe. Don’t be sad. Here, one second, I have something for you.”

Kelly took the top left tab of his diaper and stretched it across the front, so that the front panel wouldn’t fall, then she got up off the bed and practically jogged out of the room. Zack heard the faucet in their bathroom run for a moment, and then Kelly came walking back in, with one hand behind her back.

“Close your eyes, Zackie…”

Zackie? Who the hell ever called me Zackie?

Zack blinked to clear away some tears, which Kelly took for him closing his eyes, and in a quick motion, she pressed the teat of a purple pacifier between his lips, where it encountered his front teeth.

“Open up, Zackie… come on, give it a try. I bet this makes you feel a million percent better, little man.”

Kelly placed the thumb and index finger of her other hand on his cheeks, and pushed them into his clenched molars. Zack, emotionally exhausted, let his teeth come apart. The pacifier slipped into his mouth, where his tongue found the silicone nipple and pressed it up against his palate almost automatically.

“Good boy, Zackie. Good little man.” Kelly cooed. “There you go, have a suckle.”

She took her finger off the back of the pacifier, and went back to fastening his diaper. Zack’s gaze was drawn to the looped plastic handle that stood up from the back of the pacifier, but it was too close to look at, almost like trying to focus on the end or your nose. He closed his eyes and took slow, deep pulls on the silicone teat, while breathing through his nose.

“See, Zack? Doesn’t that feel better? It’s almost like meditation, breathing that way. Dr. Paige said that even older kids can find a baby soother very calming.”

Zack squeezed his eyes tighter and tried to block out Kelly’s voice. He could feel his diaper being snugged, could feel himself pulling on the pacifier almost involuntarily. He put took his hands from behind his head and put them over his eyes. Kelly finished fastening his diaper and then sat next to him, with her hand on his belly, tracing circles in baby powder dust, saying nothing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapters 14 & 15
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 16 – Desperate Times

Kelly stood stooped over behind Zack, pulling the zipper of another charcoal grey snap-suit up between his shoulders. He felt the click as much as heard it, when she engaged the snap at the back of his neck.

“Now, Zack, because you worked with me, you can put anything you want over this. Your choice. I’m going to leave you to get dressed now, because I’m supposed to meet Donna for a jog, and I’m going to have to take Maddy with me, because I can’t leave her here by herself. Luckily, Donna has a running stroller.”

Kelly breezed out of his room and headed toward her end of the hall. Zack looked down at himself. Whatever he chose to wear was going to have to be big, because there was nothing little about these Little Lambs. And whatever he wore was going to need to be heavy, because, at least to his ears in his nearly silent room, every time he moved, his plastic underpants emitted a cacophony. It sounded like he was wearing a garbage bag. Which, he thought, he kind of was.

He pulled out some pairs of jeans he had in the closet, but because he was of a fairly slight build, none of them really had enough excess of material to camouflage a twelve-hour diaper. He looked at his bedside clock. Tanner’s mom was going to be here in probably a half hour. He’d have to keep looking through his wardrobe.

Downstairs, he heard his sister’s voice rise plaintively, and then Kelly barked something, and the door slammed shut. He went over and looked out his window. A moment later, Kelly and her friend, both wearing running shorts and tank tops, walked up to the street. Kelly was pushing a red elongated stroller with three bicycle wheels and had Maddy by the hand, wearing a yellow sundress. Kelly pivoted the running stroller so that it was facing back towards the house, picked Maddy up under the armpits, and plunked her inside it, then leaned over and fastened her into the built-in five-point harness. When she stood up and walked behind the three-wheeled conveyance, Zack swore that he made eye contact with Maddy. She looked up at him from in the stroller. He couldn’t read her facial expression because of the pacifier she had in her mouth. The harness kept her from pulling her dress convincingly over her pull-up. Kelly and her friend did some quick leg stretches. Zack shook his head. Maddy was about to go for a 45-minute jog around the neighbourhood, in a stroller, with a pacifier in her mouth. He felt awful for her.

Kelly pivoted the stroller, gave the handle a shove, and they were headed up the block. A couple of kids, girls around Maddy’s age who lived up the street, were walking toward the pair as they jogged away, and Zack saw both of their heads turn as Maddy wheeled by.

That’s when Zack’s mind went into gear. Seeing Maddy’s outfit had given him an idea; what Maddy should have put on under her dress, if Kelly would have let her, was a pair of her dance shorts. Kelly had somehow spirited away all of Zack’s underwear, and for all he knew, she had it under lock and key. However, he knew that Maddy’s dance shorts, on him, would probably fit pretty much like underwear. And he knew something else: Kelly had installed the keyless deadbolt on the front door of her house precisely because she didn’t like to have to run with keys in her hand. She hated it in fact.

Now, today, she was running with a stroller, but Zack was laying a bet in his head that she wouldn’t have changed her routine because an unfamiliar piece of hardware happened to have been added. He dropped the jeans onto his closet floor, and strode purposefully out into the hall and down the stairs. Roofus watched him from his bed in a corner, as Zack paused midway down the staircase to survey the scene outside the door, cognizant of the fact that he was clad in a diaper shirt that didn’t fully cover the back of his diaper. No activity. Kelly’s keys were in a dish on a side table immediately inside the door. Zack jumped down the last two steps, seized them, and bolted back up.

He headed straight to his bathroom, hoping to use the mirror. Kelly had left the latch off the door.

Because she thinks I can’t get this onesie off anyway.

He found the heavy black cylinder on its keyring, and, with some difficulty, pressed the back of it against the latch at the back of his neck. He heard a click, but when he withdrew the clicker, the latch clicked again, and he could not pull the two sides apart.

This is going to be tricky. And I don’t have much time.

Pressing the cylinder into the indentation again, this time he used the thumbnail of the same hand to pull upward on the latch, while the fingers of his other hand pushed downward on the material on either side of it. There was another click, and he felt the latch open. He did a quick fist pump in midair, then reached around and tried to grasp the zipper from below. There was no way he was getting to it that way. First, he had to awkwardly grab it from above, and inch it downward a bit. Then, he grasped the edges of his collar on either side and pulled them out toward his shoulders. The zipper slid downward under the lateral tension. Finally, he reached around behind himself from below, and was able to snag the little metal handle on the zipper, which he drew downward until he felt that it was nearly to his tailbone. He ran a finger into the yawning slit and felt the smooth plastic of his diaper. It was down as far as it needed to be.

He grasped both shoulders of the garment and pulled them forward, working his arms out, and then he slid it down his legs and onto the floor, where he stepped out of it, and kicked it away.

Yes!

He looked in the mirror. An eleven-year-old boy wearing an enormous diaper covered in lambs looked back at him. Not for long. He darted out of the bathroom, then turned around and darted back in, picking up the diaper shirt and firing it through his bedroom door.

No mistakes. Not now.

He jogged into Maddy’s room, turned the overhead lights on, and surveyed his surroundings. Everything was pink and purple, except for the heavy brown dresser that both of them had in their rooms. And the white plastic Diaper Genie. He opened her closet door, but all the items hung in there seemed to be either dresses, skirts or pants. Her box of pull-ups was on the floor of the closet, but it didn’t occur to Zack to look inside it, or he might have found one of his own from a few days before. Instead, he closed the door, and turned to the dresser.

Pulling drawers out one at a time, he tried to do his best to survey the contents, without messing them up too much – everything was folded carefully, undoubtedly by Kelly. There were nighties and t-shirts and crop-tops and sweatshirts, a drawer with leggings in it, and one with bathing suits. Her top right drawer contained pull-ups and pajamas. Below that was a drawer with spandex shorts in it, but all of them were shades of purple or pink. Zack was looking for black, or maybe blue, even white.

The next drawer down contained what looked like little half tank-tops with small adjustable straps, in a variety of colours. Next to them was a pile of underwear, the only thing in the dresser that hadn’t been folded. Every colour of the rainbow was represented, along with stripes, stars, hearts, and unicorns. Underneath the disorganized pile, Zack spied a plastic package that looked unopened. He carefully extracted it and held it up in front of himself. Inside it was a row of folded rolls of light material in several colours, with contrasting trim. On closer examination, Zack realized what he’d found: a new packet of underwear. Kelly had bought both of them new clothes for when school was over, most of which hadn’t been taken out of the packages, because Kelly had said that was her job, not theirs. His packet of new boxers had disappeared with all his other underclothes, when the Little Lambs appeared in his dresser, but Maddy still had hers. He lifted the package and turned it over in his hands.

Yes!

At the back of the package, amidst the riot of pink, green, purple and yellow, was one pair that was white, with grey trim. He decided to pull them out.

The package had a resealable plastic seam on it, but first, you had to tear off a perforated edge. Zack made the tear, dropping the edge onto the floor. He pulled apart the interlocking edges. His fingers reached in and found the white panties, which he gingerly extracted, careful not to disturb the others. When he had them out, he unfolded them. They were big, bigger than he expected. He looked at the package again; it said it contained “hipster briefs”, made for girls aged ten to twelve. Maddy was nine. Zack was eleven. He held them out in front of him, against his waist. If he didn’t have a big stupid diaper on, Zack mused, these would probably fit. He grabbed the edge of the top right tab of the diaper and gave it a good pull. It came away cleanly. He pulled off the bottom tab on that side. Another flawless, if loud, extraction. Then he slid the diaper down his leg and stepped out of it, kicking it lightly to one side.

He lowered the briefs and gingerly tried putting one foot into them, then the other, before hauling them up. They were even a bit loose on him, he discovered. He went back into the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. The leg elastics on the panties were plain ribbons of grey. The waistband had a bit of a lacy upper edge to it, but it wasn’t nearly as girly as the ‘silence panties’ that Kelly thought she might someday talk him into wearing.

Fat chance.

There was a little white bow centered at the front of the waistband, but it was subtle. All in all, these looked, and basically felt, like the tightie whities that he’d worn for most of his life, before discovering boxers a couple of years prior, other than the absence of a trap door on the front which nobody used, anyway. These were going to work. The only question was, how to get out of them, and back into his diaper, when he got back from the movie.

Zack went back to his room and got dressed, no longer concerned about how his clothes fit. He picked up the snap-suit and his diaper, and rolled them up together. Then, he considered his options. He needed to stash these in a place that wouldn’t likely be discovered, and that he could access without coming into the house, when he was dropped off. He would also need a concealed location in which to put them back on. The gate to the backyard on the side of the house offered just such a location, in Zack’s estimation. He could stash the outfit in the bushes, and then, when he got back, he could duck in there through the gate and get changed in an area that was largely invisible from the surrounding houses, particularly at night. And the only window that overlooked the area from their house was inside the garage. He headed downstairs and out the sliding door at the back of the house. Roofus watched from his bed as Zack went by, without lifting his head.

Making his way over to the side of the house, Zack surveyed the area in the late afternoon sun. A dense hedge ran along the fence line, up to the gate. The gate itself was openable from the outside with a latch, however Kelly kept a carabiner clip through an eyelet on the mechanism, which prevented it from being used to gain entry into the backyard, unless the carabiner was removed. Zack removed it from the eyelet, and hung it over the mechanism, so that from a distance, it would look like everything was in place. Then, he stashed his rolled-up baby clothes under the hedge, pushing them back as far as he could.

He stood back and examined his work; the gate, unless you looked really closely, appeared undisturbed, and the bundle was invisible unless you stood right in front of it. The chances of Kelly engaging in yardwork back there, in the fading light, after returning from a run, were low. There was no rain in the forecast.

Zack turned and jogged back to the house, closing and locking the sliding door. As soon as the door closed, Roofus jumped up from his bed and started barking. Tanner’s mom had pulled into the driveway. Zack put Kelly’s keys back and jammed his feet into his shoes, leaving them untied, then exited, pulling the front door closed behind him, and hitting the lock button.

From inside her SUV, Tanner’s mom saw Zack emerge from the house, and quickly trot over to the gate on the far side of the garage, opening it and then immediately pulling it shut. She assumed he was making sure it was latched. Tanner opened the back door and then slid across to the other seat, creating a space for Zack, who hopped up and fastened his seatbelt. The SUV backed out of the driveway and angled up the street.

At the top of the hill, just before traffic lights where the side street intersected with a main road, Zack’s heart caught in his throat as Kelly, her friend, and Maddy came around the corner for the return leg of their run. The SUV started slowing, and Tanner’s mom powered down her window and gave them a wave. However, at that moment, the light at the end of the street turned green, and rather than stopping for a chat, she elected to try and catch the light. Zack was pushed back into his seat by renewed acceleration, and his head pivoted as he watched the trio pass by through tinted glass. Kelly and her friend were waving. Maddy was not.

The truck arced left at the junction and into the left lane, and in a moment, the subdivision was behind them.

“How old is your sister, Zack?” Tanner’s mom asked.

“She just turned nine.”

“Oh. Hmmm.”

Kelly and her friend dropped their speed to a walk as they approached the house. They stretched again, while drinking from their water bottles and comparing notes on what their GPS watches were telling them about their run. Maddy sat in the stroller and stared at her knees, taking the occasional pull on her pacifier, despite trying not to. Her hand had gone to the chest clasp on the stroller’s harness as soon as she could see the house, but Kelly had shut that initiative down with a quick “Nope!” that Maddy knew had to have been meant for her. She sat and watched the angled light of the setting sun play through leaves, feeling dampness in the seat of her pull-up, and hoping that no more people she knew were going to walk by.

Finally, Kelly walked around in front of the stroller, reached down, and unclipped the chest and lap belts, then took Maddy’s extended hands and extricated her from the stroller. Keeping hold of one of her hands, she thanked Donna, who took the running stroller and started walking into the fading light. Kelly keyed her code into the deadbolt, which whirred for a moment, and they walked into the house. She closed the door, then leaned down and gave Maddy’s pull-up a pat through the light material of her dress.

“Go get a clean pull-up and a change pad and bring them down here, Maddy – I don’t think this one has much life left in it. I’ll get you a sippy cup with some ice water. You were a good little girl on our run.”

Maddy climbed the stairs slowly. She’d hoped that her time in pull-ups might have ended when they returned from the run, but she realized that it was probably only an hour from her bedtime, so there wasn’t much point in getting dressed in anything else except another one. She entered her room and walked over to her dresser, extracting a purple and pink pull-up without looking at the pattern on it. At this point, she didn’t care what it looked like.

She turned from her drawer with a downcast look, seeing the upper edge of her pacifier as a blur in her lower peripheral vision, when her eyes fixated on something else: the torn edge of a plastic bag lay on her otherwise clutter-free hardwood floor. She bent over and picked it up, holding it up in front of her face.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 16

Interesting that Pierre and Pale Spirit think that this is going to end poorly for Zack.  In the short term, sure.  In the long term?  The nice thing about writing a story is that you get to choose the ending.  Ah, but one of the 20th century's best novelists did something in The French Lieutenant's Woman, and The Magus, that I'm surprised no one writing for this site has picked up on.  Being something of a tease, I'll leave it there.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Babypants said:

Interesting that Pierre and Pale Spirit think that this is going to end poorly for Zack.  In the short term, sure.  In the long term?  The nice thing about writing a story is that you get to choose the ending.  Ah, but one of the 20th century's best novelists did something in The French Lieutenant's Woman, and The Magus, that I'm surprised no one writing for this site has picked up on.  Being something of a tease, I'll leave it there.

Well actually in the very short term I think it'll work out fine for Zack, he'll be happy that he got to go to the movies without having to wear padding, he'll be relieved that there was no chance of his friend finding out, but since Maddy found the bit of plastic from the pack, it's possible she'll tell Kelly or Kelly will find out somehow and that'll be bad for Zack.

Though I'm completely guessing, so I could be way off, I'm definitely looking forward to more of the story either way.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, A_Pale_Spirit said:

Well actually in the very short term I think it'll work out fine for Zack, he'll be happy that he got to go to the movies without having to wear padding, he'll be relieved that there was no chance of his friend finding out, but since Maddy found the bit of plastic from the pack, it's possible she'll tell Kelly or Kelly will find out somehow and that'll be bad for Zack.

Though I'm completely guessing, so I could be way off, I'm definitely looking forward to more of the story either way.

Unless it violates the laws of physics, fiction is ultimately non-fiction.  If you can imagine it, it has happened or will happen in the future.  So Zack and Kelly are real, but we can only relate to them through the lens of our own personal experience.  I grew up in the slums of East Los Angeles, where children learned at an early age to fight back, or they didn't survive.  But I get the impression that, at large, people commenting on these stories had a more comfortable childhood, and don't find the passivity of children Zack's age being put back in diapers at all out of order.  This is a healthy reminder that suspension of belief can require more of one reader than another.  The author writes, but the reader filters.

So, my sense is that we are heading for a climax in which Zack has to do something to save his little sister from the psychopath masquerading as his stepmother.  How far would you have Zack go to save her?  Little Sherri already knows my answer; how would you have the story go?

• Like 1

Wow, this is the best story I’ve ever read. I’ve had an idea for a similar story for a while, but this is better than anything I could have written.

I can’t wait until we see more of Dr. Paige and the elimination room. I love foreshadowing like that.

My only wish is for the scenes of Zack using his diaper to be longer. They’re often only a sentence or two right now, but I’d love to spend more time there, really fleshing out the scene. But I’m just being greedy, I think 🙊

Welp, if he's found in the panties with lace and a bow - even if they're not too girly- he'll find it very difficult to justify not wearing the slightly lacy blue gingham plastic panties. Kelly could even expose his girly panties to Tanner's mum and spin it as perverted. Or perhaps a terrible ultimatum: he has to show his panties in front of Tanner, or, wet them. 

• Like 1

Chapter 17 - Dog Days

Kelly walked over to the kitchen and pulled plastic sippy cup parts from under the sink, quickly snapping in the check valve. She filled the assembled cup with water and ice from the fridge, then threaded on the top, before placing it on the table, and then walking over to open the sliding door for Roofus, who was standing at attention in front of it. Kelly had given up taking Roofus for runs – he wanted to stop and sniff everything, which interrupted her pace.

She was just about to call for Maddy when she heard steps coming down the stairs. Maddy had a pull-up in one hand, and a folded change pad in the other, as requested. Kelly directed her over to the living room with a hand on her upper back, then picked her up under her arms and sat her on an upholstered ottoman, before pushing her gently back at her shoulders, so that Maddy was lying on her back, with her knees hanging over the edge. Then she slid her sundress up until it was above her hips, scooped up both of her knees under one arm, lifted her bottom away from the suede surface she was lying on, and pushed the change pad underneath her. With a swift motion, she tore away the pull-up on each side, grasping it and rolling it up. It had a small tab in the center at the back that allowed it to be rolled up like a burrito and fastened shut. Then she threaded the new pull-up over each of Maddy’s ankles, and worked it up her legs and past her knees, until it was most of the way up. Maddy held a hand up in front of her face, as though examining something, which caught Kelly’s attention. She seemed to be holding the torn edge of some kind of packet.

“Where’s you get that, Maddy?”

“Id waff on my fwoor.” Maddy said around the nipple between her teeth.

Kelly pulled the pacifier out of Maddy’s mouth and held it up between them.

“Say that again, please.”

“It was on the floor in my room.” Maddy responded.

“What is it from?” Kelly asked.

“I don’t know.” Maddy answered.

Kelly took it from Maddy’s hand and examined it. It was about 6 inches long and made of a heavier plastic than that used for most food items. It had clearly been torn along a perforated edge.

“Did you open up any of your new clothes?” Kelly asked, picturing some of the t-shirts, socks and panties that were sold in plastic pouches from the local department store.

“No.” Maddy said.

Kelly pushed the pacifier back into Maddy’s mouth and pulled her up onto her feet by her hands, before slipping her pull-up fully into place.

“Go up to your room, take off your dress, and stand in a corner facing the wall please.”

She wanted to have a look around Maddy’s bedroom – she’d specifically told her not to open any of her new clothes by herself. Maddy smoothed her dress down while casting a glance at the sippy cup waiting for her in the kitchen. Kelly handed her the rolled-up pull-up, and she trotted up the stairs.

Next, Kelly tried to summon Roofus, who was still in the backyard, but when she opened the sliding door, he did not come bounding over in response to the sound, which was unusual. Stepping through the door, she called his name, and looked both ways around the yard. She could hear that the dog was engaged in some sort activity around the corner toward the gate, so she stepped out and made her way around. Roofus was trying to pull something  - a bag? – out from under the bushes by the gate.

She said Roofus’ name in a sharper tone, and he abandoned his prize and ran over to her. Kelly walked over to the bushes, reached down, and extracted the item he’d been tugging at from the foliage. Right away, she knew what she was looking at. One of Zack’s overnight diapers, and a snap-suit, most likely the ones she’d put him in before she left for the run with Donna & Maddy. As she stood up, her eyes caught the latch on the gate; the carabiner clip that she used to keep it secure was hung over the latch, rather than through it. She put it back through the eyelets on the latch, and then shewed the dog toward the house and in through the door.

Kelly made her way up to Maddy’s room, pausing to toss the bundle from the bushes onto the floor in Zack’s bedroom. Maddy was standing in a corner, facing the wall as asked. Kelly ignored her and went over to her dresser, opening her underwear drawer. Her hand hunted through the contents until she came upon a plastic packet at the bottom of the drawer at the back, which she extracted. The new 7-pack of panties had been opened. Kelly did a quick count; one pair was missing.

“Come over her, Maddy.”

Maddy turned and walked over toward Kelly, eyes wide over the pink shield of her pacifier.

“Did you open your new panties, young lady?” Kelly asked with a stern tone.

“Nofe.” Maddy responded.

Kelly looked at Maddy. The kid was generally an open book to begin with, and on top of that, she’d been wearing pull-ups since the day before, so, it struck her as very unlikely that she’d have opened up the package, or taken anything from it. She wouldn’t have come downstairs and played with the evidence while she was being changed, either. It just made no sense.

“Maddy, you can head downstairs and have your drink – I left it on the kitchen table. You may leave your pacifier on your bedside table for tonight, unless you want to take it downstairs with you.”

Maddy shook her head for no, extracted her pacifier with a quick hand, and skipped out of the room. Kelly took the opened packet of panties into Zack’s room and picked the bundled diaper and snap-suit up off the floor, unrolling them on top of his dresser. The snap-suit looked none the worse-for-wear, and the diaper seemed to be mostly undamaged as well. There was a frayed edge on the waistband at the back where Roofus had been tugging at it, but it was 99% intact. She left them there and headed over to the kids’ bathroom, pulling another pacifier from a drawer, and taking it back to the dresser, to place next to the diaper. Then she folded the snap-suit and placed it into one of his drawers, before heading downstairs.

She considered calling Tanner’s mom, but imagined that they’d probably be in the theatre right now, and she’d either have her ringer off, or she’d be unappreciative of a phone call. This would have to wait until Zack got back. That was fine, that left her some time to consider her options. And, some time to shop. She opened her laptop and went to Dr. Paige’s site, clicking on the shopping link, which now automatically recognized Zack’s patient number. Clearly, Dr. Paige, and particularly the helpful pharmacist, Mr. Burke, had, with the benefit of experience, been prescient in knowing that sooner or later, she was going to need some assistance with diaper tampering. She was glad that she’d already picked up the items she had, but, she was going to need more. Maddy sat at the kitchen table in her pull-up, drinking from her sippy cup, idly watching.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 17
On 2/9/2023 at 3:41 PM, Pierry Louys said:

That was a good chapter I sensing Kelly wanting to baby Zack more and more , maybe she wants to fill the void since her don’t have children ! And zacks father don’t care what her do with Zack , since he don’t want to be bothered! Really want to Zack take an advantage from his situation and start a bond with Kelly since she gonna change and take care of him !!

Workaholic fathers are a dime a dozen, and there is a lot of data that's been sifted to become predictive.  Children like Zack first become emotionally estranged from the parent, building a wall around their egos to protect themselves from the consequences of the growing realization that they are not loved.  Zack's wall will be firmly in place by age 14.  Regardless of her efforts, Kelly will simply get caught up in the wash, and she in turn will go through a long process of self-examination when it becomes obvious to her that her stepson is totally alienated from his family.  When Zack leaves home, as a matter of cold, hard statistics, he is unlikely ever to return.  The evidence for what is likely to happen to Maddie is far more grim.

• Like 2

lol at the guy above who keeps responding as if this is real life. It’s a site where the usual stories involve magic, hypnosis, or another dimension, and the emotional availability of the parents is your line in the sand? You’re coming on kind of intense (to use a euphemism), my dude.

• Like 3

Part of Kelly seems to genuinely care for Zack and Maddie, and another part seems to enjoy having control and being obeyed like they're little soldiers and she's a general instead of a parent-child relationship with talking and bonding. She's taking a very authortarian approach, and that could be from her having no parenting experience, or how she was raised, or a variety of factors. Either way, I'm still on the fence about how much she truly cares about the kids- does she have their best interests, or does she just want to be obeyed? Will she bond with the kids, or morph into a stepmonster?

• Like 3
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 62