LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Scanning DPF, etc papers

BitterGrey

I've been slowly gathering an archive of papers from early on in the community, currently a couple boxes. It is mostly catalogs, DPF newsletters, stories, etc. To free up some space, I might scan them into pdfs. (Yes, this will mean a lot of DPF PDFs.) I've been building an index, but haven't converted it to html yet.

Posting the full archive online isn't an option, at least for now. It includes a couple years of DPF newsletters that contain a lot of personal information. Granted, all of it is 20 years old or older, but this might not be enough to eliminate to privacy concerns. Copyrights might also be a concern. The scans might only be shared confidentially with other researchers and ABDL history buffs.

Would anyone know of other archives of community papers? If a particular item has already been scanned, we might not need to scan it again. (There is a collection of 70s and 80s Magazine Articles About ABDL/Infantilism at archive.org that is very well-presented. However, it includes only covers and specific articles. These scans might be more cover-to-cover, except for rosters.)

Take care,

Grey

https://understanding.infantilism.org/

• Like 3

Anything from Amber E/Mommy Florence and INFANTAE Press. There was also BLADDER CHATTER, printed on colored paper on a dot matrix printer, out of CT in the middle '80's. That was the publication of a one-person outfait run by someone named Danica who also sold plastic items of clothing on the side

I do not know where such things may be archived, I just remember them. As to INFANTAE. any of Carolyn's Kids may know or even have some of the publications since she and INFANTAE were close in the '80's

I wonder if Bytemine/Wetville could be found on the Wayback Machine

Maybe you canmakeadealwith DailyDi to store the materialhere. The materialfrom the '80's would be over 32 years old

@BitterGrey

I myself do not know any other places where you have archived or stories or archived documents that have to do with the AB community. I have reading stories for a long time, and I knew of DPF during the infancy of the Internet when it was Coming to its own. it is unfortunate that we lost tommy and others in the community, because some of the information that is there is and should be archived for future use. I understand that there may be documents that may have personal information or old personal information about certain individuals posted within the documentation. In a way, these documents may be something that may want to be archived similar to the National Archives when important decisions are made, or president's make letter letters or speeches or things and then they are put in the National Archives. We don't have the National Archives for this type of stuff, but it would be nice to be able to do that.

Being that I run a thrift store in a church, I always have to be careful. This is because we have so many different people that have worked with us over the last 14 years, that we have pictures Of events and things that have happened over the last 14 years, and some of our volunteers have left us to do other things, or they have passed away. I am very careful not to post pictures of people who would not give their consent for their picture to be taken and post and posted. one of the things that we have to be careful of is that for example, we had a former posture that served eight years in his position at my church.  He took a lot of pictures, with a lot of people in them. because he is no longer the pastor of my church, any picture that he is in, I can no longer post. this is at his direction, so I have to be extra careful what I post Because I don't want to infringe on someone's privacy or their rights.

There are a lot of sites that have been around over the last say 20 To 25 years or so. When it comes to stuff like this, I am the baby of the pack, and I'm not sure How many of them still exist. DPF and other places that had information or stories from other authors was one place where we could share information. There are possibly others that I am not aware of, but sometimes the age of the content is something that we have to be Aware of. it would be nice to be able to have one place that we would be able to go to to be able to pull that content back up. the only problem is, if there are any information that an author would not want posted, we'd have to redact that information so that that information is no longer there. if a author is still Active and online, we could then be able to get his or her permission to post their content, but this can cause a quagmire because we would be spending a lot of time trying to get permission to be able to post information, lest you end up with people asking you to pull their content from the web.

As I said above I would love to have a place that we would be able to go to see some of the Content of the past. However, we don't want anyone who is doing such an incredible thing to be getting in trouble with copyrights because the idea of posting these is to make sure that they don't somehow Fall off the Internet and not be able to be seen again period from what I understand DPF was A good place to get information, talk to friends, and get opinions about things. From what I understand tommy was the grandfather of things like this, so some of his writings and other Responses should be archived somewhere and placed online, but the problem is where and how do we do it without getting any one like yourself in trouble? I do not know but I would be interested in knowing where we could get access to such documentation, because there are so many sites that have been and are already gone. I would also like to point out that daily diapers for example is a good site because they give information and it is there for people for people to look at, And also, in my opinion mikey would not allow something to be posted the he thought would be detrimental to the community, Or something that is blatantly false or inaccurate. As times change, so would people's opinions, but I would like to be able to see some of these some of these documents at some point, but as I said I wouldn't want anyone getting in trouble trying to undertake such a Gargantuan and Herculian task.

Good luck and keep us advised!

Brian

It's fortunate that there are still physical copies that can be duplicated and preserved.   Not so with the digital world to which everyone seems hell-bent on moving towards (streaming music, video, applications).   Nothing physical anymore... and if that service goes flop.... the data it had is gone.    As far as any documents with personal info.  What about first doing a copy of any pages, then redacting them before scanning?   That preserves the originals but eliminates those concerns.  You would need to do that before scanning because you can't exactly redact a PDF after the fact (it could conceivably be reversed). 

As far as "The "internet archive", it is only a shell of what was out there.  You can pull up references to a long-since-gone web site, but try and access the data that the links refer to and it's frequently just dead space.  That's especially true where content would by dynamically generated, or pulled from a 2nd source (like streamed audio/video). 

That’s a great topic and I’ve also recently found some great retrospective material about ABDL. In particular, the double-episode series by Love In Brief, as well as a couple of y*utube videos. One (by diaperperv) may be the stash of DPF material which you are referring to, in which she does a sort of “video tour” perusal of a bunch of the old print newsletters.  There is also a video of the 1990 Baby Weekend hosted by Tommy/ DPF and yes, it certainly features people introducing themselves etc.  I wonder if they ever imagined that footage could be available on such a widespread platform at the www. / y-tube?

Regardless, what you have is a treasure. You may want to seek out somebody from the Leather Archives & Museum or similar organizations who have taken on the similar task of preserving the history of the Leather Community. That’s not to say they are the same thing, but enough common ground exists to look at the LA&M for lessons on how to go about preserving records of the past.