LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rearz upping capacity

Spanky

Just saw an email from Rearz that their Dinosaur diapers are now rated at 8,500ml.  That has to be truly amazing,  if it is correct.   

I love their Mermaid Tales ?‍♀️ diapers and haven't tried the Critter Caboose yet.   8,500 ml is greater than both of those diapers. 

I'm definitely going to have to get some to try

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Just saw an email from Rearz that their Dinosaur diapers are now rated at 8,500ml.  That has to be truly amazing,  if it is correct.   

I love their Mermaid Tales ?‍♀️ diapers and haven't tried the Critter Caboose yet.   8,500 ml is greater than both of those diapers. 

I'm definitely going to have to get some to try

Wow! That's amazing!???♥️? I absolutely LOVE their Dino Diapees!!!!?????? They're one of my FAVORITES. I can't WAIT to try some!???♥️???????♥️??

• Like 2

Saw that same email (that feeling you had that someone was looking over your shoulder -- yeah, it was me! ? )    Guess they must have felt that they needed to "keep up with the Joneses"... or in this case Tykables.  Thing is... I can't even fill up their "standard capacity" diapers...   Thinking I might want to stock up on some before the "normal" ones are gone.  But the clearance discount isn't really all that tempting of a discount. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Saw that same email (that feeling you had that someone was looking over your shoulder -- yeah, it was me! ? )    Guess they must have felt that they needed to "keep up with the Joneses"... or in this case Tykables.  Thing is... I can't even fill up their "standard capacity" diapers...   Thinking I might want to stock up on some before the "normal" ones are gone.  But the clearance discount isn't really all that tempting of a discount. 

Maybe it will lead to a diaper capacity war.

15,000ml capacity,  good for up to 48 hours.

Not practical at all,  but the waddle would be amazing. 

• Like 2

I haven't tried their Dino's, but I have both their Mermaid Tales and Critter Cabooses in inventory. As is always the case with such claims, the ISO numbers are more useful for comparison purposes than for the prediction of how much a product could actually hold, because in my experience, 8500 ml.... 8.5 litres, 8500 grams, in other words, 8.5 KG... 18.7 pounds of liquid containment... could only be attained if one were sitting in a bathtub. Any motion, gravity, compression... IE, doing anything other than lying stalk-still, would cause the dam to break. 

I've weighed a few maximum capacity products, and if you get 3000 ml into a diaper during normal use without some of it coming out, it's a good diaper. You'd have to hang from the ceiling like a bat, and/or engage in gymnastics, to access the upper rear corners of the stuffing without first overwhelming the lower core. 

That said, Rearz' Mermaid Tale, and their InControl Elite Hybrid, are among the best-performing products I have ever experienced. So I'd have faith that if they're saying the Dino's are in the same league, then they are probably going to provide more useful range than most products, although probably not a couple of gallons worth. 

In any case, I find diapers from all manufacturers that land at the maximum end of the capacity spectrum to be of limited use to me, because most days, I end up having to go somewhere at some point, so wearing a giant diaper is impractical, from a discretion perspective, and, pushing it anywhere near it's failure point would be unwise. I only strap on a Mermaid Tale if it looks like I'm going to spend the next 16 hours or so at home. I can waddle around the house in one, but I wouldn't venture further out than taking the dog to the end of the driveway. 

• Like 3

The innovation is pretty astounding, and no doubt it will be really useful for incontinent folks. To me, however, 8500ml is too much... I already feel like I waste the 6500 ml diapers if I don't use them completely.

• Like 1

Mermaids do have a large capacity, I just finished a trip from Bradenton, Fl. to Just North of Columbus, Oh. Only stopped for food and to let my dog pee. and a 2 hr. rest stop wearing and using a Mermaid. (pee only), I did not find any leaks, and Yes it was very full and heavy when I removed it at home. I think that was about 24 hrs. in the same diaper. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, dondl2 said:

Mermaids do have a large capacity, I just finished a trip from Bradenton, Fl. to Just North of Columbus, Oh. Only stopped for food and to let my dog pee. and a 2 hr. rest stop wearing and using a Mermaid. (pee only), I did not find any leaks, and Yes it was very full and heavy when I removed it at home. I think that was about 24 hrs. in the same diaper. 

Wow. That's amazing.   Mermaid Tales ?‍♀️ are probably my favorite diapers right now.   I'm in one right now. 

How well did it control odor after 24 hours?  Were you starting to get ammonia smell from all that urine?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Spanky said:

How well did it control odor after 24 hours?

I've worn one for 24 hours before, although I would say that I used it for about 16, because I'm an inconsistent bedwetter, and I almost always do #2 on the potty, and some #1 accompanies that, so, it wasn't a true 24 hour endurance test. That said, there was pee from yesterday accompanying me in the latter hours of that sojourn, and I would say that the Mermaid Tale did a remarkable job of controlling the conversion of urea to ammonia. I have cloth diapers that start to smell "diaperish" after a few hours, whereas the 'Tale seems to really be able to halt that process for quite a while, which is also better for the skin. 

• Like 1

My nighttime diaper is a Rearz Incontrol with a Liveanew booster. Maybe together they are 8500ml. I drink probably 3 glasses of water before bed to keep me hydrated. For me I need the extra capacity. If I dont drink much water I can go forever but I typically require lots of water. This does ensure I change more often (2 hours for a 6 hour diaper), but keeps the smell way down. I personally have no desire (or ability) to wear a diaper for more than 12 hours (and then only if I wear to bed). Too stinky, my skin is too sensitive.

• Like 2

My surges also require the higher capacity, especially with a long commute to work. I’d say the critter cabooses can last anywhere from 6-14 hours depending on liquid intake. I have to drink quite often to keep headaches at bay and the more I drink the more it comes out.

i seem to run into the issue of total front saturation that then pushes out the side or, if it is contained, starts to seep out the back of the legs. I have yet to find a fit that seals it completely back there, but that many hours means I stay dry. I am definitely going to try the dinosaurs and see if an extra 500 is noticeable

• Like 1

I like thicker diapers but i still tend to leak be for ever coming close to the half capacity an never near full capacity. I have use an enema bag and nozzle to control the location of the water but never been able to make them work to high capacity naturally

• Like 2
5 hours ago, baby vinny said:

I like thicker diapers but i still tend to leak be for ever coming close to the half capacity a never near full capacity. I have use an enema bag and nozzle to control the location of the water but never been able to make them work to high capacity naturally

Agreed. The bottleneck of the hourglass ensure press out leaks before it wicks to the back, but the high capacity still makes it last significantly longer which makes it worth it to me

On 11/3/2022 at 6:18 AM, Spanky said:

Maybe it will lead to a diaper capacity war.

15,000ml capacity,  good for up to 48 hours.

Not practical at all,  but the waddle would be amazing. 

Technically it would be a 10-12 hour with a real world preformance of 5000 ml(15,000-66% to factor in urine not being purely water). It would be a equivalent of wearing a Huggies Overnights or a Bambo Nature diaper.

• Like 1