LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Able to wet

I am struggling with being able to just wet my diaper without thinking. It happens automatically when I am standing or walking without even aware it is happening. The struggle is when I am sitting or laying down that doesn't work. I have to concentrate and push real hard to wet myself. Any suggestions?

58 minutes ago, Diaperdaddy2000 said:

I am struggling with being able to just wet my diaper without thinking. It happens automatically when I am standing or walking without even aware it is happening. The struggle is when I am sitting or laying down that doesn't work. I have to concentrate and push real hard to wet myself. Any suggestions?

@Diaperdaddy2000

the easiest way to wet your diaper in a laying down position is to make sure that you can do it in a standing position a sitting position or walking position. You've already been able to wet your diaper when you are standing still, and when you are walking. Now you have to master the skill of being able to release your bladder when you're laying down or in other positions. The first thing I would suggest is that you when you are in bed, make sure that you are in a comfortable position where it feels good to you. Positioning is important, because you don't want to be in a position where you are dealing with arthritic response, having pain or anything like this. If you're in a comfortable position, it's a lot easier to let all of your muscles relax when you feel the need to release.

There are people that will ask me the same question: they want to know how to wet your diaper.For those that don't wear diapers every day 24/7, the easiest way to learn that is to wear them as much as you can, and then learn to be able to release when you feel the need. If you're wearing 24/7, this is a lot easier to do , because all you have to do is practice your release. By practicing your release, you do not run the risk of flooding your diaper on the first shot, and if you can relax your bladder in bursts , you will allow the diaper time to be able to absorb what it is being filled with . Short bursts are always the best shot, because then you won't flood the diaper. If you have to go flat on and you are like a water hose that can't stop, you run the risk of a flood out.

back to the matter hand: the best way to be able to learn to what your diaper in your situation is to find a comfortable position where you feel you can relax. What I noticed about me is sometimes it helps to bring your legs to your chest, or be able to put your legs in a position where they are closer to your stomach. This does not necessarily mean that you should pull your legs directly here stomach and hold them there, unless that might help you to establish a good position to release. It takes practice to be able to release when you feel the need. Potty training is used to be able to teach young children that you should use the toilet when you feel the need. These automatic autonomic responses are hard to be able to counter mand, and that is where the training comes in. You have to tell your body that it is OK to wet your diaper, and you have to tell your body to release when it needs to.

This is why I recommend that anyone who wants to be able to become a bedwetter or whatever, or one person who wants to become incontinent start wearing diapers 24/7. The only way you're going to learn to be able to release is to train your body to say that you can release in a diaper, because it's OK. You have to overcome the safety locks in your head that say that you must use the bathroom and you must deposit waste in the toilet period since you're wearing it, the toilet is off limits, and you must use your diaper. However, you must train yourself to allow for this to happen. Once you overcome that safety lock, you can then train your bladder to release when it feels the need, and as you have already found out, you can release your bladder without even realizing that you've done it. That is what usually a baby will do. It doesn't know the difference, so it will release anything it's holding into whatever it is wearing, because that is the acceptable way to do things.

So as I said: the most important thing is your positioning. Once you master your positioning, then you can be able to work on your bladder so that it will know that it is OK to release. I can tell you from experience that once you master that, you better be careful, because sometimes you just have to go to the bathroom, and you have to release: I've had a torrent release where I just can't control it and I'm just letting it all out, wearing a pair of trifectas over my diaper, being a mega Max, I rarely have to worry about leaks, but they do happen and they do cause issues and it is a reality. Just allow your body to relax and try different positions to find one that is comfortable, once you do that you're halfway home, because then you can work on your bladder, it is possible to do exactly what you're talking about, but it takes practice and it takes skill. You have to undo your potty training to some point, so that you can feel confident in releasing in a diaper. That is what you're trying to defeat, I'm not saying that you want to eliminate all your potty training, but you have to defeat the safety locks in your head to say that it is wrong to pee your pants or wrong to pee in a diaper or wrong to release in a diaper.

Good luck!

Brian

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Laying down is hard as things usually flow down. It takes time to get that point and is fraught with danger. Not in a bad way -- horizontal makes leaks a bigger problem as pee can flow out the sides, top or even around the legs when the seal is not tight enough. A good fit can help ally some of those concerns as can the addition of a stuffer. Just keep working at it and it will happen eventually.

As @~Brian~ relayed, get good at it standing up, next by sitting down, and finally laying down. It's taken me 25+ years of practice and sometimes it still doesn't happen. Don't set your expectations too high -- just go with the flow.

• Like 2

Sitting can be quite difficult as it puts just enough pressure on things to stifle the flow.   Especially if you're wearing clothes over your diaper. 

As far as lying down, I can only do it while lying on my back.  It might help if you put down a pad so that you "know" that you won't get the bed wet if you have a leak (and you will).   I used to buy the disposable pads from the local drug store, but eventually I just bought some reusable pads and eventually put a waterproof cover on my mattress.  Sure, I might have to wash the sheets, but at least the mattress is protected.   With that fear of ruining my mattress eliminated, I felt more at east just letting it happen - even if a bit of a leak occurs.

• Like 3

Takes time.  I did wet my diaper while laying on my stomach this morning getting my back massage.  Not a flood, just small amounts.  It is easier to wet standing or on your back or even sitting at my computer chair at home, but in that last case, my butt is well forwards on the front edge of my chair so no pressure cutting off the flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1