LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Doctorate in diapers

So after 7 years after dropping out of collage for a theater degree, I am going back to school for Psychology.  I have yet to pick my line of study or career but I am leaning toward sexual Psychology.

Now here’s the point to all of this.  What if I went down the fetish route and got a masters or doctorate in sexual phycology emphasizing on fetishes?  Do you think the ABDL world would be helped or harmed with my phycological exposure?  This is all a hypothetical as of now but I thought it could be an interesting topic. 

30 minutes ago, Luvschild said:

Do you think the ABDL world would be helped or harmed with my phycological exposure?  

I'd say it would depend upon what you do/ say and how you do/ say it. There have been psychology students before who have done work- studies or assignments or reports etc- on ABDL. I think there was a therapist or psychologist who wrote a book? (Not sure on that part).  If it's something you're interested in and feel strongly enough to devote many hours to it, then go for it.  Maybe your work will help start to normalize ABDL or at least get the normies to see us as not-so freakish. Chase after what you want in life/ go after your goals, and best of luck! 

And one question- do you mean psychology? I googled phycology and google said it's the the branch of botany concerned with seaweeds and other algae. That could also be an interesting line of study if one has a love of the ocean and algae. 

• Thanks 1

As a psychologist I would suggest you look at the possible applications of such a niche concentration. Do you want to pursue a masters in research or counseling? Research might offer a broader field with more work possibilities whereas counseling would require to branch out and expand your services. Also sex therapists are still considered outside the mainstream so be prepared to look for work in larger cities. This is sometimes a hang up for some people. My advice is to not lock in to any area of study until you have completed your bachelors degree and seen all the various fields psychology has to offer. I originally went in thinking I was going to pursue a degree in child psychology and ended up choosing trauma counseling 

• Like 2

I don't think ABDL would be harmed at all by having people study it. I do think you should consider how you might be harmed by choosing ABDL as your research subject though. Undertaking a PHD program would require data gathered under rigorous controls and supervision. It might be difficult to claim there is no bias in your research and conclusions if you are ABDL yourself. I think your continuing your education is admirable and I don't want to discourage you in any way.

Hugs,

Freta

• Thanks 1

I agree Freta. I switched careers after working as a musician for years and living out of a suitcase im my teens and 20s for  something more stable. I chose counselling. I want to work with clients from 8 to 80 with issues of all kinds, yet, I’d be lying if I said part of my reason for pursuing counselling as a career wasn’t to do with me being  AB/DL. I think in the right context and in the right hands our  collective experience in this lifestyle  can provides something of value be that helping others with their come to terms with their own kinks or contributing to better research/ understanding of kink. No, we are never never gonna be mainstream but kinky people provide an interesting and misunderstood perspective in most psychology textbooks. 

• Like 1