LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is nobody dry anymore?!

4 hours ago, Greg03 said:

This was really not the discussion I was hoping to have here. The age and trends of the potty training of infants are totally irrelevant here.

My point is that it seems that far more people now have some form of incontinence. By people I mean adults who are younger than the typical age for these issues to develop. No, they are not full time diaper wearers but do wear protection regularly.

the huge increase in products available for this would suggests there’s an increased demand. Sorry, but middle aged adults don’t just start wearing incontinence products because of marketing campaigns.

You are correct, middle aged adults don't just 'start' wearing protection just because of advertising campaigns, but the advertising campaigns do give answers. They are designed that way.

An average middle aged working adult is being trained by advertisements

• to loose weight by joining a gym
  • to eat this new and more healthy snack food (Avacados / 7 fruits etc)
  • to drink at least 1 pint / gallon / litre etc of 'pure' water that has been in the earth longer that the earth exists
  • to stay young looking (Oil of Olay etc...)
  • to use this/that bank
  • to use this/that life insurance
  • to use this/that funeral arangements
  • to release x equity from one's house

and the list goes on and on. What is also added to this is the constant need to improve in ones job; to brag/oversell oneself when with friends; and much more.

All the above creates a very stressful life where most people don't take time for themselves. They are up roughly 30-45 minutes before they need to leave the house in the morning, guzzle a coffee and a snack bar, in the commute to a thankless job where their boss /supervisor wants x documents etc. yesterday, but might only growl if you give it to him/her before lunch - a document that takes 6 hours to prepare. As a result, lunch, if it exists, is a quick snack. You are drinking the pure water to stay hydrated sand have little time to visit a bathroom. As a result, when you rush to deliver the document, you need to go to the bathroom before and after that meeting - and due to the stress and presure of the job, you might make your pants a little wet.

Now, after all that, when you see an advertisement of how 'easy' the person's life is by wearing a diaper / disposable underwear, the next time you are in a supermarket etc., you get a pack - just in case. After all, according to the advertisement, nobody knows. Even you can't see the lines of the disposable garment on the actor - and it holds so much!

@Goerge, if we rush in life, we do not have the time to evaluate all the information comming at us. This is the 'game' that advertisers use to sucker us into buying products that we, in reality, never needed. So, in a way, you are both correct and wrong. Protection advertising campaigns on their own do not convince middle aged to wear diapers... it is the rest of the advertisements combined with the livestyle that is being sold that convinces middle aged.

A worldwide pandemic that occured in the past number of years ( I can't name it according to the rules here) has, due to the concept of working from home, has allowed a lot of people to 'step back' and re-evaluate their life choices. The reason that most companies worldwide was rushing to get people back to work was not about money and lost profits, it was to prevent their staff realising how much they were being used and abused by said companies.  

11 hours ago, babykeiff said:

You are correct, middle aged adults don't just 'start' wearing protection just because of advertising campaigns, but the advertising campaigns do give answers. They are designed that way.

An average middle aged working adult is being trained by advertisements

• to loose weight by joining a gym
  • to eat this new and more healthy snack food (Avacados / 7 fruits etc)
  • to drink at least 1 pint / gallon / litre etc of 'pure' water that has been in the earth longer that the earth exists
  • to stay young looking (Oil of Olay etc...)
  • to use this/that bank
  • to use this/that life insurance
  • to use this/that funeral arangements
  • to release x equity from one's house

and the list goes on and on. What is also added to this is the constant need to improve in ones job; to brag/oversell oneself when with friends; and much more.

All the above creates a very stressful life where most people don't take time for themselves. They are up roughly 30-45 minutes before they need to leave the house in the morning, guzzle a coffee and a snack bar, in the commute to a thankless job where their boss /supervisor wants x documents etc. yesterday, but might only growl if you give it to him/her before lunch - a document that takes 6 hours to prepare. As a result, lunch, if it exists, is a quick snack. You are drinking the pure water to stay hydrated sand have little time to visit a bathroom. As a result, when you rush to deliver the document, you need to go to the bathroom before and after that meeting - and due to the stress and presure of the job, you might make your pants a little wet.

Now, after all that, when you see an advertisement of how 'easy' the person's life is by wearing a diaper / disposable underwear, the next time you are in a supermarket etc., you get a pack - just in case. After all, according to the advertisement, nobody knows. Even you can't see the lines of the disposable garment on the actor - and it holds so much!

@Goerge, if we rush in life, we do not have the time to evaluate all the information comming at us. This is the 'game' that advertisers use to sucker us into buying products that we, in reality, never needed. So, in a way, you are both correct and wrong. Protection advertising campaigns on their own do not convince middle aged to wear diapers... it is the rest of the advertisements combined with the livestyle that is being sold that convinces middle aged.

A worldwide pandemic that occured in the past number of years ( I can't name it according to the rules here) has, due to the concept of working from home, has allowed a lot of people to 'step back' and re-evaluate their life choices. The reason that most companies worldwide was rushing to get people back to work was not about money and lost profits, it was to prevent their staff realising how much they were being used and abused by said companies.  

Sorry, but “normal” people do not buy a packet of pull ups because it might make their lives easier. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greg03 said:

Sorry, but “normal” people do not buy a packet of pull ups because it might make their lives easier. 

I think that you might have that slightly wrong.

Point #1

Mathematical

There are, on average, 200-300 online on this site 24/7 and over 5,000 members. Worldwide, the global adult diaper sales are set to reach $50+ billion. Add baby diapers, and the sales are set to reach $127+ billion. (see: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1325252/adult-and-baby-diapers-global-market-value/). Simple maths gives us a calculation of baby diapers at $77 billion for a population of 0-5 year olds of 671 million.

77b /52 (weekly) / 671m should roughly equal cost of baby diaper pack for a week, but it equates $2.20. To correct these figures, we have to factor in cloth diapers and almost 1/3 to 1/2 of the world population do not use diapers at all.

Calculating only adult diapers :-

That is about 1 billion per week. At the average cost of a pack of adult diapers at roughly $20 each, that calculates at (1 billion / 20) 50 million users in a world population of approx. 8.465 billion (see https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-worlds-population-2020-by-age/) That is a 8.465billion: 50 million OR 864.5:5 OR 169.3:1 who purchase / use diapers.

What is usually not added to the world total figures are the aging population of India and China; the cloth diaper usage and the inserts / pads etc as a 'stop gap'.

This roughly makes 1%+ of the world population use some form of protection.

Point #2

Manufacturers do not make a product without at least, doing some market research. Once this is done, they attempt to increase their market share.

Point #3

What is a normal person? It is something that we all aspire to, if we are that foolishly enclined, OR something that the popular kid at school said they are! Can you prove to me (or anyone) that you are normal, or that anyone is? It reminds me of a quotes by Frank Burns / M*A*S*H*

"Unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free."

"Individuality is fine, as long as we all do it together"

The "normal" you are referring to is virtual, an item on a graph, the median in a list.... i.e. fictional.

People try and fit in, but will fail. People aim to be perfect, but perfection is illusive. This doesn't mean that people give up. There are people and sheeple (term for group that follows the crowd). There are no correct answers in life, as it is a journey, not a destination.... and mistakes will be made. If we are smart enough, we brush ourselves off and try something different.

With all the choices available, some choose diapers / pull-ups etc as a way of addressing 'weeping' issues rather that stepping back and evaluating the root problem. We usually can't accept that we made a wrong decision. It is scary to resign / quit a job and change direction. Most of us don't know how. It is known in business that usually the first, second and third company that one sets up fails. Mostly it is due to not taking the chances when they appear. Othertimes, it is due to not recoqnising the opportunities. Very rarely is is due to the way a business is being run, because the act of quitting a job and taking the chance to start ones own business tends to focus the mind. Yet, most successful business owners think that their first business would have been a success only if they had been more focused on some part of admin or other.

Experience takes time to gain, is expensive, and mostly we learn from our mistakes (hopefully). The greatest error in human history is procrastination.

“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank, Jewish diarist

“Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, French military and political leader

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 11:23 PM, Greg03 said:

Hey

i don’t post that often but I really wanted to get everyone’s opinion on something.

is it just me, or has there been a big increase in incontinence issues in the last few years? Especially amongst men who are much younger than the age you’d expect continence issues to creep in.

I’m early 30s, lifelong bedwetter, daytime control went about 5 years ago. Most of my friends growing up knew I wore diapers at night plus I come from a family with a history of bedwetting. Until a few years ago, I knew of no one outside of my family who had problems staying dry, now I know about 5 and these are people I’ve always known. I guess because of my own situation, people are more inclined to talk to me about it. No, of course not everyone is now in diapers full time, but they are using some form of incontinence product on a regular basis.

Mentioned this to my sister and she said exactly the same. That because her close friends are aware that her sons are bedwetters, she is often the one people talk to about similar issues.

I guess it kind of makes sense when you think about how the incontinence product market has grown. There must be demand and I know that it’s always been more common than people think. But I’m amazed at how common it’s become and wondered if anyone else has noticed similar or any ideas why.

I think like everything these days incontinence is out in the open more than it was years ago. Back when I was young it was never talked about. The mother's mafia discussed their kids bedwetting and that was about it. 

My grandmother was incontinent in old age but it was never talked about even though I it was quite obvious. Her heavily stained pants and sheets were always on the line and her house reeked of stale pee but no one ever talked about it. 

Nowadays the adverts make it just totally acceptable

Hey

i don’t post that often but I really wanted to get everyone’s opinion on something.

is it just me, or has there been a big increase in incontinence issues in the last few years? Especially amongst men who are much younger than the age you’d expect continence issues to creep in.

I’m early 30s, lifelong bedwetter, daytime control went about 5 years ago. Most of my friends growing up knew I wore diapers at night plus I come from a family with a history of bedwetting. Until a few years ago, I knew of no one outside of my family who had problems staying dry, now I know about 5 and these are people I’ve always known. I guess because of my own situation, people are more inclined to talk to me about it. No, of course not everyone is now in diapers full time, but they are using some form of incontinence product on a regular basis.

Mentioned this to my sister and she said exactly the same. That because her close friends are aware that her sons are bedwetters, she is often the one people talk to about similar issues.

I guess it kind of makes sense when you think about how the incontinence product market has grown. There must be demand and I know that it’s always been more common than people think. But I’m amazed at how common it’s become and wondered if anyone else has noticed similar or any ideas why.

I think like everything these days incontinence is out in the open more than it was years ago. Back when I was young it was never talked about. The mother's mafia discussed their kids bedwetting and that was about it. 

My grandmother was incontinent in old age but it was never talked about even though I it was quite obvious. Her heavily stained pants and sheets were always on the line and her house reeked of stale pee but no one ever talked about it. 

Hey

i wore to sporting events for many years and i find many non ABDLs out there are now wearing to events like Concert and music festivals nascar ect ect.

i wore  because i had been a bed wetter till 12 so i already had the like of diapers.

• Like 1