LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After the tumult of the ill-fated dinner party life returns to something tht almost resembles normal. But there are consequences and not all of them are going to be felt by Anna. In an effort to make things up to her husband she decides doing some chores could help.

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-80607985

My writing is my sole income so I appreciate each and every person who can help me pay the bills and fill the refrigerator. For $5 a month you can see everything I post one full week before the rest of the world. For $10 you can see the updates early AND you get access to 45 stories that are EXCLUSIVE for patrons. I post two updates of 2,000+ words a week. For more information on additional patron tiers and rewards (such as discounts on commissions or free stories) please check out my Patreon page:

https://www.patreon.com/Elfy88

Thank you everyone who supports me or who visits my page to check it out ❤️

---

The next day was quiet. Anna spent the day in the living room anxiously wondering what was happening across the hall. After all the chaos of the previous evening it seemed very anticlimactic. Ryan had headed out earlier in the day and hadn’t returned leaving Anna to do nothing but worry. She had a strong urge to go across the hallway and knock on the door. It would’ve been a stupid thing to do.

When Ryan finally came home he was looking harried and nervous. He ignored Anna as he walked straight through to the kitchen. Anna wondered if he was mad at her or if he was just distracted. She wasn’t sure what to say.

“Everyone knows.” Ryan finally said as he opened a beer. He had a wide-eyed look as if he had just seen some natural disaster first hand.

“Know what?” Anna asked.

“That I’m a loser!” Ryan shouted angrily. He put his beer down, “Words already spreading that I’m some pathetic beta that can’t keep my woman in line. Paul has told everyone.”

“Oh.” Anna looked down, “What do we do?”

“Why’d you have to do it?” Ryan asked as he looked at Anna bitterly, “Why’d you have to provoke Paul like that?”

Anna kept her eyes on the floor like a chastened schoolgirl. She knew it was her fault really, she had let her emotions get the better of her and she had created an awful situation for everyone. Thanks to her rash actions she had managed to get everyone in trouble. Paul’s reputation was in tatters and Jane was being threatened with being sent away, everyone she cared about was suffering because of her.

“He was treating Jane badly.” Anna replied quietly, “I got angry.”

“You can’t save the world.” Ryan sighed.

“So I’m just supposed to let that bastard do what he wants to Jane!?” Anna argued back. The flames of her anger were being kindled.

“Yes!” Ryan shook his head, “We’re in Sallas! What Paul does with Jane is his own business. It’s only because you’re with me that you aren’t in the same boat. If I was anyone else you’d be off to the Finishing School as well!”

“Finishing School?” Anna repeated slowly. She’d heard him say it but she had thought it was just to scare her, “Paul’s sending Jane to… We have to stop him!”

“Anna… Anna! No!” Ryan shouted.

Anna had reacted to the news Jane was being sent away in a predictably emotional way. Without a second of thought she turned to the door to go and intervene. Ryan hurried around the kitchen island and grabbed hold of Anna before she could reach the door.

“What is wrong with you!?” Ryan exclaimed.

“We have to help Jane!” Anna replied.

“Have you not been paying attention?” Ryan asked with exasperation, “You can’t save Jane.”

Anna could feel the anger descending on her. She pushed off of Ryan and stood back in the living room with her husband warily standing between her and the door. The old feelings of hopelessness and frustration boiled inside her. She looked at Ryan and didn’t see the man that had treated her so well but another male in a system designed to keep women down. Her fists were clenched and shaking by her side.

“It’s easy for you!” Anna finally screamed. She waved her arms in front of her and continued sarcastically, “Oh I’m SO sorry that you’re damn career might be hurt. It must be SO hard for you!”

“I’m not your enemy!” Ryan replied, “God, maybe Paul and my father are right…”

The colour seemed to drain from Anna’s face immediately. She shook her head slowly as she tried to process what Ryan had just said. She could see he was immediately regretting his last sentence but it was too late, the damage was done. Anna turned on her heels and ran to the bedroom.

“Anna!” Ryan called after her, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean-”

Anna slammed the bedroom door and threw herself on to the bed. She immediately burst into tears. She hit the pillows above her head in anger. A large part of her thought about running away, becoming one of the “strays” who wandered the streets until they were picked up and either returned to their men or to a Finishing School. She half-expected Ryan to come in but he didn’t, she was grateful. She needed space.

Anna fell into a fitful sleep after a while. She had no idea how long she had been on the bed before unconsciousness took her and she had no idea how long she had been asleep when she woke up again. The anger had largely dissipated to be replaced by an empty feeling of hopelessness. Outside the window the sun was starting to set.

With some distance from the argument earlier Anna felt a little bad. Ryan had done so much for her and she had been so ready to throw it back in his face. At the same time she still felt a lot of hurt from his comments. She didn’t know what to do, the side of her wanting to avoid confrontation begged her to stay in the room, the rest of her wanted to go out and see Ryan. Eventually she decided she couldn’t avoid him forever.

Anna opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. She was being as quiet as possible as she went through to the living area. She was somewhat surprised to see that Ryan wasn’t there. She frowned as she looked around and felt a little vulnerable. She wanted to clear the air but apparently that wasn’t going to be possible.

“I know…” Anna muttered to herself as she went through to the kitchen.

Since Anna had started being treated as an equal she hadn’t really done much cooking. It wasn’t that she hated doing it but Ryan seemed to want to go out of his way to make sure she knew he was willing to shoulder his share of the responsibility around the apartment. Preparing a nice meal would put them both in a good place to talk like adults.

Opening the fridge Anna was immediately disappointed. There wasn’t a lot in there. She was going to have to do something she never liked doing even in the best of circumstances. Anna was going to have to go to the store.

Back in the bedroom Anna got dressed. It was always strongly encouraged that women wore diapers or pull-ups when outside even if they were potty trained. If a woman was alone it was basically an unwritten rule. It was a rule Anna had no intention of following. She got dressed in panties with a knee-length skirt over the top and a pale pink top, something that could be considered adult or childish depending on who looked at it. Once ready she headed towards the front door and stopped in front of the harness.

The harness was a bigger deal. If women were going outside unaccompanied by their man they were supposed to have a note saying they had permission, they were still supposed to have their harness on. Anna didn’t want to put the harness on, she wasn’t even sure she could since the buckles that fastened it were out of reach on the back. She slipped the harness over her shoulders loosely, indeed she couldn’t tighten it up so she would have to be careful. She picked up a jacket and slipped it on over the harness.

Anna felt nervous about going outside but she had grown so tired of hiding around the home. It was going to be an easy trip, there was a small supermarket on campus just a couple of minutes away and all she had to do was get some ingredients and go home again.

Anna left the apartment and for a few seconds and stared at the door across the hall. She wondered if Jane was still in there and if there was anything she could do to help her. Ryan had been right though, she couldn’t save everyone, she couldn’t even save herself. It was a depressing but devastatingly realistic fact. Before she was too tempted to knock on the door and make matters worse she turned and walked down the hallway. She felt very alone as she went out into the sun.

Reaching into her pocket Anna pulled out a pacifier and slipped it between her lips. She felt like she was undercover, she was dressed like a Sallasian woman but she felt like anything but. As she started towards the store she tried to look as confident as possible, it was only halfway through the walk that she thought she was attracting even more attention that way. Being a woman walking alone she already stuck out like a sore thumb. Fortunately she found a man who wasn’t watching her and followed him a couple of steps behind, it seemed to fool most people that they were together.

The store soon loomed large and Anna stepped away from the random man she had been trying to discreetly follow. There was a notice in the window that attracted her attention. She stood to the side as myriad people walked in and out of the building in front of her.

“Seriously?” Anna muttered.

“New rules coming in to effect immediately.” The sign proclaimed in big bold black letters, “All girls are to be accompanied by their men. No exceptions.”

Underneath that first line was a dozen bullet points listing the other rules of the supermarket. What really caught Anna’s eye was that it wasn’t signed by the manager of the store but the Dean of the college. It felt ominous.

Anna was at a bit of a loss. She wanted to go in the supermarket and being told that she couldn’t only made her want it more. She really didn’t want to return home and have to come back with Ryan. She stood out in the open for a couple of minutes trying to work out what to do. She noticed she was attracting more attention, she had to decide what she was doing soon.

---

On 3/19/2023 at 9:49 PM, kerry said:

I admit I was expecting the three of them to gang up on Paul and push him out a window or something...

Whilst that would be VERY satisfying it would alter the story quite a bit :D

On 3/19/2023 at 10:35 PM, ABAlex said:

This is such a fun story! Loving it so far :)

Thank you :)

• Like 3

Anna is in quite the predicament. Caught in the store alone she doesn't know what will happen next, only that she is completely helpless.

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-one-80901440

My writing is my sole income so I appreciate each and every person who can help me pay the bills and fill the refrigerator. For $5 a month you can see everything I post one full week before the rest of the world. For $10 you can see the updates early AND you get access to 45 stories that are EXCLUSIVE for patrons. I post two updates of 2,000+ words a week. For more information on additional patron tiers and rewards (such as discounts on commissions or free stories) please check out my Patreon page:

---

“This is so stupid.” Anna whispered to herself.

Anna’s stubbornness ran right to her core. Despite living in Sallas for so long she had never had that streak stamped out of her. She wanted to buy some food and she wasn’t going to be stopped by a stupid sign with idiotic rules. She stood back and watched the people walking into the store, it was a busy time and she saw an opportunity. Just like on the way there she simply needed to find a guy and tail them close enough to avoid suspicion.

Anna had to wait a couple more minutes until she saw a young man who looked like a good prospective candidate. He had headphones in and was seemingly oblivious of a lot that was going on around him. There was a moment of hesitation where Anna wondered if she was really going to do this, it was certainly a risk. Of course she was going to do it, she wasn’t going to let someone tell her she couldn’t go to the store just because she was female.

When the man walked past Anna turned around and followed him in just a couple of steps behind. She grabbed a basket and walked past the security station, she got stared at but no one questioned her. She chewed on the pacifier that filled her mouth as she hurried followed the man she had walked in with.

It was like being a spy. Anna felt like she was behind enemy lines as she tried to both take the things she wanted to buy and follow the man close enough that no one gave her a second look. Remarkably it felt like she was doing a pretty good job, she had gathered most of the things she needed. It was when she picked up a plastic packet of beef mince that she turned around and saw that she was alone. Very conspicuously alone.

“Thit.” Anna lisped around the latex bulb filling her mouth.

Anna looked around but the only person she saw was a store employee. The young man was looking at her with a frown and Anna’s pulse quickened. She quickly turned away and hurried down a drinks aisle. She’d lost her cool and more people were looking her way as she hurried past. Anna looked over her shoulder for the employee when she nearly tripped over something in front of her. Suddenly the ground underneath her became ice and she fell heavily backwards with her legs flying high in the air.

Anna hit the ground with a thump that winded her. The pacifier spilled from her mouth and tumbled down the side of her face on to the floor. Her eyes were closed and she could feel a wetness underneath her butt, she slowly sat up as she could hear murmuring all around her.

“Are you alright?” The male employee Anna had seen before was now standing over her and looked shocked.

As Anna stood up she saw liquid on the ground between her legs. Her skirt had ridden high enough to show her panties and the harness had visibly slipped down her arms to show that it had never been properly fastened. She looked up at the employee with trepidation.

“You wet yourself!” The employee exclaimed as he pointed to the liquid around Anna, “Why aren’t you in diapers?”

“I… I didn’t!” Anna quickly tried to defend herself. She didn’t know where the liquid had come from but it must’ve been what she had slipped on to fall over in the first place.

“Where’s your man?” The employee asked as he looked around. The people around Anna were all shaking their heads to say they didn’t know her.

“I, erm…” Anna was still breathless from her fall but now she was hyperventilating a little. This was trouble. Really, really big trouble.

The longer Anna failed to answer the more the crowd around her seemed to make up their own minds. She was there alone and everyone was starting to realise it. She was shaking and still sitting in the puddle beneath her.

“Are you here alone?” The employee’s tone wasn’t angry or hostile. It was condescending, like he was talking to a lost child. Somehow that made the situation all the scarier.

“I just wanted to buy some food for my husband…” Anna said. She was too scared to sound like anything except anxious.

“You should come with me.” The employee said as he reached out a hand, “We’ll make sure you’re alright.”

Anna did not want to go with this man, this complete stranger, but she didn’t have many alternatives open to her. She tensed up as the employee’s hand came closer. Her arm shook as she lifted it to meet him, as soon as her wrists came in range the man’s hand grabbed her none too softly. Anna climbed to her feet awkwardly, the wet patch on her behind felt very uncomfortable and she could hear the men around her whispering to each other.

“Everything will be fine.” The employee said. He was smiling which Anna didn’t expect, “My name is Thomas. What’s your?”

“Anna…” Anna replied cautiously, “W-What’s going on? I can just go home and…”

“No, it’s fine.” Thomas said. He was pulling her down the aisle towards the back of the store, “Who’s your owner?”

“Owner?” Anna blanched at the thought.

“You have a husband here, right?” Thomas asked.

“Ryan.” Anna answered. She was bristling from being described as “owned” but she wasn’t going to push her luck when she didn’t know what was going to happen, “Ryan Manning.”

“Just through here.” Thomas said. He clearly wasn’t listening to Anna. It struck the young woman that she was being treated like a distressed lost child, being distracted whilst the adults sorted out the problem.

A set of double doors towards the back of the store was opened by Thomas as he pulled Anna through to a large warehouse like area that was full of stock. There were a few people in luminous vests walking about unloading a large truck. Anna was led to the side and a set of metal stairs.

“Where are we going?” Anna asked.

“We have provisions for lost girls.” Thomas replied.

At the top of the stairs Anna was taken through a door leading to a corridor that looked more like it was from an office block. It was like Anna had gone through a door to a totally different building. There was a room at the end of the corridor and Anna was led inside, the space was quite small and empty except for a couple of tables and chairs.

“Wait here.” Thomas said as he let go of Anna’s wrist.

“But wh-” Anna started. She was cut off as Thomas left the room and closed the door behind him.

Anna felt a shiver go down her spine. Her mind flashed to Jane who had apparently been taken away to that most horrid of places, Finishing School. Was that going to be her fate? She leaned on the table and tried not to panic. She was in a strange place with strange people and had no idea what was happening.

With tentative steps she walked over to the door and pulled on the handle. She found anxiety flooding her system as she found out it was locked. She tried to listen for anything happening on the other side but she couldn’t hear a thing. She tentatively knocked but no one came.

“You’re OK… You’re OK…” Anna repeated to herself several times, “Ryan will find you.”

Anna realised she was trembling as she waited for something to happen. In the end she was only alone in the room for about five minutes before she heard approaching footsteps. She turned around to face the door with trepidation, all of a sudden she didn’t want anyone to come in. There were some voices and the door opened. Thomas walked in with two other uniformed employees as well as a campus security guard who had a bag slung over his shoulder. Anna didn’t like the way Thomas was smiling at her.

“W-What’s going on?” Anna asked as she backed up against the table, “You can call my husband, Ryan Manning. He wi-…”

“All in good time.” Thomas said. He was walking forwards in front of the others, “We need to get you comfortable first.”

“Comfortable?” Anna asked.

Anna was backed up against the table and could only watch as the other two employees walked around to her sides. She was boxed in and like a cornered animal she had adrenaline flowing, she wanted to lash out and escape. When one of the employees reached out to grab her arm she tried to pull it away, when it was clear he wasn’t letting go she swung her other hand at him.

Anna’s open hand slapped the man who had grabbed her arm. If she was hoping for a moment to get her bearings she was left disappointed as the other men lunged for her. She struggled as much as she could but the men were much stronger. One by one her limbs were grabbed and there was nothing she could do except scream and try to inflict damage on her attackers.

“Get off me!” Anna screamed.

Anna was soon horizontal on the table. Her arms and legs were pinned against the wooden top and she started feeling creeping terror at what might come next. Up until now her fear had been of being dragged off to Finishing School now she was realising how vulnerable she was in this quiet room with four men who could physically control her.

“Relax.” Thomas said, “This will be a lot easier if you relax.”

“Just let me go!” Anna hated that she sounded like she was begging, “Please!”

Things were out of Anna’s control. Her skirt was pulled down and her panties followed shortly afterwards. Her top came off a few seconds later leaving Anna naked. She wanted to cover herself up but couldn’t as the employees held her arms down again. Her mind was racing as the security guard put his bag on the table next to her.

“She’s a fighter.” One of the employees holding Anna’s arm said.

“Not well trained at all.” The one holding her other arm nodded.

The security guard took hold of Anna’s legs as Thomas went over to the bag. As she heard the zip being pulled she closed her eyes and turned her head away, she could picture a lot of things coming out of that bag but none of them were good.

Anna heard a rustling noise and then a very familiar crinkling. She froze. Tentatively she turned her head to look at Thomas and saw that he was holding up a large diaper. Her eyes went wide and she started shaking her head.

“I… I don’t need those!” Anna quickly clarified. She flushed red as she continued, “Ryan potty trained me.”

“That’s not what these wet panties say, sweetie.” Thomas replied as he pointed at the soaked underpants.

“That was… I slipped in something!” Anna reasoned.

“Uh huh.” Thomas was smiling and his light tone of voice was getting on Anna’s nerves. He was talking to as if she was a simple child who couldn’t understand anything.

The diaper was noisily unfolded and Anna could feel herself tearing up. This would be devastatingly humiliating for anyone but for Anna, who prided herself on her independence and maturity it felt like the worst thing in the world. She sobbed as she half-heartedly continued to try and fight free. She was completely naked in front of these men and she so desperately wanted to cover up.

Anna looked down her body through her watery eyes and saw the flat diaper being placed between her legs. The two men holding her legs lifted them back over her head bringing her butt off the wooden surface. She had experienced many diaper changes in her past but it had been a while and these were complete strangers.

When her legs were let back down against the table it was with the padding underneath her. She briefly struggled again but she remained as useless in resistance as ever. It occurred to her that this seemed like a routine for these guys, they knew what they doing.

The diaper was pulled up between Anna’s legs and taped tightly closed around her waist. The feeling of thick padding underneath and around her crotch was something she hoped she would never experience again.

“See? It’s not so bad.” Thomas said as he gently patted the front of the diaper, “Now we’ll just get you dressed and you can be on your way.”

“Dressed?” Anna asked.

Looking to the side Anna could see the security guard reaching into the bag again. He used both hands to pull out a ball of vibrantly pink fabric and frills, it took Anna a moment to realise they were actually clothes. As the guard held them up and they unfolded she felt her mouth drop open. It was like the bag had been her mind and the security guard had reached in and pulled her worst nightmare out.

“You… You can’t be serious!” Anna struggled again, “You can’t make me wear that! Just call Ryan!”

“Very prone to tantrums, this one.” The security guard said with a chuckle as he brought the dress over.

Anna couldn’t resist no matter how much she wanted to. She pulled against the grips on her arms and legs without being able to free herself. The dress was brought over and Anna was pulled off the table and on to her feet. She was sniffing back tears in a desperate attempt to not let the men see how upset she was.

“Be a good girl.” Thomas said simply.

Indignation fought with fear to be the dominant feeling in Anna. Her arms were lifted up and the dress was pulled over her head. She felt it get pulled down until her head emerged from the pastel pink collar.

“A perfect fit.” Thomas said.

Anna hated every part of this dress. There were frills all over the cuffs and the hemline, the bottom of the dress ballooned out from the level of frills. Perhaps the worst thing was how short it was. Anna couldn’t see exactly how far down it went but she was sure the bottom of the thick diaper was poking out underneath it. This was exactly the kind of thing she had always desperately tried to avoid.

A pair of pink knee-length socks were pulled on to Anna’s feet. Thomas held out a pacifier but Anna resolutely kept her mouth closed as she stared daggers at the men around her. Thomas sighed.

“Am I going to have to get the gag?” Thomas asked as he tilted his head and raised his eyebrows, “I don’t want to…”

Anna knew there was no choice. If she resisted things would only be made worse. With a reluctance which she hoped conveyed how little she wanted to do this she turned back to Thomas and opened her mouth. Thomas popped the pacifier in and Anna bit down on it aggressively.

“OK, Moe, you can take her away.” Thomas said once Anna was dressed.

“Wait, what?” Anna wasn’t sure she had heard the store employee correctly.

The security guard, Moe, stepped forwards. He was a large guy and his arms showed the bulging muscles underneath. He reached out and grabbed Anna’s arm. Anna had thought, or perhaps hoped, that after this embarrassment they would let her go home but that now seemed a lot less likely.

“Get off!” Anna cried out. Panic gripped her at the same time as the security guard’s hand.

The security guard had no trouble pulling Anna closer to her. Anna’s arms were held to her side as she struggled. She could feel the guard lean down behind her.

“Listen… we can do this the easy way or the hard way.” Moe threatened, “Are you going to come quietly or will I have to get the stroller?”

When Anna thought of strollers she thought about Jane and the horrible contraption she had been strapped into. She shivered and froze up.

“Good girl.” Moe said.

Anna wasn’t able to leave the room right away. A harness, much thicker and sturdier than her one, was slipped on to her. She had to stand there as the straps were tightened around her shoulders and between her legs. Her diaper was pushed up closer to her body so the padding rubbed against her distractingly. A leash was clipped on to the back of the harness, the burly Moe held the other end.

“Alright, Moe is going to take you to a place where you’ll be nice and safe, alright?” Thomas said. His voice was still soft and almost parental in its tone.

Anna knew she didn’t have any choice. She swallowed hard and tried to stop anxiety from spilling out of her. She didn’t know what was going to happen next but she also knew it didn’t matter what she thought about it. She was shaking as she nodded her head. Surely they couldn’t send her off to Finishing School without speaking to Ryan… Right?

There was a yank on the leash and Anna stumbled backwards. She turned around and followed the guard with more than a little fear. She looked back over her shoulder to see Thomas give her a wave goodbye.

Anna felt like she was stunned as she was led back down towards the supermarket. The diaper between her legs was thicker than any she had worn in the past and her legs were forced further apart than she was used to. She felt like she was waddling like a penguin, the diaper crinkled and no matter how much she pulled down the diaper was poking out underneath the dress.

“Where are we going?” Anna asked nervously.

“You’ll find out soon.” Moe replied, “Honestly, I don’t know why they let people bring their wives here, it’s nothing but trouble. You girls just can’t help it, I understand, you’ve got smaller brains and…”

“Are you taking me to Finishing School?” Anna interrupted. She swallowed hard and felt like she was about to throw up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anna is taken away to a place she certainly didn't want to be visiting. When Ryan hears about it he rushes to the scene to bring his wife home but finds a nasty surprise as it turns out the punishment isn't a one time affair.

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-two-81247030

---

“Finishing School?” Moe chuckled, “Of course not.”

Anna felt as if a tremendous weight had been lifted. The worst case scenario was taken away but that left her wondering what was going to happen. They weren’t taking her home so there must be somewhere else. If they would only let her contact Ryan this would all be sorted out immediately.

Anna was quickly distracted as she noticed Moe was leading her towards the doors back in to the main shopping area. She dug her heels in and though Moe could likely have dragged her out he stopped when he felt the leash get pulled tight.

“Can… Can we go out a back way?” Anna asked as her cheeks went pink. She was looking down at the humiliating outfit she was wearing.

“No.” Moe replied simply.

Before Anna could continue arguing Moe pulled on the leash and opened the door to the store. With a yelp Anna was pulled out into the busy supermarket. As she emerged into the bright artificial light of the main shopping area she saw everyone’s eyes turning to face her. This was the worst thing Anna could possibly imagine. She looked more like a baby than any of the other women in the store. She dropped her gaze to the ground as her eyes shimmered with tears.

“Come on…” Moe tugged gently on the leash a couple of times.

Anna waddled forwards and felt like crowds were lining the aisles to watch her. It felt like some kind of medieval punishment and she was being dragged to the stocks to be pelted with rotten fruit. Her diaper crinkled loudly, it was loud enough to attract the attention of anyone who wasn’t already staring at her.

Shuffling along the shiny floor Anna followed Moe in silence. Her infantile dress was so wide that she couldn’t help but brush people as she walked past. Whenever she dared to glance up she saw other women, most looked sympathetic but some seemed almost jealous of what she was wearing. The men almost universally found the sight funny. Anna flexed her fists but knew she was already in enough trouble, the last thing she wanted was to get into more trouble.

Moe led the way out through the entrance and Anna stepped outside nervously. There were less people around now which was a small mercy but their destination was still a mystery. She was led past the apartments that held all the married couples and eventually she realised they were going to the administrative building. That made her even more worried. She pulled back on the leash until it was pulled tight. Moe must’ve felt the leash stretching because he turned and saw Anna’s face gazing up at the large concrete building nervously.

“Come on, I don’t have all night. Sooner we get in there the sooner we can all go home.” Moe said tiredly.

Anna’s ears perked up at the word “home.” She followed the security guard up the path and through the sliding doors of the office building. She felt even more out of place dressed as she was since the building was staffed with men in suits and work dress. Anna came waddling in with her infantile dress and thick diapers whilst burning with embarrassment.

“What have we got here?” A man at the nearest desk said as Moe pulled Anna towards him.

“Hey, Bob.” Moe said, “Got a lost one unaccompanied in the store.”

“I’m not lost!” Anna finally looked up. She turned to Bob, “Sir, if you let me call my husband…”

“All in good time.” Bob didn’t even look at Anna as he cut her off. He was still looking at Moe, “Take her through to the nursery.”

“Nursery!?” Anna exclaimed loud enough to turn nearby heads, “Wait, wait, wait…”

Anna felt a tug on the leash and she stumbled forwards after Moe. She couldn’t believe she was being taken to a nursery but with how she was dressed it should’ve been obvious. She was led down a corridor to a door at the end, it looked like all the others except it said “Mr. Kenny’s Nursery.” Anna whined pathetically, she hated the way she sounded but she felt like a prisoner being taken to their cell. Moe knocked on the door.

“Come in.” A voice from inside called out.

Moe opened the door. Anna followed him inside and immediately felt sick by what she saw. It was certainly a nursery. It was like a room taken from a completely different building, it certainly didn’t seem like it fit in at the university.

Everything was, in Anna’s opinion, a sickening pastel colour. Pinks, whites and yellows filled the room. Anna couldn’t remember going to nursery as a child but she was sure it must’ve looked like this. There were six cribs placed along the far wall, each had a little chest of drawers next to it. There were two changing tables fully stocked with diapers and the rest of the large space was filled with toys and baby equipment. A rocking horse, a playpen, training potties, activity centres, art areas and even a quiet corner surrounded by childish books. Anna was horrified.

“Take me home!” Anna exclaimed as she pulled against Moe’s strong grip, “I’m not supposed to be here! Take me home!”

“Hush.” Moe calmly responded.

Anna kept pulling but made no headway. She had visions of being locked away in this nursery like a prison cell, never being allowed to leave as her brain turned to mush. She barely noticed as a middle-aged man walked over to Moe. He was handsome looking though age was starting to catch up to him, his hairline was receding slightly and there were tinges of grey on the edge.

“Good to see you, Moe.” Mr. Kenny said he reached out his hand to shake the security guard’s, “To what do I owe the pleasure.”

“Got another one, my friend.” Moe said, “Was in the store unsupervised. Poor thing got overwhelmed and wet herself before we could rescue her.”

“That’s not what happened!” Anna retorted angrily. With her shock subsiding anger was taking its place.

“It’s a bit late for new intake today.” Mr. Kenny said as he looked at his watch, “What were you thinking? Seven days residency?”

Anna wasn’t sure what was going on. The men were talking about her as if she was a child with no understanding of what was happening and for once it seemed warranted. She just looked between the two men as they discussed what to do with her.

“She apparently has a husband on campus so the residency seems unnecessary.” Moe said, “Seven day visits seems about right though.”

“Has her husband been called?” Mr. Kenny asked.

“Yeah, the manager of the store called him. He should be hear soon.” Moe replied.

“Was anyone planning to tell me about that!?” Anna demanded. She was ignored.

“Alright, I’ll get the forms ready.” Mr. Kenny said as he walked over to a nearby filing cabinet that was behind what reminded Anna of a teacher’s desk.

Anna folded her arms in front of her. On the one hand she was grateful that Ryan was coming to get her but on the other hand she hated the condescension everyone was treating her with. She didn’t know what this nursery was about and she didn’t know what her punishment was apparently going to be but she wished someone would talk to her like the adult she was.

“Could someone tell me what the hell is going on?” Anna asked as Moe and Mr. Kenny fell into small talk.

“We’ll tell your husband when he gets here.” Moe said.

Anna didn’t get a chance to retort. Before she could respond she heard footsteps running towards the door she was still standing next to. There was some rapid knocks on the wood before the door flew open. Ryan appeared in the doorway, he was sweating and very clearly out of breath. Anna had the impression he had perhaps run all the way here.

“Anna!” Ryan gasped as he looked around at the odd scene, “W-What’s going on?”

Anna flushed with embarrassment as she saw her husband stare at her with wide eyes. She knew how embarrassingly infantile she looked and couldn’t meet Ryan’s eyes. Thankfully he seemed to realise what he was doing quite quickly and looked away.

“Ah, you must be Mr. Manning.” Mr. Kenny said, “Please come over here, we have some forms you need to sign.”

---

Ryan had a lot on his mind. After the disaster of a visit from Paul and Jane he had been constantly on edge, he kept expecting someone to kick down the door and accuse him of subversive behaviour. It hadn’t been helped when he had heard that Jane was being sent away to Finishing School. It had led to a big argument with Anna but he was in an impossible situation, Paul already thought he was weak, he couldn’t go over there and try to change his mind.

As Ryan tended to do when he had a lot on his mind he had gone for a walk and was now sat on a bench watching people walking past. After Anna had stormed off to the bedroom he knew he needed to give her some space, she was essentially grieving for her friend who almost certainly would never be the same after Finishing School.

It had been a few hours but Ryan was still in no rush to head home. Evening was coming and Ryan knew he would be expected home soon for dinner. He stood up and slowly made his way back to his apartment.

“Anna?” Ryan called as he closed the front door behind him.

There was silence. Ryan sighed and assumed his wife was still mad with him, he couldn’t blame her. He had been decidedly unwise in what he had said earlier. He walked into the apartment and put his bag down. He moved through his home quietly and went down the hallway to the bedroom. He slowly pushed it open a little expecting to see Anna on the bed, when he saw the bed was empty he was even more confused.

“Anna?” Ryan said.

Turning away from the bedroom Ryan checked the only other two rooms in the house. The bathroom was empty and so was the nursery, not that he had ever expected Anna would go in there of her own free will but this raised the question of where she actually was.

Ryan walked back into the living room. He wasn’t sure what he was looking for but he was hoping Anna had left a note or something. There was nothing that indicated when Anna had gone. He felt butterflies fluttering in his tummy as he ran through possible options. He knew his wife was headstrong and that made him very nervous, he prayed she hadn’t done something impulsive like running away. If she had and she was found by someone else there was little he would be able to do to save her.

Ryan paced around the living room unsure of what to do with himself. He remembered how upset Anna had been about Jane’s fate, maybe she had gone across the hall to try to rescue her. If that was the case then they were completely screwed. Anna and Jane would either be locked in with Paul as he called the authorities or the pair of women were on the run, something that would never end well.

Just as Ryan was steadying himself to go across the hall and knock on Paul’s door the phone rang. He was almost on autopilot as he sat down on the couch and picked it up.

“Hello?” Ryan said.

“Hello. Is this Ryan Manning?” The voice on the other end asked.

Ryan took a deep breath. This voice sounded official. There couldn’t possibly be good news coming from this.

“Yes.” Ryan finally responded. His mind was racing through worst case scenarios. Was Anna already in the hands of the authorities? Was she in hospital? Would he ever see the woman he loved again?

“Hi, my name is Thomas and I’m the store manager here on campus.” The voice at the other end of the line continued, “I’m calling to inform you that your wife was caught alone in our store earlier.”

“R-Right.” Ryan felt a massive conflict of feelings. On the one hand he was relieved to know where Anna was and that she was safe, on the other hand this was a tricky situation.

“She must’ve snuck out when you weren’t looking.” Thomas continued. His voice was light but Ryan could definitely detect some menace behind it. It was like he was accusing him of not being attentive enough, “Silly girl.”

“Yeah, I had just noticed she was gone.” Ryan replied hoping there weren’t going to be more awkward questions.

“Not only that, Mr. Manning, but she was without a diaper and, predictably, wet herself.” Thomas continued. The amusement in his voice annoyed Ryan.

“I’ll come and collect her right away.” Ryan said.

“She isn’t here anymore.” Thomas replied.

“Isn’t there?” Ryan asked, “Then where is she?”

Ryan listened as he was told what had happened to his wife. As he heard about everything that had happened he felt his anger rising. How dare these people strip and diaper Anna!

“Thank you.” Ryan forced himself to say. Thomas was trying to reply when Ryan slammed the phone down.

Gathering his shoes Ryan hurriedly slipped them on his feet and ran out of his apartment. He headed over to the administrative building at near enough a full sprint and after getting directions at the desk he hurried down the corridor to a door that had a sign reading “Mr. Kenny’s Nursery.”

Ryan knocked on the door and could hear voices from within. He didn’t wait to be beckoned into the room and turned the handle to push it open. If he wasn’t already winded from his run he would’ve had his breath taken away by what he was seeing inside the room. The first thing he saw was Anna. He had already been told by Thomas what she had been changed into but seeing it in person was so much worse, he knew Anna would be beyond humiliated.

Knowing Anna would be so embarrassed he quickly averted his eyes and looked around the nursery. He tried to catch his breath as he looked at a nursery any infant would dream of. Finally, he looked at the two men in the room. One was a burly security guard who was very similar to Paul in size whilst the other man was smaller but looked to be in control. He was holding a clipboard with some forms on it. He must be Mr. Kenny.

“Ah, you must be Mr. Manning.” Mr. Kenny said, “Please come over here, we have some forms you need to sign.”

“Forms?” Ryan repeated, “What’s going on?”

“Come over here and I’ll catch you up to speed.” Mr. Kenny said as he walked over to a desk on the far side of the room.

Ryan looked again at Anna. He really wanted to just take her home as soon as possible but he had his part to play. If he wanted any chance of having a good future the last thing he needed was to have more rumors spreading about how he was some kind of woman loving deviant. He just nodded his head and followed the other man across the room.

“Hi Ryan.” Mr. Kenny said once they reached the other side of the room, “You can call me Mark.”

“Mark.” Ryan repeated, “What’s going on? I got a call from the supermarket manager and the next thing I know I’m here. Can I take my wife home?”

“Ah, straight to the point.” Mr. Kenny chuckled, “Well, the good news is you can take Anna home and punish her however you wish. The bad news is that you will have to bring her here every morning for the next week.”

“What!?” Ryan blanched, “Why?”

“This is a serious matter, Ryan.” Mr. Kenny replied sternly, “You’re wife was out of the house, I presume without your consent, and broke the rules in the supermarket. The poor thing was so scared she wet herself.”

Ryan nodded her head but felt certain there was more to this story than he was being told. The Anna he knew wouldn’t wet herself in fear. That didn’t matter though, the truth could wait, yet again he found that he and Anna were in a very sticky situation. If he somehow let slip that he didn’t have Anna “under control” and that he had genuinely no idea that she was at the store then the trouble Anna was in would be magnified a thousand times.

“Cut to the chase.” Ryan said. He was trying to project an alpha male. To his internal shame he was trying to act like he thought Paul might.

“You are going to have to bring your girl here every day for the next week.” Mr. Kenny said. He had an infuriatingly condescending smile on his face, “If you drop her off here at, shall we say, eight in the morning and then you can pick her up at six in the evening. Just in time for her to cook your dinner.”

“And if I say no?” Ryan asked.

“Well that would be a problem.” Mr. Kenny nodded his head solemnly, “You see, she was caught breaking rules and if you refuse the recommendation from the supermarket then we will have to escalate things to the Dean…”

Ryan felt a small shiver go down his spine. Going in front of the Dean could be disastrous. He could already imagine the school’s administrator asking why he disagreed with the punishment, he could imagine what might happen next and none of it was good. If he tried to say the punishment was too harsh the spotlight of suspicion would be right above his head, if he said it was too lenient he would have to do something worse.

“I understand.” Ryan said, “Alright, starting tomorrow?”

“Yes.” Mr. Kenny smiled, “Of course we’ll expect her to be dressed appropriately. We’ll also need to put this tracker on her.”

“Tracker?” Ryan frowned.

“An ankle tag.” Mr. Kenny opened one of the drawers next to him and pulled out a small black box attached to a strap, “its waterproof and very sturdy, you don’t need to worry about that. It just allows us to keep an eye on her movements.”

“Is… Is that really necessary?” Ryan asked. He could already imagine what Anna was going to be like when they got home.

“Mr. Manning, Anna was wandering around campus alone. We’re lucky she didn’t get hurt.” Mr. Kenny was talking as if trying to impress upon Ryan how serious the situation was, “Put it on her and switch it on this evening.”

“Understood.” Ryan finally said, “Anything else?”

“Just need you to sign this form. It’s just to say she will be under our care between the listed hours. It’s a waiver, essentially saying you give us permission to change and punish Anna, yadda yadda yadda.”

Ryan looked across at Anna who was still looking halfway between a toddler about to have a tantrum and a vulnerable woman desperate to get out of there. Without hesitation Ryan took the pen and signed the paper.

“Excellent. You may take her home and we’ll be ready for her in the morning.” Mr. Kenny said as he signed the form himself. Ryan was just about to turn and walk away when his arm was grabbed, “And do be more careful with her in future.”

“Thanks for the advice.” Ryan said through a clenched jaw.

“A husband that can’t keep his girl under control can’t be expected to keep his place here.” Mr. Kenny raised an eyebrow.

Ryan stared at the head of the nursery for a couple of seconds before turning away.

“Come on.” Ryan said as he walked over to Anna. He took hold of his wife’s hand and pulled her away from the childish room.

• Like 7
12 hours ago, zzzz50 said:

Just wondering, what would happen if Anna became pregnant, would that stop her from being sent to finishing school?

I imagine not. Similar to if a pregnant woman is in prison she would likely give birth and the child would be handed to the father or close family.

After the tumult of the ill-fated dinner party life returns to something tht almost resembles normal. But there are consequences and not all of them are going to be felt by Anna. In an effort to make things up to her husband she decides doing some chores could help.

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-81578453

My writing is my sole income so I appreciate each and every person who can help me pay the bills and fill the refrigerator. For $5 a month you can see everything I post one full week before the rest of the world. For $10 you can see the updates early AND you get access to 46 stories that are EXCLUSIVE for patrons. I post two updates of 2,000+ words a week. For more information on additional patron tiers and rewards (such as discounts on commissions or free stories) please check out my Patreon page:

---

Anna was mortified. Everything that had happened had been a disaster, she wanted to disappear forever. Inside her head a voice said that she would be better off just giving in, forget who she was and just be the mindless baby Sallas wanted. For a split second she wondered if she should tell Ryan to send her to Finishing School. It didn’t take her long to abandon those thoughts. It would be like being taken for euthanasia and putting her out of her misery. Her body would remain but her personality would be gone.

The walk home from the nursery was horrible. Anna kept her eyes down but could sense people staring at her. The infantile clothes she wore wasn’t too much different from what a lot of women had to wear but the colours and frills made her very eye-catching. The thick padding between her legs was forcing Anna to waddle awkwardly and Ryan’s pace meant she was having to hurry to keep up.

It was a relief to get out of the public and back to the apartment. Anna couldn’t wait to get out of these clothes and back into her normal stuff. Ryan closed the front door and Anna started to immediately pull the dress off herself.

“Hey! What the hell?” Anna exclaimed as she felt a pair of hands yank the dress back down into place.

Anna turned to look at Ryan who seemed to be utterly full of conflicting emotions. He was so oversaturated with feelings they almost seemed to be flowing out of his pores. It looked very much like he was trying to prevent himself from shouting at her and having another argument. Anna wasn’t sure if he was winning the fight or not.

“Keep those clothes on.” Ryan finally said. His voice was a forced calmness which was worse than if he had been shouting.

“Why?” Anna’s question was immediate.

“You just…” Ryan put his hands up in front of him. The frustration was overflowing him, “Do you know how close I came to losing you today?”

“But everything’s alright… isn’t it?” Anna asked fretfully, “Why do I have to keep these clothes on?”

Anna didn’t like that Ryan didn’t immediately answer.

“They decided you have to go to the nursery every day for the next week.” Ryan stated, “I have to take you in the mornings and pick you up in the evenings.”

“What!?” Anna’s eyes bugged out of her head in horror.

“What did you expect to happen?” Ryan threw his hands in the air brought them down against his side, “You went out alone, you broke the store’s rules, you didn’t tell me where you were going and you apparently wet yourself?”

“I did not wet myself!” Anna shouted indignantly, “I slipped in a puddle!”

“That’s beside the point.” Ryan said, “Do you not understand how serious this all is?”

“I don’t need this argument again.” Anna said as she waved a dismissive hand in front of her. She was having flashbacks to their last shouting match, “Now could you help me with this dress and diaper?”

“No.” Ryan replied flatly.

“But…” Anna started.

“You have to keep it all on. Whilst you’re doing this week of punishment you’re going to be kept like that.” Ryan said, “Look, you may not take all this seriously but I’m desperately clinging to the last bit of respect I have left at this college. People know I’ve been soft on you, if I want a career then I need to quash that.”

“Well I’m glad I know where your priorities lay.” Anna muttered bitterly.

“You are my priority.” Ryan replied, “It may not seem like it but it’s true. I’m trying to protect you.”

“I don’t need protecting.” Anna pouted.

“Look, I understand you have problems with male authority figures.” Ryan said as he approached Anna with a little black box on a strap, “But you have to learn that sometimes you need to listen to me. You have to trust that I know what’s best.”

Anna didn’t like what Ryan was saying at all. As much as she fumed at the idea of any man saying they knew what was best for her she still knew he had a point. She had been reckless, dangerously reckless, and was probably lucky that her punishment was as mild as it was.

“What’s the box about?” Anna asked in defeat.

“It’s a tracker.” Ryan replied as he showed the box to Anna. Then pre-emptively added, “Not my idea. The nursery required it.”

Anna nodded a tiny amount as Ryan crouched down in front of her and strapped the device to her ankle. She winced slightly as she felt the strap getting pulled tight and fastened. It felt more like a heavy ball and chain than a lightweight box. With the box attached to her leg Ryan slowly stood up in front of her.

“We can get through this together.” Ryan said as he hugged Anna.

Whether Anna was happy about it or not that was the end of the matter. For the next week she would have to wear the baby clothes and use the diapers, Ryan was keen not to have people talking and Anna could see his point. Thanks to their mishaps they hadn’t exactly kept as low of a profile as they had hoped after all. They would be living as if they were any other couple in Sallas. Ryan promised it was just for the week and Anna believed him.

---

Dread would be the word Anna would use to describe her feelings when she woke up the next morning. She rolled over and felt the thick padding parting her thighs, it was both familiar and yet alien. It had been a while since she had been used to this. Ryan was still asleep but Anna could see that the alarm would soon be going off on the small clock on the bedside table.

It was a Monday morning which seemed to only add to the gloom Anna felt. She laid down on her back and looked up at the ceiling. She wished she could just put her body on autopilot and go on a mental holiday for a week. Let all this embarrassment happen and then wake up on the other side.

Anna needed to pee. Normally she would get out of bed and head straight for the bathroom but that wasn’t the plan for this week from hell. As much as her potty training had taken away her reliance on diapers her body still remembered how to use them. As soon as she felt the need to go in her bladder her body started to relax. She hated that her muscle memory was still strong.

Anna closed her eyes as she felt her urine burst into the waiting diaper. She sighed in annoyance as the waiting padding greedily absorbed her pee. The warmth spread down between her legs and spread over her rear end, the heat tickled her skin and she shifted position. Her knee knocked into Ryan who woke up with a start.

“Sorry.” Anna said as she looked across at her husband.

“It’s… OK.” Ryan said with a yawn.

It looked like Ryan was debating whether to get up or go back to sleep for a few seconds before he rubbed his eyes. When he saw the time he pushed himself up into a sitting position. Anna watched him, she imagined what it would be like if the roles were reversed. If she had been the one with the bright future and career. She liked to think she would be as good to Ryan as he was to her but a nagging voice knew that there was just no way to know. She didn’t know why she was going down this rabbit hole, she assumed it was her brain trying to distract her from the immediate future. There was just no way for her to know if she really was Ryan’s priority.

“We had better get up and get ready.” Ryan said as he swung his legs sideways off the bed. He slept naked and as he stood up Anna got a good look at her husband’s body.

Anna rolled out of bed herself and when she stood up, naked except for her diaper, she saw Ryan admire her the way she admired him. She felt a little bashful but that turned to outright embarrassment when she saw his eyes fix on her diaper and the obvious change in the wetting indicator.

“We should get you changed before…” Ryan trailed off.

“How are we going to do that?” Anna asked, “I know you want everything to be authentic.”

“I think you can change and get yourself ready.” Ryan conceded, “I think we can assume no one is spying on us in the bedroom.”

“I wouldn’t put it past them…” Anna mumbled as Ryan pulled on a pair of boxer shorts and left the room.

Anna went about her morning routine as if it was her last day before being taken to the gallows. It certainly felt that way. She removed her wet diaper and went for a shower. The temptation was to lock the bathroom door and stay under the water forever but the consequences for doing that would be a lot worse. She forced herself to step out of the shower and dry herself off. Then it was back into the bedroom for a fresh diaper.

Anna had to stop herself as she opened the closet door to take out some clothes. She wouldn’t be able to wear those for the next week. With shoulders slumped forwards she walked out of the bedroom and down to the nursery. Ryan had unlocked it last night with the anticipation it would be in use a lot for the next week.

Walking straight over to the closet Anna pulled it open to reveal the toddler clothes inside. She wasn’t sure how to pick an outfit when she found them all equally humiliating and reprehensible. In the end she settled for a pink t-shirt and a blue denim skirt that had straps that went over her shoulder. When she looked at herself in the mirror she found that the skirt just barely covered her diaper.

When Anna walked she crinkled loudly. It was noisy enough that when she went into the living room Ryan looked around from the kitchen. Anna felt very awkward.

“You look…” Ryan started.

“Don’t.” Anna replied.

Anna knew her husband was just trying to help but right now she didn’t want to talk about anything that was happening. She sat at the dining table and Ryan brought over a couple of bowls of cereal for himself and Anna. They ate in silence.

Anna remembered feeling like this before having to go to school as a child. The morning was always full of dread before she was dropped off at the school she hated. She had always been so jealous of the boys who got to learn “normal” and interesting subjects whilst she was stuck being trained for a life of servitude. She was cursed with the knowledge that things had been so much better before she ended up stuck in Sallas. She remembered learning math and history and a whole host of other things that she found interesting.

Breakfast was tasteless to Anna. She had to force herself to eat and even then could only manage half the meal. When she stood up Ryan did the same, he was dressed to go to his classes and a look at the clock told her that her time was up.

Without saying a word to each other Anna and Ryan got ready. Anna’s harness was clipped on to her and Ryan held the leash in his other hand. A pacifier was placed between Anna’s lips and the only thing about her that didn’t look like a little girl was the monitor strapped to ankle. They put their shoes on and finally Anna walked out of the apartment with Ryan right behind her. She kept her head bowed low as they walked back to the administration building and the nursery.

“It’ll be OK.” Ryan whispered as they went down the hallway to the door, “Just keep your head down and in a week we can go back to normal.”

“That’s easy for you to say…” Anna replied quietly.

• Like 7

What an amazing story. I feel bad for Anna, but she just can't keep from screwing up. Ryan is doing everything he can to keep her under the radar so that neither of them attract attention to themselves, yet she won't stop rocking the boat. Granted, many times, I agree with her (such as with his father), but she's really jeopardizing her situation.

Still, I love this story. It's tied for my fave ongoing story (along with The Road Trip).

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, CynthiaCM said:

What an amazing story. I feel bad for Anna, but she just can't keep from screwing up. Ryan is doing everything he can to keep her under the radar so that neither of them attract attention to themselves, yet she won't stop rocking the boat. Granted, many times, I agree with her (such as with his father), but she's really jeopardizing her situation.

Whenever I wonder about their bad decisions I have to remind myself that they are both 18 year old recent high school graduates. This is especially true for Anna, basically raised with most decisions made for her since she was 10. I trust that Elfy will show that Ryan and Anna’s experiences will help them in the future in overcoming this societies restrictive lifestyle.

• Like 1

When writing Anna I try to put myself into the mind of a young woman who is desperate for independence but has always been told no. Someone who KNOWS life should be better for her but is stuck, where everything she does has to be measured and how frustrating it is for her. I feel like living like that for years and years would either break you so that you become exactly what Sallas wants or you fight it and fight it because you know you're right. Yes, there is a hint of self-destructiveness in Anna's behaviour but it comes not from being stupid, but instead is because she is an angry young woman being stifled in a life she has no control over.

Sometimes when you spend your whole life fighting it is hard to know when to stop.

• Like 3

Anna spends her first morning at the nursery. She gets a first look at some of her fellow "inmates" and "guards." Is it as bad as she imagined? And will she be able to hang on to her dignity and pride?

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-four-81912755

My writing is my sole income so I appreciate each and every person who can help me pay the bills and fill the refrigerator. For $5 a month you can see everything I post one full week before the rest of the world. For $10 you can see the updates early AND you get access to 46 stories that are EXCLUSIVE for patrons. I post two updates of 2,000+ words a week. For more information on additional patron tiers and rewards (such as discounts on commissions or free stories) please check out my Patreon page:

---

When Anna reached the door to the nursery she hesitated. There were voices inside and she felt nervous. Now she felt like it was the first day at a new school. There were going to be other women in there like her, ones that were dropped off by their husbands and ones who weren’t just being punished like she was.

Ryan reached around Anna and pulled on the handle to open the door. The door swung slowly open and Anna stepped inside. The room was, of course, exactly the same as it had been the previous time she had been in there but now there was movement, there were other people. It made the room feel more alive.

“Ah, Mr. Manning, we were just wondering when you’d be here.” Mr. Kenny was immediately walking from his desk to the door.

“I’m not late am I?” Ryan asked with a frown.

“Not at all.” Mr. Kenny replied with a deep chuckle. He reached out a hand.

Anna watched Ryan reach out to shake. Mr. Kenny smiled and when Ryan’s hand retracted he still held it out. For a few seconds there was a very embarrassing silence as everyone seemed confused.

“The leash, Mr. Manning.” Mr. Kenny said finally.

“Oh, of course!” Ryan handed over Anna in the most literal way as he chuckled nervously, “My brain doesn’t click into gear until I’ve had my morning coffee.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Mr. Kenny smiled as he gave a small tug on the reins making Anna stumble towards him, “If you could just sign a few more forms for me.”

Anna was led over to the desk but stood apart from the two men as they discussed a few things. Instead of listening she looked out at the room. There were only three other women there, Anna somehow expected more. The room was certainly set up for more. She guessed that the number of men that brought their wives to college was quite small and the ones wanting to leave them here even smaller than that.

“OK, Mr. Manning, don’t worry about Anna, she’ll be safe here.” Mr. Kenny said as he clapped Ryan on the back, “We’ll see you this evening.”

“Alright…” Ryan paused as he looked at Anna. For a second she thought he was going to say something stupid, “Be good.”

Anna nodded mutely and then watched Ryan as he turned and left the room. How she wished she was going with him. She stood awkwardly by the desk as Mr. Kenny came over. She winced as she was jerked around a little as the harness was taken off her body.

“We’re a little thin on numbers this morning.” Mr. Kenny said, “There are four frequent visitors at the moment though one is absent today.”

Anna remained silent. She was looking at the other women. She didn’t know who any of them were and she didn’t much care to find out, they could be the nicest people in the world but she just wanted to find a quiet spot to wait out her time. With the harness removed Anna felt Mr. Kenny’s hand going lower until it was placed over her diaper.

“Right, well, feel free to go and play. If you need anything just let me or one of my staff know.” Mr. Kenny said as she patted Anna’s rear end.

It was only as Mr. Kenny mentioned them that Anna saw some other men standing at the far end of the room. They were obscured by the cribs but there were two men dressed all in white back there. In Anna’s opinion they looked mean, in keeping with the rest of this experience they seemed more like prison officers than caretakers.

“Oh, and take this with you.” Mr. Kenny said.

Anna felt something tapping against her arm and she looked down to see Mr. Kenny holding a large baby bottle. She took it with a sigh and walked across the room. She went past where all the other girls were and sat on a bright pink beanbag at the back of the room. To her embarrassment as she sank into the bag a little her meagre skirt was pulled up a little and her diaper became even more exposed. No one paid any attention but Anna felt embarrassed anyway. She picked up a nearby baby book and did her best to distract herself.

The nursery was both better and worse than Anna had expected. It was better in that for the most part it seemed she was pretty free to do what she wanted but it was worse because she was just so, so bored.

For the first few hours that morning Anna stayed in the beanbag seat and tried to distract her mind. It was a difficult task when everything was designed for a toddler. She even had a difficult time reminding herself she was an adult at times thanks to her surroundings. She kept a pacifier in her mouth as she didn’t want to attract attention and it was a good reminder to her that she should stay quiet.

There was no clock in the nursery but after a few hours the men started walking around the room. One of them came over to Anna. He was at least a foot taller than Anna and very wide, it looked like he must live in the gym. He was completely bald and grunted a little as he went down to one knee.

“Hello, my name is Ronnie. Let’s see if you’ve been a little piddle pants.” His voice was gruff but he spoke as if talking to a child.

Anna bit down on her pacifier as she felt the older man press the diaper against her. He frowned when he found her completely dry. Anna supposed that was unusual and looked away, she had been deliberately trying not to use her diaper and the last thing she wanted was to be changed here. The man reached around to the bottle she had been given that morning but remained untouched.

“You must be thirsty.” Ronnie said. His smile only seemed to move one side of his mouth.

Anna shook her head quickly but that just caused Ronnie to laugh. He reached out to the ring on the pacifier and plucked it out of her mouth. He held the bottle up with the nipple pointing at her. Her immediate instinct was to refuse it, she was thirsty for sure but she didn’t want to accept a bottle. At the same time she knew she had to be “good” at least to a certain extent.

“Good girl.” Ronnie smiled toothily as Anna opened her mouth.

The bottle was pushed between Anna’s lips. She reached up to take it herself but Ronnie slapped her hands away, he was really intending to stay there and feed this whole bottle to her. With a reddening face Anna looked away from Ronnie and into the room at large. As she sucked on the baby’s bottle and drank the milk she watched the other inmates at the nursery.

One of the women was already getting her diaper changed. She was lying on the changing table with the other assistant attending to her. Anna felt a mixture of shock and disgust at how the woman was acting. She was giggling and reaching for her feet, when the attendant looked away for a moment the woman even tried to get her foot in her mouth. She appeared to have no shame and it was like watching an actual baby. Watching them felt like seeing a possible future Anna could only hope to avoid.

The other two women were in the middle of the room at a table. One was doing some finger painting and watching them was a curious experience, it was almost like watching someone with multiple personalities fighting with themselves. She would be painting away happily, giggling and playing with the woman getting her diaper changed, then all of a sudden she’d have a moment of lucidity where she realised what she was doing. She’d look away and seemingly cursed at herself. She’d go back to her activity but without the joy, within a few minutes she’d be acting like a toddler again.

The last of the women was perhaps the most striking. Just like Anna she was sitting quietly and refusing to be involved in anything. She occasionally looked up to stare at Anna but would avert her eyes when she saw that Anna had noticed. She was dressed in an infantile outfit but it didn’t suit her at all. The thing that drew Anna’s attention the most though was the woman’s haircut. In a society that valued femininity and infantile behaviour from their women it was very unusual to see a woman with short hair. This woman was sat at the table with uneven hair that was very short and in places almost all cut off, if Anna had to guess it was something she had done herself.

“You’ve finished all your yummy milk.” Ronnie said as he pulled the bottle out of Anna’s mouth, “Now you be good and play with the others, OK?”

Anna simply stared in response. She had been so intent on watching the other women she hadn’t realised quite how fast she had drained her drink. As Ronnie turned and walked away she let herself sink into the beanbag a little. She wasn’t doing anything and yet she felt exhausted, it was like she was in a constant state of vigilance as if she expected someone to leap at her at any moment.

At lunchtime four highchairs were brought into the room. One by one the women were strapped into the seats. Anna was the last to climb into one of the highchairs, she had been sitting on the beanbag the whole morning and was hoping she’d disappear into the background. As Mr. Kenny pulled the straps across her tummy and clipped them into place he took the chance to press his hand against Anna’s diaper.

“Still dry?” Mr. Kenny raised his eyebrows, “I’m told you haven’t been changed this morning. Well we don’t want any dehydrated little girls…”

Anna didn’t say that she needed to pee quite a bit but was deliberately holding it in. Mr. Kenny retreated from the highchairs and when he came back it was with bowls of indeterminate mushy food for each woman. A bottle of milk was placed on each tray as well. As Anna looked down at the food with disgust a large bib was brought down in front of her, it was big enough to cover her whole front. When she looked to the side she saw the other girls were getting similar treatment. Anna noted no one seemed to have any cutlery.

“Tuck in, babies.” Mr. Kenny said with a smile in front of them.

Anna was still looking sideways and she saw wildly different things happen. The woman who seemed to be totally regressed immediately thrust both her hands into the mush and then brought them up to her mouth, she seemed to get much more of her lunch on her face and down her front than in her mouth. She giggled gleefully as she licked her fingers.

Next along was the short-haired woman. She had her arms folded across her chest and was glaring at Mr. Kenny as if she could kill him with her mind. Finally there was the woman that seemed to be trying to fight off regression. As soon as the bowl was placed in front of her she stuck her hands straight in but as soon as they were fully submerged her expression went from joy to confusion as she slowly pulled them back out.

“What am I doing…?” The woman asked herself as she stared at her food covered hands.

“Eat up.” Mr. Kenny said when he saw only one of the women eating.

Anna really didn’t want to have to sloppily eat her mushy food like a baby. She looked down at the food and wrinkled her nose. She was just about to push her fingers in when she heard a sudden clattering.

“Screw you!” The short-haired woman shouted.

Anna looked up to see the bowl on the floor and the food smeared across the carpet. The regressed woman immediately burst into tears and the two nursery assistants stepped forwards. The short-haired woman wasn’t going quietly though. She tried to throw punches until her arms were pinned to her side and she was pulled from the chair whilst spitting and cursing.

Anna couldn’t see what was happening as the woman was dragged off behind her. She tried to twist around in the seat but the restraints and tray prevented her from seeing anything. She could only listen as the woman struggled.

“Be good girls and eat your lunch.” Mr. Kenny called out over the noise happening behind them, “You don’t want to get a black mark on your record.”

Anna looked down at the food again. As she slowly dipped her hand in she tried to ignore the sounds of what was very clearly a paddling. The sound of wood hitting skin and then a scream was all Anna needed to hear to know that the woman’s impudence was being punished. She pushed her hand into the mushy food and lifted them up to her face. There was a rhythm to the noises behind her. A swish of an object moving through the air, a thud as the object his the woman’s behind and then a yelp or curse as a result. Each time Anna heard a thud she winced.

The best thing that could be said about the food was that it was bland. It didn’t really smell of anything, it didn’t taste of anything and it didn’t even really look like anything. No matter how hard Anna tried she couldn’t avoid getting the food everywhere just like the other two women. By the time she had finished she could feel food plastered around her mouth and she could see it all staining her bib.

The assistants came back with wet wipes and started cleaning the women’s faces. Anna tolerated it but when the wipe came away she found that she was holding on to the tray so hard that her knuckles were white. If she wasn’t doing that she was sure she would find herself getting taken for a spanking.

“Right.” Mr. Kenny said as he watched the women drink their bottles, “Nap time.”

The women were let out of their high chairs and led over to the cribs. Anna could see the short-haired woman had already been put in one of the cribs. She was facing away from the rest of the room.

Anna and the others were stripped unceremoniously. Anna was red in the face as she tried to cover herself up but noticed the other women weren’t bothering. A plain white onesie was slipped over her head, it had the college’s logo on the chest but was otherwise completely bare.

The women were put in different cribs and then the lights were dimmed and windows covered by curtains. Anna hadn’t had a nap for a long time, she didn’t feel tired at all. She laid down anyway but her attempts at sleep were somewhat thwarted by the ache in her belly which was getting worse, she could practically feel every drop of urine that dropped into her bladder.

• Like 6

Anna's first afternoon at the nursery isn't better than the morning. When she goes into the nursery the next day she is expecting more of the same... but she's in for a big surprise.

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-five-82257294

---

Anna didn’t get any sleep that nap time. It wasn’t long until she heard soft snores coming from the other cribs but she couldn’t sleep. She would’ve liked to say her opposition to napping was ideological but in truth it was purely because of uncomfortable she felt physically. Her bladder wouldn’t let her relax until she emptied it and she was not planning to do that any time soon.

As the assistants came round the cribs and lowered the sides like guards letting inmates out for recreation time Anna sat back up. It wasn’t Mr. Kenny or Ronnie that came to her crib but the other assistant. He had a nametag that read “Ed” and he didn’t say anything as he stepped on the release and let the bars drop to the ground.

Anna scooted forwards warily when he indicated for her to do so. Just before she dropped off the edge and on to the floor Ed pushed his hand against her crotch. When he felt the still-dry diaper he frowned. Once his hand had moved away Anna dropped out of the crib and went back to her quiet corner. She was desperate for the toilet now.

“Here.” Ed walked over with a bottle a minute later. His voice was surprisingly light but it was clear he didn’t use it much.

“I’m really not-…” Anna started.

The bottle was pushed forwards between Anna’s lips and just like earlier in the day Anna was forced to drink. She winced as she swallowed even more liquid knowing where it was all going to end up. She wasn’t allowed to push the bottle away until she was finished with it. She looked up at Ed with loathing.

Things only got worse as time seemed to get slower the fuller her bladder became. She didn’t know how long it would be until Ryan came to pick her up but it felt like too long. Every now and then Ed, Ronnie or Mr. Kenny himself would come over and check her diaper, each time they found her dry they would feed her another bottle.

Anna was practically writhing. She’d watched the other women get taken for changes whether they were happy to do so or not. Her resolve was tested and she wondered if her stubbornness was just making her miserable. She couldn’t expect to go through the full week without using her diaper at the nursery at all. It was entirely her stubbornness that held her back from wetting the diaper.

Despite a growing portion of her brain wanting to give in and wet herself Anna still held out. It was a point of personal pride for her, a way of rebelling and a way to tell the system that she wasn’t giving in without a fight. All her lofty ideals did little to help her as she doubled over on the beanbag though.

“I’m here to pick up Anna.” Ryan’s voice made Anna look up and she wondered just how long she had been on her seat with her head down between her knees.

Anna looked up to see Ryan at the desk and looking over at her. She couldn’t help but smile, she hoped it was interpreted as the smile of a good wife ready to go serve her husband rather than someone who knew things would improve the moment she left the nursery. She stood up and immediately placed her hand across her belly, she was about ready to burst.

“Ryan, you’re fifteen minutes early.” Mr. Kenny had a smile on his face but it didn’t reach the coldness of his eyes.

“Class let out early.” Ryan replied, “Didn’t think it would be a problem.”

“Not a problem.” Mr. Kenny bowed his head a little, “But don’t make a habit of coming here early.”

Anna waddled up to Ryan and stood behind him. As she waited to leave Ryan had to sign yet more forms and then she had to get changed back into the outfit she had arrived in, she had been wearing the onesie given to her before bedtime until now.

“We’ll see you tomorrow.” Mr. Kenny said to Anna when she was ready to leave.

Anna was so ready to leave she walked ahead of Ryan to the door. Normally she wouldn’t be so bold in public but she simply couldn’t wait. She heard Ryan following her as she went all the way down the hallway, through the reception area and outside the building. She stopped dead just to the side of the entrance.

Anna had barely come to a stop when her bladder relaxed. She sighed maybe a little too loudly as she felt the relief of her emptying bladder. The urine poured out of her like a waterfall and she closed her eyes as the warmth rapidly spread around the padding. She spread her legs just a little to give the diaper more room and felt it sag slightly as it dealt with the deluge.

Despite the humiliation of helplessly wetting herself like that Anna had a smile on her face. It felt like a victory against the system that wanted to keep her down.

“It looks like you needed that.” Ryan said as he walked up next to his wife.

“Is it that obvious?” Anna asked. Her cheeks flushed red but she found it hard to care too much bearing in mind she still felt like she had won.

The torrent finally stopped and it wasn’t a moment too soon. Anna had been holding on for so long that just this one release had completely flooded her disposable. Anymore and she would be have pee dripping down her legs in the middle of this public space.

“Let’s get home.” Ryan said when Anna tried to close her legs and found the padding made it very difficult to do so.

---

Anna woke up the next day with the same dread she had experienced the previous morning. At least she knew what she was in for this time. Spending a day desperately trying not to use her diaper and sitting in the corner trying not to be seen was exhausting. It made the minutes stretch into hours and that wasn’t mentioning the humiliation of being treated like an infant.

It was terrifying the way that women were seen by those people. It wasn’t an act. When they talked down to her it was because they literally thought she needed to be treated like a child. After getting home and taking off the soaking diaper Anna had ranted at Ryan about the way they spoke to her, not that she expected much else. She had just needed to vent.

To Anna’s irritation and horror she found that whilst Ryan sympathized with her he also told her she would have to expect that a lot more.

“In college everyone is competing to be top dog.” Ryan explained, “Same thing at school. Everyone wants to be the biggest guy around so they act overly macho. Outside of academia most guys are going to treat you like you have child’s mind. That you have the emotions, temperament and mental capacity of a toddler. Most men in Sallas truly believe that you’re a child.”

At that Anna had gotten very mad and thrown the television remote against the wall. A couple of buttons popped out it left a small dent in the wall. She knew he was telling the truth, she had grown up in Sallas so she knew that men automatically thought she was stupid. More than once she’d had a random man working the cash register pat her on the head. She was just supposed to smile and like it. Well, she refused. She was determined to never end up like the girl’s in the nursery succumbing to the wishes of the men who wanted to keep her down.

Anna rolled over in bed and looked at the clock. She had to get up. Technically she should’ve got up five minutes ago but she decided to skip breakfast for a little more alone time. One of the reasons the previous day had been so tough was that she had so desperately tried to avoid using her diaper. She had a plan to perhaps make that a little easier this time around.

With a sigh Anna finally rolled out of bed. Instead of standing up she stayed in a squatting position with her arms on top of the mattress. She hesitated but she could already feel her digestive system complaining that she hadn’t emptied her bowels for a couple of days. She had her butt pointing towards the door and slowly pushed it out a little more.

Anna took a deep breath and then pushed down. She felt the pressure build until some gas was forced out. She didn’t stop pushing and soon she felt something shifting within her. She took another breath and braced for the inevitable. Almost as soon as she started pushing again she began pooping. The back of the diaper pushed out as the log was forced against it before spreading out over the padding. After holding everything in for so long it felt like there was a lot to come.

“Anna, you’re going to be-…” The door opened. Anna turned to look over her shoulder as Ryan stood in the doorway.

Having started Anna couldn’t stop. Even as she saw Ryan standing behind her she was forced to bear down and fully empty her bowels. She heard faint noises coming from her diaper as it bulged out at the rear. She could feel the warmth spreading out as she continued to push down. When she was finished her bladder released and she shivered as she soaked the front as much as she had dirtied the back.

“Oh.” Ryan said.

“Well, you’re the one that we had to do this “properly.”” Anna said with a bit more anger than she intended.

“I’m sorry. I just didn’t expect…” Ryan was saying.

“No, it’s fine.” Anna winced as she stood up straight and felt the load in her diaper shift with her, “Just… bad timing.”

Anna and Ryan both stood awkwardly for a few seconds. Neither was able to look at the other and neither knew what to say to break a silence that was quickly becoming stifling.

“If you want to jump in the shower and… stuff.” Ryan suggested, “Just be as quick as you can. We can’t afford to be late.”

Anna nodded. She walked past her husband and tried to pretend that she couldn’t very clearly smell herself. She knew Ryan was being polite in not mentioning the stink but there was no way he could miss it.

After her shower and once in a fresh diaper it was time for Anna to pick out her outfit for the day. She went for a white onesie with yellow ducklings all over it. She popped the two flaps together between her legs and then took some shortalls to wear over the top. It was denim and came up her chest to her breasts, two straps went over her shoulders and connected with the back.

At least Ryan had the good grace not to comment on how Anna looked when she came into the living room. Anna sat on the couch in a sulk that she thought was totally justified. After a few minutes Ryan informed her it was time to go and she reluctantly got to her feet. She opened her mouth to accept the pacifier and then lifted her arms so Ryan could attach her harness.

“You do look cute.” Ryan said. As she tightened the straps.

Anna looked daggers at her husband.

“I’m sorry.” Ryan lifted his hands in pacification, “You do though.”

Anna wasn’t in the mood for a fight so told herself Ryan was just trying to be helpful. She waited for Ryan to get ready and then left the apartment. The walk to the nursery was just as embarrassing as the previous day but at least Anna was somewhat used to it. When the reins were handed over to Mr. Kenny all Anna could do was watch Ryan leave and start counting the hours before she could go home again. The fact that this was only day two made it feel like she was never going to get through it all.

“Well, Anna, I hope you’re in a more playful mood today.” Mr. Kenny said as he started taking off the harness, “Because if you don’t behave properly I may have to extend your stay.”

Anna’s eyes bulged but as the harness was slipped off her shoulders and the head of the nursery walked away she was left wondering if he had the authority to do what he threatened. He had been the one who had originally given her this punishment after all.

“You’ll be able to meet our other guest as today.” Mr. Kenny continued as he sat at his desk, “Maybe you’ll get along with her better than the other girls. Now run along.”

Anna was only too happy to turn away from Mr. Kenny and face the room. She walked straight across to the same beanbag she had been practically attached to on her first day. The other girls looked at her strangely but she didn’t as much as glance in their direction.

The morning was almost identical to the previous day. Anna stayed away from everyone and everything unless she had no choice but to interact. It was shortly after lunch that the routine suddenly changed. From where she was on the far side of the room she could only see Mr. Kenny and the two handlers leave the room momentarily. That was strange in itself as it meant the women were unsupervised but when they came back Anna’s heart stopped and she loudly exclaimed.

Mr. Kenny walked in first and behind him was the two burly assistants. In between them was a smaller huddled form in not just the standard harness but with extra cuffs around her arms, wrists and ankles making sure she was completely under control.

“Jane!” Anna could’ve cried as she awkwardly got off the beanbag and stood up.

• Like 6

Anna has met a friend she didn't think she'd see again in the nursery. Through her she learns about the other girls and why they're there. 

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-six-82620828

---

Jane looked equally shocked to see Anna but to the latter woman’s surprise she saw Jane react not with happiness but what looked like crushing disappointment. Anna kept her distance as the guards started removing the many restraints from Jane.

“You two know each other I take it?” Mr. Kenny asked curiously as he approached Anna with his head tilted.

“She’s my neighbor.” Anna replied quickly, “But I thought…”

As soon as the last restraint was removed Jane pushed past the guards and ran across to Anna. Anna barely had a moment to react before the other woman was embracing her so tightly she couldn’t breathe.

“I can’t believe he’s sending you away too.” Jane whispered. Her voice cracked with emotion.

“We’ll leave you two to catch up.” Mr. Kenny said. His eyes were cold as he watched the two women unblinkingly.

Anna didn’t like the way Mr. Kenny was watching them. When she was finally able to extricate herself from Jane’s hug she led the near-crying girl across the room to the corner she now thought of as her own. They went past the two women struggling most with the regression and the air had a sudden stinky smell.

“I thought you…” Anna started as they reached the corner.

“What did you do?” To Anna’s surprise Jane sounded angry as she interrupted her.

“Huh?” Anna frowned, “Oh, to be here? I went shopping on my own…”

“Ryan is sending you to Finishing School for THAT!?” Jane asked with wide eyes, “I thought he was more… lenient.”

“Finishing School?” Anna shook his head, “No, no, no… I just have to come here for a week.”

“Oh.” Jane looked down at the floor.

At Anna’s prompting Jane took Anna’s beanbag seat whilst Anna sat on the floor with crossed-legs. This was the last situation Anna had expected to encounter but her relief that Jane was alright almost made the week she had to spend here tolerable.

“But what about you?” Anna asked with a smile, “How did you get Paul to change his mind? I bet he’s all bluster, right? Tells you he’s going to send you away and really-…”

“I’m going to Finishing School.” Jane said. Her voice was emotionless. It sounded like she had come to terms with in a similar way a condemned person watching the gallows being built was resigned to fate.

“But…” Anna started.

“There’s paperwork first.” Jane continued, “And apparently a cooling off period. Finishing School is permanent after all, they have to make sure that it is what Paul really wants to do. Then there are health checks, insurance, Paul has to sign over the marriage certificate.”

Anna was horrified. She had always known Finishing School changed women completely and no one who came out of it was the same as those who went in but she hadn’t expected it all to sound like a transaction. The way Jane was talking it was more like discussing the sale of a car than the future of a human being. She felt her blood run cold as she realised that’s basically what was happening. Jane was having her ownership transferred from Paul to the state.

“But Paul doesn’t want me so I’ve been sent here until I’m taken away.” Jane shrugged.

“I’m so sorry.” Anna could feel herself tearing up.

“There’s nothing to be done.” Jane attempted a weak smile, “Whatever will be, will be. Do you want to play for a bit?”

Anna’s immediate reaction to Jane’s suggestion was of disgust. Of course she didn’t want to play like one of the other women. She had no interest in these children’s toys and even less interest in looking like she was submitting to what the men wanted and expected of her. But then she saw Jane giving her a desperate almost pleading look. It clicked for Anna that Jane was just desperate to take her mind off her future for a little while. Anna was almost certainly going to be the last sympathetic face she saw for a long time.

“Sure.” Anna said as she tried to keep a check on her emotions. It would do her nor Jane any good to get upset.

Jane stood up and Anna followed. As she did so she felt her bladder complaining from the various bottles she had been given that morning. With everything Jane had said it suddenly felt a lot less important to do something like holding her bladder all day. That wasn’t to mention how painful and uncomfortable the previous day had been.

Anna relaxed and accepted what was to happen. She stood still as Jane walked away and wet herself. She sighed as the splashing warmth enveloped her crotch. When she eventually stopped she had a blush to her cheeks, she looked out of the corner of her eyes towards Mr. Kenny’s desk and was mortified that he was watching her. She hurried to catch up to Jane feeling ashamed of what she had done.

“The toys here are actually pretty good.” Jane said in way of small talk as they went over to a large pink princess castle, “I thought they’d be extra cheap but nope.”

“Cool.” Was all Anna could think to say. This was an alien topic for her.

Jane knelt down in front of the large castle and opened it up to show the rooms inside. Anna sat down next to her. She had to admit this was something a little girl would love. The castle was big and detailed, it came with a few little dolls and lots of outfits to dress them up in. She felt awkward though, she had always studiously avoided “playing” like the men wanted her to. She had to do it for Jane though. They sat together in silence for a couple of minutes.

“So what’s the deal with the other women?” Anna asked.

“They’re nice.” Jane said with a smile.

“I can’t say I’ve spoken to them.” Anna admitted, “Kept to myself mostly.”

“Well, that one over there is Rebecca.” Jane nodded towards the blonde woman who was acting more like a baby than any woman Anna had ever seen. She was currently lying on the floor on her tummy with her limbs splayed out beside her as she drooled and stared into the middle-distance.

“I take it she didn’t tell you that.” Anna commented.

“She can talk!” Jane chuckled, “A little bit anyway… It’s not easy to understand her. I think she’s basically been kept like that her whole life. She’s a daughter of one of the professors and is left here every day. I don’t think she ever went to school or was allowed to grow up at all.”

“Jesus.” Anna replied, “That sounds like hell.”

Jane looked down at the ground and it took Anna’s brain a moment to process why she might be upset. Suddenly it came to her that the drooling adult baby in the middle of the room could well be a portent of Jane’s future.

“I mean…” Anna started.

“It’s OK.” Jane replied. She didn’t look OK, “The girl next to her, that’s Macy.”

Anna looked back over to the two women who were playing. Macy was the one who seemed in a constant fight between acting like an adult and acting like a baby. She was currently watching Rebecca and sucking on a pacifier.

“She’s someone’s wife, one of the other students.” Jane continued, “Poor girl is struggling. She’s an interesting person if you can catch her in her more… lucid moments.”

“How come she keeps acting like Rebecca?” Anna asked.

“From what she’s told me that’s her husband’s doing. She’s being conditioned. Hypnosis tapes whenever she’s at home, positive reinforcement for infantile behaviour… That sort of stuff.”

Anna nodded slowly. That would explain why she would lapse into long periods of being like Rebecca only to seemingly shake herself out of it again. It looked like her brain was at war with itself because it WAS at war with itself.

“Smells like someone’s stinky…” Ronnie’s gruff voice came from where the other girls were.

“You touch me and I’ll bite your fucking fingers off.” The rebellious woman Anna still didn’t know said.

The woman had been standing near the other two girls and leaning against the wall. She had been so still Anna had almost forgotten she was there. She now had Ronnie advancing towards her causing her to try and back away.

“I just want to check you, baby.” Ronnie said.

“Check this!” The woman replied as she grabbed a wooden block at the floor and threw it at Ronnie’s shiny head. The block hit him square on the forehead and as he exclaimed Rebecca almost immediately burst into loud tears.

“You little… Come here!” Ronnie roared.

The woman tried to run away but as Ronnie chased her she ran straight into the other assistant, Ed. She was still struggling like a wild animal as Ronnie came over.

“That’s Charlotte.” Jane said to Anna, “But don’t call them that. They go by Charlie. They remind me of you actually.”

Anna watched as Charlie’s diaper was forcibly checked and apparently found to be messy. She was lifted off the ground and carried towards the changing tables. As she passed by Anna and Jane she was still struggling and yelling as if she was feral.

“How come they doesn’t like being called Charlotte?” Anna asked once Charlie had been placed on a changing table and restrained into a star shape. When they tried spitting at a guard she had a pacifier strapped into her mouth.

“They want to be a boy.” Jane replied simply. “Apparently they’ve been a real handful for their husband. Getting in trouble all the time, demanding to be treated like a guy, when Charlie cut their hair they were sent here until her husband comes back for them… If he comes back.”

“He can just leave Charlie here?” Anna asked.

“From what I understand the contracts the men sign say that if they don’t come to collect their girls after a little while they just send them away.” Jane said, “So who knows. Charlie’s been here a couple of weeks already and there’s been no sign of anyone coming to pick them up.”

“Shouldn’t we be using male pronouns?” Anna asked, “If Charlie wants to be a guy and all.”

“Not if you want to avoid trouble.” Jane answered, “The men here really don’t like women who get ideas above their station and since men are above women. If you think you might be overheard don’t in any way suggest Charlie is anything but like one of us.”

“Got it.” Anna replied. How sad she felt for Charlie. They were all trapped here but it sounded like Charlie was doubly trapped.

“So if they hear you using male pronouns for Charlie you’ll get in A LOT of trouble.” Jane said with emphasis, “I normally go for gender neutral terms. Charlie seems to appreciate it and the caretakers haven’t noticed.”

Anna looked back over to the changing table. Charlie was still pulling at the restraints but they were powerless to resist the change that was now happening. Charlie’s diaper was already open and the cleaning process was well under way.

“Quite a colorful bunch.” Anna said.

“The other day Macy called us all the misfits and that makes sense.” Jane sighed, “Anyway, come on, let’s play.”

Keen to let Jane forget about the horrors that awaited her Anna agreed and did her best to become immersed in the fantasy world of princesses and castles. She didn’t feel like she was doing a good job but it seemed to be enough for Jane who started to genuinely smile.

As they played Anna kept looking up and over to Charlie. Once they were taped into a fresh diaper they were unrestrained and carried over to one of the cribs. Anna watched in shock as the poor soul was essentially hogtied with arms and legs behind their back and left there. They remained like that for the rest of the afternoon. At no point did anyone go over to check on them and Anna remained with Jane until the door opened and Ryan walked in. She was shocked at how much time had passed. Talking with Jane had really helped the time fly.

Anna had even managed to avoid having her diaper changed and as she stood up she felt it sag below her waist. Jane sadly looked on, unable to hide her dejection that she was going to be left alone again.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, OK?” Anna said to Jane.

“Sure.” Jane smiled in reply and then looked back down at her dolls.

Anna felt awful for leaving Jane again but she didn’t have a lot of choice in the matter. She walked across the room and just a few steps away from Ryan she was stopped by Ed who didn’t say a word. He reached down to Anna’s crotch and pressed the obviously wet padding against her. He took her arm and started pulling her away from Ryan.

“Erm, what are you doing?” Ryan called out. Ed stopped and looked back with a kind of confused scowl.

“I believe my assistant here has discovered that your girl is wet.” Mr. Kenny said as he stepped between Ryan and Anna.

“And?” Ryan asked.

“We wouldn’t want your little girl leaving here wet. We wouldn’t want you to think we were negligent in our care.” Mr. Kenny chuckled.

“It’s fine. I’ll do it when we get home.” Ryan replied quickly.

“Mr. Manning, I really must insist that you-…” Mr. Kenny started.

“I said I’ll do it.” Ryan was clearly losing his patience, “She’s my girl.”

Anna watched as her husband went around Mr. Kenny and grabbed Anna’s other arm. She suddenly felt as if she was a toy being fought over by two dogs. Ed looked confused and turned to Mr. Kenny. After a couple of seconds the nursery boss subtly nodded his head and the assistant let go. Anna quickly stepped away from the quiet assistant and into Ryan’s arms.

“Come on.” Ryan said as he hurriedly attached the toddler harness to her.

“We’ll see you tomorrow, Anna.” Mr. Kenny said with a courteous little bow as Anna went past.

Ryan didn’t stop until they were both outside the main administrative area. He looked annoyed but Anna was sure it wasn’t at her. She couldn’t help but feel a tug on her heartstrings as she realised the source of her husband’s annoyance was in the way the people at the nursery were treating her. He was on her side, of course, but it was easy to forget that she wasn’t in this fight alone.

Anna was forced into a slight waddle by the wet diaper which only made the walk home all the worse. That evening she talked to Ryan about seeing Jane and found that he was as surprised as she had been.

“I just wish there was something I could do.” Ryan said with a sigh.

“I take it Paul isn’t likely to come around?” Anna asked rather hopefully.

“I wouldn’t bet on it.” Ryan said, “It’s not like he’d tell me either way. Since the dinner party pretty much all the guys are keeping me at arm’s length.”

“It’s my fault.” Anna said as she closed her eyes, “It’s all my fault.”

“Anna…” Ryan started.

“No!” Anna said loudly, “It’s my fault.”

“It isn’t your fault.” Ryan put his hand on Anna’s knee, “It’s this damn country. Look, it’s a rigged game, you know that. If it hadn’t been the dinner party it would’ve been something else. You saw the way Paul treated Jane, one way or another something was going to happen. He’s just bored of her.”

“But if I was normal and could just… I don’t know, accept things…” Anna sniffed.

“First off, accepting this god damned system shouldn’t be considered “normal” but I love you precisely because you don’t accept things.” Ryan said.

“We should just leave.” Anna said quietly as she slumped down in her seat and looked up at the ceiling, “Go somewhere else. Another country.”

“Good luck with that.” Ryan couldn’t help but chuckle, “Getting out of Sallas is A LOT harder than getting in. They don’t want a brain drain after all. Maybe if I get a good job and rise through the ranks we’d be granted a way out but I wouldn’t count on it.”

• Like 5

There is a way, Ryan. One that involves international "diplomacy". You need to remember that Anna is not from Sallas but a woman that was kidnapped by Sallasians in youth. So, if you expose that as well as all that is happening in the country before the international community, but specially, the authorities of her own country, you can get her out of Sallas by forcing its Government to let her leave (with the threat of losing international recognition or a even harsher punishment such as getting embargoed/blockaded/invaded if they don't cooperate)

@Arkili34 As far as the story tells, Anna probably wasn't a child of anyone politically significant, so the odds of her country's government risking to burn bridges regarding a single citizen's human rights are microscopically low. Before even getting to the point where they might need to do so, her story would most likely need to attract worldwide attention. A respected news agency would need to pick up her story, verify it and publish it. Verify events that happened over a decade ago or so. I've forgotten the specifics of the story's timeline. 

To put it short, I don't see that happening. However, if you have some more of that optimism of yours and you don't know where to put it, I'd love to have some.

It's Anna's third day in the nursery and things are not getting easier. At least she has Jane who is ready to show just what a good friend she is.

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-82964406

---

It was the third day at the nursery and although Anna now had Jane with her she was still having a very difficult time. It was the early afternoon and all the women had just been woken up from their naps. Anna hadn’t been able to sleep though, she had started to experience a problem that hadn’t yet happened at the nursery.

“I’m so stupid.” Anna moaned as she went over to Jane.

“What’s wrong?” Jane asked with concern.

“I forgot to go this morning.” Anna rested her head against the wall and then banged it with her fist, “Stupid, stupid, stupid…”

“Go? Go where?” Jane asked.

Anna winced as she cramped up.

“Oh.” Jane realised Anna’s problem.

“Yesterday I did it in the morning and got changed before coming here.” Anna said, “I was going to do it again this morning but I forgot, we were in a rush.”

“Well… why don’t you just do it?” Jane asked, “It’s not THAT bad and someone will be over to change you sooner or later.”

“I don’t want them to…” Anna winced, “Change me.”

It was a pointless protest and expecting to get through the week without getting changed at all seemed very unlikely. As she looked out across the room she could see the other women. Rebecca and Macy were nearby on the floor whilst Charlie was over by the wall. She looked even surlier than usual.

“Charlotte…” Ronnie said in a sing-song voice, “What’s that I smell?”

“Back off.” Charlie replied.

As Ronnie approached Charlie backed away until they couldn’t anymore. Anna hadn’t smelled anything herself but Ronnie could only be hinting at one thing, it was exactly what Anna was currently struggling with.

“You need a change.” Ronnie growled, “Come on.”

“Piss off!” Charlie shot back.

As Charlie kept backing away they missed that Ed, the other helper, was circling around from the blind side. There was no chance to react as the mostly silent assistant sprang the trap and wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist. Charlie screamed and kicked out their feet but once Ronnie reached joined in and grabbed their feet Charlie’s ability to fightback was greatly lowered, which isn’t to say they stopped trying.

Anna found herself wondering why Charlie bothered to resist. They were all stuck there. They would be changed sooner or later and the alternative was staying in a messy diaper even longer. Now Charlie was being strapped down to the changing table and no doubt there would be a punishment afterwards. With a start Anna realised she and Charlie weren’t so different. She was needlessly suffering trying to delay the inevitable. It didn’t make it any easier to let go.

“It looks like you aren’t the only one who needs to go.” Jane said.

“Huh?” Anna turned away from Charlie to see Jane nodding her head towards the centre of the room.

Rebecca, completely regressed and babbling to herself, had suddenly stopped playing. She pushed herself up from her hands and knees into a squatting position and almost immediately the rear of her diaper started to bulge out. Even from this distance Anna could just about hear her grunting. No sooner had she finished than she burst into loud tears. With Charlie strapped down one of the nursery assistants, Ed, walked over and took Rebecca’s hand. She was wordlessly led waddling to the changing tables.

“Ugh… You’d never catch me doing that!” Macy’s voice made Anna jump. She was stood just a couple of feet away. She was shaking her head at Rebecca.

“Um, Macy?” Jane said slowly.

“What?” Macy replied.

Anna knew what Jane was talking about. The young woman claiming she would never fill her pants like Rebecca was already in a clearly soiled diaper. Anna could immediately smell the difference when she came close and when she looked down she could see the clearly dark coloring showing the padding was well used.

Anna watched as Macy looked down. She froze up and then reached around with a hand, as soon as she felt the spongy padding she pulled her hand away. Her bottom lip trembled.

“I… I didn’t know…” Was all Macy could say.

Before Anna could say anything or react at all Macy broke into loud childish cries. Anna backed away from the stinky woman whilst holding her own tummy. It wasn’t long before Mr. Kenny himself came over.

“What’s the matter? Do you need a change?” Mr. Kenny asked Macy as he came over.

Macy nodded her head as she sobbed. Anna noticed the person in charge of the nursery look her way as he took Macy’s hand and led her away. Just like that everyone except Anna and Jane were involved in messy diaper changes. It felt like they were in an actual nursery for toddlers with how quickly it had all happened. Anna was hit with another cramp and she bent over until it passed.

“It’s really pointless trying to hold it.” Jane said with concern, “You know you’re going to be here for hours yet…”

“I can try.” Anna said through gritted teeth.

“Do you remember what happened when I first visited you?” Jane asked. It seemed a sudden change of subject, “When I was really worried and you made me feel better. You helped me out, you did something you didn’t want to do just to make me feel better. Do you remember?”

Anna remembered that first visit. When Jane had messed her diaper and been so terribly upset and afraid. Anna had done the only thing she could think of to make her friend feel better she had taken a deep breath, squatted down and…

“Oh no.” Anna shook her head, “No, no, no… You don’t have to…”

“It’s going to happen sooner or later anyway.” Jane said as she pushed her feet further apart. Her cheeks were already going red, “If I can’t help you, I can at least keep you company.”

Anna was still trying to stop Jane as the young woman bent her knees and closed her eyes. She could tell it was happening only from the way Jane moved her butt back a little more and let out her breath through her nose as she pushed. After around half a minute Jane stood up again although she looked rather embarrassed.

“See? It’s not that bad.” Jane said with a pained smile.

Anna felt embarrassed. Not because she knew what was coming but because she now felt like she was making a mountain out of a molehill. Thanks to her pride she was losing sight of the bigger picture. Here she was almost crying about having to poop her diaper, something she had been no stranger to until recent times, meanwhile Jane was going to be sent away and subjected to god knows what and yet was still trying to help her. Anna felt ashamed, her problem was miniscule next to her unfortunate friend.

Anna wouldn’t have been able to keep the fight up much longer anyway. Almost as soon as Anna even thought about giving up her body took over. Before she could even spread her legs she could feel poop almost exploding into the diaper as if every second of holding it had built the pressure up. She swallowed hard as she felt the rush of soft fecal matter fill up the back of disposable and cause it to bulge out. She shuddered as it stopped only to feel her bladder release into the front.

“It’s OK.” Jane said as she rubbed Anna’s back.

Physically Anna felt fine if not a little grossed out by the warm slush that filled her pants. Emotionally she felt defeated. Her head slumped forwards, she had done the thing she had been determined to avoid at all costs.

“We should go over to them.” Jane suggested, “We can get changed right away.”

Anna would’ve preferred hiding somewhere and not coming out until Ryan came to pick her up but that was clearly not an option. Jane took her hand and led her across to the changing tables. It was strange how the tables had turned. Anna had always felt protective of Jane but now it was her friend that was looking after her.

With a sigh of resigned acceptance Anna followed Jane towards the changing tables. She was forced to waddle from the load in her pants and couldn’t take her eyes off the floor. Once at the tables Anna forced herself to glance up just to see the diaper changes for two of the others being finished. She reached around to behind and winced as she felt what she had done. She would not be telling Ryan about this.

“Another two?” Ronnie said with exasperation as he saw Jane and Anna standing nearby, “We need more help… Or a pay rise.”

Anna was having to stop herself reacting. It was Charlie whose diaper change ended first and as soon as the restraints on the table were undone the pouting person sat up and scooted off the side. They looked like they were ready to fight anyone that got in their way. Anna took a step to the side, she had rarely been one to shirk confrontation but there was a time and a place. Charlie looked like she was just begging for someone to step up to them.

“Don’t forget your spanking later.” Ronnie called after Charlie. To which Charlie stuck their middle-finger up at him over their shoulder, “Alright, that’s another ten!”

Anna was still looking over towards Charlie when a hand suddenly clasped around her arm. She was yanked and as she stumbled off-balance she ended up falling down. With the grip on her arm maintained the rest of her went down until she was sat on the ground.

On impact with the floor Anna felt the poop she had so recently pushed out get sandwiched between the floor and her body. She froze up and cringed as she felt the mud bubbling around her. She wasn’t given any time to dwell on the disgusting feelings though as she was lifted back to her feet and then put on to the table.

“About time you were on this table.” Ronnie said, “It’s not good for little cuties like yourself to hold it all in.”

Anna was repulsed by the way the nursery assistant talked to her as if she was a child. She had to resist retorting verbally or physically, she could see the restraints that had so recently held Charlie down, Ronnie would have no compunction in tying her down she was sure.

“Ooh, what a stinky baby.” Ronnie said as he opened the disposable.

Anna’s face was red and she was having to bite her tongue so hard she was almost drawing blood. Jane had been led away by Ed and was presumably being changed as well, Anna couldn’t see because they were behind her. She wished she could see Jane if for no other reason than to have something to distract herself.

All Anna could do was look up at the ceiling and pray that this was over sooner rather than later. She tried to ignore the demeaning comments from the person changing her diaper but it was very difficult to do so.

“We’ll have you clean and dry soon.”

“What a good girl!”

“Lift that bot-bot for me. That’s it.”

Each comment that left Ronnie’s mouth stung Anna like a bee. She closed eyes that were shimmering with embarrassed tears. She didn’t think she’d be able to stop from exploding with emotion, whether that was anger or sadness she wasn’t sure. Just before she reached her limit she felt the used diaper being pulled out from beneath her.

A minute later a new diaper was being tightly wrapped around Anna’s waist before being taped closed. When she was finally allowed off the table it wasn’t a moment too soon. She was just about to hurry away when she felt a couple of little pats to her rear end.

“There you go.” Ronnie said in that sickeningly sweet voice, “Back to playing with your toys.”

It was enough to send Anna over the edge. She spun around and was just about to vent her spleen at the nursery assistant when Jane hurried over. Before Anna could say anything that would’ve got her in trouble Jane was pulling on her arm.

“Come on.” Jane said, “Let’s go play.”

The red mist had descended but Jane’s words seemed to clear the anger. Anna took several deep breaths before turning back away from Ronnie. That emotion had to go somewhere though and as Jane led the way over to Anna’s favourite corner she couldn’t stop the tears streaming down her face.

• Like 6

It isn't just Anna in the nursery suffering. Ryan hs his own troubles. With rumours of him being "pussy whipped" spreading amongst the students he has been made an outcast in a country where making connections is priority number one for the students. However, with Anna in the nursery perhaps there is a way for Ryan to get back into everyone's good books...

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-83304725

---

Ryan was sat alone in the cafeteria. Around him there were lots of loud and obnoxious males comparing their stories of conquest or talking about whatever they had been doing on their last night out. There was no one at Ryan’s table and he was eating his way through an apple at the end of his lessons. He would be going to pick up Anna in just a few minutes.

On a personal level Ryan couldn’t care less that he was seen as bit of an oddball. He had heard the whispers about him, the rumors that he was a soft touch and that he was “pussy whipped.” More than once Ryan had walked past other men and found them stopping whatever they were saying and watching as he went by. He thought most of them were annoying at best and insufferable at worst so eating alone didn’t bother him.

On a professional level Ryan was panicking. These people, as awful as they were, would be the future of business, industry and politics. They were the children of the elite, his own father had spent a minor fortune sending him here expecting his son to come back with the knowledge and contacts to be a future leader. To be a pariah among these people threatened to strangle his hopes of a career before he could even start.

Ryan really, really wanted to go into business. As much as he disagreed with his father in pretty much every aspect of his life he had to admit that he loved business. It had been all he ever wanted to be. When other little boys wanted to grow up as superheroes or astronauts Ryan was having pretend boardroom meetings with his stuffed toys.

In his weaker moments Ryan wondered if this was all worth it. He considered that maybe he was wrong and that the other men had it all right. There were times where he felt like he was giving up everything he ever dreamed of for no reason. When he thought about that he felt shivers go down his spine.

Shaking his head Ryan tried to get such thoughts out of his head. He was right and the rest of the country was wrong… right?

“What’s up?”

Ryan was saved from further rumination about his status by a most unexpected voice. Looking up from the table Ryan saw Paul standing in front of him along with some of the other guys he used to hang around with. Ryan hadn’t spoken to any of these men for quite some time, to see them all standing around him now was both unusual and a little intimidating.

“May I sit down?” Paul asked indicating the chair on the opposite side of the table.

“Of course.” Ryan replied as he sat up straight in his seat. He wasn’t sure what was going on and it was putting him on edge.

“We heard about Anna.” Paul smiled, “It took you long enough but I’m glad to hear you’ve caught on. It’s better late than never to grow some balls.”

“Well, actually I-…” Ryan started as Paul’s friends laughed.

“We’ve decided to give you a second chance.” Paul said. He held out his hands like he was being magnanimous.

“Oh, right…” Ryan said. Now it all made sense. They thought he had chosen to send Anna to the nursery as a way to punish her or something.

“Welcome back to the fold.” Another of the men said with a confident smirk.

This seemed to solve Ryan’s problems. If they believed he had “grown some balls” then he wasn’t going to correct them. If there was any way he could have both his wife and career he wasn’t going to turn his nose up at it. He didn’t feel comfortable though, it felt like there was something wrong or more to be said.

“Anna told me Jane was in there.” Ryan tried to sound casual as he tried to find out if there was a way to save the woman.

“Yeah, I sent the paperwork off this morning.” Paul sniffed. It didn’t seem to bother him at all that he was sending a woman to Finishing School, “As soon as it’s processed she’ll be off.”

“An eligible bachelor again.” Another of the guys said prompting some laughter. Ryan felt unwell.

Ryan realised that he was better than these people regardless. He occasionally had dark thoughts about what might happen if he acted more like Paul and treated Anna how Sallas said she should be treated but he would never actually do it. He would never do something that could hurt a fellow person like that. As he watched Paul casually sitting amongst his friends after sending a woman to be essentially tortured Ryan felt nothing but loathing.

Despite all of those negative feelings Ryan couldn’t hide the fact that he was also thrilled. If they truly thought he was like one of them perhaps his future wasn’t dead in the water after all. Maybe there was still a way for him to get everything that he wanted.

“It’s your turn to host the big end of week party by the way.” Paul said after a few seconds, “Well, technically it was last week but you were, you know, persona non grata.”

“Oh…” Ryan felt himself deflating a little, “I don’t know, could we postpone it a couple of weeks?”

Ryan’s suggestion was feeble and as he looked around he saw the other men looking at him with furrowed brows. The laughter and joy was gone and now Ryan saw what they were really thinking. They were suspicious. He was being given a second chance to prove himself but it was obvious he was on a tightrope. Ryan had wanted to delay things to give Anna time get prepared but now he saw that wasn’t an option.

“You know what…” Ryan smiled, “It’s fine. End of the week. Looking forward to it.”

“Good man.” Paul said with an approving nod, “Look, we know things have been a bit… tense recently. But it’s nothing that can’t be forgiven, eh? See you around.”

Ryan nodded and smiled something that he hoped looked genuine as the other men walked away. As he watched their backs retreating he realised how tense he had been for the whole time. He relaxed and tried to take a couple of deep breaths.

For all the happiness he felt that he was being accepted back into the fold it was all cancelled out by anxiety and fear. He knew Anna would not like this news and how could he really blame her. After the week she was having he was sure the last things she would want was to have to host a party. That wasn’t even mentioning that Ryan knew what these parties were like. He’d been to many before he had been ostracized. It was full of debauchery and as the men got drunker, rowdier and less inhibited it was usually the woman that was made to suffer unwanted advances. Things always felt like they had the potential to get really dark.

Ryan pushed his food away as he picked up his bag and left the table. He had to pick up Anna and he would welcome the walk giving him a chance to think. The air was cold but thanks to Sallas’s warm climate a cool evening meant little more than putting on a small jacket.

The walk to the nursery was short and Ryan had been so zoned out he had hardly registered his progress towards it. He was surprised when he looked up to see the nursery door right in front of him. He pushed the door open and walked inside, it looked the same as each of the previous days but this time Anna was waiting for him, she was standing as close to the door as Ryan supposed she could without getting in trouble. As soon as she saw him she walked over to stand next to him.

Ryan wasn’t exactly sure how to broach the subject of the party. Anna was quieter than usual which he guessed meant that she had had a bad day. That said he would certainly need to say something to her. He waited until they had got home and she had been able to have a shower.

“So… Paul spoke to me today.” Ryan began. Anna looked suddenly interested and Ryan realised she thought he might have news to save Jane, “It isn’t about Jane.”

Anna became decidedly less interested. Ryan took a deep breath.

“It looks like I’ve been invited back into the fold.” Ryan said with a small smile.

“That’s good.” Anna replied cautiously. Was Ryan crazy or did he get a hint of sarcasm behind the words?

“Yeah…” Ryan grimaced pre-emptively, “I have to host the weekend party.”

“Ryan…” Anna threw her head back.

“I know, I know.” Ryan said, “Look, I didn’t really get much say in the matter!”

“Did you try “no”?” Anna asked. There was no hiding the sarcasm behind those words.

Ryan had to admit that he hadn’t. All he had really suggested was delaying the party and even that had foundered under the merest resistance. Anna didn’t understand the pressure on him to agree though. He really didn’t have a choice, it was the only way he would have a chance at having a promising future which in turn would surely help out Anna.

“Jesus, Ryan, this week of all weeks?” Anna looked angry.

“I know it’s hard...” Ryan said softly.

“Do you?” Anna asked. She was definitely angry, “Do you know how hard it is? Going to that nursery every day, being humiliated, and seeing your friend just waiting to be sent away? Do you?”

Ryan sighed. He didn’t mean to imply it wasn’t very difficult for Anna and he knew that she knew that as well. By the time she had finished talking she had run out of steam, the pressure that had been threatening to burst out had dissipated.

“I’m sorry.” Anna said quietly, “It’s just been a tough day.”

“Want to talk about it?” Ryan asked.

“No.” Anna replied before her shoulders slumped and she felt a tight know of emotion in her throat, “Yes.”

Ryan sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to him. He was pleased to see his wife walk over and sink down into the seat. She leaned sideways against him and put her feet up on the couch cushions, her hear still had a faint smell of the shampoo she had used that morning. She didn’t immediately say anything. Ryan was about to prompt her when he heard her sniff loudly, she was shaking a little as she tried to hide her crying.

• Like 9

Anna returns for another day at the nursery. There is some very bad news from Jane but maybe one of their fellow "prisoners" as an idea...

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-nine-83651281

My writing is my sole income so I appreciate each and every person who can help me pay the bills and fill the refrigerator. For $5 a month you can see everything I post one full week before the rest of the world. For $10 you can see the updates early AND you get access to 47 stories that are EXCLUSIVE for patrons. I post two updates of 2,000+ words a week. For more information on additional patron tiers and rewards (such as discounts on commissions or free stories) please check out my Patreon page:

---

“A way out?” Anna replied. Her anger disappeared. The faintest flicker of hope was enough to get her interested.

“I was going to make a break for it myself but I could use someone to watch my back out there.” Charlie continued, “Hell, three of us would be even better.”

“Woah, woah, woah…” Anna said as she let go of Jane and turned to face Charlie. She looked around to make sure none of the men were listening, “First of all, how are you getting out? Just walk out the front door?”

“Not the front door.” Charlie replied, “The back door.”

Anna shook her head. She didn’t see how anyone could expect to just waltz out of this place. Even if you could get outside the nursery Anna didn’t see how you’d get much further, it wasn’t like women didn’t run away or try to escape Sallas often. Everything she heard suggested that escape attempts were never successful and if you were caught it usually meant bad things in your future.

“Look, at nap time the quiet guard, Ed, goes out for a smoke. I’ve noticed he doesn’t lock the door. I’ve been chiseling my way through the bars on my crib. Today I’m going to break them, slip out, and run for it.” Charlie said.

“What about the tracking devices?” Anna asked as she pointed to her own leg. All of the women had identical black boxes attached to them.

“Those things?” Charlie scoffed, “The straps on them are cheap. We’ll cut through them and leave them in a ditch or something.”

“That’s it?” Anna replied skeptically, “That’s your plan?”

“It’s pretty hard to predict what will happen once we get out there.” Charlie replied honestly.

“No shit.” Anna snorted, “Believe me I want nothing more than to get out of this country. But you’ve seen the escape attempts on the news… they never work.”

“Well of course they’ll say that.” Charlie said, “You think they’d tell you if women could escape? They want you to think it’s impossible so you won’t bother trying. Look, once we are out there we make our way to the border. We stay away from major roads, we steal what we need and we get out. The countries bordering us all grant women asylum.”

Anna already knew that the neighboring countries offered Sallasian women asylum. She had seen plenty of that on her illegal searches of the internet. There were also a few accounts of women who had made the run and got out but there was no way to verify if they were real or not.

“It’s too risky.” Anna shook her head.

“I’ll do it.” Jane’s quiet voice piped up.

Anna and Charlie both turned to Jane who slowly turned herself around. Her eyes were red and puffy but if she had been crying she had stopped now, she actually had a small smile on her face which worried Anna a lot.

“It isn’t like I have anything to lose.” Jane shrugged.

“Atta girl.” Charlie nodded.

All eyes turned to Anna. She looked down between her legs and tried to think. Getting out of Sallas had always felt like an unobtainable goal, even doing things officially with Ryan it seemed a near impossibility. She truly wanted to believe Charlie was right and that women could get out, but it meant acting on blind faith. Freedom could be outside the door… but it seemed even more likely that the Finishing School was there. She could see herself packed into the back of a van with Charlie and Jane and taken away never to be seen again.

“Think about it.” Charlie said, “Nap time today I will be getting out and both of you are welcome to join me.”

As Charlie backed away from her Anna almost wanted to curse her for giving her a choice. When escape wasn’t an option it was easy to just never think about it. Now that it had been brought up she found her mind obsessing over the idea. She had a decent thing here, she loved Ryan and he treated her well, could she give up a relatively safe life for the unknown?

You think Ryan wouldn’t send you to Finishing School if it helped his career? An unwanted voice in Anna’s brain asked. Ryan’s desire to be a top businessman wasn’t a secret to her, if it came down to a choice between his career and her could she truly be sure he wouldn’t choose his job? She couldn’t help but think how quickly Ryan had agreed to host a party and join in with the other guys when given a chance to rescue his career, who was to say that he wouldn’t give her up entirely if he had to?

For the rest of the morning Anna and Jane sat in mostly silence. Anna was very clearly occupied with the question of escape and Jane was the same way. It was easier for Jane, as she herself said she had nothing to lose. Anna had her meagre freedoms. If she went to Finishing School she would lose herself and that meant losing everything she had. She wouldn’t be killed but her personality would be as good as dead.

When the women were put down for their naps Anna’s heart was hammering like she had been running around all morning. Even as the room fell silent and she watched Ed leave the room with a cigarette she didn’t know what she was going to do. She rolled over whilst still pretending to be asleep. She saw Charlie push against one of the crib’s bars a couple of times before it came away, it hit the floor and made a small bang.

After a couple of seconds when it became clear that no one was coming Charlie slipped out of her crib and landed on the ground. Anna’s wide eyes watched as she ran over to Jane’s crib. She trod on the release and caught the bars before they clattered into the ground. Jane climbed out and looked around fearfully.

They looked ridiculous. Anna saw the two women rushing around with bare feet and onesies covering their diapers. The idea that they could get very far like that seemed absurd and yet she couldn’t help but be drawn to joining them. No matter how futile it might be it almost felt like her duty to escape, to at least try and get somewhere where she could be a normal woman equal to the men around her. Charlie looked like she was going to head straight to the exit but Jane pulled her to Anna’s crib.

“Anna?” Jane whispered.

Anna sat up and looked at Jane. Charlie reluctantly came over though it was obvious she didn’t want to hang around for a single unnecessary second. Anna bit her lip as she looked at the two women in front of her.

“Come on!” Charlie muttered impatiently.

Anna started to get up. She could see freedom and as impossible as it sounded to her the chance was still not zero. Images flashed in her mind of the three of them running through the words hand in hand, stealing clothes, hiding out and finally making their way across the border. On the other side freedom awaited them. A chance to go to college and have a career, a place where she wouldn’t have to be on edge all the time. It was a romanticized vision of what would happen, she knew that.

“We have to go…” Charlie started pulling on Jane’s arm but Anna’s friend refused to be pulled away.

“I… I can’t.” Anna replied with a full feeling in her throat.

No matter how much Anna yearned for freedom she couldn’t ignore how difficult escaping Sallas was. As much as she wished to be with Jane and keep her safe at the same time she couldn’t abandon Ryan. She loved him and didn’t want to run away and leave him in the lurch. She thought about how he would feel if she tried to escape and failed, she’d be returned to him after Finishing School as a different woman.

“Are you sure?” Jane asked. She couldn’t completely hide her disappointment and fear.

Anna nodded her head quickly. She didn’t feel like she would be able to speak without bursting into tears. It wasn’t often that her head won out over her heart but she had to let it happen this time. She reached out her hands through the bars and Jane grabbed them. She held on so hard Anna was afraid she would break them.

“Be safe.” Anna choked out.

Jane nodded her head before Charlie’s incessant pulling finally won out. Anna felt Jane’s grip slip before she let go completely and trailed after Charlie towards the door. Anna crawled to the other side of the crib and watched as they got near the door. Her heart caught in her throat as she suddenly saw the door open and Ed walk back in. Jane and Charlie pressed themselves against the wall where they were hidden from the door but that would only work until it closed. Anna had to react instinctively.

Anna jumped up to her feet and then leapt again at the rails. She had never been the most athletic but the panic seemed to unlock something in her and she was able to pull herself over to the top of the rails. She tipped her bodyweight forwards and fell all the way down to the floor landing painfully on her ass. Normally Anna would do everything in her power not to cry but now she wanted as much attention as possible.

Taking in a deep breath Anna let out the loudest cry she could ever imagine. She banged the floor with her hands and feet and practically screamed. A couple of seconds later she heard two more voices joining the chorus as Rebecca and Macy, suddenly woken up, started crying as well. Anna looked out of the corner of her eye as Ed started walking over with the door still open.

“Did the baby get a boo-boo?” Ronnie asked as he strode across the room towards her.

Anna nodded her head and acted as much like an upset baby as she possibly could. As Ed came over as well Anna looked past him and saw Charlie and Jane disappearing through the door and closing it behind them. Just like that they were gone.

“How did she end up here?” Mr. Kenny’s voice commanded everyone’s attention.

“I think she climbed out.” Ronnie replied.

Anna now had the three men standing around her discussing how she had ended up on the floor. The noise in the room was incredible thanks to the other two women wailing, Anna was thankful for that because with Jane and Charlie out the door she found it much harder to keep up the act.

“Alright, you two sort out the other two girls.” Mr. Kenny said, “I’ll take care of Anna.”

The two assistants walked away from Anna and towards the other cribs. Mr. Kenny then knelt down in front of Anna. He watched her for a couple of seconds before reaching down and pulling her to her feet.

“It’s OK, baby.” Mr. Kenny said in a soothing voice, “What happened? Did you climb out of your crib?”

Anna nodded. Very quickly she saw Mr. Kenny’s face change. It had hardened as he looked from Anna to the crib and back. He pressed his foot on the nearby release and the rails came rattling down. He didn’t attempt to keep the bars from banging as they hit the ground. Anna jumped at the loud noise whilst the other two women cried even louder.

“You know that’s against the rules.” Mr. Kenny said more harshly, “Why were you climbing your bed, little girl?”

Anna couldn’t very well say she was causing a distraction so two women could sneak out and make a run for it. She didn’t have a legitimate reason so she shrugged.

“Well… Let’s get you back in your crib.” Mr. Kenny said as he directed Anna towards the bed.

Anna was just about to climb up when she felt Mr. Kenny’s arm in her back pushing her forwards over the edge of the mattress. She grunted and exclaimed at the sudden harsh treatment. She was just about to ask the caretaker what the hell he was doing when she felt his hand slam into her rear. She let out a little scream from shock as she was spanked over the edge of the crib. A methodical and painful ten swats stung her cheeks.

“Climbing is dangerous.” Mr. Kenny said as he finished the impromptu punishment, “You must listen to the men around you. You must listen to their rules. They exist to protect girls like you from hurting themselves.”

The condescension in Mr. Kenny’s voice was almost enough to make Anna swear at him. She bit her tongue and nodded her head compliantly. As the pressure was released from her back she was allowed to climb back into the crib. Instead of raising the railings Mr. Kenny reached over to the far corner and then grabbed Anna’s ankle, a second later she felt something tightening around the bottom of her leg.

“We have to make sure you’re not going to go anywhere.” Mr. Kenny said as he started restraining Anna to the bed.

One by one Anna’s limbs were placed in the restraints at each corner. Everything was tightened until Anna was forced into a star shape and couldn’t pull her arms of legs back to her body. Anna felt extremely vulnerable like this but at the same time knew she was better off not kicking up a fuss and incurring more of Mr. Kenny’s wrath.

“Enjoy the rest of your nap.” Mr. Kenny said as he pulled up the railings and walked away.

Anna let out a deep breath as her head laid back on the pillow. She could feel herself sweating. Now that the adrenaline was leaving her system everything that had just happened started to sink in. She prayed that Jane and Charlie were already making good progress, getting off campus would be tough. Anna closed her eyes, as the excitement went away she felt drained and to her surprise she soon found herself drifting into sleep.

To say the rest of the day was chaotic would be an understatement. Anna was awoken from her nap by raised voices and as she lifted her head up she saw the three men were around Jane’s crib. Mr. Kenny was on his phone whilst Ed and Ronnie were skulking in the background with brows furrowed.

For once Sallas’s bureaucracy worked in Anna’s favour. It was needless to say that Mr. Kenny believed that Anna was part of the escape attempt.

“You were the distraction.” Mr. Kenny jabbed an accusing finger into Anna’s chest. She was still strapped to the mattress.

“I have no idea-” Anna started.

“You think you’ve helped them?” Mr. Kenny let out a bark of a laugh, “You’ll be joining your little friend in Finishing School.”

Needless to say Anna was terrified but thanks to the need for paperwork Mr. Kenny actually couldn’t do anything so extreme without evidence. He strongly suspected Anna, of course, but even in Sallas suspicion wasn’t everything. He got increasingly angry as Jane and Charlie apparently remained unfound. Anna silently cheered them on and hoped they were putting as much distance between themselves and the college as possible. The further away they got the harder it would be to find them.

Anna remained tied to the crib and basically forgotten for the rest of the afternoon. She relaxed herself and casually wet her diaper as she watched the activity bustling around her. Security guards with guns and stern faces came in and talked to people before leaving again. One even spoke to Anna but she just said she had no idea what happened. It didn’t look like anyone really believed her but that didn’t matter.

When Ryan walked in at the end of the day there was still no news about Jane and Anna had been left neglected in the crib all day. It happened behind the headboard of the crib so she couldn’t see what was happening but the loud voices let her know there was some disagreement. With the intense discussion ongoing Ronnie came over to the crib and lowered the side. He removed the restraints and walked away again without a word.

Anna slowly sat up. After so long kept in the same position all of her muscles complained at being asked to move again. She twisted sideways and sat on the edge of the baby bed as she stretched, her neck cracked loudly when she tilted her head from side to side.

“Mr. Manning, I know you must want your girl back in the home but…” Mr. Kenny said.

“You do not have the right!” Ryan replied.

Anna slipped off the edge of the bed and waddled over to her husband. She still had no idea what the conversation was about beyond she was the subject. When Mr. Kenny saw Anna walk over his lips thinned and pressed together so tightly they turned completely white.

“I assure you I do.” Mr. Kenny said as he looked to Ryan again, “This is my domain and I can do whatever I like. What Anna did today-…”

“You have no evidence that she was involved!” Ryan retorted, “From what you’ve told me you simply found her on the floor. It should be ME getting mad at how you allowed her to end up there.”

“Regardless…” Mr. Kenny shook his head slowly, “In here my word is the law. I may not be able to prove Anna committed a crime in helping two other girls escape, I may not be able to send her to Finishing School but I can and will keep her here until I’m satisfied she has been reformed into a good girl.”

“W-Wait…” Anna stammered, “What are you saying?”

“Or would you rather we went to the Dean?” Mr. Kenny asked, “We can let him decide and believe me when I say he has no qualms about sending girls away.”

Anna was stood just behind Ryan almost subconsciously using her husband as a shield. She could see Ryan shaking and very tense, it seemed like he was about to literally explode out of his skin.

“Perhaps the news would be better coming from you.” Mr. Kenny smirked, “I’ll give you both a minute.”

Mr. Kenny turned and walked away. As he did so Anna saw Ronnie and Ed walking behind her and blocking access to the door. It felt like they were about to be ambushed, as if they had walked into a trap and it was just dawning on them that there was no escape. Ryan turned around and Anna could see he was angry.

“You have to stay here.” Ryan said simply, “You’re not coming home with me tonight.”

“What!?” Anna exclaimed.

“Mr. Kenny says you helped Jane escape?” Ryan muttered quietly.

Anna didn’t say anything or make any movement that might confirm or deny what Ryan had said. It was obviously true. Anna didn’t know how Ryan would react but she didn’t think he would put his hands up to his face. It seemed like he was weary of everything that was going on, his frustration was plain to see.

“Why?” Ryan finally asked, “Do you even understand the risks you run? Do you understand what could happen to you and me if you’d been seen? For the love of god, Anna, I appreciate Jane is your friend but…”

“I don’t need a lecture.” Anna replied. It was her old temper, the one she had been holding back all day finally letting loose.

“I don’t know what to do.” Ryan sighed. His hands dropped down and as his emotions drained away it left a defeated looking man, “I’m starting to think you like making things difficult…”

“I couldn’t let Jane get caught trying to escape.” Anna said.

“Jane is fucked either way.” Ryan stated. His straightness made Anna wince, “Either she got sent away or they’ll send her away when they catch her.”

“She might make it out…” Anna said. She was very aware of how little it sounded like she truly believed that.

“Well, anyway, there’s nothing I can do.” Ryan finally shrugged his shoulders, “You’re being kept here every weekday and you come home on weekends.”

“For how long?” Anna asked.

“A month at least.” Ryan said as sympathy crept into his voice, “Mr. Kenny was angling for the whole semester but I think I’ve talked him down.”

“A… A month…” Anna’s brain had gone blank. She felt dizzy and wondered if she was about to pass out. This couldn’t be right. She was supposed to finish this sentence in a few days but now weeks had been added, “I can’t…”

“You have to.” Ryan put his hands on Anna’s shoulders, “The alternative is much, much worse.”

Anna started crying and unlike earlier in the day she didn’t need to exaggerate her emotions. She leaned forwards against Ryan, he was clearly hesitating to hug her but after a couple of awkward pats on her back he wrapped his arms around her. A part of Anna was worried that this closeness would somehow be used against them but right then and there she needed her husband to offer her some comfort.

“Stay strong.” Ryan whispered, “Keep your head down.”

Anna didn’t ever want to let go but eventually she had no choice. She wiped her eyes as she stepped back and watched as Ryan walked past her and out of the nursery. Before the door had even closed Ronnie and Ed were closing in on her.

• Like 8

I have my doubts about those two escaping for long and Jane was done anyway so I can understand that she at least wants to give it a try. Anna keeping her head low for a whole month we will see how this goes, they probably try to find more reasons to extend her time or provoke her.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anna can only hope and pray that Jane was able to escape. However, when Charlie is unceremoniously brought back to the nursery Anna can only fear the worst.

---

If you enjoy this story you can see the next part RIGHT NOW on my Patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/posts/sallas-part-one-84386122

My writing is my sole income so I appreciate each and every person who can help me pay the bills and fill the refrigerator. For $5 a month you can see everything I post one full week before the rest of the world. For $10 you can see the updates early AND you get access to 47 stories that are EXCLUSIVE for patrons. I post two updates of 2,000+ words a week. For more information on additional patron tiers and rewards (such as discounts on commissions or free stories) please check out my Patreon page:

---

Anna had felt like a prisoner before being told she couldn’t leave the nursery but now it felt a lot more literal. She was fed dinner in her highchair and then put in her crib very early in the evening along with the other two women. Both the runaway women’s cribs remained empty which could only be a good thing.

As Anna closed her eyes that night she thought about Jane and Charlie. She wondered how they were getting on. In her mind’s eye she saw them running from the campus and disappearing into a wooded area, she pictured them making food over a small campfire and going to sleep curled up closely for warmth. She felt confident that as long as Jane was with Charlie she was safe. Charlie definitely seemed to know how to look after themselves.

The next morning Anna woke up early. As she stretched out and felt her diaper crinkle between her legs she looked out at the nursery. It took her a few moments to remember where she was. She looked over at the empty cribs and saw they were still undisturbed.

The morning was exactly what Anna expected. She was allowed out of her crib after a little while and given a bottle, unlike when she first came here she didn’t hesitate to drink from it. As she did so she let loose with her bladder, there was no sneaking away to use the bathroom like when she was at home. Of course that wasn’t the end of it. She usually needed to poop in the morning and usually tried to make sure it happened before going to the nursery. That wasn’t an option now.

Without Jane to make her feel better Anna ducked behind one of the changing tables so she was out of sight of everyone whilst she did her business. She crouched down and pushed. It was a well-practiced motion after all these years in diapers so it was all over in a matter of seconds. She held her breath and a second later the seat of her disposable started to bulge out. She sighed in annoyance. How she wished she could be at home doing this in the toilet or at least changing herself to keep a little dignity.

“Finished?” Ronnie’s gruff voice made Anna’s skin crawl.

Looking over her shoulder Anna saw the bald nursery assistant standing behind her and smirking. Anna slowly stood up and felt her diaper sag. Some of the stink escaped as she moved. Ronnie walked up to her and reached around to the filled diaper, without breaking eye contact he pressed his hand against the bulging padding and pressed it against her ass. Anna winced and closed her eyes.

“Need a change, saggy pants?” Ronnie asked with a smirk.

“You know I do.” Anna muttered under her breath.

“I hope it was worth it.” Ronnie continued as he reached under Anna’s arms.

Anna bit her tongue. The nursery assistant was trying to get a rise out of her. After the events of the previous day she had no doubt that both Ronnie and Ed had been given a severe dressing down by Mr. Kenny and they were happy to turn their attentions to Anna since they were as sure as everyone else that she was involved.

“Let’s get that little mush butt of yours changed.” Ronnie growled. The cutesy words sounding even more threatening as they were growled out by this huge man.

Anna was lifted up and before she could even register what was happening she was sat on the edge of the changing table. The depressingly familiar feeling of poop spreading out over the diaper and against her butt made her shiver. She slowly lifted her legs up and turned sideways so the she could lay down.

Whilst she was changed Anna looked out at the nursery. She could see the other two women sleepily playing with each other on the floor. There was only two people less and yet the room felt so much emptier. Anna wasn’t looking forwards to trying to keep herself occupied without Jane here. She looked at Macy, the woman desperately trying not to become the regressed baby that Rebecca was, and swallowed nervously. She was going to spend a lot of time here, she prayed she didn’t somehow end up like her.

Anna closed her eyes as she imagined herself as a baby trapped in a woman’s body. She could picture Ryan’s sad eyes as he had to look after her, she would be a burden rather than a wife. She couldn’t even be sure her husband would keep her. If it came down to it would Ryan really find her worth the hassle when he had his job to worry about as well. She supposed that Ryan could hire a babysitter but...

Anna shook her head. There was nothing good to be gained from going down that line of thinking. The only thing she could do was make sure that she didn’t end up a brainless baby. No matter what happened she had to keep herself occupied even if that meant sitting in the corner and obsessively trying to remember stories, facts and other things that would keep her synapses firing.

“All done.” Ronnie said as he finished taping up the new diaper, “I’m sure there will be many, many more to come.”

Anna was lifted off the table and put back on the floor. She wobbled slightly as Ronnie patted her butt a couple of times and then walked away. After a moment’s hesitation Anna went back to the safety of the beanbag chair in the corner. Since she was stuck there anyway she didn’t feel the need to try and socialize with the others.

All morning she was constantly plagued by a tide of panic that she was only able to keep at bay with a lot of difficulty. She was just trying to get through each minute as it came but if she really was going to be spending all her time here except for weekends for the rest of the semester she was sure she’d go mad.

“Do you wanna pway wif us?” Rebecca shouted to Anna.

Anna was shaken out of her dread as she looked over at the two baby women. Her first thought was, of course, to ignore them but when she saw Mr. Kenny looking on she had second-thoughts. He knew she didn’t want to be here, he knew this was hell for her, so what better way to stick it to him than to not be miserable. Sure playing with the toys would feel humiliating but Anna had to take her wins where she could. Perhaps if she played with the babies she would more easily recognize if she started to become like them.

With more than a little trepidation Anna joined Macy and Rebecca. She certainly wasn’t getting into the games as much as the other two but it was enough to occupy her time at least. She would have a lot of time to occupy since it was only Wednesday and although she was apparently allowed to go home with Ryan for the weekend that felt a long way away at that point. With a jolt of dread Anna remembered the party she was going to have to be a part of that evening when all she wanted to do was relax and enjoy some time away from the nursery.

It was a couple of hours later and with Anna’s diaper getting wet enough to soon need a change that the phone on Mr. Kenny’s desk rang. She didn’t pay any attention until she heard excitement and laughter. She looked up from the doll she had half-dressed to the desk. Mr. Kenny was smiling widely and talking animatedly. After a couple of minutes he hung up the phone and immediately called Ronnie and Ed over. Anna couldn’t hear what he was saying to them but they looked happy and the two assistants left the room together. That was unusual and left Mr. Kenny the only man in the nursery.

Anna had a bad feeling about everything that she was witnessing. An hour later her fears were realised. The door to the nursery opened and the assistants came back in… they weren’t alone. Charlie was led in on a chain. Her upper-half was in a straitjacket as she waddled in behind the two large men.

“Charlotte.” Mr. Kenny walked over and stood in front of the returned prisoner, “It’s good to have you back with us.”

“Bite me.” Charlie replied without missing a beat.

“Take her to her crib and leave her there.” Mr. Kenny spoke to the assistants but was still looking at Charlie, “We'll discuss your behaviour later.”

Anna watched as Charlie was pulled over to the cribs. Even now they were resisting as much as they possibly could. Anna expected the assistants to leave the room and come back with Jane but they didn’t. There was no sign of her. Anna had no idea whether that should be considered good news or not, it certainly left her feeling anxious.

Suddenly the thought of playing with dolls was repellent to Anna and she quickly dropped them. She didn’t think the other women even noticed as she moved back to her corner. She looked over to where Charlie was being manhandled. Ronnie and Ed had taken off the straitjacket and were working on restraining them to the crib. Even after everything Charlie was still putting up a fight. Anna wanted to go over and question Charlie but she didn’t want to risk being seen by the men. She had to wait.

In the end it wasn’t until the evening when Anna finally got a chance to talk to Charlie. They had been left in the crib all day but with things winding down after dinner Anna found a moment where she could sneak amongst the cribs until she was standing next to Charlie’s cell.

“What happened?” Anna whispered.

“Oh, hey, it turns out you were right.” Charlie said with a wry smile, “It isn’t easy getting out of this country.”

“Where’s Jane?” Anna muttered urgently. She was praying that Jane had somehow avoided capture.

Charlie’s expression darkened and Anna immediately knew that her friend wasn’t still on the run or safe. She felt her stomach sink and thought she might throw up. Even Charlie, someone who seemed to only ever display anger, looked like she had tears in her eyes. She worked to blink them away.

“We were caught on the outskirts of town.” Charlie muttered, “Government people in a van suddenly pulled up on us. Someone must’ve seen us and called them. They grabbed Jane before we could even react. I tried to run but didn’t get far.”

“But where is Jane?” Anna asked breathlessly.

“Finishing School.” Charlie replied, “They took her away. Anna, I’m sorry I know you were-…”

Anna wasn’t listening. She dropped back away from the crib bars. Her worst fears had been realised. There was nothing she could do anymore, Jane had been taken and was perhaps already at the Finishing School. A crushing overwhelming guilt fell on her like a boulder.

“I should’ve been there…” Anna said. She thought she would break down but instead she just went numb, “I should’ve gone with you… Helped you.”

“There was nothing you could do.” Charlie said simply before continuing in her no nonsense manner, “Don’t start with that “it’s all my fault” bullshit.”

“I could’ve helped watch out for danger.” Anna shook her head, “I might’ve seen them coming, I might’ve been able to fight them of or…”

“Anna, there was nothing anyone could do.” Charlie’s voice had dropped to a more considerate tone as she looked at the grief-stricken Anna, “Nothing. If you were there you’d just have been caught as well.”

“But…” Anna started.

“I’m serious, Anna.” Charlie said as she laid her head back down, “Now go back to your corner. If they catch us together they’ll punish us both and I’m already in enough trouble as it is.”

Anna was on auto-pilot as she walked away from the crib and made her way back over to the beanbag she had made her own. Her mind still felt frozen. She had experienced a lot of things but few had hit her on such an emotional level as this. Poor Jane, her one friend, was essentially gone. Her body would remain but whenever she came out of Finishing School she wouldn’t be the same woman. Anna would probably never even see her again.

The last realization, that she would never see Jane again, finally shocked her brain back into life. The fogginess that had prevented her absorbing the terrible news lifted and she was faced with crushing despair. She started sobbing and no matter what she did the tears became stronger and more numerous until she was crying loudly. She buried her face in her hands and couldn’t stop thinking about poor Jane’s fate.

Anna had heard what Charlie had said but she didn’t agree with them. She should’ve been there to help. She should’ve thrown caution to the wind and made a break for the border. If she had been there everything would’ve been different. They would’ve made different decisions. Who knows how things might’ve gone? Maybe Anna was the missing piece that they needed to make it all the way.

Lost in her own little world of misery Anna didn’t see nor hear Ed walking across the room to her. She was crying loudly when she felt a hand suddenly grab one of her arms and pull her to her feet. She squealed as she stumbled forwards. She didn’t even have a chance to look up when she felt another hand cupping the bottom of her diaper and pressing it up against her.

Anna’s brain was overwhelmed by everything and only slowly realised it was Ed and that he thought she was crying because she needed a change. She was wet but not enough to need a change and even if she was leaking down her legs she wouldn’t have been pathetically crying like a baby.

After a couple of seconds of prodding and poking Ed turned without letting go of Anna’s arm and started towards the changing tables. Anna stumbled forwards behind her feeling like a ragdoll. Ed represented everything she hated about Sallas. A man who felt like he could do whatever he wanted and didn’t even need to talk to her. Her desolation turned to an explosive anger in a heartbeat.

“Get off me!” Anna screamed wildly.

Ed just pulled Anna forwards again. He didn’t say a word and Anna stumbled forwards as his strength proved difficult to resist. Anna twisted her arm in an attempt to pull it free, she only managed to get Ed to look at her with confusion.

“I don’t need a change!” Anna shouted into his face as fresh tears ran down her cheeks, “I don’t need you to help me! I don’t need any of you to do anything!”

Ed just stared at Anna and the tearful woman wasn’t even sure he understood her. After an awkward couple of seconds he turned towards the changing area and started pulling her again. All rational thought had left Anna. She didn’t care anymore. She couldn’t take what was happening, she refused to quietly go along with everything.

Anna pulled her arm and yet again Ed stopped. This time when he turned to look at her he seemed frustrated. His mouth was open and he may have been about to say something but Anna would never know.

There was no conscious decision made. Anna was simply a woman at the end of her tether and she lifted her arm into the air. She let out a loud scream as she swung forwards and slapped Ed in the face. Ed didn’t react even as a red patch appeared on his cheek. Anna slapped him again but when she went for a third one Ed grabbed her arm.

Ed bent down and Anna yelped as he found herself over the much stronger man’s shoulder. Her legs kicked and her hands beat uselessly on Ed’s lower back as she was carried over to the padded tables. Her face was red from crying and embarrassment.

“Put me down!” Anna exclaimed, “I’m an adult!”

Ed did indeed put Anna down but only on to the changing table. Anna continued to struggle but Ed ripped at her diaper until he could pull it out and throw it to the floor. Anna tried to sit up but her legs were lifted into the air and rolled back until her feet were over her face. Her hands tried to hit Ed but she couldn’t reach any part of him.

“You… Bastard!” Anna screamed.

The first spank landed directly on her left cheek. The next one landed on the right. These weren’t soft either, almost immediately Anna felt stinging pain radiating throughout her ass. Here tears had never stopped but now they became desperate as Ed methodically punished her. She didn’t want to let him know how much his spanks hurt, she grit her teeth and balled her hands into fists as she tried to absorb the blows.

The spanking kept going and Anna’s desperate attempts to appear composed started to fall apart. Her whole butt felt like it was ln fire as she started letting out little moans with each spank. It felt like her flesh was being tenderized and she started kicking her legs in desperation to get away.

Soon Anna’s moans became louder. Then they became pleadings. Then they became a garbled mess of crying and screams. She could feel nothing but pain and she was completely incapable of coherent thoughts. Soon she was just screaming as she begged for the spanking to end. She had no idea what she was saying but she was apologizing and begging for forgiveness, the exact words were lost amongst her screams and cries.

“Ed.” Mr. Kenny’s voice came from very close by. Anna had no idea how long he had been there, “That’s enough.”

The spanks stopped but that barely helped Anna. The residual pain and stinging was terrible. Her legs were lowered but the fight had been beaten out of her. She cried out in pain as her battered butt laid on top of a fresh diaper which was swiftly taped on to her. She was so limp that she had to be carried to her crib and dumped inside.

For Anna everything was pain. Physically, mentally and emotionally she was in agony. The one thing she wanted more than anything else was Ryan. She wanted her husband to hold her and tell her it would be alright, to assure her things would get better. But she couldn’t have him. She was staying in the nursery until Friday evening.

Anna reached behind herself and gingerly touched the back of the new diaper. She winced and sharply inhaled, even the slightest touch caused a renewed burning pain. She was exhausted and started to wonder if she hadn’t had everything wrong. If she just gave in and did as she was told she wouldn’t have to experience such agony. If she just became like Rebecca she wouldn’t have to worry about anything anymore…

Anna curled up into the fetal position as she tried to recover from the most traumatic half an hour she had ever experienced.

• Like 4