LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Earliest Musical Memory

I lived with my ma and her folks till I was almost 9, and my grandfather was a huge classical-music fan; that was the first music I grew up with. He had a huge mega-watt tube-powered hifi (we're talking about 1965 here, folks) that could be heard 2 blocks away... and that experience definately influenced my musical tastes later on, as I got into melodic classically-tinged rock bands like Genesis, Yes, and (because of the stunning volume) Deep Purple. Thanx Grampa Walt!

But years before hearing that stuff on FM, I remember hearing mid-60's AM radio when I was about 7: Lots of early Beatles and other 60's Brit Invasion stuff on WLS-AM Chicago, riding around in the car with my mom while she was out shopping. I remember hearing Tom Jones "It's Not Unusual", The Monkees "I'm A Believer", Glen Campbell "Wichita Lineman" and Sonny & Cher "I Got You Babe", all on that same AM-radio station. Times (and playlists) have changed indeed...

Hows about you? What's your earliest musical memory?

Vinyl.

B) This has just taken me on a trip down Memory Lane!

My earliest musical memory has to be Barwick Green, the theme tune to Britain's longest-running radio soap opera, The Archers ("An everyday story of countryfolk") on Radio 4, which in those days was The Home Service. My grandad must have been one of the very first Soap-Addicts :D because when we heard that tune, we knew we had to be silent or go outside to play. Even though my will to speak was strong, I was the only one of his grandchildren who stayed silently inside to listen with him. The Archers is still running today, twice a day, thus whenever I hear Barwick Green, it's like a magnet and I have to be quiet and listen for 14 minutes :P

Another abiding memory is listening to the hissing and crackling Radio Luxembourg, the first Pirate Radio Ship, and our first real taste of US Rock 'n Roll over here - Bill Hailey, Elvis Presley.....................

D B) lly

my earliest musical memories are of songs also from the 60's...my parents were big country fans so anything country was on our stereo and radio...though "their song" was Mona Lisa by Nat King Cole from 1950....i also had teen age brothers when i was born...they were into country and some of the pop music of the era....i loved watching the "monkeys" every saturday morning with the youngest of my two brothers....he was 12 when i was born .... we'd sing the theme song to both "The Monkeys" and "Batmat"....also we had some old 45's which included the theme from "Swampfox" which was about my favorite....though the tv show (i think it was a tv show) it was from was way before my time

the song Up Up and Away by the 5th Dimension was probably the song i remember knowing the words too other then the songs my mom taught me.....by the way...i would of been 2 when this song came out....

first album i ever bought myself was the Beatles Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.......that's another great memory

One of my early memories is my mother swinging me around the living room to the Archies song, Sugar, Sugar. I was probably about 3 or 4 then. I had an album of the Chipmunks singing all the Beatles songs and my best friend (a boy :o ) and I had "our" song which was Puff the Magic Dragon. I still get sniffly now on the very rare occasions I hear it being played. :crybaby:

• 1 month later...

hmm...grew up around my grandma and when she wasn't listening to some 1950s Cuban music, she was listening to classical so I guess earliest memory there is Chopin Nocturne in E flat Major. My mom used to put me in front of the TV to watch VH1 in my playpen when I was lil so I clearly recall Madonna- Like a Prayer, A-ha- Take on me, George Michael-Careless Whisper...and being very confused if Boy George was a boy or a girl (hey I was only two!). And then my dad's car I remember listening to Enigma and Eagles-Hotel California.

God...I had a very musical childhood! lol

My earliest music memories is from the mid too late 70's. My dad would play records on the record player. I remember hearing a lot of Elton John, Rod Stewart, Fleetwood Mac and many others. Sometimes when I hear these songs today, it brings back all those wonderful memories of my childhood. But in return makes me wanna go back to that age and time. Which can make me even more depressed.

Guest diamondback688

my first musical memory was Elton John(Candle In The Wind, if i remember correctly). my parents mostly listen to music from the late 70's and early 80's. America, Simon and Garfunkel, Styx, Journey, Foreigner, etc. and, because of them, that is what i listen to as well.