LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What’s everyone do for a living?

On 2/17/2023 at 11:55 PM, feralfreak said:

this may be a stupid question, and the answer is probably "No" but are you able to write code for games?

@feralfreak I have written games in the past, They weren't exactly what I would call potential award winners or anything

17 hours ago, feralfreak said:

what was the elements that you think took away interest in the games?

@feralfreakIt's really hard to write games as an individual, it pretty much has to be a team sport. To write a good game you need people who can code, Do Graphics, Do Audio, etc... Even in the coding you have so many different types of code all of which you could spend your lifetime learning to be good at.

Most Graphics programmers are really only good at graphics, it's a huge sub specialty all by itself.

Generally speaking (Not universally true) getting a job in the gaming industry is one of the hardest sections of the software development community to work. They expect long hours and huge crunch time commitments. So you really have to want to do that to work in that industry and unlike the FAANGs(which also tend to have long hours) the pay is not the top pay you can get as a software developer.

I love games and I have several games that I would love to have written. Just wasn't going to happen.

7 hours ago, subssn21 said:

@feralfreakIt's really hard to write games as an individual, it pretty much has to be a team sport. To write a good game you need people who can code, Do Graphics, Do Audio, etc... Even in the coding you have so many different types of code all of which you could spend your lifetime learning to be good at.

Most Graphics programmers are really only good at graphics, it's a huge sub specialty all by itself.

Generally speaking (Not universally true) getting a job in the gaming industry is one of the hardest sections of the software development community to work. They expect long hours and huge crunch time commitments. So you really have to want to do that to work in that industry and unlike the FAANGs(which also tend to have long hours) the pay is not the top pay you can get as a software developer.

I love games and I have several games that I would love to have written. Just wasn't going to happen.

well you are better off than me, i cant even come close to getting a degree in that let alone understand coding, the last time i understood it all i could do was a simple program for gw basic, it was :

1 cls

10 print insertwhatyouwanthere

20 goto 10

and for a noise:

5 beep, and i probably got that wrong too, it was decades ago, i was wanting to get a crew of people who know how to do all that game stuff and make a new mmorpg, mainly because runescape banned me for botting and i never botted, it was a temp ban but i cant play again because i dont understand why they claimed i botted in the first place, and if i get a permaban then i lose access to everything in the account, but that game was probably never gonna be able to happen anyway. would be nice if i could get some help with a program i wanted to do(and again dont have the skills or intelligence to do), a program that would change the way carpentry is taught, but without someone to help me, its stuck in the "oh well" list.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, emtdl said:

Spent a decade as an EMT and EMS dispatcher, now working as a crisis counselor. 

Might want to take a minute and update your age.  The way it shows now you would have been an EMT at age 15.

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Might want to take a minute and update your age.  The way it shows now you would have been an EMT at age 15.

Lol thanks, fixed. The site has my real birthday, guess I just figured the age would update itself. Oops.