LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Being caught wearing or buying diapers

I have found that while it is embarrassing, I also enjoy when someone catches me wearing diapers or buying them at a store.  while I could wear jeans and a longer shirt that would help cover up wearing diapers, I feel more comfortable wearing athletic shorts and a t-shirt which make it far more likely that someone will notice my diapers.  Diapers are not really noticeable when wearing jeans, and the length of a longer shirt tends to cover up when I am reaching for something or squatting down to get something from a lower shelf.  When I am wearing my shorts I have a noticeable bulge in the front, the outline of my diaper is noticeable from behind, and when I am reaching up or squatting it is hard to miss that I am wearing diapers.

Recent events where I was noticed that happened in the last 1-2 weeks:

I go into one of the Goodwill thrift stores that is on Tropicana and Pecos in Las Vegas on a regular basis, so have come to know by site some of the people that work at the checkout counter.  I am able to find diapers at this store on a regular basis, so I am sure several of the people who check me out at the counter know that I am buying diapers for myself.  The person who was at the counter this week noticed I brought up a package of diapers that had a purple tag.  She said to me that the purple tag items are half price this week so I should go back and see if they had any more packages.  I explained this was the only package of diapers that are my size with a purple tag.  She already knows I buy diapers for myself on a regular basis, so we talked for a little while about how much cheaper diapers are at Goodwill compared to a regular priced store.  She told me she understood how expensive diapers are, and how buying at the thrift store save a lot of money.  She also mentioned that she would try to keep track if they came in with diapers that were on sale, and would let me know next time I came into the store. 

I was also at another thrift store wear I found several packages that would fit me and was getting them to put into my basket when a lady came up and said she was looking for the same size that I was getting.  She mentioned how when she walked up from behind me that she could tell I was wearing diapers and thought she should tell me that it was noticeable.  She also told me she didn't think it wasn't a big deal since she also needs to wear diapers.  We got to talking about diapers and she told me how she needed to wear diapers when going on trips or out shopping for the day.  I told her that I was incontinent and needed to wear diapers all the time, so I was always buying them since I go through around 30 a week.   She mentioned how she was sorry I had to wear diapers all the time, and I told her it was OK.

In truth I get a little thrill when these events happen.  Not sure why, but I do!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

A while back I grabbed a bag of depends at a chain drug store (probably Rite Aid) and a box of the Chubs baby wipes (the kind in the Lego-ish box).    As I'm checking out, the clerk notices the wipes and asks me how old my baby was.    I point out the depends and say both packages are for me.  She got red.

A long long time ago, I ordered some adult (cloth) diapers through Sears.  The clerk insisted on opening the opaque overwrap to make sure "things were OK."   In retrospect I think she was curious as to what adult diapers looked like.   Back then I was mortified.   Today I would have engaged her in a discussion.

• Like 1

Years ago when I was in my 20's I used to buy adult diapers in regular drug stores.  That was about the only options I had back then.  I too would be a bit nervous but yes, it was always a thrill wondering if the clerk knew the diapers I was buying were for me.  A few times I asked if I could take them into the restroom after purchasing them as I needed to change.  Once I told that to the clerk saying I went off this morning and forgot to bring extra changes with me, as if it was an emergency stop at the store to buy a pack of diapers to get me through the day.  I also was discreet mostly, but there were times my shirt would rise up in back revealing my diaper showing out the waistband in stores, and a few times when wearing shorts that I probably looked bulky as if I was wearing diapers.  Always out of town and never around my own town where I might run into anyone I know.  I too discovered years ago that thrift stores and Goodwill often have bags of store type adult diapers and, except when I buy premium diapers like Betterdry and Abena on line, I get almost all my diapers at thrift stores.

It's kind of funny that when I was young in my 20's buying diapers I kind of got a bit of a thrill giving store clerks the impression, or even confirming that the diapers I was buying were for me, but now days when I'm almost 64, I just buy them with no comment and the clerks really don't think that I wear them myself (even though I'm at the age with health issues that wearing diapers wouldn't be questionable).

• Like 1

I have bought diapers at pharmacies and other medical stores many times and there has never been any questions and they know its for me.
Older people don't have younger ones go buy diapers for them, as they get them for free, and delivered.

I ordered some plastic pants from Walmart.com and had them "Shipped-to-Store" for pickup. ( I never have packages delivered to my house, "Porch Pirates...")  I've ordered like this before, never had an issue. 

This time, the lady at the pick-up window insisted that I open the shipping box before she released the package, to "check for damage." Even though there was no apparent damage to the shipping box!!! So there I was, pulling three pair of Adult Size plastic pants, out of the box,  looking them over in front of her, and acknowledging that they looked ok. My face was redder than a bad case of diaper rash!! 

• Like 1

Interesting comment from Diap Dave, but chances are that the lady at the pick up window already knew what was in the box.  They are on their system in this electronic world, and she was probably trying to embarrass Dave intentionally?  

In my world, I would have turned the tables on the gal, and asked if she ever had to use these products?  This is from experience, as I have had to buy or order odd size bras for years due to my much larger than normal breast (for a guy).  I would often have these shipped to the store location to save the shipment cost, and many times when picking up packages, the SA's would ask me how their products were working for me, and I would be open and honest, typically resulting in a nice and often informing conversation.