LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Older cloth Diapers

Wondering how others handle their older diapers as they start to fray and tear.   I typically purchase nightweight birdseye prefolds from adultclothdiaper, and get about 200 washings before they are not good enough to be the main diaper.  At that point, I use them as an inner diaper or liner under new ones.  Some of them become just the center section over time at which point they get tossed into a rag pile.

Curious as to how others handle their older diapers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a half dozen or so older twill cloth diapers that are probably 5+ years old. They are getting ratty looking and shed lint like crazy but as long as I can still pin them on I will wear them. They are great for overnight with a soaker or just wearing around the house as the are very comfortable to wear. They started out as 4-10-4 diapers but are more like 4-8-4 diapers or thinner yet. Once I am unable to pin them on I will use them as soakers.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can get mine to last 4/5 years adding soakers of varying thickness. They then get recycled into car washing/floor washing cloths. As I make my own shaped terry nappies, I make a batch of 15/20 new ones every year so I can take the oldest out of use and still have 30/40 day and night nappies in a useable condition.

Old terry nappies make fantastic car polishing cloths.  Nobody has ever asked where my 48" x 48" white terry polishing cloths came from ?