LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Removing wax from furniture.

Anyone experienced in refinishing furniture? I have an old table I am restoring and the legs have several layers of what I think is wax on them. Any tips on how to remove it?

Acetone or alcohol should do it, I use alcohol pads that are 70% isopropyl alcohol to remove the wax finish off cars when sticking on moldings.

Can't see why it won't work on wood, if you have a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the house, test it on a spot you can't see well, if it works rubbing alcohol is fairly cheap.

If you want to strip the piece of furniture you are working on the go with solvents such as lacquer thinner, acetone  or alchohol. These will harm the finish if used. If you only want to remove the old wax build up use mineral spirits. This will dissolve the wax and not harm the finish below. Use a clean white cotton rag and go over the area several times. This may also dull the luster of the finish a little so I would suggest going over it with a furniture polish such as Murphy's Oil Soap, Old English or Liquid Gold.

• 4 weeks later...