LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is modern Sissiness?

Ubba

I thought this might be an interesting discussion and not sure if it has been talked about recently. I want to add that this topic is meant as a fun discussion and I am not looking for definite answers or to invalidate anyone here so if you reply please take that sentiment into account, this is not meant to bash anyone or to incite any sort of hatred. The question I am putting out here is meant to spark conversation and friendship. 

So my question is what does it mean to be a sissy today? 

A bit of background to why I am asking. I have recently started doing the whole twitter thing which has caused a ton of DM's from scam mommies to come my way. It has kind of become a hobby for me now to waste their time and just annoy them. One of the conversations I had with one of these scam accounts we started talking about gender and I told them that sometimes I like to express my more feminine side by wearing pink diapers and being a bit of a princess. They then called me a sissy baby which didn't seem right to me and got me thinking about this topic. 

My whole understanding on this subculture is probably very misguided but I understood that there were two broad categories. Sissy's and Little Girls or LG's. But these terms are a bit dated now as when I was learning about all this it was in a time before identifying as a little was a thing and littlespace was not really spoken about. 

So my understanding in a nutshell was if you like the humiliation aspect you would be considered a Sissy but if you liked the cuteness of it all you would be considered an LG. 

But this definitely stems from a time when socially there was no distinction between gender and sex being made in mainstream conversation so you were either a man or a woman and then trans people were not really talked about, so it is a bit archaic now. 

At the time I did not do much research on it as most of the sissy stuff I was exposed too were coming from stories and humiliation was a big part of it. I am not into humiliation myself and it does spark some uncomfrotable feelings when I read sissy stories so I just figured this is not my thing and got on with my life. But over the last couple of years the conversation on gender identity I find fascinating so it has gotten me thinking on this a bit more.

So with modern gender expression what does it mean to be a sissy today and how have the changes around gender identity affected the sissy sub culture. I would love to hear what it means to you personally and how the community thinks on the topic

Also if I have offended anyone here it is down to my own ignorance on the topic so please tell me if I caused offence and why so I can learn :)

• Like 1

This is a whole subforum dedicated to it. Look around and decide for yourself. And no, Sissy is NOT Little Girl. From myreading of sissylit, there is some pretty gross material in it and it is not ladylike at all

I use to think of myself a sissy but now I get I’m just t-girl 

I think of a sissy in a sexual way, one who likes to be humiliated and forced fem and who then is put into sexual acts and such.

Some enjoy it some don’t but do it for need or excitement 

I have observed elsewhere that there are 3 'what is a sissy" threads and none have come up with anything definitive. I think that is because its roots are in BDSM/FemDom rather than ABDL so there is no AB/AK explanation

For myself, I think of sissy in its original context What a boy lacking in the "boyish virtues" is. For me,  both masculinity and femininity are active The "fem" in sissy is not femininie but effeminate. I do not consider it to be sexual as its roots are in childhood. Sex is in addition to the pressiness and wussiness brought on by the BDSM and really does not make sense to me since sissy is part of FemDom

At any rate, there is a group antipathy between Sissy and LG since we kind of resent the things that we love or are part of who we are being used in a demeaning, derogatory manner. One example is that a proper babydoll covers the panties entirely. The things that I have seen where a bit of the panties show, I have called "sissydoll"

What I cannot understand is, given all the wonderful things we have; starting with our gorgeous names, Dolly, Fairy, cute dressesand pretty gowns, attractive room decor, long blonde hair and tiaras, who would NOT want to be a straightforward, unadulterated girl?

• 4 weeks later...

I think the sissy side of me is purely sexual and rooted firmly in humiliation. I don't actually see it as an expression of femininity, but a coarse parody of effeminate behaviour (more removal of "manliness" than overt femininity). Naturally there is a huge risk that this is offensive to women and the trans community, but I see it more like a mockery of what we consider to be demeaning to men and how woman have historically been stereotyped.

The idea being you're not a women, or even a little girl, you're going to be turned into a caricature - either some pathetic, helpless, sissy baby that is dependent on others, or some bimbofied, pink obsessed, ditzy, slut, etc. At no point do I think I want to actually act like a real woman or a little girl. I think that's why its kinda important to identify sissies as what they are as opposed to little girl/woman/etc. because otherwise its insulting to the concept of what a woman or a little girl is (just a normal human being characterised by their own individual personalities and struggles  - not by clothes, colours, hairstyles, mannerisms, etc.).  

• Like 2

This is the first comprehensive and comprehensible explanation of "Sissy" that I have seen here, and why I think it is more a part of BDSM than AB/AK. The ABLG part is more trimming than tree; window dressing

It is mostly ture but the last part. There is a saying; "clohtes make the man". It should be "clohtes MARK the man" Who we, as little girls, are is shown by our clothes, colurs, hearstyles and mannerisms. Elsewise, it would be just a floating abstraction with no provenence in the real world. Some of us actually love our dollies. Now, how would you know that I am a little girl if I did not look and ACT like one in an understandable way? Also, we, for the most part, actually enjoy acting and having the accoutrements and charactereistids as we do. Most of us are "in the closet" and can only express ourselves freely among other Little Girls at "LG camps" and go through some effort to get there, so we must like it to put in all the time, effort and expense. For most of us, the clothes, hairstyles, colors, accessories and mannerisms are very much more than just skin deep

Then too, there is a certain humiliation in the adult/child relationship.For a 5 year old, being dressed and treated, therefore identified, as a baby, is not only embarrassing, but humiliating and is usually done for exhibiting chararcteristics, like babyishness, whininess, or being proud rather than for specific actions like lying or stealing. It is called "chastizement" and is done over a period of time or may be all the time if the problem seems that deep-rooted. But that is not the humiliation of sissyness since that is adult-/adult

Now the question becomes: How does modern sissy differfrom previous incarnations?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Some might compartmentalize the more adult side in a similar someone who doesn't have the adult fetishes  may separate out their  everyday sexual side from any periods where they are letting their LB/LG sides out. Because you *may* have an adult side doesn't mean you cannot enjoy that time being that "child", free from adult responsibilities without all the FemDom stuff going on around you respecting your own little sides needs.

Having one doesn't invalidate the other.

There is a difference between reenacting or replaying roles and a time in your life and the idea you may be mentally at least in the space of a child of that age 24/7 which some people are.

That said I'd never call myself LG, it just a matter of being honest because ultimately I have no desire to be a grown up female in other words a woman with everything that those who travel along  do and rightly claim.