LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

(Update) I purposefully went without a diaper for 18 hours and it gave me a fresh perspective on things

Hi all, I’m back with another update.   This one is kind of a weird one and I was debating even sharing, but eventually  I decided what the heck.  Maybe someone will get something meaningful out of it. So here it goes. 

To make a long story short, I’ve become way too comfortable going without a diaper.   Especially for how terrible my bladder control is these days. Inevitably going without a diaper leads to leaks and accidents. Though as long as I stay on a puppy pad and wash my clothes it’s a contained mess.  I think I’m so used to having accidents I’ve become numb to it.  

I finally decided enough is enough and I decided to see how long I could go without a diaper before I became desperate to put one on, though with a max of 18 hours. Basically all night and into then next evening.  

I did make it 18 full hours without a diaper, but boy was it EXHAUSTING!

I made it to the restroom 3 times, and I lost count of how many accidents I had.  First and foremost was the amount of clothes I went through. Thanks to the numerous accidents, I ended up changing a whopping 6 times(!)  The longest a pair of pants lasted was about 2 hours. The shortest was about 10 minutes.    Though I also leaked through several towels and washable incontinence pads.

I mostly stayed at home. I did sneak out the home for a bit.  I wore dark pants.  Thankfully so, as had an pretty significant accident when I was out and about.  Luckily no one saw me.

Surprisingly the thing that bothered me the most was not the laundry or even the embarrassment, but being in cold wet clothes all the damn time.   It got cold and clammy quickly, and a change only provided temp relief (until then next soaking). 

All in all it was an eye opening experience.  I didn’t realize just how bad my incontinence is, nor did I appreciate how my diaper keeps my clothes feeling nice and warm.  

TL;DR - I concluded that I don’t *need* diapers 24/7 in the sense that I can go without a diaper.  As long as I don’t mind being cold, wet, clammy, and inundated with laundry!  

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, CodHero24 said:

Did you realize you were having an accident?

Or find out when it was too late...?

For the most part I knew a few seconds before I was going to have an accident but there was nothing I could do about it.   My urgency goes from zero to 10 to accident in a matter of seconds.  In other words, usually by the time I feel the pressure build it’s already to late for me, unless I happen to be a few feet from a potty and I’m not distracted.  Plus  for better or for worse, the muscles are so deconditioned, that the sensation lasts only a few seconds at a time. Though repeats 10-20 times a day.    

That said, I was surprised by how much I dribble.  I kind of hope that increases and the urgency decreases.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Hi all, I’m back with another update.   This one is kind of a weird one and I was debating even sharing, but eventually  I decided what the heck.  Maybe someone will get something meaningful out of it. So here it goes. 

To make a long story short, I’ve become way too comfortable going without a diaper.   Especially for how terrible my bladder control is these days. Inevitably going without a diaper leads to leaks and accidents. Though as long as I stay on a puppy pad and wash my clothes it’s a contained mess.  I think I’m so used to having accidents I’ve become numb to it.  

I finally decided enough is enough and I decided to see how long I could go without a diaper before I became desperate to put one on, though with a max of 18 hours. Basically all night and into then next evening.  

I did make it 18 full hours without a diaper, but boy was it EXHAUSTING!

I made it to the restroom 3 times, and I lost count of how many accidents I had.  First and foremost was the amount of clothes I went through. Thanks to the numerous accidents, I ended up changing a whopping 6 times(!)  The longest a pair of pants lasted was about 2 hours. The shortest was about 10 minutes.    Though I also leaked through several towels and washable incontinence pads.

I mostly stayed at home. I did sneak out the home for a bit.  I wore dark pants.  Thankfully so, as had an pretty significant accident when I was out and about.  Luckily no one saw me.

Surprisingly the thing that bothered me the most was not the laundry or even the embarrassment, but being in cold wet clothes all the damn time.   It got cold and clammy quickly, and a change only provided temp relief (until then next soaking). 

All in all it was an eye opening experience.  I didn’t realize just how bad my incontinence is, nor did I appreciate how my diaper keeps my clothes feeling nice and warm.  

TL;DR - I concluded that I don’t *need* diapers 24/7 in the sense that I can go without a diaper.  As long as I don’t mind being cold, wet, clammy, and inundated with laundry!  

In utter words, you're NEVER going without a diaper again. LOL! At least I hope so!?? There's no shame in needing an diapie buddy!??♥️???????☺️??????

Part of me wonders how much is psychological: what if you went for a walk in the park or the store without a diaper? Would having a sense of looming embarrassment prevent you from wetting yourself? Would you be able to seek a bathroom before the flood gates open (albeit, you'd probably need to use the potty quite frequently)? 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

@Ferix I’m embarrassed to say that this has already happened to me in the past… and I still had an accident.  (I was able to hide it that time as well). 

Sounds like you need diapers!

My flow varies from situation to situation. I haven't actually tested my control since I went 24/7 5 years ago. However, I know in situations of high stress, I will retain pee for hours and have quite a full bladder until I can really focus and release. Situations of low stress I can pee in small amounts, even dribble at times.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Enthusi... Regarding your 18 hour experiment, how about bedtime? Did you wet in your sleep, or did the urge wake you before you wet?

Unfortunately I woke up dry with my bladder bursting.  This tends to happen when I’m not diapered and it drives me nuts. I think some of it has to do with the novelty of not being diapered. I sleep lighter.  For what it’s worth once I was awake I tried but didn’t quite make it to the bathroom on time.   So I suppose even if I’m merely “diaper trained” at night I would still need to wear a diaper.  

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Unfortunately I woke up dry with my bladder bursting.  This tends to happen when I’m not diapered and it drives me nuts. I think some of it has to do with the novelty of not being diapered. I sleep lighter.  For what it’s worth once I was awake I tried but didn’t quite make it to the bathroom on time.   So I suppose even if I’m merely “diaper trained” at night I would still need to wear a diaper.  

No shame in that buddy! I LOVE to "need" diapers!!!!!??☺️?♥️??♥️?????????♥️??♥️??