LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pregnancy Scare Killed Most ABDL Interests

I was recently involved in a pregnancy scare, and I think the thought of having a child just zapped the ABDL out of me for a while. Not in a purge cycle kind of way, just a total indifference. I didn't want to get rid of everything, it was more like when I'd see my little stuff, I'd think of it of it as an old shirt I used to love but now isn't my style anymore. No hate, no shame, just total indifference.

The scare is now over and I am slowly having desires come back, but way less and way different (more-so just sexual when it used to very a huge comfort/coping mechanism).

So anyone else experience something like this? ABDLs with kids, did you experience a similar downshift while you were focusing on other priorities? I assume this kind of response is normal since my mind was elsewhere, but if just the possibility of having a kid zapped all interests for a month that the scare took place and a month after, I am almost worried that having a kid might obliterate all interests.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Were the two of you wearing diapers when going bareback? I always liked those scares, and miss them now, as i'm older.Didn't stop us from wearing.

@PrincessPaciI can't say I've had a pregnancy scare (lol), but the indifference to the abdl lifestyle and the idea that you don't go as hard at it as you used to... I've been there, and I'm still there. When my husband (daddy) and I bought a house, we made the guest room a nursery for me and I used it a grand total of a year before I had an experience that kind of took me out of the ABDL groove. I had accomplished everything I wanted to do as an ABDL in full and with the checklist complete of the experiences and things that I wanted, it started to feel hollow. I still consider myself ABDL but after doing all the things I'd dreamed of doing, I don't crave the need to be in diapers 24/7 anymore. I still wear diapers occasionally, but mostly pull-ups, and I find it just easier to be myself incorporating the little things I like to incorporate (one-piece pajamas, stuffed animals) rather than feeling I need to be baby all the time.

I don't think anyone who is ABDL can 100% just "get past" being ABDL. It's a psyche thing, it's a part of us, but I do think as we grow older, we recognize that while we still have this childish heart, our bodies, our relationships, and our priorities are changing, and we change with them.

When my (now grown up) children were babies I never had any thoughts or desires when dealing with their nappies.

My urges returned my later in my life after discovering adult products on the web 

I think this speaks to the multi faceted dynamic of ABDL.  It's sexual fetish, coping mechanism, fun hobby and all kinds of other things, for some it's even like a competition.  I love the checklist that@minachan16points out.  I've done the same thing.  My checklist isn't complete but I build things up in my mind, then after checking them off it's like, "what was the big deal?"

As others have said Stressful situations totally shut down my interest in ABDL.  For me it's not something I use to deal with stress, but instead like a therapy to recover after dealing with stressful situations.  

As for the pregnancy, many years ago after years of trying my wife got pregnant.   Sadly it wasn't viable, but for a few weeks I had similar feelings about ABDL.  I had resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't be having children, so it was a bit of a scare, but at the same time I remember being really excited about things like building a nursery, and picking out cute outfits for our baby.  I do also remember thinking that ABDL would likely be over for me and being a bit sad about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was obsessed with diapers as a teen and into my 20's, then we had our daughter.  I never indulged for the first 5 years or so.  Then only when I was away on business.   I had the occasional urge, but it definitely wasn't nearly as strong.   Slowly the desires came back and I finally gave in.  Our daughter had moved out at that point.

Joey