LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Paving with recycled diapers

Bobbyca

Article today In Washington Post "A highway paved with recycled diapers may change the cloth vs. disposables debate"

This is a pilot project with intriguing environmental implications. A proliferation of diaper highways could reduce landfill waste — and influence parents around the globe weighing the vexingly difficult decision between cloth vs. disposables.

These particular diapers were rinsed — thoroughly, don’t worry. Then shredded into fibrous gray pellets and mixed with asphalt that a work crew clad in bright orange slathered over a 1.5-mile stretch of winding highway this week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-solutions/2022/02/18/diaper-highway-nappy-recycling/

• Like 1

Well, they use all kinds of things, materials, in road paving mixtures, and I know some are old “rubber” tires. So I’m thinking, we need to use more “rubber” pants! And when your rubber pants, are no longer serviceable, they can become part of a new roadway. ? 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

Well, they use all kinds of things, materials, in road paving mixtures, and I know some are old “rubber” tires. So I’m thinking, we need to use more “rubber” pants! And when your rubber pants, are no longer serviceable, they can become part of a new roadway. ? 

@AbabeBill

it’s amazing what they can use and recycle, and what they can put into things that you take for granted. There are things that are recycled, and sometimes you don’t even realize that the product has been made of recycled material, and I hope that what will happen is eventually they will find a way to recycle plastic back diapers, so that they have a way to serve in a recycled capacity. Most of the time, what they try to do if they try to make everybody use the cheapest possible diapers, and they don’t have very much plastic in it, and even if they did, it is so minute that it is ridiculous. The diaper that I wore in the 70s, is nowhere near of the diaper that I wear in 2022, and even the diaper in the 90s was more plastic than anything they make today. In the 90s I guess what they figured was the SAP was the thing that they needed to do, because they wanted to make sure a baby could wet themselves and still feel dry. Then, I guess it changed because they wanted to make a diaper that a kid would be able to wear and they would know when they were wet, that is a good thing, but as time went on fewer and fewer diapers had plastic in them as I knew it in the 70s, and each year the diapers would get better, until they decided to go with the cheap stuff, which doesn’t have the absorption of any diaper that was made in the 70s the 80s or the 90s.

is a great thing that we are able to recycle many products. They say that diapers take 5000 years to break down, and that’s why it makes it bad. What makes it bad, is that parents need diapers that are able to be absorbent and keep their children dry, and happy, without causing them problems with rashes or red spots. I think the diapers they came out with now don’t even have the ability to be observant, and that is why guys like me went to the NORTHSHORE mega max because that is more of a diaper than anything else that I have seen in the last 25 years. Even diapers in the 90s had more plastic in them then They have today, and I’m sure that there is a way to take disposable diapers, remove the nastiness, and then use that particular plastic to be able to make things that help others. Sometimes plastic is the way to go when you’re dealing with people who are in healthcare situation, in hospitals, or when hospitals need stuff that can be sterilized, they want stuff that is easy to sterilize and most of that is plastic. Plastic does have its place in the world, and so do plastic backed diapers.

Would be interesting to see what you could do with plastic bag diapers if you’re able to put them into stuff like asphalt or other products. If you’re able to do that, then plastic backed diapers can be used, and they will be manufactured in a way that is beneficial to the wearer, as well as the recycler.

take care have a good weekend!

Brian

• Like 1