LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bumped Off

I keep getting timed out or bumped off. At first on my old computer I thought it was a virus. But the same thing is happening all over again on a brand new computer. (I just got it wired up and working right out of the box today.)  But on my phone, I have no difficulties. What gives? Any advise?

The only thing that comes to mind is to check your network/internet connection by running IPCONFIG and looking at its results. It almost sounds like your DHCP is expiring too soon although that usually renews every 24 hours.. Your internet modem may also be having problems. You can check that by removing the cable and power for at least 30 seconds. Then screw the cable connection back in and after that the power. Watch the lights on the modem. They should all come on after reboot and the TX/RX light should be flashing, flickering or on steadily. If not, it may be time to call the cable company. Hope that helps -- good lick.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, ppdude said:

The only thing that comes to mind is to check your network/internet connection by running IPCONFIG and looking at its results. It almost sounds like your DHCP is expiring too soon although that usually renews every 24 hours.. Your internet modem may also be having problems. You can check that by removing the cable and power for at least 30 seconds. Then screw the cable connection back in and after that the power. Watch the lights on the modem. They should all come on after reboot and the TX/RX light should be flashing, flickering or on steadily. If not, it may be time to call the cable company. Hope that helps -- good lick.

@le Hollandais@ppdude

I would agree. Sometimes Internet connections can be flaky, and I believe every few months or so, I have to reset mine all the way down from the beginning. To do this all I do is unplug the modem unplug the router until they’re both dark. Then, I will reset the computer or shut it off. I plug the modem back in, and let the lights come all the way up until they are solid. The only light that should be flashing would be the Internet light that shows that you were actively online, And maybe the wireless light to show that you have wireless Internet. All the rest of the lights on the modem should be solid. After your lights on your modem become solid and your power is restored, then plug your router into the power, and then allow that a few seconds and then power your machine on, and then wait to see what happens with your Internet status. Most times if you do it like this, you will find that your Internet will reset.

because of the way chat software is, we get swallowed by the “monster” Every once in a while, so you end up pressing F5 to reload, and that happens quite frequently. I’m assuming that you are not dealing with this type of an issue, because you said that you are having other issues. If the modem and the router are the reason you’re having issues, this should solve this problem.

Good luck!

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

That's really odd. Every browser that I know of will add that to whatever site string you enter. It will add it as a default when it can't find what you typed.

What browser are you using and do you need to configure it? Are you using it for the first time? Either way, it should default and add the //https: to your string. If not, you need to find out why by trying to find a fix for it online. Search for your browser name and the HTTP string missing for that browser and see what pops up.

Good luck.