LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After showering or taking a bath, do you put back on a half wet diaper?

After showering or taking a bath, do you put back on a half wet diaper?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. After showering or taking a bath, do you put back on a half wet diaper?

• No, I only put on a fresh diaper when i am done showering or taking a bath. I want to feel clean as long as possible.
    • Yes, every diaper deserves to be fully used even after taking a bath or showering
    • I only shower or take a bath when I need to change my diaper.

I do. Wearing a stent means I never feel really clean or dry. From the moment I step out off the shower or the bathtub I can feel the dribble coming out of me. So putting back on a half wet diaper doesn’t make such a big difference to me.

I wear a mens Depends grey pull-up after shower, while shaving etc.  Had a #1 and small #2 in mine post shave this morning. I use the depends to dry out, but need the protection of something at this stage. 

When being changed or bathed my aide takes control by inserting a catheter , so my bladder can be fully emptied of it’s stale urine and remain catheterized until personal care is done and am safely re diapered , since I wear cloth at home my normal schedule is based on being catheterized 5 times a day and that makes for a convenient change time , they are already undoing my clothes and diaper so why have to wonder about capacity left or do diaper checks . Of course I am changed rapidly when I mess . 

• 2 weeks later...

It is a bad idea to put on a previously / half wet diaper once it has been taken off. The main issues are

• RASH: Urine is sterile to the producer, but once it is exposed to the air, it can attract other bacteria that is caustic to you.
  • BACTERIAL / FUNGAL Infection. Sweat, that is in the top layer of the diaper is allowed, during the shower/bath, to get infected. Your pores are open in a warm bath / shower, and therefore more open to infection from the cooled diaper.
  • FIT A diaper once taken off normally does not go back on in the same place as it was taken off. As a result, other places that are more sensitive can be exposed to wetness / pressure can suffer.

If you need a shower, do it during diaper changes. If it happens that, at your regular shower time your diaper is less wet than normal, it is likely that your urine is more concentrated and therefore, more caustic due to you drinking less water / liquids between now and the last diaper change.

P&G ran an advertisment around 1980 selling the 'refasenable tapes' on Pampers. In the advertisement, a baby is being taken out of a bath, and her older sister/brother is asked to fetch the diaper that was taken off the baby before the bath. This caused a number of legal cases where health services and skin care experts worldwide stated that the cooled sweat and relevant bacteria that the diaper had absorbed prior to the bath should not be reinroduced to a bathed baby, where the babies pores are now fully open (from the bath). It was also identified as one of the sources of eczema, yeast and fungal infections on babies skin. P&G quickly stopped the advertisement and created a new Pampers with 'lotion care'.