LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Napping: The final frontier

I can’t remember if I posted something about this before.  The search function didn’t work on my mobile device.  So I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate. 

Anyways despite years of untraining I am still having difficult waking up wet from daytime naps.  It doesn’t matter if it’s a 15 minute nap or a 4 hour nap, nor does it seem to matter if I chug a ton of water.  Once in a blue moon when napping I’ll wake up in a twilight state and immediately start peeing and go right back to sleep.  But that’s about it.  It’s frustrating because it’s the last hold out, and because it suggests that my body still has the ability to maintain at least some bladder control.  

I’m curious if others have similar experiences with napping. ??

I am cursed by insomnia.  Although I’m often tired during the day, I don’t dare take a “nap” during the day because I believe it would create further issues with sleep that evening.

Having said that, I’ve been closely observing my developing bedwetting and I’ve noticed a couple of interesting things.

Firstly, it frequently happens within a couple of hours of me falling asleep.  I suspect 2am is likely (I will usually eventually fall asleep around midnight after going to bed at 11pm).  This is unlikely to be a “full bladder” event as I’m empty when I fall asleep.  It’s more like my habit of dumping whatever happens to be in my bladder whenever I think about it persists past the veil of sleep.

When I road-tested myself without a nappy back in May, I was woken by cooling, wet bedding at 2:54am.  By this time, the pee was getting cold.  I think I just slept through the “warm” bit of the event.

If I managed to STAY asleep after waking and realising I’m wet sometime after 2, the next “danger zone” is probably around 4am.  Sometimes I’ll know that its happened because I might leak into my terries (which were dry at 2am).  Other times, I've occasionally woken from vivid pee dreams around 4am to discover that my bladder is empty, again suggesting that a sleep-voiding happened at around this time.

Next voiding I will usually be (somewhat) awake for, probably at 6am.

Yep, I probably only get about 5 - 6 hours sleep per night...

Stepping back from this, it seems that I will void come-what-may roughly every two hours overnight.

I see no reason why this pattern wouldn’t persist during the daytime but I’d need a “nap” duration of at least 2 hours for an “automatic” pee to occur.  My sleeping-pee cadence is slower than my waking-pee one (where I would consciously dump whatever is in my bladder every 10 - 15m or so).

Do you have any insight into your pee time/frequency during sleep?  This might be a predictor as to how your body might work during day-sleep although vasopressin levels may enhance day-pee production.

ps: If you read my main blog thread you'll see that I "road tested" my day continence yesterday to see what happened.  I experienced very minor incontinence episodes after about 90 minutes and a substantial incontinence episode at 3 hours.  I can't imagine I would have slept through the pee urges that accompanied the 3 hour event though...

On 1/8/2022 at 7:30 PM, oznl said:

Do you have any insight into your pee time/frequency during sleep?

Question not directed at me but nevertheless I’m going to respond for my bedwetting.

1)      Initial wetting occurs in the first 90 minutes of sleep.  I generally wake after sleeping approximately 90 minutes.  Most nights my diaper is already wet at this time.

2)      Multiple wettings/night is the norm.  Every morning I record the weight of my diaper.  Based on diaper tare and observed void weight number of wettings is calculated.  Looking back at December wettings/night ranged from 0 to 5 with 3 being the norm.

3)      Wetting rarely happens in the last hours of sleep.  Waking early (after 4:00am) I’m in the habit of removing my diaper, using the bathroom and sleeping without for the rest of the night.  This  has resulted in very few wet beds.

Theorize bedwetting occurs towards the end of a sleep cycle as stage 3 - 4 (deep sleep) is exited.  The fact that sleep cycles are reported as 60 to 120 minutes lends credence to the theory.

4 hours ago, WBxx said:

1)      Initial wetting occurs in the first 90 minutes of sleep.  I generally wake after sleeping approximately 90 minutes.  Most nights my diaper is already wet at this time.

2)      Multiple wettings/night is the norm.  Every morning I record the weight of my diaper.  Based on diaper tare and observed void weight number of wettings is calculated.  Looking back at December wettings/night ranged from 0 to 5 with 3 being the norm.

3)      Wetting rarely happens in the last hours of sleep.  Waking early (after 4:00am) I’m in the habit of removing my diaper, using the bathroom and sleeping without for the rest of the night.  This  has resulted in very few wet beds.

Theorize bedwetting occurs towards the end of a sleep cycle as stage 3 - 4 (deep sleep) is exited.  The fact that sleep cycles are reported as 60 to 120 minutes lends credence to the theory.

Interesting to know.  #1 bang-on aligns with my (limited) insight.  I'm pretty sure #2 is correct for me also and is often where pee-dreams will occur.  #3 is slightly different insofar as I am usually awake for those voids because I'm such a lousy sleeper.  The quality of sleep after 4am is usually very poor:  very light sleep with occasional "waking dreams".  A couple of these might be "wet" but more often than not, I'm awake for early morning pee episodes.

5 hours ago, WBxx said:

Question not directed at me but nevertheless I’m going to respond for my bedwetting.

This tracks with my experience... Often, I'll be woken up by the urge to pee, and find that my diapers are already wet. It's usually a few hours after I've gone to bed. I figured it was part of the whole sleep cycle - REM sleep thing. Obviously I'm in a deeper stage of sleep when I wet my diaper without waking up, then I must be in a lighter stage of sleep when I wake up later with the "Pee Urge".