LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Binky Advice

DLJeff52

Didn't see this topic on "page one" so thought I'd post it!! I just got my first binky and loved the fact that it was still in when I woke up in the middle of the night.  I have a 6" orthodontic binky, and already suspect in need to size up. 

Any tips on binky usage and what to expect?  Frequency? How long to leave it in?  Dental impacts? 

Love any advice!  Thank you!

• Like 2

I have one for 0 to 6 months. It works well. Hás for four years. It site in front of my teeth and only three times have I had any form of tooth discomfort. I sleep with it all night (although I am often awake by 3.30AM) and only three times has it fallen out of my mouth. I can get very anxious if I can't find it before I go to bed. Once it was lying on the floor under a furniture flap and I spent a few evenings worried about being able to breathe while I'm sleeping. (Increasingly since my best friend moved overseas my airway has closed while asleep, and oxygen starvation is very often accompanied by sleep paralisia, which means my mind is awake and trying to control my body, but I can't breathe or wake up. All in all, a pacifier to maintain comfort, confidence and peace is worth the purchase 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, DLJeff52 said:

Didn't see this topic on "page one" so thought I'd post it!! I just got my first binky and loved the fact that it was still in when I woke up in the middle of the night.  I have a 6" orthodontic binky, and already suspect in need to size up. 

Any tips on binky usage and what to expect?  Frequency? How long to leave it in?  Dental impacts? 

Love any advice!  Thank you!

That's an tricky one buddy, because some people's teeth can become crooked because of the pacifier in the mouth, but I would say that that would correct itself in time. but then again, I'm not a dentist and I'm biased so my opinion probably wouldn't be valid for what you're asking. But I figured I would throw in my two cents anyway.????? LOL!?? As far as frequency goes, I think that would really be up to you.?? But if it was ME, I would use it almost all the time.???☺️?❤️??❤️???❤️?❤️ Plus an paci is very soothing! And once you use it on a daily basis, you won't be able to go without it or at least, you'll feel that way. LOL!???? I would recommend a nice BIG ONE! But just make sure you're comfortable with it, don't be afraid to experiment a little bit. You'll find the right one for you. And always make sure you have more than one. Nothing worse than losing an paci when you need it the most.?????? An paci's DEFINITELY worth it buddy! You won't regret it!????❤️??❤️??????

• Like 2

I use a pacifier every night and don’t have issues with my teeth. It took me a few different kinds to try before I found the right one now I use the nuk5 

• Like 3

I've been using one every night for 3 or 4 years now.  I find the Nuk5 and the 'standard' AB dummies are just right for me.  I'm sucking on one nearly all night every night, and in the day some of the time too - they're very important to me and I worry if I don't have on in my mouth or in my pocket.  My teeth have moved slightly, but not enough for anyone to notice, or to cause me problems.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Newbee said:

I use a pacifier every night and don’t have issues with my teeth. It took me a few different kinds to try before I found the right one now I use the nuk5 

So You've NEVER had any issues with pacis?!?? I thought pacis made your teeth crooked?!??? Could you elaborate on this please??? This is very interesting!??☺️

• Like 2

Ive always had a bit of an overbite but no using paci has not done any damage to my teeth. They did ache when I used a larger paci but since using the nuk 5 I have had no issues.

• Like 4

Every few days I put mine in a container of boiling water it only needs to be in the water for 10 min but won’t hurt it if it’s in longer this helps clean and sterilise it. No need to put a lid on the container 

• Like 1

@Newbee

I have a question: when you clean these things and you stick them in hot water, and I’m assuming boiling hot water, do you have to worry about what may happen to the pacifiers shield, or the bulb? One of my pacifiers  Seems to always have a flat bulb because it can fold to fit inside its case. This pacifier is my purple one, and it is by 10 at night. I also have another one that is black and it has its own case to stick the test into. I’m assuming that if I put a pacifier in boiling hot water like this it will not damage the pacifier or the teat?

I also seem to have a problem with my black one, because it does not seem like the tea has a round bulb on the end, it feels like it’s flattened: is there a way to bring it back to life so it’s round? That way at least I would be able to suck on it and be able to have some thing that feels real I believe this is a Nuk 5?

Brian

The plain ones should be fine in boiling water, although I can't guarantee every manufacturer has used the right plastic.  It's always been OK for me.  Some fancy ones have transfers though, and I wouldn't try boiling those.  Once one's gone flat I bin it.  For me they usually last for months though, used all night every night.

• Like 2

Mine are fine in boiling water I used this same method for my kids pacifiers when they were little and never had any problems with them. Like stroller said once mine have gone flat I get rid of them. Mine last several months and I also use mine every night. If you don’t want to do the boiling water I know here in Australia in the baby section of the supermarket you can get a sterilising solution that you can use for pacifiers not sure about other countries.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I just use my steriliser when I need to just put them in with my bottles ones a week on my day off 

35921EFF-FBB6-4895-BC82-B98C0D09D51B.jpeg

I've been using size 6 pacifiers for more than 3 years now, every night. I started out trying to use toddler pacifiers but I found that they didn't work well for me - they tended to put pressure on my front teeth to the point that they ached slightly in the morning, and often I would loose the pacifier in the middle of the night. I switched to the size 6 pacifiers available at Rearz, and I've found them to be great. They always stay in, and they put no pressure on my teeth.

They're also very inexpensive, which is an important aspect of the following piece of advice: if you aspire to using pacifiers every night, buy lots of them. I own about 25 now. Here's why: I typically use a pacifier for about 5 to 7 days, rinsing it with hot water every morning and leaving it out to dry, and then I give it another rinse right before I put it in at bedtime. Once I'm done with it at the end of the week, I rinse it off and put it into another container, one that's open, so that it dries out completely. When I have a big enough pile of used ones to make it worthwhile, I fill a bowl with mouthwash, take them apart, and soak all the parts for an hour or so, then rinse them off, let them dry thoroughly, reassemble them, and they go into my "clean" container.

I find that if you don't clean them periodically, no matter how well you rinse them, they will eventually start smelling musty - when you're sleeping with one and breathing and drooling etc, it's in a humid environment for hours, and over time, life can take hold. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 3:32 AM, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

So You've NEVER had any issues with pacis?!?? I thought pacis made your teeth crooked?!??? Could you elaborate on this please??? This is very interesting!??☺️

According to dentists they do in children. According to my last psychologist it is fine but also suggested a size that is ment for adults ?

What I get from what they both said ( teeth still comeing in on children can be realigned by the negitive pressure of the suction and a adult size reduces the negitive pressure by makeing less free space and thus less chance of it happening in adults useing the correct size) that is my interpretation at least. 

To be more specific I sould say if useing a paci by sucking on it you should use the correct size or at least one made for the highest size they make for toddlers which I believe was 24+months I only found those made by fisher price a long time ago and were tossed a few years ago as they weren't the correct size for me ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

According to dentists they do in children. According to my last psychologist it is fine but also suggested a size that is ment for adults ?

What I get from what they both said ( teeth still comeing in on children can be realigned by the negitive pressure of the suction and a adult size reduces the negitive pressure by makeing less free space and thus less chance of it happening in adults useing the correct size) that is my interpretation at least. 

To be more specific I sould say if useing a paci by sucking on it you should use the correct size or at least one made for the highest size they make for toddlers which I believe was 24+months I only found those made by fisher price a long time ago and were tossed a few years ago as they weren't the correct size for me ?

Which alter was this?!?????♥️? I REALLY like your answer buddy. you and I should hang out MORE often!?????♥️?♥️???

I broke out to the front for a few man I'm not 1 of the alts ??

Believe me right about now I wish I was though as I have no clue what they ate ?

Knowing my luck they got into the magnesium hydroxide that looks like salt water taffy ?

6 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

I broke out to the front for a few man I'm not 1 of the alts ??

Believe me right about now I wish I was though as I have no clue what they ate ?

Go away! I wanna talk to the one that made the post that I'm commenting about.????

That was me Jesse ? the pacis were tossed because my mom caught me useing them. ? 

I guess I really should tag the posts I make also ?because I just confused you, sorry about that man.  ?

Not Jasmine  I'm only going to post my actual name once for about a couple minutes so Kpaxor doesn't try to Punish me again J--------(host)  ?

Edited by KPAXOR1987
Tag J--------(host)<Kpaxor> removed the host's name
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

That was me Jesse ? the pacis were tossed because my mom caught me useing them. ? 

I guess I really should tag the posts I make also ?because I just confused you, sorry about that man.  ?

Do all of your alters use pacis?!?????? 

And I hope you still use new pacis!?????☹️☺️?

J-------- do not do that again. 

<Kpaxor>

<Jessica and J---- > switching with kpaxor 

<D------ > switching with Jessica and J---- 

<Mary Anne> switching with D------

<Essiah> switching with Mary Anne

<Kpaxor> switching with Essiah

J------- you broke the rules you are not supposed to ever put your name, I could careless that you posted but don't tag with your name revealed. You you won't see this for a while.

J---- take front please <kpaxor>

J---- here 

What's up my man ?

The host gave his actual name and we need someone blocking him from takeing front again ?

Got it but um give me a second to find the right way to go about this ?

Jessica you take front you know more about that then me ?

• Sad 1
22 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

J-------- do not do that again. 

<Kpaxor>

<Jessica and J---- > switching with kpaxor 

<D------ > switching with Jessica and J---- 

<Mary Anne> switching with D------

<Essiah> switching with Mary Anne

<Kpaxor> switching with Essiah

J------- you broke the rules you are not supposed to ever put your name, I could careless that you posted but don't tag with your name revealed. You you won't see this for a while.

J---- take front please <kpaxor>

J---- here 

What's up my man ?

The host gave his actual name and we need someone blocking him from takeing front again ?

Got it but um give me a second to find the right way to go about this ?

Jessica you take front you know more about that then me ?

For GOD SAKE JUST LET THE HOST USE HIS NAME!?????? It's HIS life and he SHOULD be ALLOWED to DO SO if he wants to!!!!

Hi Jeggy it's Jessica  J-------- was kicked out the front for useing his name so I will answer the question for you ?

Not all the host's alts use Pacis but the little alts of the alts do and about ⅓ his alts are littles and some of the teen alts sometimes use a paci but they usually end up bringing their little alts in front by doing so ?

J-------- won't tell you this but I will he was trying to bring a little alt in the front because he doesn't sleep well but his little alts can't help but instantly relax with a paci ? don't tell him I told you when his punishment is over and he comes back on( who knows when that will be knowing Kpaxor ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

Hi Jeggy it's Jessica  J-------- was kicked out the front for useing his name so I will answer the question for you ?

Not all the host's alts use Pacis but the little alts of the alts do and about ⅓ his alts are littles and some of the teen alts sometimes use a paci but they usually end up bringing their little alts in front by doing so ?

J-------- won't tell you this but I will he was trying to bring a little alt in the front because he doesn't sleep well but his little alts can't help but instantly relax with a paci ? don't tell him I told you when his punishment is over and he comes back on( who knows when that will be knowing Kpaxor ?

Thanks for being so kind Jessica! I'm going to guess the host's name now! I think his name is James!?☺️????????

14 minutes ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

For GOD SAKE JUST LET THE HOST USE HIS NAME!?????? It's HIS life and he SHOULD be ALLOWED to DO SO if he wants to!!!!

I can't do that Jeggy as a few of his little alts names are nicknames for his full name that is why I don't allow him to use his name as a couple of those alts get triggered to front by their names ? 

Please don't be too mad but realise I have a reason. 

<Kpaxor>

No I'm not the host I'm one of Jamie's alts and the host doesn't know about me or Jamie yet ??